First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply China bans domestic ivory trade
9750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Enemy Territory
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18
2824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18
That's nice. So how effective is this actually expected to be?
23344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18
Good :D


Mishio1 wrote:

That's nice. So how effective is this actually expected to be?


Skyrockets the price of ivory but may decrease demand if Chinese officials actually support it. So if they enforce it then it will decrease demand for it.
2824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18

Rujikin wrote:

Good :D


Mishio1 wrote:

That's nice. So how effective is this actually expected to be?


Skyrockets the price of ivory but may decrease demand if Chinese officials actually support it. So if they enforce it then it will decrease demand for it.


Let me rephrase my question. Do they actually intend to seriously enforce/support the ban, or is it just a publicity stunt?
-OlE- 
1735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Nebraska
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18

Mishio1 wrote:



Let me rephrase my question. Do they actually intend to seriously enforce/support the ban, or is it just a publicity stunt?


doubt it. china has plenty of laws they just don't necessarily enforce them lmao. Unless enforcing the ban gets them something they want they will most likely turn a blind eye imo
12147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18

-OlE- wrote:


Mishio1 wrote:



Let me rephrase my question. Do they actually intend to seriously enforce/support the ban, or is it just a publicity stunt?


doubt it. china has plenty of laws they just don't necessarily enforce them lmao. Unless enforcing the ban gets them something they want they will most likely turn a blind eye imo


Sad to say but this is pretty accurate. I mean, China doesn't even give much support to human rights, so I wouldn't expect them to hold animal rights in high regard.
9750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Enemy Territory
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18

Mishio1 wrote:

That's nice. So how effective is this actually expected to be?


If it’s enforced to any significant degree, it should help a lot. Ivory trafficking wouldn’t be nearly as big of a problem with the two largest markets closed off.
790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
99
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18
They are going to enforce it as well as they enforce that ban on illegal human organ trafficking
73684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18
Much needed seeing that the elephant population has been on the decline, and all for the sake of something that's merely used for decorations.
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18
on other news.. China is cracking down on piracy and corruption.... It is very good. Let's all move to China.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-04-09/china-cracking-down-both-corrupt-officials-and-anti-corruption-activists
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-30808665


23344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18

Mishio1 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Good :D


Mishio1 wrote:

That's nice. So how effective is this actually expected to be?


Skyrockets the price of ivory but may decrease demand if Chinese officials actually support it. So if they enforce it then it will decrease demand for it.


Let me rephrase my question. Do they actually intend to seriously enforce/support the ban, or is it just a publicity stunt?


Thats a very good question. They are communists so everything they say has a public and a private position.

Roll a dice to figure out the answer? Only time will truly tell.
5334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/1/18
that's good, it's only as effective as reporting and bringing to attention, but at least it's a start. I believe other countries do/might have laws regarding such a thing, but it's not enforced or something because so many elephants still die for their tusk (ivory). it's like sharks dying only for their fin, and I've heard shark fin soup isn't all that great. so, it'd be nice to ban the killings of animals that have no other purpose than one or two body parts.
runec 
40556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/2/18
I fully expect China to do fark and all about the ivory trade no matter what they say. Killing a variety of exotic and endangered wildlife for decoration and/or penis enhancement is kind of a central feature of the country.
29084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/1/18 , edited 1/2/18
Great news.
37884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/2/18 , edited 1/3/18
Damn. Now what am I supposed to do with all these dead elephants?
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.