First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Welcome!
Papa
618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / The Lone Star Sta...
Offline
Posted 2/20/18 , edited 6/11/18
Hey guys! I'd first off like to welcome you to the group. As you've probably noticed, DITF is growing in popularity very fast. So I decided to jump on the hype train and get a fan group started! I'd also like to thank you for joining, in just 18(ish) days we are already at 130+ members! If we can keep up a steady growth we'll hit the 1000 mark in no time!

So in this forum, I want you guys to tell me about yourself, why you like Darling in the Franxx, and why you joined the group to begin with (other than because you like the show, duh). I'll go ahead and get us started.

So my online name is Sneaki-chan as you see, but everyone usually just calls me Sneaki. Because the full one is weird to say out loud hehe. My real name is Dylan and I am a second-semester freshmen attending Ole Miss (hmu if you go there). In my free time, I'm either playing games or working out. And of course, as you guessed, spending time on here. I've been enjoying Darling in the Franxx so much because of how different it is to your average anime. The characters are quite unique compared to any I've seen in the past, and my love for Zerotwo has got me caught haha. Not to mention when I saw A-1 had something to do with it I knew I couldn't just pass it up. And why I joined the group... Idk I guess I thought it was pretty cool dude. (Sarcastic).

Can't wait to see your responses! Feel free to pm me anytime with questions/concerns! Sneaki out.


APE
830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Germany, Saxony
Offline
Posted 2/20/18 , edited 2/21/18
Hey Guys!

So as you can see in the name im SpeedKomodo. Speed coming from my fascination for cars or anything fast in general. (like giant mechas with rockets strapped to their legs ) The Komodo part comes from the komodo dragon which is kind of my favorite living creature on this planet. Thats why i made that logo a few years ago.

Most people online call me Komodo but in person im called Manuel. Im the casual anime / manga fan with an interest in japanese culture / language. My native language is german so i guess my english can be a bit rough around the edges. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The biggest reason why i joined this group is because i wanted to talk with other people about how i think about this show. The thing that fascinates me the most about DITF is the fact that i can enjoy a fresh new and well written story but still feel reminded of past works by A-1 Pictures and Trigger. This show basically consumes me. If ya know what i mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Im still wondering what will happen if we watch the whole season three times.


Thats it from me for now. Cant wait to read and reply to more on this group!


(if theres no picture under my post then it didnt work again for me. But if there is one then YAY)
Parasite
785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.s N.c state
Offline
Posted 2/21/18 , edited 2/23/18
Hey there sneaki-chan and Speedkomodo!

Thanks for this group Sneaki

My name is Lunis-Drakar but all my friends call me Lunis.

My day to day boring name is Charles i am currently working on my Language and arts studies so that one day i may achieve what i wish to do. that is travel and help the world in some way , if i can help anyone bridge the "gaps" in human and personal understanding and connection through sharing art and language then i feel i could help.

that and spiritual studies of Shinto and ancient rites of japan and how this connects to the other civilizations. Im really into meditation and i would not say i follow any specific path just me and my soul and connection awareness of the universe time space..

also trying my hand at manga artwork lol but will have to be patient and let my skills progress.

anyone else trying to create artwork?

sorry of topic lol

My other interests is cooking and also bodybuilding.
one day i shall hope to train MMA and do some BJJ and Akido .

Ok now for why i was drawn in to DARLING in the FRANXX .

Well it has this different feel than what i have encountered..... sure could say some similarities exist to other series. BUT not to the degree of illustration and exact themes presented...

It may come across as being "just another anime-manga series" about fanservice or same old same old mech anime, but i would ask people to just stay open to it.

the relationships in this anime are all based upon what the "overseers " aka adults implanted in their minds from such indoctrinations.

all is so as i have seen it described before... sterilized and impersonal to any simple human connection or thought concerning each other , be it the adults looking down and controlling every habit or situations that these young people have known for all their life " albiet they try to control" ,,, i see this changing very soon

I am attempting very hard not to make this a long post but there is so much i wish to express about this series.

