First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Roy Moore lost!
24096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

niotabunny wrote:

if they hadn't gone nuclear toxic and created lies then moore would have stood a chance, but, once again, when the dems learn of a new tactic to play in and win (after all it's all about winning and keeping the folks in slavery and asleep) then they are going to do it. they have gone from toxic to nuclear toxic, all because they lost the president's seat.

however, most history will show, once one group of folks get into office, it shuffles after awhile and switches, so, I'm not really surprised. politics is politics, they vote for the best lies and some believe what the lies they are fed/told.


incorrect Roy Moore lost the election because of Roy Moore.

His own mouth cost him that senate seat

When 25% of your state population is black maybe you shouldn't say shit like "Family's were stronger when we had slavery" and "I would get rid of every amendment past the 10th" you know including the 13th which by the way FREED THE SLAVES

He made zero attempt to court the black vote ge just made them angery enough to get out and vote

So if you want to point the finger of blame you have to point it right at Roy Moore
24096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17
You know what is really funny about all this?

I Strange would've won
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

niotabunny wrote:

if they hadn't gone nuclear toxic and created lies then moore would have stood a chance, but, once again, when the dems learn of a new tactic to play in and win (after all it's all about winning and keeping the folks in slavery and asleep) then they are going to do it. they have gone from toxic to nuclear toxic, all because they lost the president's seat.

however, most history will show, once one group of folks get into office, it shuffles after awhile and switches, so, I'm not really surprised. politics is politics, they vote for the best lies and some believe what the lies they are fed/told.


Sure blame the Democrats if it makes you feel better. What did you expect though? They tried pushing someone who had a history of molesting children. Are Democrats supposed to just not point this out? Clearly, it was effective by itself. Nearly the entire Republican party pushed for a pedophile. Maybe if the Republicans literally stopped acting as if they can get away with anything right now, this wouldn't have happened. They literally played themselves. Admit it. It was their bad decisions that lead to the first Democrat elected in 25 years and who knows what else when the midterms come up. A literal pro-choice candidate in Alabama.

Meanwhile in the Senate




Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

Cydoemus wrote:

I bet you would never guess what the "Political Compass" you used registers me as.
Ready?
Here we go:

I'm not sure how your political compass test is shocking. You're exactly where I expected you to be from your posts alone. It's also funny you say that he is conservative as he has most likely been branded a "leftist" by the religious right of the 90s.

edit: I guess there is the possibility that you faked your test to bait someone into saying what I've said but I still stand by my belief that you're a radical centrist.
3154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

GrandMasterTime wrote:
I'm not sure how your political compass test is shocking. You're exactly where I expected you to be from your posts alone. It's also funny you say that he is conservative as he has most likely been branded a "leftist" by the religious right of the 90s.



That was twenty years ago, times change. Also, the fact Dark seems to believe whatever he reads on Fox News, breitbart, infowars etc. is far more telling then whatever he may claim to be.
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

Mishio1 wrote:


GrandMasterTime wrote:
I'm not sure how your political compass test is shocking. You're exactly where I expected you to be from your posts alone. It's also funny you say that he is conservative as he has most likely been branded a "leftist" by the religious right of the 90s.



That was twenty years ago, times change. Also, the fact he seems to take articles he reads on Fox News, breitbart, infowars etc. at face value is far more telling then whatever he may claim.


Exactly. So the left has shifted. Also I used to watch CNN and Sunrise (Australian morning news) when I still used TV, is that far more telling than my actual positions?

3154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

GrandMasterTime wrote:

Exactly. So the left has shifted. Also I used to watch CNN and Sunrise (Australian morning news) when I still used TV, is that far more telling than my actual positions?


Of course it's shifted. The whole political landscape has shifted drastically in the last fifty years or so. Hell, fifty or sixty years ago, the Democrat party was conservative and the Republicans were liberal.

Don't put words in my mouth. I said it was that he takes such articles at face value that's telling, not that he watches/reads them.
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

Mishio1 wrote:


GrandMasterTime wrote:

Exactly. So the left has shifted. Also I used to watch CNN and Sunrise (Australian morning news) when I still used TV, is that far more telling than my actual positions?


Of course it's shifted. The whole political landscape has shifted drastically in the last fifty years or so. Hell, fifty or sixty years ago, the Democrat party was conservative and the Republicans were liberal.

Don't put words in my mouth. I said it was that he takes such articles at face value that's telling, not that he watches/reads them.


That is what Darkphoenix claimed with Lakes so I'm just reiterating it.

Oh I see sorry about that.
16151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

Mishio1 wrote:


GrandMasterTime wrote:
I'm not sure how your political compass test is shocking. You're exactly where I expected you to be from your posts alone. It's also funny you say that he is conservative as he has most likely been branded a "leftist" by the religious right of the 90s.



That was twenty years ago, times change. Also, the fact Dark seems to believe whatever he reads on Fox News, breitbart, infowars etc. is far more telling then whatever he may claim to be.


