First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Kentucky School Shooting
3829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 1/23/18 , edited 1/23/18
Another school shooting. We don't have alot of information at the moment.

**update**

15-Year-Old Student Responsible For Kentucky School Shooting | NBC News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zGaWsjo2GA




I don't think many school have the "clear backpack" policy like the old school i was at. Every student will have to use these backpacks when they are on the school ground. It's not 100% effective but it's something....


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/23/us/kentucky-school-shooting.html
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-kentucky-high-school-shooting-20180123-story.html
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/01/23/governor-one-dead-others-wounded-kentucky-school-shooting/1057149001/
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wounded-shooting-kentucky-high-school-suspect-custody/story?id=52549343
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/23/kentucky-high-school-shooting-leaves-at-least-one-dead-and-multiple-wounded-officials-say.html








runec 
39522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/23/18 , edited 1/24/18
Sigh.

Reset the clock.
13732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/23/18 , edited 1/24/18
Dang Kentucky be wildin
22857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Online
Posted 1/23/18 , edited 1/24/18
depressing
23182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 1/23/18 , edited 1/24/18
Great... Another shooting at yet another gun free zone. When will people learn....





Also wtf is up with the clear backpacks are we talking about schools or prisons?
709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 1/24/18 , edited 1/24/18

Rujikin wrote:

Great... Another shooting at yet another gun free zone. When will people learn....



Also wtf is up with the clear backpacks are we talking about schools or prisons?


I don't see how the outcome would have been any different if the school was a pro gun zone.
12021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 1/24/18 , edited 1/24/18
Dont jump to conclusions now! annnnnnnnnnnnnd he's white.... (i didnt read it but iam assuming so lol)
qwueri 
23760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 1/24/18 , edited 1/24/18

Rujikin wrote:

Great... Another shooting at yet another gun free zone. When will people learn....



Clearly the only way to stop a bad kid with a gun is a good kid with a gun, amirite?

In all seriousness, schools have resource officers for just such instances.
9729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 1/24/18 , edited 1/24/18

MrAnimeSK wrote:

Dont jump to conclusions now! annnnnnnnnnnnnd he's white.... (i didnt read it but iam assuming so lol)


Don't even go to the youtube comment section. I wasn't even surprised at what I saw.
mxdan 
11833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/24/18 , edited 1/24/18

qwueri wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Great... Another shooting at yet another gun free zone. When will people learn....



Clearly the only way to stop a bad kid with a gun is a good kid with a gun, amirite?


You joke, but that isn't far off from what he believes essentially. Never mind the fact that deterrence and a person with a concealed weapon stopping an aggressor rarely seem to ever happen.
22857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Online
Posted 1/24/18 , edited 1/24/18
Humms 
12891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Online
Posted 1/24/18 , edited 1/24/18




That's like the darkest shit ever, I love it

(I mean ya it's terrible, but all you can do is laugh, because people lives are expendable in the wake of terror, and greed will find a way, it always does. What are we going to do to stop it? Sign a piece of paper? )
23182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 1/24/18 , edited 1/24/18

mxdan wrote:


qwueri wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Great... Another shooting at yet another gun free zone. When will people learn....



Clearly the only way to stop a bad kid with a gun is a good kid with a gun, amirite?


You joke, but that isn't far off from what he believes essentially. Never mind the fact that deterrence and a person with a concealed weapon stopping an aggressor rarely seem to ever happen.


You say this while ignoring the infograph I just posted proving that armed citizens have stopped and/or slowed down mass shootings *sigh*. Hows that job at propaganda agency working for you.

Train and arm teachers. Give them a choice between an actual gun or a beanbag cannon (it fires bean bags with tons of force knocking people back and possibly breaking ribs not not puncturing the skin). Remove all gun-free signs and put up a "teachers are armed and trained" sign. People will think twice before trying anything there.

Imagine you have 2 banks:

1st Bank has a "gun free zone" and bans any violence within the premises.

2nd Bank has a "staff is armed and trained" sign.

1st bank will get robbed more frequently than 2nd bank because robbers and most people value their lives so they take the easy/safe target.



Why does the NRA and Uncle Sam not have a gun? Too unrealistic.
709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 1/24/18 , edited 1/24/18

Rujikin wrote:


mxdan wrote:


qwueri wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Great... Another shooting at yet another gun free zone. When will people learn....



Clearly the only way to stop a bad kid with a gun is a good kid with a gun, amirite?


You joke, but that isn't far off from what he believes essentially. Never mind the fact that deterrence and a person with a concealed weapon stopping an aggressor rarely seem to ever happen.


You say this while ignoring the infograph I just posted proving that armed citizens have stopped and/or slowed down mass shootings *sigh*. Hows that job at propaganda agency working for you.

Train and arm teachers. Give them a choice between an actual gun or a beanbag cannon (it fires bean bags with tons of force knocking people back and possibly breaking ribs not not puncturing the skin). Remove all gun-free signs and put up a "teachers are armed and trained" sign. People will think twice before trying anything there.

Imagine you have 2 banks:

1st Bank has a "gun free zone" and bans any violence within the premises.

2nd Bank has a "staff is armed and trained" sign.

1st bank will get robbed more frequently than 2nd bank because robbers and most people value their lives so they take the easy/safe target.



Your own infograph is propaganda as it comes from a bias right wing think tank.

So where are you going to get the funds to train theses teachers? Even as the wealthiest country in the world, we still struggle to find the funds to ensure students get a proper education in many districts. Why are we the only developed country in the world that has gotten to the point where we have people thinking that we need a armed militia of teachers to protect the students?

Your bank analogy doesn't really work when many of theses shooters already plan to die by cop,or suicide after shooting up the place. You're also assuming that majority of theses shooters intentionally target gun free zones when in reality most of them have some sort of connection to that place.

4660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 1/24/18 , edited 1/24/18
the only problem with clear backpacks, females and their "problems" but otherwise they do block some threat. you can still hide things, but guns are harder to hide, such as being on the person instead of in the backpack. there's also the "crate" method, where, troubled schools they aren't allowed backpacks, everything they own is tucked away in a crate, and they have to walk threw metal detectors every day. I believe it's like that for heavy crime schools, in a way there's nothing wrong with metal detectors in all schools, including uniforms (with shoes) and the likes. if more looked a like, perhaps there would be less bullying. however, poor victims, who knows what pushed the villain, perhaps they were a victim for too long and couldn't take it. either way, prayers all around.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.