First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply NINE YEARS AGO Al Gore Predicted North Pole Would Be Completely Ice Free by Today
11403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/17
I also remember when my mother died 10 years ago, and I cried so hard that I passed out
43738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Houston, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/29/17
In the mid 1970's researchers/scientist wanted to spread ash over the arctic to stop global cooling and the coming ice age

Most "predictions" made in the 1980's and 1990's said half the eastern seaboard would also be gone by now

Every decade since the 1950's "News articles" get printed about "peak" oil
150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / wherever
Offline
Posted 12/29/17 , edited 12/29/17

octorockandroll wrote:

And that is part of the reason why people listen to actual scientists when it comes to science and not politiciaHAHAHAHA.

I'm sorry, I couldn't even say that with a straight face.


oh i wonder who said this, hmm

"Having no career in mathematics makes you trustworthy with math related analysis if what you say fits my agenda! Stop listening to fake news and agree with this CNN news reporter with no maths history!" - octorocknroll

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-1009149/roy-moore-sued-to-block-election-loss?pg=5

198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M / Cold side of the...
Offline
Posted 12/30/17

kinga750 wrote:

I don't know about everything else, but we can agree on this much: I am also disappointed that Florida hasn't sunk yet.


Banned
22807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 12/30/17
I remember when trump predicted that if elected he would be way to busy to play golf. Wow got that one wrong
qwueri 
22818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Online
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17
Prediction models are at best an extrapolation of current data trends, and don't take into account future developments and improvements. The global community has been cutting down on carbon emission rates among other things. Which may mean that humanity was able to slow the projected rate, or the climate models Gore was citing at the time were off.

Either way, the polar ice caps continue to decline.
https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/nasa-study-shows-global-sea-ice-diminishing-despite-antarctic-gains
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2017/sea-ice-extent-sinks-to-record-lows-at-both-poles
Sea levels continue to rise.
https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html
And human activity continues to pose a risk to increasing the severity of tropical storms over the next century.
https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warming-and-hurricanes/

Personally I find trying to find ways to subvert the trends scientists predicted years ago preferable to blindly walking off the cliff that is global warming. Trying to point to a couple of climate models an ex-politician cited that didn't pan out to claim that anthropomorphic climate change is a hoax is patently absurd.
77409 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 12/30/17

qwueri wrote:

Prediction models are at best an extrapolation of current data trends, and don't take into account future developments and improvements. The global community has been cutting down on carbon emission rates among other things. Which may mean that humanity was able to slow the projected rate, or the climate models Gore was citing at the time were off.

Either way, the polar ice caps continue to decline.
https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/nasa-study-shows-global-sea-ice-diminishing-despite-antarctic-gains
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2017/sea-ice-extent-sinks-to-record-lows-at-both-poles
Sea levels continue to rise.
https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html
And human activity continues to pose a risk to increasing the severity of tropical storms over the next century.
https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warming-and-hurricanes/

Personally I find trying to find ways to subvert the trends scientists predicted years ago preferable to blindly walking off the cliff that is global warming. Trying to point to a couple of climate models an ex-politician cited that didn't pan out to claim that anthropomorphic climate change is a hoax is patently absurd.


It's because Al Gore said it.

If Trump had said he'd be going "Na UH the ice is gone"


15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/17
Is this supposed to be some propaganda piece about how global warming is fake? What is the point of this thread?
Banned
22807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 12/30/17

sundin13 wrote:

Is this supposed to be some propaganda piece about how global warming is fake? What is the point of this thread?


It's a Rujikin troll thread do any of them ever have a point?
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/17

uncletim wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

Is this supposed to be some propaganda piece about how global warming is fake? What is the point of this thread?


It's a Rujikin troll thread do any of them ever have a point?


Fair.

I think it is also telling that when you google this topic, a Gateway Pundit article from yesterday features almost the exact same headline. I guess we know where Ruji gets his news.
19848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago,IL
Offline
Posted 12/30/17
I would hear what you would say but you kinda just unverified yourself.
Someone asked how you got to that 80% and you just threw out some excuse not to answer.

That is the low of low's right there.
3903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Online
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 1/4/18
I'm just thankful he demanded a recount, I could only imagine the horrors that would have been president. he was such a bad idea that when Clinton got impeached they allowed the dude to stay in office using the excuse it was so late in the term, implying even they realized the toxic nature to Gore. guess they keep hiding that story about the underground volcanoes under the arctic which is causing the ice to melt... oh wait found one, well until it's deleted of course https://www.iceagenow.info/underwater-volcanoes-melting-arctic-ice-says-geologist/

there are the diehard idiots who believe Gore and his myths on global warming, but, for a few, the data has been concluded to be faked and the truth is coming out that it's cooling not warming. warming is possible but we're not currently in that cycle, the core is cooling at the moment. thus why no one can argue "climate change" for the world will always be in a flux of climate change, we got spring and tornadoes, summer brings tornadoes and hurricanes/cyclones and of course winter brings cold temps and snow... it's just not the climate change they are trying to force people to accept of course.
qwueri 
22818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Online
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 1/4/18

niotabunny wrote:

I'm just thankful he demanded a recount, I could only imagine the horrors that would have been president. he was such a bad idea that when Clinton got impeached they allowed the dude to stay in office using the excuse it was so late in the term, implying even they realized the toxic nature to Gore. guess they keep hiding that story about the underground volcanoes under the arctic which is causing the ice to melt... oh wait found one, well until it's deleted of course https://www.iceagenow.info/underwater-volcanoes-melting-arctic-ice-says-geologist/

there are the diehard idiots who believe Gore and his myths on global warming, but, for a few, the data has been concluded to be faked and the truth is coming out that it's cooling not warming. warming is possible but we're not currently in that cycle, the core is cooling at the moment. thus why no one can argue "climate change" for the world will always be in a flux of climate change, we got spring and tornadoes, summer brings tornadoes and hurricanes/cyclones and of course winter brings cold temps and snow... it's just not the climate change they are trying to force people to accept of course.




On the Clinton impeachment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton

The impeachment process of Bill Clinton was initiated by the House of Representatives on December 19, 1998, against Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States, on two charges, one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice.[1] These charges stemmed from a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against Clinton by Paula Jones. Clinton was subsequently acquitted of these charges by the Senate on February 12, 1999.[2] Two other impeachment articles – a second perjury charge and a charge of abuse of power – failed in the House.


And on "core temp" being the primary source of current climate change trends: https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/earth20110309.html

Regardless of the eventual connections to be established between the solid Earth and climate, Dickey said the solid Earth's impacts on climate are still dwarfed by the much larger effects of human-produced greenhouse gases. "The solid Earth plays a role, but the ultimate solution to addressing climate change remains in our hands," she concluded.

Study results were published recently in the Journal of Climate.
22866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/30/17 , edited 12/30/17

kinga750 wrote:

I don't know about everything else, but we can agree on this much: I am also disappointed that Florida hasn't sunk yet.


But without Florida we wouldn't have the adventures of Florida man! https://www.reddit.com/r/FloridaMan/

And old people would have to retire somewhere else.
13776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 12/30/17
global warming is fake. sure, California suffered from record high temperatures, and yes, we did have the worst wildfire in California history. but hey, some politician made an error in a prediction in a movie intended to dramatize the effect of global warming. clearly, this means global warming must be fake. i have a paper certificate in math and can prove it's fake using proof by infinite recursion.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.