Remove this ad
First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
Laws regulating fat people
14755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 12/23/10
LOL, bout fucking time! I mean, we frown upon people that smoke AND drink because its unhealthy right? Well, being a fatty is ALSO unhealthy, so why not? I mean we DO put so many limitations on smoking and drinking(ex: designated smoke areas, no drinking under the influence) and the penalties for breaking said rules are astronomical. Take this for example, we've all seen it, a person telling another person to not smoke or drink because its unhealthy right. So why cant we tell a fat fuck to NOT eat that Big Mac because its unhealthy as shit? Fuck it, by all means they should start putting some of those laws into place, LOL
67647 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 12/23/10 , edited 12/23/10

Decrepify wrote:

LOL, bout fucking time! I mean, we frown upon people that smoke AND drink because its unhealthy right? Well, being a fatty is ALSO unhealthy, so why not? I mean we DO put so many limitations on smoking and drinking(ex: designated smoke areas, no drinking under the influence) and the penalties for breaking said rules are astronomical. Take this for example, we've all seen it, a person telling another person to not smoke or drink because its unhealthy right. So why cant we tell a fat fuck to NOT eat that Big Mac because its unhealthy as shit? Fuck it, by all means they should start putting some of those laws into place, LOL


Quite simply. because, unlike drunk driving or second hand smoke. 'It's your own funeral'

The laws against public smoking are in place because of second hand smoke which harms the people around the smoker far more than the smoker's habit harms him or her. There may also be laws (depending on which political unit we are speaking about) that restrict those who profit off of smokers. Ie laws that limit when, where and what you can say in an advertisement or laws that limit the overall toxicity of poisonous substances you can put in the cigarettes (or other tobacco product) that you sell.

Laws regarding drinking and driving has got nothing to do with how much damage some fucking drunk is doing to his liver. it's to prevent that sorry jerk from killing a whole bunch of innocent people when he inevitably wrecks his car. (AND his surroundings) As a former ambulance driver who has seen blood up to the rocker panels, I can tell you that it always seems to be the drunk who get's away without personal injury after he's 'accidentally' slaughtered a family or two.

Fat, and unhealthy food choices do not harm others in such a fashion. As for telling people they're unhealthy... It's obvious you've never been around a fat person they receive the sort of shit you're spewing all the time. Most fat people get exposed to a litany of insults and condescending 'advice' on a regular basis saying that we need to abuse them more just because smokers and drinkers also get their share of such harassment is biased at best.

Says this 'Fat Fuck': Fuck YOU

(edited for grammar and spelling and a bit of calm clarity. Epithets left in situ as I do not intend to use the 'edit' feature to pretend I didn't say something.)
Posted 12/23/10

Decrepify wrote:

LOL, bout fucking time! I mean, we frown upon people that smoke AND drink because its unhealthy right? Well, being a fatty is ALSO unhealthy, so why not? I mean we DO put so many limitations on smoking and drinking(ex: designated smoke areas, no drinking under the influence) and the penalties for breaking said rules are astronomical. Take this for example, we've all seen it, a person telling another person to not smoke or drink because its unhealthy right. So why cant we tell a fat fuck to NOT eat that Big Mac because its unhealthy as shit? Fuck it, by all means they should start putting some of those laws into place, LOL
Because you're criminalizing/blaming the wrong people with your unrealistic discrimination and immature bigotry, you unsophisticated military heck.

The fact is unhealthy lifestyle choices are being socialized as a part of the urban lifestyle, so when you don't see as much advertisements on mass medias for smoking nor drinking as before, the sensible thing to do is thereby far more complicated than you would think.
14755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 12/23/10

DomFortress wrote:


Decrepify wrote:

LOL, bout fucking time! I mean, we frown upon people that smoke AND drink because its unhealthy right? Well, being a fatty is ALSO unhealthy, so why not? I mean we DO put so many limitations on smoking and drinking(ex: designated smoke areas, no drinking under the influence) and the penalties for breaking said rules are astronomical. Take this for example, we've all seen it, a person telling another person to not smoke or drink because its unhealthy right. So why cant we tell a fat fuck to NOT eat that Big Mac because its unhealthy as shit? Fuck it, by all means they should start putting some of those laws into place, LOL
Because you're criminalizing/blaming the wrong people with your unrealistic discrimination and immature bigotry, you unsophisticated military heck.