Yeah, I think you can be a "moderate" in political philosophy (ex. "Oh, I think we should have reasonable government regulations on the free market" (notice how that statement means basically nothing because it relies upon subjective determinations of the word "reasonable)) but lean one way or the other in practice. For example, if your rhetoric echoes the right (ex. "All the regulations we have are destroying a business! They've gone far beyond 'reasonable'" (notice how this statement applies the previous statement to the current political context)), you are probably not a moderate. More likely, you are just caught in the mindset of "moderate idealism" where the blind zealotry of partisanship poisons the acceptance of adherence to a political party, and your ideas of "reasonable" become synonymous with centrism in your worldview.

Basically, what I mean is that everybody (or most people) thinks that they themselves are "reasonable" and a lot of people have come to believe that being a moderate means casting aside the "unreasonable"ness of partisanship, thus their bias places them into the "moderate" camp whether or not they actually belong.
5630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/15/17
here lately everything else has been democratic dangerous, but the yearbook thing including other things, and just because one more nuclear toxic guy got in (after all he was part of the civil rights movement back in the day and Clinton supported him) we shall see on all accounts, after all, voting does work all the time, if people get out to vote. but as stated this is history, this is nothing new. and leave it to the left to be toxic and nose rubbing as usual. when the right does it, they are bad, but left do it, it's alright. what's good for the goose is good for the gander... but last I checked isn't Alabama still a red state? there isn't a state out there that is dominantly said color, just means there are more folks in there of said color. even California have some republican representatives. just stating some useless facts for those who are "celebrating"

and apparently the context of roy moore's two quotes are questionable, but after finding the correct ones and how he said them, makes more sense. that's how the media ruins something by running with half or their own path. but it is quite true, since folks don't understand these amendments, or the government has trampled on them (badly in some cases) completely understandable to fix the situation and make more to fix the ones before it. such as women not given the same sentencing for a crime as a man, right to bare arms (as moore points out) is beyond worn out and needs a whole new one, and yes, even slavery. since slavery is still an act to this day (which, before even China became a full country was there slavery and will thus far), but welfare, food stamps... these are a form of slavery, makes you dependent on the government, their slave, you the master... so, nope, slavery is still alive and well in the world, including the states, before we even approach the religious slavery, the culture slavery, sex slaves, etc. I'm tired of work around we need fixing, not repairing, repairing gets these situations, fixing means looking at said piece and instead of picking out what sounds right, this means both sides comes to an agreement and finally fixes the broken links in this so called government. ideally won't happen, but that's what needs to be done.
77844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Online
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/13/17

niotabunny wrote:

here lately everything else has been democratic dangerous, but the yearbook thing including other things, and just because one more nuclear toxic guy got in (after all he was part of the civil rights movement back in the day and Clinton supported him) we shall see on all accounts, after all, voting does work all the time, if people get out to vote. but as stated this is history, this is nothing new. and leave it to the left to be toxic and nose rubbing as usual. when the right does it, they are bad, but left do it, it's alright. what's good for the goose is good for the gander... but last I checked isn't Alabama still a red state? there isn't a state out there that is dominantly said color, just means there are more folks in there of said color. even California have some republican representatives. just stating some useless facts for those who are "celebrating"


you sound bitter.


5630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/15/17
there was an edit, but I'm not bitter, words on a screen is hard to call, I'm passionate about politics, can't help it that this might offend folks, but facts, sources and truths are present. guess the quote was proven as truth, it's alright that someone is against something while on one side of the fence, yet, when someone states something bad, then, it becomes a bad thing. but, once again, toss in sheep ideology there are going to be "immature" moments. Trump wins, everyone loses their minds (good or bad), one guy gets into a special election and some folks don't agree with it, people loses their minds (good or bad). in the end, sadly, welcome to politics.
20171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/14/17

LakeJucas wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


LakeJucas wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Greylurker wrote:

You guys really need a middle ground 3rd partty.

The political polarization is kill you


People like me who are part of the middle ground in the last two years been called Nazis and alt right because we don't agree with everything the left does.. I am also an atheist and don't always agree with the right, but they not the ones calling me alt left or antifa for not agreeing with them all the time.

I love to see someone from my party win, that party is the no party system, and individual instead.


You are not a moderate. Sorry. You are pretty damn conservative.

It might be convenient right now to distance yourself from that given their constant failures, but you definitely quack like a duck.


'No having an opinion that agree with some of their stance does not make me a moderate, I have opinions that are left reaching as well." At that I have taken surveys that all have place me in the middle.


At this this is the last one had me placed.. Maybe just maybe your so far left, the idea that someone not agree with everything you say makes them alt right, but that's only do to how deep in the left field you are.


I mean, you clearly only get your information from conservative sources (Tucker Carlson, for instance). But do tell me the liberal news you actually watch/read


Liberal.. Buffalo news.. sure in hell not CNN they already made it clear they don't give a damn about the facts.
24096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/14/17

and fox news does?
20171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 12/13/17 , edited 12/14/17

uncletim wrote:


and fox news does?


They have their moments, I admit their shit to.. But don't forget I prefer to get my information from the house judiciary committee, and from multiple sources. so it really nothing to do with the parties, because I am not a fan of the party system.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.