First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Episode 9: Triangle Bomb
Papa
527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / The Lone Star Sta...
Offline
Posted 3/11/18 , edited 3/11/18
Hello Parasites! Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. Sorry for today's late post, I got caught up in some real-world work so my bad for not warning everyone in advance. But better late than never!

You guys have no idea how much warmth this brought to my cold heart. As you have seen in my past discussions, I have never been the biggest fan of Ichigo. But that's only because I felt it took the focus off our wifey ZeroTwo. But feelings change, and that goes for Ichigo as well. A few discussions ago I mentioned Goro and how he may possibly become sick of his partner falling for someone else, but to my surprise, Goro has taken this really well. His stupidity may have put the rest of the squad in serious danger but who cares right (I mean he can't get fired from his job anyways). And Ichigo and Goro ended up being the hiros (Heros get it) of the day! Seeing some more backstory for these two characters was really refreshing. I'm sure we all felt Goro has been on the sidelines for too long, so I was happy to learn more about his past. As you all saw, Goro lets his feelings out, and Ichigo being herself becomes flustered and responds with something similar to what she said to Hiro hehe. Hopefully, she learns to not self-friend/sibling-zone herself soon.

Now a small note on the fight, I felt this fight was done quite lazily. I enjoyed the music and visuals as always, but I feel they could have improved a little more on the whole scene itself. The gap taken between Goro getting trapped and the rest of the squad retreating back to the base made it feel a little disconnected. I guess they wanted to really emphasize the fact that Goro was all on his own, and was probably screwed if not for Ichigo's selflessness. Hope that made sense.

So you know how it works, you read the rant, now you respond! Lend me your thoughts Darlings...

(Since we're focused on Ichigo & Goro, here are some screencaps from the episode)


Parasite
675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.s N.c state
Offline
Posted 3/11/18 , edited 3/11/18
Greaaaaaattttt to see you Sneaki! yeah been really good start to spring here too! i hope to get started on some new work soon.

We always going to be around so not a problem for being late right

I agree about this one being he one to bring us all these tender moments for what is to come and really setting things straight... like Ichigo and Goro will now move on and be free to fly together! just as that story goes.. because the was honest and shared what they felt and growing up so fast now together... i want to see the others grow more too!

i know sometimes can be alittle obsessed about Zerotwo...But we all are right ?in ways .. we want to see her grow and be happy but be as she is too.. and she could help the others not be so distant and to grow together as they have now . though she needed this connection with the group a whole lot more too ... to set her free. so its mutually beneficial also. and to see Hiro not putting himself backward again and falling into depression.

I love the whole group.... just great to see them getting along and join together more... and still retaining their own personalities we have grown to love and their "disputes" between each other sometimes lol

all this is adding up to be a truly Magnificent Series destined for glory! @Sneaki i felt the same about the whole disconnect between what happened in the fight sequence, so much could have happened then but it also was good they did not overcrowd that sequence also... so it did add some more dramatic effects to it right?

Not really disliking it much though now as i see how it was but it was all blank and white there for a bit.

I do feel we will see more of the Doc... and Zerotwo and Hiros relationship will be put to the test in a very deep and dark way maybe.... i just keep seeing this... but they will push through one day i feel they will venture into the "Adult World" below the home they are in. ...

Not to say Hiro will not like Zerotwo or vice versa.. just that they will have to really call into question what to do and fight together..... because i see more of an "inner threat" from within Ape and the society than i ever do from the outside. ... and i know late there will be a event that will flip everything we thought we knew upside-down and on its azz .

something is coming and i feel that is why we are seeing so much character growth right now and seeing more of the communal life of the group.. all being more happy and getting along and working through problems themselves.

But we shall see what will come, and i still have saved some parts of the theory for later.

..........

Parasite
617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Germany, Saxony
Offline
Posted 3/11/18 , edited 3/11/18
Hey there! :)


Ok so this episode really mixed up all the feelings for the characters that developed inside me over the past episodes.

