First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime you love that you feel only you like
198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M / Cold side of the...
Offline
Posted 12/29/17 , edited 12/29/17
I don't dig for anime so I tend to watch what's generating hype lol


bemused_Bohemian wrote:

not in rank order and many other choices are left out.....

Original version of Neon Genesis Evangelion,
Koi Kaze (both anime and manga though manga was a little more graphic),
Rumbling Hearts aka Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (truly wish original game would get English translation and reintroduced to US market),
Accel World,
The Eccentric Family (S1 & S2),
Speed Grapher (damn, I wish this show would get updated with the kinkier parts left in),
Dead Leaves (it's Deadman Wonderland on steroids),
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (so much potential...at least some of that got redirected into Kill la Kill),
Polar Bear Cafe.


Dead Leaves sounds like my kind of anime. I will look for it. Thanks.

11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/17 , edited 12/30/17
A lot of the ones listed I've seen and loved:
Kuragane Connection, Speed grapher, Kyo Kari Maoh, Wallflower..


Ones I like that I don't think anyone else has seen much less liked... (they were at some point given US releases)

Mermaid Forest
Someday's Dreamers
Kurenai (cheating cause I watched the fansub, but it was released at one point by Sentai)
Strawberry Eggs (don't ask.... Just don't)
Twelve Kingdoms
Angelic Layer
Requiem from the darkness (not to be confused with the aforementioned descendants of darkness)
Wizard Barristers
Iria: ZERAM
Parasite Dolls
Happy Lesson (again, don't judge... ye who adored fruits basket... >.> )


Forgotten but also generally disliked by others except me:
Tsukihime
Hellsing (the original)
X



Forgotten by everyone BUT me it seems (some I like, some I don't, but there were big at one time):
Noir (and Madlax)
Chobits
GetBackers (found recently again on youtube)
Read or Die
Azumanga Diaoh
Witch Hunter Robin
Pet Shop of Horrors
Green Legend Ran
Sol Bianca
Bubbegum Crisis
xxxHolic
Uresei Yatsura
Fushigi Yuugi
Uetna
Rosn Maiden
Shakugan no shana
Tenchi Muyo
Escaflowne


Mind you, this isn't a list I'm writing for bragging rights. This is because I honestly want people to look into older titles more, and, if you can, rewatch some of your older favorites... Many can still be found between YT, Funi, and CR... And even a few are on amazon prime's "free" version (the non-strike section)
11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/17 , edited 12/29/17
I also caught up again recently on Battle Angel Alita on Youtube, and am SLOOOOOOWLY making my way through Key: Metal Idol on there too...

Also, Blakc Cat and Spiral are REALLY good.
7735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / Pacific North West
Offline
Posted 12/29/17 , edited 12/30/17

AnonymousMember wrote:

I came across a similar post but about manga, I was curious to find a similiar post about anime but found none. Although I honestly didn’t look extremely far.

Heres mine
Correct me if these are popular but i feel like when i bring them up no ones watched them or heard of them,or i dont see much talk about them on socials or forums.

Chronicles of The Going Home Club
Kokoro Connect
Space Patrol Luluco (I feel like this one was popular but i havnt heard much talk about it personally so im adding it)
Ai-Mai-Mi
I Can’t Understand What my Husband is Saying

Again correct me if im wrong but i’ve felt like i dont hear much or any talk about these. I’d like to hear your guy’s underrated anime, maybe within the community we’ll find new underrated anime we like.

If theres already a post like this and this one gets closed, please link me to the original. I’d like to see.


Hmm well if I keep it to what you can see on crunchyroll...

Wakaba*Girl This show was cute and funny. Don't think I have heard anyone talk about it, or seen it on anyone's anime watched list.

xxxHolic The art is hard for some to grasp but its another hidden Gem.

Sword Art Online I didn't love it, but I don't dislike it either. I thought it was enjoyable and usually when people trash it I see anime they watched and think how did they like it. Since I see nothing but disdain for the show I think it qualifies for my list

Time of Eve Ok it barely qualifies as anime in some people's minds. However I really enjoyed this show. It was kind of chill and brought up a lot of neat topics I had never thought of.
11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/17 , edited 12/30/17

DevinKuska wrote:


AnonymousMember wrote:

I came across a similar post but about manga, I was curious to find a similiar post about anime but found none. Although I honestly didn’t look extremely far.

