First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply The Ryuo's Work is Never Done! Discussion
26811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 1/29/18 , edited 2/5/18
Next time: Blue Ai's White Dragon vs. Red Ai's Red Dragon
2952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 1/29/18 , edited 1/29/18

animecrazy14 wrote:

I actually really like other Ai (idk her last name). She's a fun character, and I'm looking forward to seeing her grow.
Also I have no idea why she's doing this but it looks really cool (maybe I just wasn't paying attention lol)







Looks like something a chuunibyou character would do.
21217 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 1/29/18 , edited 1/29/18
New Chuuni loli is a fun character.

The loli harem grows and now there is a loli waifu.

Not sure the angle they are going at there other than for comedy and cuteness, but the shogi itself is pretty neat.
xxJing 
41816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 1/29/18 , edited 1/29/18

HOOfan_1 wrote:


animecrazy14 wrote:

I actually really like other Ai (idk her last name). She's a fun character, and I'm looking forward to seeing her grow.
Also I have no idea why she's doing this but it looks really cool (maybe I just wasn't paying attention lol)







Looks like something a chuunibyou character would do.



jcal94 
20784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Central Illinois
Online
Posted 1/29/18 , edited 1/29/18

Swaggercandy wrote:

Next time: Blue Ai's White Dragon vs. Red Ai's Red Dragon


Will Yaichi have to play his trap card "Loli Engagement" to get out of this mess? Hopefully he has enough set on the field! He already used one... He better have some god-tier deck pulls
15666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / El Mirage, AZ
Online
Posted 1/30/18 , edited 1/30/18
When the grandfather was talking to ryou about ai i swear that the music playing was from higurashi no naku koro ni' s soundtrack
17275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/30/18 , edited 1/30/18

goku8399 wrote:

When the grandfather was talking to ryou about ai i swear that the music playing was from higurashi no naku koro ni' s soundtrack


I'm not familiar with that series, so I can't compare. However, over the years, I've spotted several series that appear to make use of library music and effects to flesh out their soundtrack. With library music someone else is bound to use the same track at some point.

Alternatively, it could be the same composer was involved. For example, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle sounds very similar in places to Elemental Gelade as they were both produced in the same year with the same composer.

Looking at the Wikipedia article for Higurashi it appears to be the first explanation. The game was created by an independent developer rather than a corporation and they relied on a lot of licence-free songs. The anime adaptation probably did the same to maintain a consistent style.
15666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / El Mirage, AZ
Online
Posted 1/30/18 , edited 1/30/18

MidoriNoTora wrote:


goku8399 wrote:

When the grandfather was talking to ryou about ai i swear that the music playing was from higurashi no naku koro ni' s soundtrack


I'm not familiar with that series, so I can't compare. However, over the years, I've spotted several series that appear to make use of library music and effects to flesh out their soundtrack. With library music someone else is bound to use the same track at some point.

Alternatively, it could be the same composer was involved. For example, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle sounds very similar in places to Elemental Gelade as they were both produced in the same year with the same composer.

Looking at the Wikipedia article for Higurashi it appears to be the first explanation. The game was created by an independent developer rather than a corporation and they relied on a lot of licence-free songs. The anime adaptation probably did the same to maintain a consistent style.

Thanks for that. Now I have to watch Elemental Gelade again just so i can listen for those similarities
20559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Online
Posted 1/30/18 , edited 1/30/18
Damn Kuzuryu you get two Ai?

45424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 1/30/18 , edited 1/30/18
The Ryuo's Work is Never Done! (Ryuo no Oshigoto! ) EP 4“The other Ai”

They really upped the situations in this EP

Yaichi is asked by the Blind President of the Shogi league ( He' an eternal Mejin ) to take on another disciple / Ai Yashajin 9 YRS old 4 th grade . He visits at her grandfather's sprawling property with all kind of guards but Kouten Yashajin sems respectful . He meets Ai who has a wild rude personality but plays honestly Yaichi qwuicly knows she has good basics but may not be good in the end game or in a bind which he does But Ai completly resets her defense forcing Yaichi to play longer but still wins she is mad crying and runs away

Kouten explains she lost both her parents / wont let anyone get close to her and lives for Shogi as the family played a lot together

When Yaichi gets home it was suppose to be Keika watching Ai whi is crying because Sora's match ended in 2 minutes and wasnt happy and wanted to play more but since Yaichi wasnt there She beat Ai

Sora says Ai is getting Weaker that is when he decicded to teach the other Ai so she has a regular rival



Yaichi brings Ai#2 her guardian Akira to play Shogi in Osaka at the clubs . He has play one of the free players ( that are bored / too good )

The player is good faling mistakes when it's a good move but she loses 5 times It's her first time playing outside her home

Yaichi tells her I cant teach you basics / you need to play more

When Yaichi gets home Ai # 1 has her classmates there and Charlotte wants to be his disciple. He says no but can be a bride ( just jokingly ) which upsets Ai #1

Later the Ai # 2ctrio is back at the Shogi cafe when a player comes in wearing a pinl leopard print outfit which kinda disdtracts Ai

Yaichi takes Ai # 2 during the weekends and tries to spend time with Ai # 1 who thinks Yaichi is not always around but hiding something

Ai # is upset at school so her classmates take out to A shogi club ( oops,,,!)

Yaichi is with Ai # 2 at an empty cafe and gets her to open up about her Parents her father was an amatuer master

Yaichi shows her to handle the pieces like a pro when in walks Ai #1 / classmates more .... oops !

BONUS PIC Ai #'s 2 / 1

12050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The outer atmoshe...
Offline
Posted 1/30/18 , edited 1/30/18
And in the episode where we meet the blind shogi master, Yaichi gains a pair of Ai's. I can't help but feel that's kind of messed up...

Also 'Kuzu-sensei' got a chuckle out of me. You gotta love clever half-insults.
72983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 2/5/18 , edited 2/5/18
Episode 5

The two Ais have met, and Hinamatsuri runs away after seeing Yaichi with Yashajin. Ginko wins her way to the top, and Yashajin is taking the shogi exam. After being Keika and blocking her path to becoming a pro, the two AIs square off against each other. After an intense match showing that those two are natural rivals, it's Yashajin who emerges victorious and had Ai not overlooked something so critical, she would have won. So with that, Yaichi's family grows with Yashajin now under his wing. Yashajin really showed how much of a force she's to be reckoned with and that's humility that Ai needs to learn how to deal with.
239500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 2/5/18 , edited 2/5/18
Welp, shes got that look of yandere/jealousy



Yashajin and Ai are like total opposites, even by their playing style. Oh and Yaichi is dense as a black hole!
20559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Online
Posted 2/5/18 , edited 2/5/18
It was the battle of the Ais and Ai was the victor

27405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Tokyo, Japan
Offline
Posted 2/5/18 , edited 2/5/18
The first episode of this series where I actually thought that the main character was creepy as hell....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.