First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Transgendered Characters in Anime.
11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/31/17

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

EDIT:

serifsansserif wrote:

The anti-trans stuff you see isn't because there's an actual anti-trans agenda. It's because 1. it affects you directly, and therefore you perceive it more, 2. people are really tired of being policed 24/7 about what they say think or do. So they swing the opposite direction.....


1) So because I live it. It isn't real? Next you're going to tell someone black that there's no racial discrimination right?

2) Bullshit. That's the same "It's all the SJWs' Fault" excuse that everyone brings out to justify their shitty attitudes.


Oh no... Those things exist.. and they'll ALWAYS exist. People hate for reasons beyond comprehension. You'll NEVER get rid of it, only lessen it.

Dude. I was saying that this would result from the SJW attitude as soon as the SJW movement was mobilized 3 years ago.. and now we have fucking Trump. ..

I called it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo far in advance it's not even funny. Start hating on people for something they may or may not even do, and you're going to get a LOT of people pissed off at you and doing just the opposite of what you ask to spite you. Same reason we have the problems we do with radicalized islam. Too much fucking around in their part of the world when we shouldn't have.

This isn't anything more than group psychology at this point.
77844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/31/17

serifsansserif wrote:
What is your agenda?


An agenda implies too much organisation and forethought for me. I'm just me. Even this topic. yes it's about some that would be controversial to some and I KNOW has some people on this forum gnashing their teeth in frustration at not being allowed to post. but that wasn't my goal. I thought it would be a legitmate question of interest to at least a few on CR. (The Trans on CR group has at least 20 members)


77844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/31/17

serifsansserif wrote:
Dude. I was saying that this would result from the SJW attitude as soon as the SJW movement was mobilized 3 years ago.. and now we have fucking Trump. ..


SJW movement? SJW is just a term that GamerGaters and other right wingers like to throw around to show contempt for ideas that differ from their own.


11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/31/17

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


serifsansserif wrote:
What is your agenda?


An agenda implies too much organisation and forethought for me. I'm just me. Even this topic. yes it's about some that would be controversial to some and I KNOW has some people on this forum gnashing their teeth in frustration at not being allowed to post. but that wasn't my goal. I thought it would be a legitmate question of interest to at least a few on CR. (The Trans on CR group has at least 20 members)




Well, rather than agenda, what is your desire?

I mean Papa, I've been around here for a while. I've tried to give trans CR members a chance to speak when the other non-trans forum members had to explain trans to its trans members...

I don't really have much of a personal opinion on it except if you're happy being you, and it doesn't hurt anyone, go for it.

As for gender? I kinda find it a silly thing. I fit a lot of female stereotypes and gendered characteristics, yet seem to never be considered female. I don't exactly get considered the most male of males either.

If I had a choice of being male or female, I'd rather choose either neither (give me a full synthetic body) or the ability to choice either at whim, much like people choose their clothes.

To me.... people are humans and just way too hung up on their preconceived notions on what they can do, can't do, and ought or ought not do.
-OlE- 
1814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Nebraska
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/31/17
uuuuhhhhhhhh......i think i may have derailed the thread lol my bad. this conversation is interesting imo and i actually enjoy seeing the feedback going back and forth and debating it in my head, but maybe a different thread would be a better place lol. sorry didn't mean to start the conversation down a rabbit hole
11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/31/17

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


serifsansserif wrote:
Dude. I was saying that this would result from the SJW attitude as soon as the SJW movement was mobilized 3 years ago.. and now we have fucking Trump. ..


SJW movement? SJW is just a term that GamerGaters and other right wingers like to throw around to show contempt for ideas that differ from their own.




I tried avoiding using it, but ya brought it up first... :)

Remember back when the whole "50% of women experience rape" thing that went around? and how there was a backlash with the whole poisoned skittles analogy thing?

That probably was the start of all this SJW horseshit. And as I'm what is generally considered a socialist and liberal in most areas of thought, (though not the radicalized version I'm criticizing), I think you're jumping the gun and making some gross assumptions on what my views are.
77844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

serifsansserif wrote:

That probably was the start of all this SJW horseshit. And as I'm what is generally considered a socialist and liberal in most areas of thought, (though not the radicalized version I'm criticizing), I think you're jumping the gun and making some gross assumptions on what my views are.


Sorry I didn't mean to impute that view on you. that's not what i was really trying to say. It's just that I don't see a radicalized movement that has invited push back. On the other hand I see a lot of people who seem upset that it's not the 1950s anymore and getting louder about it.


serifsansserif wrote:

Well, rather than agenda, what is your desire?

I mean Papa, I've been around here for a while. I've tried to give trans CR members a chance to speak when the other non-trans forum members had to explain trans to its trans members...

I don't really have much of a personal opinion on it except if you're happy being you, and it doesn't hurt anyone, go for it.