Heres mine
Correct me if these are popular but i feel like when i bring them up no ones watched them or heard of them,or i dont see much talk about them on socials or forums.

Chronicles of The Going Home Club
Kokoro Connect
Space Patrol Luluco (I feel like this one was popular but i havnt heard much talk about it personally so im adding it)
Ai-Mai-Mi
I Can’t Understand What my Husband is Saying

Again correct me if im wrong but i’ve felt like i dont hear much or any talk about these. I’d like to hear your guy’s underrated anime, maybe within the community we’ll find new underrated anime we like.

If theres already a post like this and this one gets closed, please link me to the original. I’d like to see.


Hmm well if I keep it to what you can see on crunchyroll...

Wakaba*Girl This show was cute and funny. Don't think I have heard anyone talk about it, or seen it on anyone's anime watched list.

xxxHolic The art is hard for some to grasp but its another hidden Gem.

Sword Art Online I didn't love it, but I don't dislike it either. I thought it was enjoyable and usually when people trash it I see anime they watched and think how did they like it. Since I see nothing but disdain for the show I think it qualifies for my list

Time of Eve Ok it barely qualifies as anime in some people's minds. However I really enjoyed this show. It was kind of chill and brought up a lot of neat topics I had never thought of.


Time of Eve was another hit then kind of lost to the seasonality of things. Truly a classic.

And glad someone else remembers xxxHolic!

Anything Clamp put out was big back in the late 90's/early 00's I tried Tsubasa but it's nearly impossibly unless you've seen ALLLLLLL of Clamp's works. Rayearth was another popular one with the little animal mascot, but I never really got into it.
8899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

serifsansserif wrote:
Anything Clamp put out was big back in the late 90's/early 00's I tried Tsubasa but it's nearly impossibly unless you've seen ALLLLLLL of Clamp's works. Rayearth was another popular one with the little animal mascot, but I never really got into it.


How many people remember Angelic Layer? CLAMP does tournament anime. I enjoyed that.

If you didn't make it to the end of the first season of Magic Knight Rayearth, you should consider giving it another look. It has quite a twist ending.
11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

RMikami wrote:


serifsansserif wrote:
Anything Clamp put out was big back in the late 90's/early 00's I tried Tsubasa but it's nearly impossibly unless you've seen ALLLLLLL of Clamp's works. Rayearth was another popular one with the little animal mascot, but I never really got into it.


How many people remember Angelic Layer? CLAMP does tournament anime. I enjoyed that.

If you didn't make it to the end of the first season of Magic Knight Rayearth, you should consider giving it another look. It has quite a twist ending.


I remember Angelic Layer (listed it)

It was also nice to see how it tied into Chobits slightly.

If it were released these days I think it would do remarkably well... Perhaps better than some of the top seasonal choices.
1274 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Kansas, USA
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

serifsansserif wrote:

A lot of the ones listed I've seen and loved:
Kuragane Connection, Speed grapher, Kyo Kari Maoh, Wallflower..


Ones I like that I don't think anyone else has seen much less liked... (they were at some point given US releases)

Mermaid Forest
Someday's Dreamers
Kurenai (cheating cause I watched the fansub, but it was released at one point by Sentai)
Strawberry Eggs (don't ask.... Just don't)
Twelve Kingdoms
Angelic Layer
Requiem from the darkness (not to be confused with the aforementioned descendants of darkness)
Wizard Barristers
Iria: ZERAM
Parasite Dolls
Happy Lesson (again, don't judge... ye who adored fruits basket... >.> )


Forgotten but also generally disliked by others except me:
Tsukihime
Hellsing (the original)
X