I really shouldn't watch the Citrus anime before watching this.. :D
as you probably guessed im more of the empathetic type (if ithats the transaltion for what i mean) when it comes to watching anime. So im more focused on the feelings and emotions of characters. Sometimes i even catch myself having a bad day just because some character had a shit day (depends on how much i like that particular series)

Ok enough about me. This episode was awesome as always but as you mentioned @Sneaki i too was a little confused by the sudden cut to the team being back at the base again after goro was sucked into that thing. I feel like they couldve made that transition a bit smoother by showing them run away at least.

(at the point where ichigo and miku are arguing)
Poor zorome.. i laughed so hard at his attempts to stay out of the fight.. :D


I particularly liked the point where Ichigo says to Zero-Two " I trust you" (or whatever it said in english.. thats what it said in german :D) and Zero-Twos facial expression in that scene is priceless.


So to my theory that i was teasing at on the front page of the group.. I may be totally wrong on this.. but seing as there are so many paralels to another series i REALLY like called "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann" my theory is as follows: Maybe when all of the pistil would fall in love with the stamen their fighting power would increase? I mean like when they both confess to each other and whatever comes after that ;P Similarily to what we see in Gurren Lagann but i dont want to write spoilers in case somebody here is interested in seing it.


Im gonna keep it short today and wish you an awesome week!

Greetings from good ol Germany! :D

(If the image upload works then you should see a Strelizia)
Parasite
675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.s N.c state
Offline
Posted 3/11/18
@ Komodo yeah! good to read your theories and post !

Citrus i still need to watch more of lol. but yeah i get the whole empathic thing , i ALWAYS am into so deep with what happens with people in manga/anime .

That theory will play out more i feel too... it will help them with the upcoming battles that are only going to get more challenging.

i still need to watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann too.. heard alot about it an how it unfolds.

Citrus and the whole feelings ... so many shenanigans.. damn
Papa
527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / The Lone Star Sta...
Offline
Posted 3/11/18 , edited 3/12/18

Speedkomodo wrote:

Hey there! :)



Greetings from good ol Germany! :D

(If the image upload works then you should see a Strelizia)



I'm actually going to watch Citrus right now lmaooo. But I'm glad that you and Lunis agree with my thoughts on the fight scene. They didn't have to take the whole retreat part out, but they could have a least tried to make it a little smoother. And I saw your thoughts about the flowers! I appreciate you bringing that up. Really starting to dissect the meaning of DITF and I love it. Great work.
Posted 3/12/18
I think the MVP scene of the episode is when Goro reflects on his past just before he was about to self-destruct himself. It's weird how nobody has talked about it yet because it was such an impactful moment, so I'm just going to do it :D

We can recall that Goro, as a child, made a hairclip for Ichigo but never had the guts to give it to her. This shows that Goro had a long-lasting love for Ichigo, but he never shared those feelings most likely because Goro knew that Ichigo had a liking for Hiro, hence the episode title, "Triangle Bomb."

And seeing flashbacks of your past before you're about to die is a very common thing in Anime. But to do it well and effectively can be extremely hard just because of how cliche it is.

I had tissues ready for Goro to pull the suicide bomb. And right before he was about to pull the switch, we get this beautiful light of hope.


Also, when they quote back to their childhood, IT'S F&$KING BEAUTIFUL!!!


These two unquestionably have the strongest relationship in the series so far. And even though Goro sorta got rejected at the end, I honestly was more pleased with that than Ichigo going along with the ride and saying, "I love you too." because that would be the cliche thing to do. And now Goro can die a happy death leaving behind no regrets.

Big props to the narration director (whoever you are). Except for that disconnect moment which you all have been talking about. I totally agree with that flaw.

