First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Monster Hunter World Discussion
15855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/28/18
You move through the ranks a lot faster than previous games. It's very easy to get left behind in armor and weapon strength.
9572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/28/18

gornotck wrote:

Don't overdo it though. Je suis monte is a terrible thing for groups.


Yeah it really doesn't do much damage until the final portion. The only thing I use it for is to knock down.
15855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/28/18

retrometroid wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Don't overdo it though. Je suis monte is a terrible thing for groups.


Yeah it really doesn't do much damage until the final portion. The only thing I use it for is to knock down.


Lance can also mount by jumping, it's just a bit more complicated. If you are in a group, mounting prevents the monster from attacking, so your team can get in "free" damage, and then more during the stun phase.
9572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/28/18

gornotck wrote:


retrometroid wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Don't overdo it though. Je suis monte is a terrible thing for groups.


Yeah it really doesn't do much damage until the final portion. The only thing I use it for is to knock down.


Lance can also mount by jumping, it's just a bit more complicated. If you are in a group, mounting prevents the monster from attacking, so your team can get in "free" damage, and then more during the stun phase.


I'm not a huge fan of the lance thus far, I've tried it a few times in this and Gen but never liked it either time. People say it has really good mobility but i just don't see it honestly.
15855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/28/18

retrometroid wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of the lance thus far, I've tried it a few times in this and Gen but never liked it either time. People say it has really good mobility but i just don't see it honestly.


Eh. I've never been great at 'evade lancing' myself, but I did (Guard) Lance against Pukei-Pukei's first urgent, and just guarded and poked him to death. Only real damage I took was when I stopped guarding for whatever reason and got poisoned. Cut off his tail, too.

Did insect glaive against Barroth when they introduce you to Wildspire Wastes. Was entirely unprepared. Fortunately, the defense and affinity essences are on the easiest parts of him to hit. Insect glaive is just a bit too tempting, much like charge blade.
37095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 1/28/18
I'm still experimenting which weapons I enjoy. Love forging and upgrading weapons and armor, but I really need to do some exploring for the items to make it. My biggest issue so far is how to play co-op with friends. Even though we are on the same quest, I can't join. From what I'm reading, and if I understood it right. We would need to start our quests, and get past the cutscene, and when the SOS flair appears on screen. I could then back out of my quest, and then join my friend's quest.
79560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 1/29/18

SilentDrifter wrote:
From what I'm reading, and if I understood it right. We would need to start our quests, and get past the cutscene, and when the SOS flair appears on screen. I could then back out of my quest, and then join my friend's quest.



Yes, that is only for the story (Assigned) quests you haven't done. If one of you has already done the quest, you can just wait for the other's SoS after the last cutscene of the mission has played.

For any other types quests you can join normally before the mission starts. If you make a squad and create a squad session, joining will be a lot simpler since there won't be other missions on the board. While doing so, you can still send SOSs to get other players to join since they are not tied your session.
9572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/29/18
^FWIW, most Low Rank stuff (meaning the story) isn't really worth cooping. It's the High Rank stuff you wanna coop from what I understand.
15855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/29/18
Doing co-op at Low Rank might be a good way to get new gear real fast, though. It gets frustrating when you have to chase down a monster five or eight times.
1309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/30/18

gornotck wrote:

Doing co-op at Low Rank might be a good way to get new gear real fast, though. It gets frustrating when you have to chase down a monster five or eight times.


Just you wait until you have to start getting Wyvern/Wyvern Bird Gems.
That's when you'll have to take down the same monster 20-30 times to collect one gem.
Co-Op on Low Rank missions (HR1-20) is worth it if you're hunting down drops for your equipment but not worth it for getting Armor Orbs.
15855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/30/18

Cydoemus wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Doing co-op at Low Rank might be a good way to get new gear real fast, though. It gets frustrating when you have to chase down a monster five or eight times.


Just you wait until you have to start getting Wyvern/Wyvern Bird Gems.
That's when you'll have to take down the same monster 20-30 times to collect one gem.
Co-Op on Low Rank missions (HR1-20) is worth it if you're hunting down drops for your equipment but not worth it for getting Armor Orbs.


I had meant that kind of literally. Monsters retreat a lot during a fight.

I had never gotten up to high rank, but after defeating Anjanath, they admitted that there are 'plates' you can carve with incredibly low drop rates. So no worries. The desire sensor is running full blast still.
24036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/30/18
I have been playing a few hours everyday since it came out, but my weekend is finally here and I'll be able to play for 3 days straight!! I've been rocking insect glaive and bow, but my boyfriend and his brother have started playing with me as well so I was thinking of going support when I'm in multiplayer.

TBH, the best part of the game for me is the graphics. All the landscapes are so beautiful and even when I'm lost in a random cave it just looks so good that I don't even care lol. The worst part tho is when you're about to kill a monster and something else swoops in and kills it instead and you have to start your quest all over =A=

Also, there's a ton of cute armor in the game!! I'm totally digging the Legania set, but I'm looking at the mats for high rank armor and it looks like a huge pain...=A=
9572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/31/18
Killed a Tobi-Kadachi earlier. His armor is very nice. I think he might be my next vic- er, target for a while.
15855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/31/18 , edited 1/31/18
Tobi-Kodachi's Palico equipment is... obnoxiously adorable. Except the weapon.

Not really sure how much I'm missing out by playing this solo, but the PSN seems to go down all the time.
79560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 1/31/18

gornotck wrote:

Tobi-Kodachi's Palico equipment is... obnoxiously adorable. Except the weapon.

Not really sure how much I'm missing out by playing this solo, but the PSN seems to go down all the time.


The main advantage of playing solo (besides having a better understanding of the monster patterns) is that you will earn money at a much faster pace since the reward money is divided among all players.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.