Forgotten by everyone BUT me it seems (some I like, some I don't, but there were big at one time):
Noir (and Madlax)
Chobits
GetBackers (found recently again on youtube)
Read or Die
Azumanga Diaoh
Witch Hunter Robin
Pet Shop of Horrors
Green Legend Ran
Sol Bianca
Bubbegum Crisis
xxxHolic
Uresei Yatsura
Fushigi Yuugi
Uetna
Rosn Maiden
Shakugan no shana
Tenchi Muyo
Escaflowne


Mind you, this isn't a list I'm writing for bragging rights. This is because I honestly want people to look into older titles more, and, if you can, rewatch some of your older favorites... Many can still be found between YT, Funi, and CR... And even a few are on amazon prime's "free" version (the non-strike section)


I've seen almost all of these, but I couldn't rank too many of them in my "favorites." They're all enjoyable but not always memorable. I'll side with you on Mermaid Forest and Twelve Kingdoms, though. Fushigi Yuugi I would rate mostly for the Mysterious Playing Around segment xD. I'm reminded of another that I would add, as well: Saiunkoku. I don't think it's been mentioned; nor has Tegami Bachi, I don't think.

Edit: While we're on the topic of older titles, I'll add to your list of ones that people should watch at some point:

Trinity Blood
.Hack//Sign (it's also worthwhile to watch Liminality alongside it, and I could make a case for Roots, but I'd pass on LotTB)
Basilisk
Desert Punk
Angel Beats
Chrono Crusade
Orphen
Saiyuki
Wild Arms
11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

PandAndy wrote:


serifsansserif wrote:

A lot of the ones listed I've seen and loved:
Kuragane Connection, Speed grapher, Kyo Kari Maoh, Wallflower..


Ones I like that I don't think anyone else has seen much less liked... (they were at some point given US releases)

Mermaid Forest
Someday's Dreamers
Kurenai (cheating cause I watched the fansub, but it was released at one point by Sentai)
Strawberry Eggs (don't ask.... Just don't)
Twelve Kingdoms
Angelic Layer
Requiem from the darkness (not to be confused with the aforementioned descendants of darkness)
Wizard Barristers
Iria: ZERAM
Parasite Dolls
Happy Lesson (again, don't judge... ye who adored fruits basket... >.> )


Forgotten but also generally disliked by others except me:
Tsukihime
Hellsing (the original)
X



Forgotten by everyone BUT me it seems (some I like, some I don't, but there were big at one time):
Noir (and Madlax)
Chobits
GetBackers (found recently again on youtube)
Read or Die
Azumanga Diaoh
Witch Hunter Robin
Pet Shop of Horrors
Green Legend Ran
Sol Bianca
Bubbegum Crisis
xxxHolic
Uresei Yatsura
Fushigi Yuugi
Uetna
Rosn Maiden
Shakugan no shana
Tenchi Muyo
Escaflowne


Mind you, this isn't a list I'm writing for bragging rights. This is because I honestly want people to look into older titles more, and, if you can, rewatch some of your older favorites... Many can still be found between YT, Funi, and CR... And even a few are on amazon prime's "free" version (the non-strike section)


I've seen almost all of these, but I couldn't rank too many of them in my "favorites." They're all enjoyable but not always memorable. I'll side with you on Mermaid Forest and Twelve Kingdoms, though. Fushigi Yuugi I would rate mostly for the Mysterious Playing Around segment xD. I'm reminded of another that I would add, as well: Saiunkoku. I don't think it's been mentioned; nor has Tegami Bachi, I don't think.

Edit: While we're on the topic of older titles, I'll add to your list of ones that people should watch at some point:

Trinity Blood
.Hack//Sign (it's also worthwhile to watch Liminality alongside it, and I could make a case for Roots, but I'd pass on LotTB)
Basilisk
Desert Punk
Angel Beats
Chrono Crusade
Orphen
Saiyuki
Wild Arms


Requiem from the Darkness was good. Especially if you can dig 12 kingdoms and Mermaid Forest. Mermaid Forest was such an odd mention in rumiko takahashi's body of work.. At least the anime was.

Fuushigi Yuugi was mainly in manga form for me... by the same woman that lent me Paradise Kiss. (another FANTASTIC anime). Listed it more for being a thing than something I rated highly.