But this emotionally impactful moment definately deserves an award for most tears collected in a single episode or something
Parasite
675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.s N.c state
Offline
Posted 3/12/18 , edited 3/12/18

TeamAIM wrote:

I think the MVP scene of the episode is when Goro reflects on his past just before he was about to self-destruct himself. It's weird how nobody has talked about it yet because it was such an impactful moment, so I'm just going to do it :D

We can recall that Goro, as a child, made a hairclip for Ichigo but never had the guts to give it to her. This shows that Goro had a long-lasting love for Ichigo, but he never shared those feelings most likely because Goro knew that Ichigo had a liking for Hiro, hence the episode title, "Triangle Bomb."

And seeing flashbacks of your past before you're about to die is a very common thing in Anime. But to do it well and effectively can be extremely hard just because of how cliche it is.

I had tissues ready for Goro to pull the suicide bomb. And right before he was about to pull the switch, we get this beautiful light of hope.


Also, when they quote back to their childhood, IT'S F&$KING BEAUTIFUL!!!


These two unquestionably have the strongest relationship in the series so far. And even though Goro sorta got rejected at the end, I honestly was more pleased with that than Ichigo going along with the ride and saying, "I love you too." because that would be the cliche thing to do. And now Goro can die a happy death leaving behind no regrets.

Big props to the narration director (whoever you are). Except for that disconnect moment which you all have been talking about. I totally agree with that flaw.

But this emotionally impactful moment definately deserves an award for most tears collected in a single episode or something :P


I too am really getting into Citrus! just wow kind of another dayum fine anime and the art style really captured my heart too.

@Komodo.. thank you for writing about your reserch too it's something that puts so much together now and added more feeling... like now i need to think more too. you so smart!


@TeamAim yeah! i also had some tissues ,,, like NO Goro what you doing the whole scene really was like the dawn of light like rainbows and everything flooding into that portal like opening Ichigo entered from and great pics also from everyone here! i saved them


Thank you for bring that up too though ... i still see alot pf people who don't get what the eps are about or the series still saying the last two or so eps was all filler stuff, N O P E Lolz ... try again.


Amazing work TeamAim yupp now we can see just how th others in the team progress and Goro with Ichigo can show them the way to grow together more. people still should give the other character a chance.. its not all about ZErotwo and Hiro but they are still awesome and i will always love :O


Now that the hairclip was replaced with Goros it was like they are both mated together .... like damn! but Ichigo you did well! you say the big words later when it is the right time.... Goro it is your time to realizes how much you matter and what ya mean to Ichigo and the team Flap Flap away! ...
Posted 3/13/18

Lunis-Drakar


Amazing work TeamAim yupp now we can see just how th others in the team progress and Goro with Ichigo can show them the way to grow together more. people still should give the other character a chance.. its not all about ZErotwo and Hiro but they are still awesome and i will always love :O


The team combo that I'm most interested in is with Mitsuru and Ikuno. For some reason, I just like the swagged-out cool type in a guy and the quiet book-type in a girl. Is that a guilty pleasure? lmfao idek
Parasite
675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.s N.c state
Offline
Posted 3/13/18

TeamAIM wrote:


Lunis-Drakar


Amazing work TeamAim yupp now we can see just how th others in the team progress and Goro with Ichigo can show them the way to grow together more. people still should give the other character a chance.. its not all about ZErotwo and Hiro but they are still awesome and i will always love :O


The team combo that I'm most interested in is with Mitsuru and Ikuno. For some reason, I just like the swagged-out cool type in a guy and the quiet book-type in a girl. Is that a guilty pleasure? lmfao idek


You know.. i was thinking about them too! i seriously wanna see more of them! and you are right i too have liked characters with these traits.

Mitsuru and Ikuno need some alone time too. and Mitsuru... well he had a rough time after wanting to basically "handle" Zerpotwo and failed ... so is good to see him now not being all still having his mental episodes of that ... and they need to work on their relation more... also after he openly said he would replace her with Zerotwo.. yeah i mean not a bad guy but they need to work on that. and they would be awesome together fighting ! let's have more Ikuno also she rarely gets to be shown or say anything.. come on! and Mitsuru has not since they went to the beach so i hope we get to see that more in the upcoming Eps.

