First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply 1 in 8 of Tokyo’s new adults is foreign-born
3826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / North America
Offline
Posted 2/22/18 , edited 2/22/18

Deleted because it could be misinterpreted
Humms 
12735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 2/22/18

Koji_Protolight wrote:


Humms wrote:


Koji_Protolight wrote:


Humms wrote:

The word assimilation comes to mind.


You might be confused


I am not sure if you were talking to me or qwueri.

If you were talking to me I have already provided links to sources that say that Korean culture is becoming popular in Japan and that a temple in Japan held a traditional Vietnamese ceremony for Vietnamese living in Japan.


Ok.

But will they actually build a temple for them ? Or are they just showing respect?

You see the difference in that I hope.

See, like here in Canada we built a mosk for Muslims. That's multiculturalism.

I hope you see the difference in that.





there actually is a Taiwanese temple in Japan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seitenky%C5%AB
also showing respect for other cultures is part of multiculturalism



There you go.

Japan is multicultural

3826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / North America
Offline
Posted 2/22/18 , edited 2/22/18

karatecowboy wrote:


Koji_Protolight wrote:



they don't have too assimilate, they can piss on the history of the united states, because it is in fact terrible. infact pissing on the history and traditional culture of the united states is, in fact GOOD for America because it condemns evils like being a imperialistic culture built on the idea of "Manifest Destiny" which was done in the past helping prevent it from happening again, while also forcing a new and better future America.


AND THE MASK COMES OFF!!

I was right. Scratch a multiculturalist, reveal an oikophobic bigot.

Yeah, that's right, the ONE SMALL SEGMENT of humanity that dares to examine itself, feel bad for the sins of prior generations, and do good is, in fact, DOWNRIGHT HORRIBLE. Better to swamp it with cultures that are too proud to admit their own imperialistic pasts.

Oh my god. Where to start. Do you even know what an empire is? Any mainstream historian will tell you that the USA's "imperial era", if you can even call it that, was very short lived.

Well, at least now I know that everything you write here is going to be tainted by bigotry, half-truths, and propaganda. Ever heard of the warlord Mumahed, and the empire he established? I mean, you wouldn't dare to say:

they don't have too assimilate, they can piss on the history of the Islam, because it is in fact terrible. infact pissing on the history and traditional culture of Islam is, in fact GOOD forMuslims because it condemns evils like being a imperialistic culture built on the idea of "Allah's word" which was done in the past helping prevent it from happening again, while also forcing a new and better future Islam




HAHA that where you are wrong, I love my white family that adopted me as a child and no I am not oikophobic and actually yes I do dislike some of the parts of islam just as I dislike the bible which calls war criminals like moses and joshua heros.

11317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 2/22/18 , edited 2/22/18

Koji_Protolight wrote:

HAHA that where you are wrong, I love my white family that adopted me as a child and no I do not oikophobic and actually yes I do dislike some of the parts of islam just as I dislike the bible which calls war criminals like moses and joshua heros.



BUT I CAN'T BE RACIST! I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS!

3826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / North America
Offline
Posted 2/22/18 , edited 2/22/18

karatecowboy wrote:


Koji_Protolight wrote:

HAHA that where you are wrong, I love my white family that adopted me as a child and no I do not oikophobic and actually yes I do dislike some of the parts of islam just as I dislike the bible which calls war criminals like moses and joshua heros.



BUT I CAN'T BE RACIST! I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS!


When did I say I hate white people in general? I actually like Germany and Europe because they are big consumers of my culture. You only assume I do because of your terrible worldview
And no I do not hate everything traditional about the west, only the imperialistic parts of it
11317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 2/22/18

Koji_Protolight wrote:


When did I say I hate white people in general? I actually like Germany and Europe because they are big consumers of my culture. You only assume I do because of your terrible worldview


You're missing the point. Saying "i can't be oikophobic because I love my family" is like saying "I can't be racist because I have black friends".

"pissing all over traditional American culture is good", but "I dislike" only "parts" of Islam. Oh, and of course couldn't just say "I dislike parts of Islam". Had to throw in the oikophobic obligation of criticising Christianity.

Which would you say is more worthy of pissing all over-- more worthy of the trash bin: traditional American culture or traditional Islamic culture?
3826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / North America
Offline
Posted 2/22/18

karatecowboy wrote:


Koji_Protolight wrote:


When did I say I hate white people in general? I actually like Germany and Europe because they are big consumers of my culture. You only assume I do because of your terrible worldview


You're missing the point. Saying "i can't be oikophobic because I love my family" is like saying "I can't be racist because I have black friends".

"pissing all over traditional American culture is good", but "I dislike" only "parts" of Islam. Oh, and of course couldn't just say "I dislike parts of Islam". Had to throw in the oikophobic obligation of criticising Christianity.

Which would you say is more worthy of pissing all over-- more worthy of the trash bin: traditional American culture or traditional Islamic culture?


If you define traditional united states culture as being all about "manifast destiny" "cowboys vs Indians"and the "america and whiteness is number one" mentality then yes it deserves to be pissed on, however if you define America as a place full of people from all around the world (including dare I say white people!)and made of rock and roll (Linkin Park Is AWESOME!) then no it does not deserve to be pissed on.
qwueri 
23504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 2/22/18 , edited 2/22/18

karatecowboy wrote:

No, as the Melting Pot is a hardcore monocultural idea: You come here a foreigner, and your former culture and identity melt away and you come out an American. This is basic history. Multiculturalism is what the oikophobic bigots have been trying to oppose on us for the last few decades, much to the chagrin of actual-Americans.