Hmmm... My desires are we like talking Peace on Earth and a Million Dollars? or something more specific? relative to the topic?

For me it's to live as a woman, including being treated as one, complete with the correct pronouns. More broadly I'd like every transperson to enjoy that same thing: To live as the gender they believe they are.

In Anime I've found one character for sure that makes me feel positive towards that desire. and another anime that spoke to me about my past states and issues.


-OlE- wrote:

uuuuhhhhhhhh......i think i may have derailed the thread lol my bad. this conversation is interesting imo and i actually enjoy seeing the feedback going back and forth and debating it in my head, but maybe a different thread would be a better place lol. sorry didn't mean to start the conversation down a rabbit hole


Quite all right. It happens. We'll be back on topic momentarily.
11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/31/17

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


serifsansserif wrote:

That probably was the start of all this SJW horseshit. And as I'm what is generally considered a socialist and liberal in most areas of thought, (though not the radicalized version I'm criticizing), I think you're jumping the gun and making some gross assumptions on what my views are.


Sorry I didn't mean to impute that view on you. that's not what i was really trying to say. It's just that I don't see a radicalized movement that has invited push back. On the other hand I see a lot of people who seem upset that it's not the 1950s anymore and getting louder about it.


serifsansserif wrote:

Well, rather than agenda, what is your desire?

I mean Papa, I've been around here for a while. I've tried to give trans CR members a chance to speak when the other non-trans forum members had to explain trans to its trans members...

I don't really have much of a personal opinion on it except if you're happy being you, and it doesn't hurt anyone, go for it.


Hmmm... My desires are we like talking Peace on Earth and a Million Dollars? or something more specific? relative to the topic?

For me it's to live as a woman, including being treated as one, complete with the correct pronouns. More broadly I'd like every transperson to enjoy that same thing: To live as the gender they believe they are.

In Anime I've found one character for sure that makes me feel positive towards that desire. and another anime that spoke to me about my past states and issues.


-OlE- wrote:

uuuuhhhhhhhh......i think i may have derailed the thread lol my bad. this conversation is interesting imo and i actually enjoy seeing the feedback going back and forth and debating it in my head, but maybe a different thread would be a better place lol. sorry didn't mean to start the conversation down a rabbit hole


Quite all right. It happens. We'll be back on topic momentarily.


No worries. It's irritating but people tend to like to assume my views one way or another often...

As for your desires, if you and every trans person could achieve that living normally in the body they feel most comfortable in, I think that would be ideal.

As for topic, Let's get back on track.

Here was a list I just googled..

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/14-gender-nonconforming-beauties-in-anime-and-manga

Parakiss was on the list, which isn't surprising. It's a fantastic anime, and I had completely forgotten one of the characters was transgender...
77844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/31/17

serifsansserif wrote:


https://www.theodysseyonline.com/14-gender-nonconforming-beauties-in-anime-and-manga

Parakiss was on the list, which isn't surprising. It's a fantastic anime, and I had completely forgotten one of the characters was transgender...


Bookmarked. and maybe I'll check out paradise kiss.


379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Midlothian, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/31/17

Greylurker wrote:
Bonclay especially is one of the best people you could ever want as a friend.


Nah. He's fun, sure, but the eccentricity is off the walls. Glad Sanji kicked him in the teeth.

I liked Ivanakov better as a character but the disgusting face on that Rocky Horror Picture Show cross-dressing was simply unbearable.
77844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 12/31/17 , edited 12/31/17

Cavemantero wrote:


Greylurker wrote:
Bonclay especially is one of the best people you could ever want as a friend.


Nah. He's fun, sure, but the eccentricity is off the walls. Glad Sanji kicked him in the teeth.

I liked Ivanakov better as a character but the disgusting face on that Rocky Horror Picture Show cross-dressing was simply unbearable.


I'll take Greylurker's opinion over yours. just judging from what little I know of you both.
77844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18

weebsarebad wrote:

Why is she so perfect?



don't know the anime. Couldn't tell you without more information. but she is cute.


11913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Melbourne
Online
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18
Japans outlook on this (LOL) "issue" is completely different from the western take [disparaging sentiment removed by mod]. I miss Bugs Bunny....
qwueri 
24892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

don't know the anime. Couldn't tell you without more information. but she is cute.




Yukimura Kusunoki from Haganai. He's introduced as an effeminate boy who admires the MC for his manliness, is subsequently tricked by another character into cross-dressing as 'a sign of his manliness', and is later revealed to be biologically female. He's portrayed more as confused about what it means to be a man and had a history of trouble making friends due to other boys being put off by his biology.

I'm forgetting exactly what his decision was on presented gender was after the reveal of his biology in the series. Though I'm thinking he decided to start presenting as and referring to herself as her biological gender.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.