Zero 2 will show Hiro , and the other Parasites how to fly truly without such restrictions.... they say the slave that sees not the cage they are in will never revolt. thats going out the window quick lol. although Hiro i feel knew this all deep down... i men he is Aware much more than the rest of his squad. he even gave them all names! NAMES! come one people...

anyway also i am in love with this anime for the reasons sated and of course the lovely Zero Two who is like the "devil who is tempting freedom , with knowledge "

that old tale

anyway there is so much more i could say but i shall save it for now that and as you said Sneaki , A-1 is in on the production !

Nice to be in your company Sneaki-Chan and Komodo!

I am working on German also, but will take some more time before we could sprechen Deutsch .
i have written or said things incorrectly many times in a few languages , so its ok Komodo . English is weird anyway.

Long worded but thank you for giving a space for introductions

You guys are awesome!


Parasite
785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.s N.c state
Offline
Posted 2/21/18 , edited 2/21/18
Ah well i forgot to mention i really like all the characters... they are so interesting and i can't say i have had the definitely of liking all characters in every anime that much. so this one is very high on my list if not 1 and definitely for this year with Ancient Magus Bride. though Boruto was good too.
APE
269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/22/18 , edited 2/22/18
Hello my dear acquaintances of the female gender

I am very much interested in this same modicum of media that you have allocated your time too.

My interest, however, stems from my deep admiration of pronounced posteriors and superb elements of culture passed on via non-genetic means.

Ps. Please strike up a correspondence with my individual if you wish to partake in the pastime of TalismanTerrain
APE
830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Germany, Saxony
Offline
Posted 2/23/18 , edited 2/23/18

buyingGF wrote:

Hello my dear acquaintances of the female gender

I am very much interested in this same modicum of media that you have allocated your time too.

My interest, however, stems from my deep admiration of pronounced posteriors and superb elements of culture passed on via non-genetic means.

Ps. Please strike up a correspondence with my individual if you wish to partake in the pastime of TalismanTerrain


This post literaly made me laugh out loud.
APE
830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Germany, Saxony
Offline
Posted 2/23/18 , edited 2/23/18

Lunis-Drakar wrote:

Ah well i forgot to mention i really like all the characters... they are so interesting and i can't say i have had the definitely of liking all characters in every anime that much. so this one is very high on my list if not 1 and definitely for this year with Ancient Magus Bride. though Boruto was good too.


It still confuses me when i hear Zorome 666's voice actress because she sounds so similar to Boruto's voice actress.
Parasite
785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.s N.c state
Offline
Posted 2/23/18 , edited 2/23/18

buyingGF wrote:

Hello my dear acquaintances of the female gender

I am very much interested in this same modicum of media that you have allocated your time too.

My interest, however, stems from my deep admiration of pronounced posteriors and superb elements of culture passed on via non-genetic means.

Ps. Please strike up a correspondence with my individual if you wish to partake in the pastime of TalismanTerrain


lol excellently worded @buyingGF

your two reasons there is also part of why i like the series.... lol it's not like i said i liked Zero twos form or anything *waiting for people to scream Pervert*

i am happy to meet you though
Parasite
785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.s N.c state
Offline
Posted 2/23/18 , edited 2/24/18

Speedkomodo wrote:


Lunis-Drakar wrote:

Ah well i forgot to mention i really like all the characters... they are so interesting and i can't say i have had the definitely of liking all characters in every anime that much. so this one is very high on my list if not 1 and definitely for this year with Ancient Magus Bride. though Boruto was good too.


It still confuses me when i hear Zorome 666's voice actress because she sounds so similar to Boruto's voice actress.


Yes! lol i still hear Boruto from Zorome 666..

though many say they don't like him, i say yeah i sort of found him annoying in beginning but i realized hey we need certain characters and he's not all that bad and he added much to the show. sort of gave me flashbacks to other anime LOL thankfully it's not going to be that case .

i like all the characters in this series for their development and their continuing to unfold and "grow " with time.

so i can say he adds to the series in a few ways.

i really did not know that they shared a voice actor Komodo, i only knew i heard the voice before sounded like Boruto until i really looked back at Boruto because you said it.



Parasite
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 2/23/18 , edited 2/24/18
Hello all! As seen I go by JayAssassin, my real name being Jared. I am currently a freshman in college pursuing a degree in computer science. I am very much an inside person, my hobbies being reading, playing video games, and watching anime of course.

