First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply The Day After Tomorrow...
3527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/3/18
I'll add this movie to the list-- along with 2012. I'm in the mood for some disaster movies now. Sand Andreas too ?



qwueri 
21963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 1/3/18
Maybe just watch the news the next few days with the incoming "Bomb cyclone".
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/03/us/cold-weather-arctic-outbreak/index.html
28414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/18

runec wrote:


MysticGon wrote:
The real cause of global warming is Roland Enmerich releasing his steaming pile of shit movies.


The Day After Tomorrow is, sadly enough, probably the best one of his World Blows Up movies. Not that that is saying much.

The unofficial remake, 2012, was completely absurd. It was pretty much just Gaia trying to specifically kill John Cusack for 2 hours. If any of the other characters had wised up and choked him to death they could have saved the world. -.-







It isn't though. That hack surprisingly directed Independence Day.
runec 
37215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/3/18 , edited 1/3/18

MysticGon wrote:
It isn't though. That hack surprisingly directed Independence Day.


I wasn't counting that one as he mainly just blows up national monuments and he wasn't trying to make any sort of statement. Whereas he actually made Day After Tomorrow as a cautionary tale and political commentary. We're suppose to take it seriously. >.>









3381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 1/3/18

MysticGon wrote:

The real cause of global warming is Roland Enmerich releasing his steaming pile of shit movies.


I'm not the type to quote, but oh my gosh yes. if this dude and others stop releasing crap movies, then there'd even be less greenhouse gases as we stop farting out horrible nightmares we call movies these days.
zXr666 
2764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Interwebs
Offline
Posted 1/3/18
I never said the end of the world is here and was happening, my responses clarify that this is just one of those blatant things people will downsize or ignore because it is not to the extreme the movie depicted. I also stated it may not be this winter or next winter, its just the tip of the iceberg as it were and is continually getting worse and will continue to get worse.

Its no small truth that we learn from our mistakes and our own history, in fact we learn from it so well we end up repeating it making vastly different mistakes, refining how terrible we can make our new history by exploiting the very history we learn from. At this pace its only a matter of a few hundred years, should we last that long as a species, before our ability to repeat history becomes defunct.
34930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 1/4/18

zXr666 wrote:

Scientists warn about the effects of global warming and are ultimately dismissed by the government.

Stop saying things like your vote doesn't matter, and pick politicians that don't think climate change is a YUUUUGE hoax.
48500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 1/4/18

mxdan wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

During the birth of our nation snow was a regular occurance in DC. So are we now going from global warming panic to global cooling panic? I member when it was said we were going into another ice age in the 70's then it switched to global warming. Is global cooling the in-fad now?

Or is any change in anything proof humans are causing climate change so the "scientists" are right no matter what happens.

P.S. There is a volcanic island off the coast of Africa which is very unstable. Geologists are worried that a volcanic explosion would rupture a large part of the volcano and island causing it to sink into the ocean and form a giant unstoppable tidal wave that would hit the entire eastern coast of the united states. So there is something to worry about.


https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earthtalks-global-warming-harsher-winter/
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/07/global-warming-arctic-colder-winters-climate-change-spd/
https://insideclimatenews.org/news/31082015/yes-warming-arctic-means-cold-winters-elsewhere-boston-us-asia

The only link you need really is below this point: It shows how a polar vortex from melting polar caps destabilizes and effects other regions. It was published in 2014 fyi.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2757831/Is-global-warming-causing-COLDER-winters-Melting-ice-destabilising-polar-vortex-study-claims.html



Just a place-marker because I said to myself, "boy I bet this post gets ignored and no constructive response will be given."


qwueri wrote:

Maybe just watch the news the next few days with the incoming "Bomb cyclone".
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/03/us/cold-weather-arctic-outbreak/index.html


Want to include this one for reference as well ^^
qwueri 
21963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 1/4/18
Seems like Boston is doing a pretty good impression of Day After Tomorrow right now, with surging flood waters bringing in chunks of ice amid blizzard conditions.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/04/bomb-cyclone-triggers-boston-flooding-panic-high-tides-trapping-drivers.html
mxdan 
11420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/5/18 , edited 1/5/18

rawratl wrote:


mxdan wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

During the birth of our nation snow was a regular occurance in DC. So are we now going from global warming panic to global cooling panic? I member when it was said we were going into another ice age in the 70's then it switched to global warming. Is global cooling the in-fad now?

Or is any change in anything proof humans are causing climate change so the "scientists" are right no matter what happens.

P.S. There is a volcanic island off the coast of Africa which is very unstable. Geologists are worried that a volcanic explosion would rupture a large part of the volcano and island causing it to sink into the ocean and form a giant unstoppable tidal wave that would hit the entire eastern coast of the united states. So there is something to worry about.


https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earthtalks-global-warming-harsher-winter/
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/07/global-warming-arctic-colder-winters-climate-change-spd/
https://insideclimatenews.org/news/31082015/yes-warming-arctic-means-cold-winters-elsewhere-boston-us-asia

The only link you need really is below this point: It shows how a polar vortex from melting polar caps destabilizes and effects other regions. It was published in 2014 fyi.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2757831/Is-global-warming-causing-COLDER-winters-Melting-ice-destabilising-polar-vortex-study-claims.html



Just a place-marker because I said to myself, "boy I bet this post gets ignored and no constructive response will be given."



Haha, I'm sad to admit but I've become used to it to >_>.

With that said it's pretty perplexing to me how someone can push a narrative so forcefully without a minimal understanding of environmental science. Most global warming opponents don't even seem to understand the difference between climate and weather... Any other field of science and we would call someone crazy for the same forcefulness, but because it's a trigger word for the right suddenly it's not taken seriously.

If you needed definitive evidence of how the Republican party has become an arm for corporatism instead of the people this is it.
77273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/6/18
Wait what? there's a NEW "day after tomorrow"? I thought "day after tomorrow" was an 80s nuclear apocalypse and aftermath movie.
9204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 1/6/18

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Wait what? there's a NEW "day after tomorrow"? I thought "day after tomorrow" was an 80s nuclear apocalypse and aftermath movie.


Not really "new." It came out in 2004.
77273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/6/18

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Wait what? there's a NEW "day after tomorrow"? I thought "day after tomorrow" was an 80s nuclear apocalypse and aftermath movie.


Not really "new." It came out in 2004.


Given that the one I'm thinking about came out in 1980 it's new.


8653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / a pop tart
Offline
Posted 1/7/18 , edited 1/7/18
That nuclear apocalypse movie you're talking about is this.


And it's amazing.
13560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 1/7/18 , edited 1/7/18

runec wrote:


MysticGon wrote:
It isn't though. That hack surprisingly directed Independence Day.


I wasn't counting that one as he mainly just blows up national monuments and he wasn't trying to make any sort of statement. Whereas he actually made Day After Tomorrow as a cautionary tale and political commentary. We're suppose to take it seriously. >.>

well, the day after tomorrow does point to an inconvenient truth in regards to man-made pollution and global wobbling warming that certain greedy, lying tards still deny and pretend that everything's cool.

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.