The fact is unhealthy lifestyle choices are being socialized as a part of the urban lifestyle, so when you don't see as much advertisements on mass medias for smoking nor drinking as before, the sensible thing to do is thereby far more complicated than you would think.


geez, so i guess because i use simple words to get my point across makes me unsophisticated, but you know what, that's fine, fuck it right, as long as i go out there to the field to do my thing so that you can go eat a big mac, its all good right?
lol...
Posted 12/23/10

Decrepify wrote:


DomFortress wrote:

Because you're criminalizing/blaming the wrong people with your unrealistic discrimination and immature bigotry, you unsophisticated military heck.

The fact is unhealthy lifestyle choices are being socialized as a part of the urban lifestyle, so when you don't see as much advertisements on mass medias for smoking nor drinking as before, the sensible thing to do is thereby far more complicated than you would think.


geez, so i guess because i use simple words to get my point across makes me unsophisticated, but you know what, that's fine, fuck it right, as long as i go out there to the field to do my thing so that you can go eat a big mac, its all good right?
lol...
No. You're unsophisticated because you don't know your real worth in an authoritarian system that intentionally violates universal human rights and freedom. Which is why I criticized your comment being "unrealistic discrimination and immature bigotry" in the first place. While OTOH you got the concept of freedom all wrong, when unhealthy dieting was the result of public manipulation due to misinformed opinions known as advertisements.
709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Wishing for Jeju...
Offline
Posted 12/23/10
What if we got proactive rather than insult one other? How about a thread somewhere on the forum to encourage those needing to lose weight? A check-in to share eating and exercise successes as well as helping when there is failure? ESPECIALLY when there is such a wealth of knowledge to be shared here!!!! ~smile~ (((((HUGS))))) sandi
Posted 12/23/10

Titus2woman wrote:

What if we got proactive rather than insult one other? How about a thread somewhere on the forum to encourage those needing to lose weight? A check-in to share eating and exercise successes as well as helping when there is failure? ESPECIALLY when there is such a wealth of knowledge to be shared here!!!! ~smile~ (((((HUGS))))) sandi
In that case you should start a new forum topic. And start with these information on sustainable eating.
709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Wishing for Jeju...
Offline
Posted 12/24/10
How sad that encouraging someone to success would be seen as "pampering learned helplessness for obesity". We all have strengths and weaknesses and have ideas to share and help our fellow man, and it is an honor to bless others!

I thought you had to be a paid member to start threads~am I wrong? (((((HUGS)))))) sandi
Posted 12/24/10

Titus2woman wrote:

How sad that encouraging someone to success would be seen as "pampering learned helplessness for obesity". We all have strengths and weaknesses and have ideas to share and help our fellow man, and it is an honor to bless others!

I thought you had to be a paid member to start threads~am I wrong? (((((HUGS)))))) sandi
Regular members can start a thread just by themselves creating one using the button called New Topic on the upper right corner of each forum.

And you need to understand what it means to be someone who encourages others while still being real and honest, because otherwise for the longest time you could be going at it all wrong by yourself not being upfront with others.
709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Wishing for Jeju...
Offline
Posted 12/24/10 , edited 12/24/10
Now that I do get. Without a dose of tough love here-and-there it would just be a wet Band-Aid. I agree with that Rocky schpeal 100%! And I would then follow with this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lJUL724eJOo

I just don't want to lose sight along the way that every person is valuable, and our delivery of the truth can help to make or break a person. (((((HUGS))))) sandi
Posted 12/25/10 , edited 12/25/10

Titus2woman wrote:

Now that I do get. Without a dose of tough love here-and-there it would just be a wet Band-Aid. I agree with that Rocky schpeal 100%! And I would then follow with this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lJUL724eJOo

I just don't want to lose sight along the way that every person is valuable, and our delivery of the truth can help to make or break a person. (((((HUGS))))) sandi
Now don't get me wrong here, I have a background in fitness training, and nutritional knowledge is a wonderful asset to have in my line of interest. That being said your video is exactly what I would consider as an overgeneralized emotional fluff, that didn't have a practical training method nor a clear and distinct plan of progress. It's thereby in every sense of the word itself a "wet Band-Aid", when it didn't address the much needed change in lifestyle with a realistic and objective manner. Running itself is a popular choice, but alone by itself is both inadequate and thereby not the best solution for a well balanced and diversified fitness lifestyle:

The Health Risks of the Marathon

Being able to run 26.2 miles means you're in optimal health, right? Not exactly. We've already identified some of the benefits of long-distance, endurance running, but now we'll delve into the darker side of the marathon.