I haven't seen Orphen or Basilisk myself.. And I vaguely remember Wild Arms but that's been a long time...
11545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Costa Rica
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17
I'm sure there are a lot more I can think of at the moment but the one that comes to my mind first is Chaika The Coffin Princess. Only one of my friends knew about it and recommended it to me, I thought it was going to be one of those generic LN adaptations that deserve to be forgotten forever but I honestly really enjoyed it. I thought the story was really cool and interesting, charismatic characters for the most part and a nice pacing, even though the ending felt very rushed to me. And unlike 95% of LN adaptations, the story does have an ending.

I never see people talking about it so I can only think it's because it never generated hype so people forgot about it or I'm one of the very few who actually likes it
23378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

serifsansserif wrote:

A lot of the ones listed I've seen and loved:
Kuragane Connection, Speed grapher, Kyo Kari Maoh, Wallflower..


Ones I like that I don't think anyone else has seen much less liked... (they were at some point given US releases)

Mermaid Forest
Someday's Dreamers
Kurenai (cheating cause I watched the fansub, but it was released at one point by Sentai)
Strawberry Eggs (don't ask.... Just don't)
Twelve Kingdoms
Angelic Layer
Requiem from the darkness (not to be confused with the aforementioned descendants of darkness)
Wizard Barristers
Iria: ZERAM
Parasite Dolls
Happy Lesson (again, don't judge... ye who adored fruits basket... >.> )


Forgotten but also generally disliked by others except me:
Tsukihime
Hellsing (the original)
X



Forgotten by everyone BUT me it seems (some I like, some I don't, but there were big at one time):
Noir (and Madlax)
Chobits
GetBackers (found recently again on youtube)
Read or Die
Azumanga Diaoh
Witch Hunter Robin
Pet Shop of Horrors
Green Legend Ran
Sol Bianca
Bubbegum Crisis
xxxHolic
Uresei Yatsura
Fushigi Yuugi
Uetna
Rosn Maiden
Shakugan no shana
Tenchi Muyo
Escaflowne


Mind you, this isn't a list I'm writing for bragging rights. This is because I honestly want people to look into older titles more, and, if you can, rewatch some of your older favorites... Many can still be found between YT, Funi, and CR... And even a few are on amazon prime's "free" version (the non-strike section)


Omg Pet Shop of Horrors \(^o^)/ I really enjoyed that anime, I'm glad someone else has seen it. I think it's because it's old that it goes under the radar for most fans of anime.
7917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/3/18 , edited 1/3/18
-A lot of (mainly newer) P.A. Works shows (excluding Glasslip & Charlotte (which were kinda bad) and Angel Beats (which is pretty popular)). They're my favorite anime studio though so I'm being heavily biased here haha.
-Chihayafuru
-Starmyu
-a lot of idol shows
-Fune wo Amu
-Squid Girl
-Ushio & Tora

These are the only ones that come into my head right now.
630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / CinDay OH
Offline
Posted 1/3/18 , edited 1/3/18
I actually just finished watching the first half of Tenshi Ni Narumon (I'm gonna be an angel) on Tubi.tv. Wish someone would at least make a subtitled version available since it was just getting to the point where you realize the story is deeper than it initially appears.

I also enjoyed Rune Soldier and despite being hyped like crazy back in the day, you never hear about Steel Angel Kurumi anymore.
4648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / F / Behind you!
Offline
Posted 1/3/18 , edited 1/4/18

animemonster96 wrote:

Omg Pet Shop of Horrors \(^o^)/ I really enjoyed that anime, I'm glad someone else has seen it. I think it's because it's old that it goes under the radar for most fans of anime.



The manga is way better! The anime is really kind of just a snippet of the manga.
23378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 1/3/18 , edited 1/4/18

BettyColtrane wrote:


animemonster96 wrote:

Omg Pet Shop of Horrors \(^o^)/ I really enjoyed that anime, I'm glad someone else has seen it. I think it's because it's old that it goes under the radar for most fans of anime.



The manga is way better! The anime is really kind of just a snippet of the manga.

Oh really? I didn't know that. I think I'll have to go check the manga out since I really enjoyed the anime. I'll most likely love the manga too.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.