Post Reply Any Anime Suggestions ?
43060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/26/17
Long or Short.
Old or New
Finished or Not


I want action and quite mature anime (not berserk, watched it)

Give me any request, when i’ll have time i will do the 3 episodes rule and see if i like them or not
22215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/26/17
Re:zero, Overlord, and The heroic legend of arslan even though non of what I mentioned is mature if your talking in terms of nudity. However they are good anime's.
43060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/26/17

heysteve24 wrote:

Re:zero, Overlord, and The heroic legend of arslan even though non of what I mentioned is mature if your talking in terms of nudity. However they are good anime's.


What i mean about mature is a plot not childish and for older audience without having nudity.

I’ll keep the series you mentionned in consideration. Thanks !
18957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houston, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/25/17
Fate/Zero (slow start FYI)
Samurai Champloo
Psycho Pass (season 1)

All of these shows are very mature and 22+ episodes.
21183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/26/17

cuthysmalz2 wrote:

Long or Short.
Old or New
Finished or Not


I want action and quite mature anime (not berserk, watched it)

Give me any request, when i’ll have time i will do the 3 episodes rule and see if i like them or not


Wrong forums channel there bud.

For future reference, here ya go:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumcategory-391038/advice-info-recommendations

Also. Go watch Scorching Ping Pong Girls
24 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/26/17
Jormungand, Akame ga kill, Bungo Stray Dogs, Hamatora.
1539 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Strumpet House, N...
Offline
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/25/17
Monster (A little slow, but it does have action here and there, not blockbustery or anything but it works. Mature as hell.)

Serial Experiments Lain (Not really action packed, but mature for sure.)

Ghost in The Shell (Movie first, then watch the tv series, Stand Alone Complex.)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (This one take more than 3 episodes to show its true colors, just stick with it and you'll see what I mean.)

Parasyte (Chock full of action, and mature to boot.)

Steins;Gate (I guess this counts, pretty action packed, "mature" when it wants to be, I guess.)

Fate/Zero (Action packed and mature, just like you asked. Depending on who you ask from the Fate fanbase, they'll tell you to read/play the visual novel first, but nobody has time for that, so either watch Fate/Stay Night (2006) by Studio DEEN to start out, then watch the Unlimited Blade Works series, then Fate/Zero. Or skip 2006 (since it's only alright, I personally like it more than most), watch UBW, then Zero. Or, just watch Fate/Zero right from the jump, since it's a prequel, and then just watch everything else how you like it. Just an FYI, Zero was "meant" to be watched by people who already read the VNs, or have watched the original Fate show from studio DEEN. Or are just somehow familiar with the Fate franchise some other way. Then, after all of this, watch the Heaven's Feel movies whenever they're finally finished, and voila, you've experienced Fate.) Many people say that Zero is the best out of the franchise, since it's the most mature, and does more with the concept of the Holy Grail War than Stay/Night ever did. I have to agree, and disagree at the same time. I do think Zero is the superior anime, but I just prefer Stay/Night. Makes no sense, I know. But Zero doesn't have Rin Tohsaka as a main character, so it takes second place for that.

Re:Zero


Cowboy Bebop?

Akira (Movie, action packed, mature, iconic, legendary.)

Samurai Champloo?

Sword of The Stranger (Action packed, violent. Great fights, FANTASTIC animation. "Mature".)


Oh, and if you like manga at all, read Vagabond & Vinland Saga.


20725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Online
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/26/17

cuthysmalz2 wrote:
Long or Short.
Old or New
Finished or Not


I want action and quite mature anime (not berserk, watched it)

Give me any request, when i’ll have time i will do the 3 episodes rule and see if i like them or not

Drifters
Hellsing
Quan Zhi Gao Shou
Kekkai Sensen
Gangsta
Darker Than Black
Jin-Roh Wolf Brigade (movie)
43060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/26/17

PandaSamaBoi wrote:

Monster (A little slow, but it does have action here and there, not blockbustery or anything but it works. Mature as hell.)

Serial Experiments Lain (Not really action packed, but mature for sure.)

Ghost in The Shell (Movie first, then watch the tv series, Stand Alone Complex.)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (This one take more than 3 episodes to show its true colors, just stick with it and you'll see what I mean.)

Parasyte (Chock full of action, and mature to boot.)

Steins;Gate (I guess this counts, pretty action packed, "mature" when it wants to be, I guess.)

Fate/Zero (Action packed and mature, just like you asked. Depending on who you ask from the Fate fanbase, they'll tell you to read/play the visual novel first, but nobody has time for that, so either watch Fate/Stay Night (2006) by Studio DEEN to start out, then watch the Unlimited Blade Works series, then Fate/Zero. Or skip 2006 (since it's only alright, I personally like it more than most), watch UBW, then Zero. Or, just watch Fate/Zero right from the jump, since it's a prequel, and then just watch everything else how you like it. Just an FYI, Zero was "meant" to be watched by people who already read the VNs, or have watched the original Fate show from studio DEEN. Or are just somehow familiar with the Fate franchise some other way. Then, after all of this, watch the Heaven's Feel movies whenever they're finally finished, and voila, you've experienced Fate.) Many people say that Zero is the best out of the franchise, since it's the most mature, and does more with the concept of the Holy Grail War than Stay/Night ever did. I have to agree, and disagree at the same time. I do think Zero is the superior anime, but I just prefer Stay/Night. Makes no sense, I know. But Zero doesn't have Rin Tohsaka as a main character, so it takes second place for that.