I also want to see more Miku and Zorome and how they progress... and Futoshi needs some damn time to be on the show too he never says much lately and needs some development with Kokoro ... on their relation. and Kokoro in the last 3 eps got more time to speak than he did or be shown. well it felt like it... idk what do you think though?

BUT it will all work out in the next eps , hey only starting to see how the pairs and the whole group is learning how to truly be a team... and grow up some. but i like their cute innocence too lol shitttttee

also Mitsuru stay off the dayum drugs please... let's not have you end up in "character hell" cause that really would be waste if they thew him into being some washed up druggie that could not get it together... (i means the guys cool he has great potential.) but thats past now that was only for dramatic effect i feel and to progress the story of just how much he was affected by that incident...

ok lol rant over kindaaa Thank [email protected] ... you brought up one of my "guilty pleasures too" damn this pair is cool. But i love Zero toooooooz also.. Ikuno show us your great wisdom and personality!

Parasite
617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Germany, Saxony
Offline
Posted 3/13/18

TeamAIM wrote:


Lunis-Drakar


Amazing work TeamAim yupp now we can see just how th others in the team progress and Goro with Ichigo can show them the way to grow together more. people still should give the other character a chance.. its not all about ZErotwo and Hiro but they are still awesome and i will always love :O


The team combo that I'm most interested in is with Mitsuru and Ikuno. For some reason, I just like the swagged-out cool type in a guy and the quiet book-type in a girl. Is that a guilty pleasure? lmfao idek


When it comes to Ikuno and Mitsuru i think theres some interesting information that hints at thze future of that team. On one of the websites that i linked to in the "002 Love" they discuss the whole flower thing. Many times throughout the series we see many of the characters surrounded by specific kinds of lowers. With Ikuno its white lilies.

Im gonna quote a segment of the text on that website here: " Ikuno held up a notebook and gestured directly at Ichigo during a conversation. The conversation itself isn’t important, but the visual placement of the notebook, which is decorated with white lilies, couldn’t have been more obvious. The use of white lilies as a symbol for yuri relationships are well-documented in anime. White lilies (shirayuri) represent lesbian love, purity, and chastity. If Ikuno had been assigned any flower other than the white lily in this ending sequence, I would have been surprised."

Posted 3/13/18

Speedkomodo

Im gonna quote a segment of the text on that website here: " Ikuno held up a notebook and gestured directly at Ichigo during a conversation. The conversation itself isn’t important, but the visual placement of the notebook, which is decorated with white lilies, couldn’t have been more obvious. The use of white lilies as a symbol for yuri relationships are well-documented in anime. White lilies (shirayuri) represent lesbian love, purity, and chastity. If Ikuno had been assigned any flower other than the white lily in this ending sequence, I would have been surprised."



WAIT WIAT WAIT WAIT WIAT..... ARE YOU SAYING THAT SHE'S A LESBIAN?!?!?!?
Parasite
617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Germany, Saxony
Offline
Posted 3/13/18

TeamAIM wrote:


Speedkomodo

Im gonna quote a segment of the text on that website here: " Ikuno held up a notebook and gestured directly at Ichigo during a conversation. The conversation itself isn’t important, but the visual placement of the notebook, which is decorated with white lilies, couldn’t have been more obvious. The use of white lilies as a symbol for yuri relationships are well-documented in anime. White lilies (shirayuri) represent lesbian love, purity, and chastity. If Ikuno had been assigned any flower other than the white lily in this ending sequence, I would have been surprised."



WAIT WIAT WAIT WAIT WIAT..... ARE YOU SAYING THAT SHE'S A LESBIAN?!?!?!?