I'm enjoying FranXX because it stands out from anime I have watched in a while. The characters had me hooked from the start because I immediately knew they had a lot of room for development as well as an interesting backstory and world. Alongside the content of the show, I simply love the style; the art and animation are simply marvelous.

I saw this group as a chance to get more involved in the community here on CR which is made easier since this is a new group and a show I am very interested in.

That's all I got, I look forward to continuing to watch the squad progress with everyone!
Parasite
164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / N/A
Offline
Posted 3/15/18 , edited 3/16/18
Hi, my name is MassterBrewer12 (people just call me Master Brewer), and I'm an alcoholic parasite... I think. Anywho, I like Darling in the FranXX because I just really like the concept, as well as the cuteness that is ZeroTwo (and her love for Hiro & Syrup (honey?)). I discovered this show through browsing youtube (Gigguk), and I'm excited for future episodes.

If you want to know more about me then just look at my home screen, it tells you all about me. And if you play Smash Bros on the WiiU, please tell me and I will fight you IRL bro... seriously though, I need a bigger challenge then three of my brothers combined... Yeah...

OK, so just to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die, Galaxar out.
Papa
618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / The Lone Star Sta...
Offline
Posted 3/15/18 , edited 3/16/18

MassterBrewer12 wrote:

Hi, my name is MassterBrewer12 (people just call me Master Brewer), and I'm an alcoholic parasite... I think. Anywho, I like Darling in the FranXX because I just really like the concept, as well as the cuteness that is ZeroTwo (and her love for Hiro & Syrup (honey?)). I discovered this show through browsing youtube (Gigguk), and I'm excited for future episodes.

If you want to know more about me then just look at my home screen, it tells you all about me. And if you play Smash Bros on the WiiU, please tell me and I will fight you IRL bro... seriously though, I need a bigger challenge then three of my brothers combined... Yeah...

OK, so just to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die, Galaxar out.


Great introduction Master Brewer haha. Welcome to the group my friend! Great to see you in here.
Parasite
164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / N/A
Offline
Posted 3/15/18 , edited 3/16/18

sneaki-chan wrote:


MassterBrewer12 wrote:

Hi, my name is MassterBrewer12 (people just call me Master Brewer), and I'm an alcoholic parasite... I think. Anywho, I like Darling in the FranXX because I just really like the concept, as well as the cuteness that is ZeroTwo (and her love for Hiro & Syrup (honey?)). I discovered this show through browsing youtube (Gigguk), and I'm excited for future episodes.

If you want to know more about me then just look at my home screen, it tells you all about me. And if you play Smash Bros on the WiiU, please tell me and I will fight you IRL bro... seriously though, I need a bigger challenge then three of my brothers combined... Yeah...

OK, so just to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die, Galaxar out.


Great introduction Master Brewer haha. Welcome to the group my friend! Great to see you in here.


If your saying that I assume you got the MvA reference at the end... I hope
Parasite
785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.s N.c state
Offline
Posted 3/17/18 , edited 3/17/18
Hey so where has JayAssassin been too? seems not really here now but he is in college , ( just hope he feels welcome )

MasterBrewer12.... ah i see you handle your alchohol well right? i think Zerotwo could also let's see who woud win You-vs-Zerotwo

lol anyway its awesome to meet you and i hope we can all stick around and talk together even after the series ends for this season later,

Smashbros on WiiU! damn wished i did still play games ( i am currently making changes in my life and have not played anything much since, my studies and all) but i would play with you for sure!

Gasp! and you also know the joys of seeing ZeroTwo being happy with Hiro and feeding him Honey saturated meats .... Welcome Home bro... Welcome
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / CA - CSU Stanislaus
Offline
Posted 4/14/18 , edited 4/14/18
Hi everyone! My name is Nari Min but my real name is Lupita. I'm a third year in a college pursuing a degree in history. I'm usually not the type to go out to parties, but enjoy playing video games, watching lots of anime, and eating yummy food.

I love this anime because of Zero Two's overall look and the relationship she has with her! The overall cuteness from the anime and how the members work together is so interesting to watch because it makes it different than others. Darling in the Franxx has shown such great assets like the backstory from most characters and how they got to where they are now.

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.