As Teddy Roosevelt, one of our greatest presidents, said during the Ellis Island Great Wave:

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American … There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

"Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all."


Are you suggesting that Lutherans enjoying lutefisk in Minnesota, Cajuns speaking Creole in Louisiana, and Southerners enjoying grits and sweet tea are all examples of oikophbic bigots for not assimilating to a burger and hot dog monoculture? What you're missing from the melting pot history of the U.S. is that everyone has brought their own cultures into the country and added to it, sharing their own traditions as well as learning those of others. Roosevelt is clearly speaking of allegiance to country. America has never been a monoculture, with even communities that become highly intermixed founding their own regional identity, and all those communities together identifying as part of one great American nation made up of immigrants.
224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/22/18

Koji_Protolight wrote:


karatecowboy wrote:

Hopefully not. Multiculturalism is a blatant failure, is oikophobic, and destroys the host culture.


fortunately your wrong, multiculturalism is part of what makes Canada relatively strong despite its size just like Singapore which is also multicultural


Singapore have racial housing quotas (see Ethnic Integration Policy).
3826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / North America
Offline
Posted 2/22/18

Cathugud wrote:


Koji_Protolight wrote:


karatecowboy wrote:

Hopefully not. Multiculturalism is a blatant failure, is oikophobic, and destroys the host culture.


fortunately your wrong, multiculturalism is part of what makes Canada relatively strong despite its size just like Singapore which is also multicultural


Singapore have racial housing quotas (see Ethnic Integration Policy).


And?

"The Ethnic Integration Policy was implemented on 1 March 1989 to promote racial integration and harmony in Housing and Development Board"

i fail to see how this is a bad thing, we should have it here in Canada, it would help Aboriginals get access to affordable housing finally.
224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/22/18 , edited 2/22/18

qwueri wrote:


karatecowboy wrote:

No, as the Melting Pot is a hardcore monocultural idea: You come here a foreigner, and your former culture and identity melt away and you come out an American. This is basic history. Multiculturalism is what the oikophobic bigots have been trying to oppose on us for the last few decades, much to the chagrin of actual-Americans.

As Teddy Roosevelt, one of our greatest presidents, said during the Ellis Island Great Wave:

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American … There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

"Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all."


not assimilating to a burger and hot dog monoculture?


Absolutely disgusting. I would never think of describing my grandparents culture in such a manner.


Koji_Protolight wrote:

i fail to see how this is a bad thing, we should have it here in Canada, it would help Aboriginals get access to affordable housing finally.


You do realise the Ethnic Integration Policy ensures that the Ethnic majority remains the majority?
3826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / North America
Offline
Posted 2/22/18 , edited 2/22/18

Cathugud wrote:


qwueri wrote:


karatecowboy wrote:

No, as the Melting Pot is a hardcore monocultural idea: You come here a foreigner, and your former culture and identity melt away and you come out an American. This is basic history. Multiculturalism is what the oikophobic bigots have been trying to oppose on us for the last few decades, much to the chagrin of actual-Americans.

As Teddy Roosevelt, one of our greatest presidents, said during the Ellis Island Great Wave:

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American … There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

"Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all."


not assimilating to a burger and hot dog monoculture?


Absolutely disgusting. I would never think of describing my grandparents culture in such a manner.


Koji_Protolight wrote:

i fail to see how this is a bad thing, we should have it here in Canada, it would help Aboriginals get access to affordable housing finally.


You do realise the Ethnic Integration Policy ensures that the Ethnic majority remains the majority?


you should have said what it does, rather then just say it exists and then send me to try and figure out what it does online.

also from what I read I also heard that rather then to keep the majority the majority, The impetus for such a policy was the government’s recognition of a growing trend of Singaporeans to form certain ethnic enclaves – Bedok for example was inhabited predominantly by Malays, while the Chinese favoured settling in Hougang – and the fear that such a division would beckon the return to the 1960s level of distrust amongst the different races in Singapore which led to some of the most devastating riots in its short history.

further more These limits, which are updated on the 1st of every month, are meant to reflect the racial composition in Singapore. That means it changes as the ethnic composition changes...
so theoretically, if the Aboriginal Population were to suddenly explode, the limits on how much housing they had access to would change to accommodate more Aboriginals... sounds like a good idea to me...
224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/22/18 , edited 2/23/18

Koji_Protolight wrote:

you should have said what it does, rather then just say it exists and then send me to try and figure out what it does online.



I mean you probably shouldn't be linking Singapore with countries like Canada when trying to prove a point about multiculturalism. Singapore has laws that prevent enclaves like the one mentioned above. Canada does not.

Also the government targets Malaysian Chinese and Mainland Chinese to preserve majority.
3826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / North America
Offline
Posted 2/22/18 , edited 2/23/18

Cathugud wrote:

I mean you probably shouldn't be linking Singapore with countries like Canada when trying to prove a point about multiculturalism. Singapore has laws that prevent enclaves like the one mentioned above. Canada does not.


I fail to see how preventing them from forming enclaves would be a bad thing for multiculturalism... It might actually help be getting people from other backgrounds to interact more, rather then only sticking to ones own kind...
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.