First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Roy Moore lost!
8617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / a pop tart
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

Potaku wrote:




While I'm happy to see Roy Moore lose this election this is no time for celebration. I mean what would I really be celebrating? The fact that a multiple accused pedophile narrowly lost a SENATE ELECTION? The fact that it was close at all demonstrates how far we have all fallen.



This.
99411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17
You guys really need a middle ground 3rd partty.

The political polarization is kill you
2644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

Greylurker wrote:

You guys really need a middle ground 3rd partty.

The political polarization is kill you


https://youtu.be/7fvZsFeGQQQ?t=4s
23429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Online
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17
Looks lik Steve Bannon is going to be the scape goat for this lost

Wow how fast the rats start to turn on each other when the ship starts sinking
9680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17
It's not really a huge surprise. My home state of Louisiana rejected David Vitter just two years ago, and what he did wasn't nearly as bad as Moore.


Greylurker wrote:

You guys really need a middle ground 3rd partty.

The political polarization is kill you


Not happening. The Electoral College essentially mandates a two-party system.
qwueri 
24216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

Not happening. The Electoral College essentially mandates a two-party system.


I don't think it's even the electoral college that kills third parties so much as much as it is that third parties don't have a strong enough presence in a state or local level to leverage many seats in the House or Senate. The big two swallow up most localized politicking and any movement that takes traction: see the Tea Party for Republicans or Bernie Sanders supporters for Democrats. The sad truth is that third parties in the US are seen as either resources to be consumed or obstacles to be crushed, if they ever manage to pull out of obscurity.
9680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

qwueri wrote:

I don't think it's even the electoral college that kills third parties so much as much as it is that third parties don't have a strong enough presence in a state or local level to leverage many seats in the House or Senate. The big two swallow up most localized politicking and any movement that takes traction: see the Tea Party for Republicans or Bernie Sanders supporters for Democrats. The sad truth is that third parties in the US are seen as either resources to be consumed or obstacles to be crushed, if they ever manage to pull out of obscurity.


And one of the main reasons is a Presidential candidate needs the majority of electoral votes to win, and a third party candidate would theoretically siphon critical votes away from a mainstream candidate.
qwueri 
24216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

And one of the main reasons is a Presidential candidate needs the majority of electoral votes to win, and a third party candidate would theoretically siphon critical votes away from a mainstream candidate.


It's the most readily visible reasons, but much like the role of president itself much of that is just a figurehead for all the people formulating policy in Congress. Even on a local level a third party candidate would be viewed that way running for a representative seat, to be bought out by the strongest affiliated party if they ever want to see the funds to get reelected or run for a higher office. The amount of money dumped into politics creates a bar of entry that's seldom attainable without party support.
mxdan 
11973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17
20151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/15/17

Greylurker wrote:

You guys really need a middle ground 3rd partty.

The political polarization is kill you


People like me who are part of the middle ground in the last two years been called Nazis and alt right because we don't agree with everything the left does.. I am also an atheist and don't always agree with the right, but they not the ones calling me alt left or antifa for not agreeing with them all the time.

I love to see someone from my party win, that party is the no party system, and individual instead.
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/15/17

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Greylurker wrote:

You guys really need a middle ground 3rd partty.

The political polarization is kill you


People like me who are part of the middle ground in the last two years been called Nazis and alt right because we don't agree with everything the left does.. I am also an atheist and don't always agree with the right, but they not the ones calling me alt left or antifa for not agreeing with them all the time.

I love to see someone from my party win, that party is the no party system, and individual instead.


You are not a moderate. Sorry. You are pretty damn conservative.

It might be convenient right now to distance yourself from that given their constant failures, but you definitely quack like a duck.
20151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/15/17

LakeJucas wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Greylurker wrote:

You guys really need a middle ground 3rd partty.

The political polarization is kill you


People like me who are part of the middle ground in the last two years been called Nazis and alt right because we don't agree with everything the left does.. I am also an atheist and don't always agree with the right, but they not the ones calling me alt left or antifa for not agreeing with them all the time.

I love to see someone from my party win, that party is the no party system, and individual instead.


You are not a moderate. Sorry. You are pretty damn conservative.

It might be convenient right now to distance yourself from that given their constant failures, but you definitely quack like a duck.


'No having an opinion that agree with some of their stance does not make me a moderate, I have opinions that are left reaching as well." At that I have taken surveys that all have place me in the middle.


At this this is the last one had me placed.. Maybe just maybe your so far left, the idea that someone not agree with everything you say makes them alt right, but that's only do to how deep in the left field you are.
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LakeJucas wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Greylurker wrote:

You guys really need a middle ground 3rd partty.

The political polarization is kill you


People like me who are part of the middle ground in the last two years been called Nazis and alt right because we don't agree with everything the left does.. I am also an atheist and don't always agree with the right, but they not the ones calling me alt left or antifa for not agreeing with them all the time.

I love to see someone from my party win, that party is the no party system, and individual instead.


You are not a moderate. Sorry. You are pretty damn conservative.

It might be convenient right now to distance yourself from that given their constant failures, but you definitely quack like a duck.


'No having an opinion that agree with some of their stance does not make me a moderate, I have opinions that are left reaching as well." At that I have taken surveys that all have place me in the middle.


At this this is the last one had me placed.. Maybe just maybe your so far left, the idea that someone not agree with everything you say makes them alt right, but that's only do to how deep in the left field you are.


I mean, you clearly only get your information from conservative sources (Tucker Carlson, for instance). But do tell me the liberal news you actually watch/read
1405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:
'No having an opinion that agree with some of their stance does not make me a moderate, I have opinions that are left reaching as well." At that I have taken surveys that all have place me in the middle.


I bet you would never guess what the "Political Compass" you used registers me as.
Ready?
Here we go:



Shocking, huh?
My point being is that political views are too complex to rely on a singular "compass" or online test like that.
Some people have taken it to the degree of having a "5 Dimensional Compass" to show where you are on each spectrum of political ideologies.
This is kind of how political views can go, though.

You do come off as more conservative than "middle of the road" at times.
This is mostly because you repeat various theories that are passed around on far right websites that haven't enough supporting evidence to substantiate their claims (but are "facts" because they say so).
Responding with the whole "you must be so far left that the middle seems conservative" is kind of a weak rebuttal to the claim as you may very well be more right than a few Facebook quizzes and that political compass registers you.
Considering, of course, not every aspect of one's political ideology is represented in the questions asked.
5016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17
if they hadn't gone nuclear toxic and created lies then moore would have stood a chance, but, once again, when the dems learn of a new tactic to play in and win (after all it's all about winning and keeping the folks in slavery and asleep) then they are going to do it. they have gone from toxic to nuclear toxic, all because they lost the president's seat.

however, most history will show, once one group of folks get into office, it shuffles after awhile and switches, so, I'm not really surprised. politics is politics, they vote for the best lies and some believe what the lies they are fed/told.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.