There Might be a chance that she is. Yeah. The visual hints are pretty strong with this only being one of em. Ever notice how Ikuno is blushing when near Ichigo?
Posted 3/13/18

Lunis-Drakar

I also want to see more Miku and Zorome and how they progress... and Futoshi needs some damn time to be on the show too he never says much lately and needs some development with Kokoro ... on their relation. and Kokoro in the last 3 eps got more time to speak than he did or be shown. well it felt like it... idk what do you think though?



Agreed. Here's what I know most about the characters so far based on what I can recall.

Miku x Zorome

(Just based on how they stand, you can see Miku is the energetic type and Zorome is the confident type.)

Miku is very proud of herself because she notes herself as being very cute, or too cute, that it's very hard for boys to keep their eyes off of her (as we heard from that bathroom episode).

And Zorome also see's great value in himself as well. We see time-and-time again that he's very confident in himself, but only driven to excel at his missions through the attention of papa, as well as everyone else at the plantation.

Both characters have very high values for themselves, which could be why they're a pair.

Futoshi x Kokoro

(Based on how they stand, Kokoro is the shy/nervous type and Futoshi is like the hero type.)

All I know so far is that Futoshi likes to stuff his face in food. I mean... who wouldn't, right? The meals are more stacked than a thanksgiving buffet. So it doesn't look like they have to conserve food at all. More like they have too much food.

And Kokoro is the sympathetic type. We can recall from the first episode that Kokoro felt bad for Hiro that he couldn't pilot a FRANXX, thus cementing his fate to be worthless to humanity.

I honestly cannot find a connection between these two. To be honest, I have never seen these two actually talk to each other. Maybe they're both antisocial? Ahh, but that wouldn't make sense because Futoshi is an energetic speaker when he's at the dinner table. This makes no sense lol

Note: WHY DOES THE CHUBBY ONE GET THE HOTTEST GIRL IN THE SHOW?!?!? THAT'S UNFAIR BRO
Posted 3/13/18 , edited 3/13/18

Speedkomodo

There Might be a chance that she is. Yeah. The visual hints are pretty strong with this only being one of em. Ever notice how Ikuno is blushing when near Ichigo?


Ohhhh lmao... I thought we were talking about Ichigo being lesbian XD

Well, still sorta shocked to see Ikuno being a lesbian. That was unexpected. And now it makes sense as to why she's portrayed as the shy, introvert type. In many cultures, same-sex connotation is frowned upon. And so that's why she reveals her feelings and emotions to a bare minimum. Good find Speed.
Parasite
675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.s N.c state
Offline
Posted 3/13/18 , edited 3/13/18

Speedkomodo wrote:


TeamAIM wrote:


Speedkomodo

Im gonna quote a segment of the text on that website here: " Ikuno held up a notebook and gestured directly at Ichigo during a conversation. The conversation itself isn’t important, but the visual placement of the notebook, which is decorated with white lilies, couldn’t have been more obvious. The use of white lilies as a symbol for yuri relationships are well-documented in anime. White lilies (shirayuri) represent lesbian love, purity, and chastity. If Ikuno had been assigned any flower other than the white lily in this ending sequence, I would have been surprised."



WAIT WIAT WAIT WAIT WIAT..... ARE YOU SAYING THAT SHE'S A LESBIAN?!?!?!?


There Might be a chance that she is. Yeah. The visual hints are pretty strong with this only being one of em. Ever notice how Ikuno is blushing when near Ichigo?





TeamAIM wrote:


Lunis-Drakar

I also want to see more Miku and Zorome and how they progress... and Futoshi needs some damn time to be on the show too he never says much lately and needs some development with Kokoro ... on their relation. and Kokoro in the last 3 eps got more time to speak than he did or be shown. well it felt like it... idk what do you think though?



Agreed. Here's what I know most about the characters so far based on what I can recall.

Miku x Zorome

(Just based on how they stand, you can see Miku is the energetic type and Zorome is the confident type.)

