First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Who is the most interesting supporting character that would make a great main character?
2515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/8/18
I guess you have to ask yourself, who is the MC of Medaka Box, is it Medaka or Zenkichi. The show is named after Medaka, but it kind of follows Zenkichi. Both of them are great characters
5168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/8/18
I know he was one of the main reasons I watched Death Note . I would totally watch a show with him just solving crimes and eating candy and drinking tea .
Vahvi 
7394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 /❓/ ⚤ / Nearby
Offline
Posted 3/8/18
Vincent Valentine.... Oh wait

399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/8/18

-AnimeGirl56- wrote:

L Ryuazki aka Lawliet from Death note


Most uninteresting main character would have to be Shiba Tatsuya from The Irregular at Magic High School .


I never watched the anime, but if you think Shiba is uninteresting then they didn't do the series justice. He's got a rather compelling back story which explains his personality very well, serious and well-earned abandonment issues and a huge sister complex, and he's a literal tactical weapon. I find him by far one of the deeper and better developed MC's in recent history.
399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/8/18

HOOfan_1 wrote:

I guess you have to ask yourself, who is the MC of Medaka Box, is it Medaka or Zenkichi. The show is named after Medaka, but it kind of follows Zenkichi. Both of them are great characters


Medaka Box had the potential to be brilliant, if it was serialized anywhere but Jump. Jump's ridiculous polls and the constant threat of "The Axe" kept Medaka Box and many other series from ever reaching their potential, instead forcing them to move at blitzkrieg paces and bounce from overly-long battle to overly-long battle. Unless it's an ecchi/romcom/gag manga type, then they throw out cliched scenarios and fanservice repeatedly until the axe falls.
7377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / Pacific North West
Offline
Posted 3/8/18 , edited 3/8/18

qualeshia3 wrote:

So, who is the most interesting supporting character in anime that would make a great main character? Name a supporting character that you think is very interesting and show a picture. List the name of anime series that character comes from as well.


Bonus Question:

1. Who is the most uninteresting main character in anime?


Answer #1 Shinobu (Bakemonogatari series) Aside from her many forms she has a condescending attitude and a slightly twisted sense of humor. Any 500+ yr old vampire has to have some interesting stuff to show.

BONUS = Both Elric brothers from Full Metal Alchemist series. Not sure why but I found them predictable, illogical and hard to root for. Half the time I was hoping one of them would get killed. I am sure I will get roasted for it. Just not my cup of tea


EDIT I am suprised nobody answered Subaru from Re:Zero for bonus question. Seemed like there was so many people hating on him. Figured he would have been #1 Instead I find MC from Irregular at magic high, who atleast had goals and manners.
sztrb 
266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/9/18

-AnimeGirl56- wrote:

I know he was one of the main reasons I watched Death Note . I would totally watch a show with him just solving crimes and eating candy and drinking tea .


Tea with 16 sugar cubes...
49226 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/10/18 , edited 3/10/18

DevinKuska wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

So, who is the most interesting supporting character in anime that would make a great main character? Name a supporting character that you think is very interesting and show a picture. List the name of anime series that character comes from as well.


Bonus Question:

1. Who is the most uninteresting main character in anime?


Answer #1 Shinobu (Bakemonogatari series) Aside from her many forms she has a condescending attitude and a slightly twisted sense of humor. Any 500+ yr old vampire has to have some interesting stuff to show.

BONUS = Both Elric brothers from Full Metal Alchemist series. Not sure why but I found them predictable, illogical and hard to root for. Half the time I was hoping one of them would get killed. I am sure I will get roasted for it. Just not my cup of tea


EDIT I am suprised nobody answered Subaru from Re:Zero for bonus question. Seemed like there was so many people hating on him. Figured he would have been #1 Instead I find MC from Irregular at magic high, who atleast had goals and manners.


The Elric Brothers? That's a first.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.