Re:Zero


Cowboy Bebop?

Akira (Movie, action packed, mature, iconic, legendary.)

Samurai Champloo?

Sword of The Stranger (Action packed, violent. Great fights, FANTASTIC animation. "Mature".)


Oh, and if you like manga at all, read Vagabond & Vinland Saga.




I’m curious about the fate series but i have no idea about the correct order for the series, i want to watch the whole series. Which order should i watch them ? Oldest to newest ? If so, could you give me the order ? Thanks
120408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/26/17

cuthysmalz2 wrote:
I want action and quite mature anime (not berserk, watched it)



Thanks Yamstarch. I've moved it.
1539 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Strumpet House, N...
Offline
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/25/17

cuthysmalz2 wrote:


PandaSamaBoi wrote:

Monster (A little slow, but it does have action here and there, not blockbustery or anything but it works. Mature as hell.)

Serial Experiments Lain (Not really action packed, but mature for sure.)

Ghost in The Shell (Movie first, then watch the tv series, Stand Alone Complex.)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (This one take more than 3 episodes to show its true colors, just stick with it and you'll see what I mean.)

Parasyte (Chock full of action, and mature to boot.)

Steins;Gate (I guess this counts, pretty action packed, "mature" when it wants to be, I guess.)

Fate/Zero (Action packed and mature, just like you asked. Depending on who you ask from the Fate fanbase, they'll tell you to read/play the visual novel first, but nobody has time for that, so either watch Fate/Stay Night (2006) by Studio DEEN to start out, then watch the Unlimited Blade Works series, then Fate/Zero. Or skip 2006 (since it's only alright, I personally like it more than most), watch UBW, then Zero. Or, just watch Fate/Zero right from the jump, since it's a prequel, and then just watch everything else how you like it. Just an FYI, Zero was "meant" to be watched by people who already read the VNs, or have watched the original Fate show from studio DEEN. Or are just somehow familiar with the Fate franchise some other way. Then, after all of this, watch the Heaven's Feel movies whenever they're finally finished, and voila, you've experienced Fate.) Many people say that Zero is the best out of the franchise, since it's the most mature, and does more with the concept of the Holy Grail War than Stay/Night ever did. I have to agree, and disagree at the same time. I do think Zero is the superior anime, but I just prefer Stay/Night. Makes no sense, I know. But Zero doesn't have Rin Tohsaka as a main character, so it takes second place for that.

Re:Zero


Cowboy Bebop?

Akira (Movie, action packed, mature, iconic, legendary.)

Samurai Champloo?

Sword of The Stranger (Action packed, violent. Great fights, FANTASTIC animation. "Mature".)


Oh, and if you like manga at all, read Vagabond & Vinland Saga.




I’m curious about the fate series but i have no idea about the correct order for the series, i want to watch the whole series. Which order should i watch them ? Oldest to newest ? If so, could you give me the order ? Thanks



Personally, I'd say Unlimited Blade Works, then Fate/Zero. Then, if you feel up to it, watch Fate/Stay Night (2006). That's MY order. You COULD just watch Fate/Zero straight up, but you'll be a little lost on some details. And it spoils some things in Stay Night. So, UBW, Zero, and then Heaven's Feel whenever it wraps up with the movies coming out. And then Carnival Phantasm to make you happy after watching all that glumness. You can then watch Apocrypha, Grand Order, Kaleid Prisma Illya, and Extra if you like as they don't really affect the main Stay Night storyline, or intertwine with them, and they're just extra fate shit to consume.
43060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/26/17
Are the visual novel somehow needed to clearly understand the plot ? Because let’s be honest, visual novel are super long and boring.
2080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/26/17
Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal
13546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/26/17
Speedgrapher
Glass Maiden
Rin: Daughters of Mnmesyne
Kara No Kyoukai (aka Garden of Sinners)
Loups=Garous
Ookami Kakushi: Masque of Wolves
Grisaia (Fruit of, Labyrinth of, Eden of)
Denpa Teki na Kanojo (both movies)
Gallilei Donna
Riddle Story of the Devil
Tokyo ESP
Angel Cop
8th Man After
Kakurenbo: Hide and Seek
Triangle Heart
80369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
from the South Bay
Online
Posted 12/27/17 , edited 12/27/17
For action:

From the latest series Kekkai Sensen would be my top pick for recommendation.
From the past few years Gangsta,Psycho Pass and then Ghost in the Shell.
For Scifi action , Parasyte would be adult enough

You must be logged in to post.