Miku is very proud of herself because she notes herself as being very cute, or too cute, that it's very hard for boys to keep their eyes off of her (as we heard from that bathroom episode).

And Zorome also see's great value in himself as well. We see time-and-time again that he's very confident in himself, but only driven to excel at his missions through the attention of papa, as well as everyone else at the plantation.

Both characters have very high values for themselves, which could be why they're a pair.

Futoshi x Kokoro

(Based on how they stand, Kokoro is the shy/nervous type and Futoshi is like the hero type.)

All I know so far is that Futoshi likes to stuff his face in food. I mean... who wouldn't, right? The meals are more stacked than a thanksgiving buffet. So it doesn't look like they have to conserve food at all. More like they have too much food.

And Kokoro is the sympathetic type. We can recall from the first episode that Kokoro felt bad for Hiro that he couldn't pilot a FRANXX, thus cementing his fate to be worthless to humanity.

I honestly cannot find a connection between these two. To be honest, I have never seen these two actually talk to each other. Maybe they're both antisocial? Ahh, but that wouldn't make sense because Futoshi is an energetic speaker when he's at the dinner table. This makes no sense lol

Note: WHY DOES THE CHUBBY ONE GET THE HOTTEST GIRL IN THE SHOW?!?!? THAT'S UNFAIR BRO

Yooo yeah! Hey @Komodo you know i just read about how Ikuno was kind of into Ichigo like she loved her ii read this last night while going over characters and also your post about the flowers. ... and it made me remember how i thought of how they kind of before seemed very close together , BUT i did not make the connection before you showed me here

Ikuno yeah she seems into Ichigo way more! and not really into the boys.... and not with Mitsuru all that much at all , (sure she would work with him but i could see before how she was not into him really much) and i felt it was the clash of personalities or something.. BUT this makes total sense now too! you always know what is happening Komodo! :D

Great job again!

Lolzz @TeamAIM yeah Futoshi needs to lay off so much dayum food. .... and i don't see Zero two having her beautiful lady figure damaged in ANY way by her eating all that meat and honey... after all it was said her physiology is way different and needs that to also pilot the Franxx with it .

hmm yeah only time Futoshi ever gets any air time where he is speaking is when his damn mouth is full lol at the table.

not hating on him though just come on let's get him talking more and playing more active roles in speech and fighting. come to think of it i did not even hear or see him much during the last fight scene... at all... lol.

Kokoro really is hot though... she is and Ikuno... dayum. Let's hope they both find more love the next eps

Futoshi come on get it together and show some drive and passion! show what you can do also with Kokoro!

Miku and Zorome had that fight where she kept accusing him of staring her down .. and wanting to feel her up lol.

Godsss maybe some of this will end up like Citrus? hmm could happy one day i mean with Ikuno and Ichigo




lol though @TeamAim.... you really want to see Kokoro with someone else too right? lol Damn the chubby one! he gots yo girl! and Miku and Zormome i don;t see could pair with anyone else, THEY ARE PERFECT TOGETHER! YAY! lolz but yeah i like their team pairing quite well.

More Yuri action!...idk i could maybe see Ichigo swinging that way abit,,, to be honest.... maybe>? right guys? you have felt the same too?

EDIT: yeah i had to come back to say that your character assessments are spot on @TeamAIM :D

And yeah i think Kokoro and Futoshi really don't speak much... maybe they do we just don;t damn see it shown on the show lol... who knows.. but i do see more development between the "less used characters " ... i mean let's be honest they have not shown more about the others like Kokoro or Futoshi yet... or Ikuno and Mitsuru up until that story line was finished in the beginning of this series about showing who Hiro was and Zerotwo and their relation and setting that firm in all our minds as to what was going on , (though not so much as to show EVERYTHING Yet)... i do see this changing now and showing more of the other characters developments... and displaying who they truly are inside and other traits to them we have yet to see.

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.