Marathoners who die training or on the race course usually make headlines because these tragedies seem so unusual -- who could be in better health and less likely to die than a runner? At the age of 52, Jim Fixx, a celebrated runner who wrote "The Complete Book of Running," died in 1984 of arteriosclerosis [source: New York Times]. In this condition, the arteries' walls become clogged and thickened, causing less blood to flow through them. In 2007, 28-year-old Ryan Shay died while competing in the U.S. Olympic marathon trials. His death was attributed to an irregular heartbeat [source: AP].

It's pretty obvious that running affects the heart, but did you know that running can actually increase the size of the heart? Hearts can enlarge when an athlete is engaged in serious physical training. The body compensates for the increased amount of blood it needs to pump throughout the body by increasing the size of the organ where it originates. Enlarged hearts can lead to arrhythmia, or irregular heartbeat, which can, in turn, lead to heart failure. Diagnosis of this condition is tricky -- it's difficult to tell whether an athlete's enlarged heart and its thicker walls are exercise-induced or a sign of hereditary disease [source: Allison].

Another rare but potentially fatal condition is hyponatremia. This occurs when runners drink too much water while racing. Your body loses sodium when you sweat, and drinking too much water depletes your sodium even further because you release it through urination. If you take in too much fluid, your muscles can't coordinate the proper electrical transmissions with your heart, resulting in a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) [source: Galloway interview]. To avoid hyponatremia, it's best to limit your fluid intake to no more than 13 to 27 ounces per hour [source: Galloway interview].

Some marathoners assume that their fitness level absolves them from health problems. This simply isn't the case. Medical examinations can pinpoint the kinds of heart irregularities and risk factors that kill and injure runners. But there are ways to reduce your risk factors, too. Don't assume that you can eat or drink whatever you want because running will burn off the calories -- diets rich in saturated fat can lead to heart problems further down the road.(citation)

You wanna get the hard facts straight? Then keep this in mind that the truth itself is irregardless of what and how you feel, when it's just what it is whether you like it or not.
709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Wishing for Jeju...
Offline
Posted 12/25/10
I am a weight training gal myself and have no desire to ever run a marathon, but that vid still inspires me to do it every day when I don't wanna. BTW~I appreciate you in this discussion!!! I'm not bristling at everything you say~LOL! *THANK YOU, DF!* I did not know that about running, I just know I don't enjoy running. (((((HUGS))))) sandi
Posted 12/25/10 , edited 12/25/10
No but we need to stop increasing portions so much. Just eating a breakfast meal at dennies is like five times larger of a helping than it used to be forty plus years ago. Don't even get me started on the portions/calorie/fat/carbs in fast food. It's complete overkill. Don't regulate fitness, but do your own part in promoting healthier lifestyles and healthier food.
Posted 12/25/10 , edited 12/25/10

Titus2woman wrote:

I am a weight training gal myself and have no desire to ever run a marathon, but that vid still inspires me to do it every day when I don't wanna. BTW~I appreciate you in this discussion!!! I'm not bristling at everything you say~LOL! *THANK YOU, DF!* I did not know that about running, I just know I don't enjoy running. (((((HUGS))))) sandi
Still there's more to it with weight training than just simply lifting heavy objects. Your resistance, repetition, setting, and resting rate are different depending on the particular method of your choice. In order to get the result you want. This is called conditioning.

For example, since my main goal is to maximize metabolism, I choose high intensity workout setting with compound movements, in order for my body to burn a lot more calories than most casual people would. Again, no "wet Band-Aid" here. This is pushing and shocking my metabolic system when I incorporated hydrothermal therapy to speed up my detox process and resting rate. It's all thanks to this level of discipline that I now have a resting heart-rate of 47BPM.

And while I don't run, I box so that I don't miss out on my cardio either.
47028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Prattville, AL
Offline
Posted 1/4/11
Count calories. Be active. Profit.
First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.