First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply A True Artist putting a dumb artist in his place
80 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/17 , edited 12/29/17
15658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/17 , edited 12/30/17
Ah man, I haven't really listened to Flobots since Survival Story, but Jonny 5 has always impressed me as a rapper. Totally underrated. Sad to see that such a hack is biting them without understanding literally anything they do.
3370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 12/29/17 , edited 12/30/17
wow Flobots, I remember that one. nice rap, now to sound remotely racist here, white people can rap! but yes, it sure is sad how this goes on to this day, where are the feminists, oh wait, let's let a guy point out that it's an insult and states first artist is treating women as an object. once upon a time, back in the 90s, there was a lot of this going on, but thanks to the net, youtube and an unhealthy obsession with parodies (Sorry Weird Al did it best), there are going to be this. I've seen some cute, good and down right outstanding "music battles". but I've also seen some horrible, insulting, racist, etc. kudos to Flobots all the same.

a bit off topic: while I was there I checked out an awesome dedication to a true legend Akira! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nKooIjKtZc the world today, it's only going to get scarier before it settles down a bit then turn chaotic and we're going to have a full frontal wave of stupidity which will have no end.
220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Orario
Offline
Posted 12/29/17
I heard Flobots got upset and started working on a diss track because of this.
mxdan 
11414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Online
Posted 12/29/17 , edited 12/30/17

AnonymousMember wrote:

I heard Flobots got upset and started working on a diss track because of this.




---

There is such theft going on here. These Logan children go on through life thinking they can do what they want without consequences. Had they asked Flobots and done things the proper way then at least I'd respect them for having a production that's somewhat good. But this shit is poorly written, unoriginal, and sexist.

10690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/17 , edited 12/29/17

mxdan wrote:


AnonymousMember wrote:

I heard Flobots got upset and started working on a diss track because of this.




---

There is such theft going on here. These Logan children go on through life thinking they can do what they want without consequences. Had they asked Flobots and done things the proper way then at least I'd respect them for having a production that's somewhat good. But this shit is poorly written, unoriginal, and sexist.



I agree the hook is bitten, and if he'd gotten proper permission to do as a sort of parody, he'd be in the clear. I come from a different perspective on how Logan Paul is going about this tho. I'm willing to bet (tho I might be wrong) that he's completely aware of what he's doing and is doing so to his benefit (Controversy.)

As for poorly written, I actually think it's decently written withing the confine's of the modern pop rap paradigm (and even within that criteria it's not bad, I mean his bar's weren't that bad tbh.), that is actually ultimately unoriginal(Tho what is original nowadays) and sexist ( tho let's be honest what pop rapper haven't been)

E.G: Lil Pump



7421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / 'Murica
Offline
Posted 12/29/17
... You're joking right? What in the world is a "True Artist"?
Banned
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Morioh, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/29/17
80 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/17
80 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/17

DroZzhat wrote:

... You're joking right? What in the world is a "True Artist"?


While I do understand that those words 'true; artist' are very subjective. I'm not particularly sure what other alternative language I could use. Maybe 'better bars musician versus generic unimaginative bars musician' would've been better and satisfied your semantic mind. But then again those words prior before word 'musician' are also still a little bit subjective...so...I think people get the idea if use the words 'true' and 'dumb' and hopefully understand that it's just an opinion and that I'm trying to get across a point here. Which I hope you can get. Otherwise, that would be very sad.
18758 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago,IL
Offline
Posted 12/30/17
Man i thought you meant like artist as a painter.
This thread is disappointing me.
7421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / 'Murica
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

mitochondriaCell wrote:


DroZzhat wrote:

... You're joking right? What in the world is a "True Artist"?


While I do understand that those words 'true; artist' are very subjective. I'm not particularly sure what other alternative language I could use. Maybe 'better bars musician versus generic unimaginative bars musician' would've been better and satisfied your semantic mind. But then again those words prior before word 'musician' are also still a little bit subjective...so...I think people get the idea if use the words 'true' and 'dumb' and hopefully understand that it's just an opinion and that I'm trying to get across a point here. Which I hope you can get. Otherwise, that would be very sad.


I understood what you were trying to say; that does not mean I cannot take issue with what was actually said. I think both artists are terrible, personally, if that's more in line with the conversation you actually wanted. The second dude reminds me of a shitty fast talking beatnik without the basic understanding of poetry and with an extra dose of hipster. I don't think being able to spit out that tired drivel rapidly constitutes noteworthy talent. Still, they're both technically artists in the broad sense of the term.

15658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/17

DroZzhat wrote:

I understood what you were trying to say; that does not mean I cannot take issue with what was actually said. I think both artists are terrible, personally, if that's more in line with the conversation you actually wanted. The second dude reminds me of a shitty fast talking beatnik without the basic understanding of poetry and with an extra dose of hipster. I don't think being able to spit out that tired drivel rapidly constitutes noteworthy talent. Still, they're both technically artists in the broad sense of the term.



Would you be able to qualify those insults with something that can be discussed? As of now, it is little more than name-calling. Also, I have to ask, are you familiar with any of their work beyond this diss track?
7421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / 'Murica
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

sundin13 wrote:


DroZzhat wrote:

I understood what you were trying to say; that does not mean I cannot take issue with what was actually said. I think both artists are terrible, personally, if that's more in line with the conversation you actually wanted. The second dude reminds me of a shitty fast talking beatnik without the basic understanding of poetry and with an extra dose of hipster. I don't think being able to spit out that tired drivel rapidly constitutes noteworthy talent. Still, they're both technically artists in the broad sense of the term.



Would you be able to qualify those insults with something that can be discussed? As of now, it is little more than name-calling. Also, I have to ask, are you familiar with any of their work beyond this diss track?


I don't see the point. Me further elaborating on why I don't like a thing you like likely won't make you like it any less, nor do I actually care if you like it or not. What I said constitutes my feelings on the matter; if, based upon your own feelings on the artist, you would like to take the words as simply insults, so be it. My only contention was that both are technically artists, with an equal claim to the "moniker", neither "truer" than the other, despite my personal lack of respect for either.
15658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/17

DroZzhat wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


DroZzhat wrote:

I understood what you were trying to say; that does not mean I cannot take issue with what was actually said. I think both artists are terrible, personally, if that's more in line with the conversation you actually wanted. The second dude reminds me of a shitty fast talking beatnik without the basic understanding of poetry and with an extra dose of hipster. I don't think being able to spit out that tired drivel rapidly constitutes noteworthy talent. Still, they're both technically artists in the broad sense of the term.



Would you be able to qualify those insults with something that can be discussed? As of now, it is little more than name-calling. Also, I have to ask, are you familiar with any of their work beyond this diss track?


I don't see the point. Me further elaborating on why I don't like a thing you like likely won't make you like it any less, nor do I actually care if you like it or not. What I said constitutes my feelings on the matter; if, based upon your own feelings on the artist, you would like to take the words as simply insults, so be it. My only contention was that both are technically artists, neither "truer" than the other, despite my personal lack of respect for either.


Thats fine, but at the end of the day, you are leaving us with a pile of empty insults instead of an actually well put together argument about why you think that this artist is poor. That's obviously up to you, but it doesn't leave much room for discussion. It has nothing to do with my feelings about the artist, it is the fact that you presented a conclusion without the supporting evidence to back that conclusion.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.