First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Pedogate has finally hit the UK and boy are they in it deep, police are in on it.
31529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 3/21/18 , edited 3/22/18
""Give up your guns the police will protect you" - Liberals"

Not relevant to the topic at hand just pointless liberal bashing with no basis to this story


Also this is fucked but expected every country has corruption like this.
runec 
40518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/21/18 , edited 3/22/18

Shipwright wrote:
It's interesting that not many people seem to know about this story.


Well, I mean it's gone all the way up to the prime minister in the UK so many people know in the UK.

But I expect the average Londoner couldn't tell you a word about any given American police scandal either.

17314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/23/18 , edited 3/23/18
It is rather interesting that the source for the thread is the Mirror. It is a tabloid publication known for sensationalism, so the way they have phrased the issue should always be considered carefully.

"Worst ever abuse scandal" is pure hyperbole that they trot out every few years. There have been similar and worse scandals in the past conducted by white people (*cough* Roman Catholics *cough*) and there have been similar lapses by police.

This is not an issue of race - the police have shown equal treatment in their incompetence.

Child abuse by anyone is abhorrent but the argument for this purely being a question of race is flawed, sensational journalism.
12469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/25/18 , edited 3/25/18
^it is an issue or race, and religion. Due to political correctness and they dont want to damage the "diversity is our strength" message.
17314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/26/18 , edited 6/3/18

MrAnimeSK wrote:

^it is an issue or race, and religion. Due to political correctness and they dont want to damage the "diversity is our strength" message.


Yes, I'm glad you agree. Let's send these guys back to the Vatican and solve this problem once and for all.
qwueri 
24458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 3/26/18 , edited 3/26/18

MidoriNoTora wrote:


Yes, I'm glad you agree. Let's send these guys back to the Vatican and solve this problem once and for all.


runec 
40518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/26/18 , edited 3/26/18

MidoriNoTora wrote:
Yes, I'm glad you agree. Let's send these guys back to the Vatican and solve this problem once and for all.


<slow clap>
73648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 3/26/18 , edited 3/27/18
Just when I thought that the whole Jerry Sandusky mess at Penn State was as bad as it gets, that is nothing compared to this mess. When the authorities will do nothing, well that's asking for quite a lot of trouble there, and doing it out of fear of being labeled racists is not an excuse for not acting on it. I realize that there's a whole lot of fear involved, but doing what's right for the kids is the most important things.
runec 
40518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/27/18 , edited 3/27/18

Bakaneer wrote:
Just when I thought that the whole Jerry Sandusky mess at Penn State was as bad as it gets, that is nothing compared to this mess. When the authorities will do nothing, well that's asking for quite a lot of trouble there, and doing it out of fear of being labeled racists is not an excuse for not acting on it. I realize that there's a whole lot of fear involved, but doing what's right for the kids is the most important things.


We're still talking about a tabloid here so take the numbers and allegations against the police with a grain of salt. The Mirror didn't provide any methodology for it's 1000 number. It qualifies it with "could have" and "up to". Plus it's talking about a 40+ year time span with averages out to 25 per year. But 25 per year doesn't sell newspapers with a sensationalist headline.

That's not to say this isn't all horrible but I'm not going to take a tabloid at face value. Especially one with the sketchy track record of the Mirror. I'll wait for the independent inquiries to start releasing findings.



23340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 3/27/18 , edited 3/28/18

runec wrote:


Bakaneer wrote:
Just when I thought that the whole Jerry Sandusky mess at Penn State was as bad as it gets, that is nothing compared to this mess. When the authorities will do nothing, well that's asking for quite a lot of trouble there, and doing it out of fear of being labeled racists is not an excuse for not acting on it. I realize that there's a whole lot of fear involved, but doing what's right for the kids is the most important things.


We're still talking about a tabloid here so take the numbers and allegations against the police with a grain of salt. The Mirror didn't provide any methodology for it's 1000 number. It qualifies it with "could have" and "up to". Plus it's talking about a 40+ year time span with averages out to 25 per year. But 25 per year doesn't sell newspapers with a sensationalist headline.

That's not to say this isn't all horrible but I'm not going to take a tabloid at face value. Especially one with the sketchy track record of the Mirror. I'll wait for the independent inquiries to start releasing findings.





Even 1/10th of that is an abomination. Each one of these people are REAL PEOPLE WHO ARE SUFFERING. Do not normalize or accept it as "oh its just a few people being turned into sex slaves oh well". The correct number is 0 and if the police are ignoring any of these reports its a huge issue especially since the UK disarmed the population of even long knives so a person with acid in a bottle can terrorize an entire population unless the police do anything about it.
17314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/27/18 , edited 6/3/18

Rujikin wrote:

especially since the UK disarmed the population of even long knives so a person with acid in a bottle can terrorize an entire population unless the police do anything about it.


Careful. Your prejudice is showing.

The key thing to remember about the UK here is that we have no "2nd amendment" to defend ourselves from the King of England. The Police aren't disarming the general populace, they are disarming the criminals who are illegally carrying weapons.

Our murder rate is much lower than in America and a couple of lunatics with a bottle of acid can do far less damage than a few million people armed with guns. It isn't even like your mass of guns will always protect your citizens -- didn't you guys recently have a maniac dropping parcel bombs on people's doorsteps?
runec 
40518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/27/18 , edited 3/28/18

Rujikin wrote:
Even 1/10th of that is an abomination. Each one of these people are REAL PEOPLE WHO ARE SUFFERING. Do not normalize or accept it as "oh its just a few people being turned into sex slaves oh well". The correct number is 0 and if the police are ignoring any of these reports its a huge issue especially since the UK disarmed the population of even long knives so a person with acid in a bottle can terrorize an entire population unless the police do anything about it.


I didn't. So spare me your faux outrage.

Also, police in the US routinely screw up or ignore sex crimes so spare me your tortured attempt at tying this to the second amendment.
803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 3/28/18 , edited 3/28/18

Rujikin wrote:


runec wrote:


Bakaneer wrote:
Just when I thought that the whole Jerry Sandusky mess at Penn State was as bad as it gets, that is nothing compared to this mess. When the authorities will do nothing, well that's asking for quite a lot of trouble there, and doing it out of fear of being labeled racists is not an excuse for not acting on it. I realize that there's a whole lot of fear involved, but doing what's right for the kids is the most important things.


We're still talking about a tabloid here so take the numbers and allegations against the police with a grain of salt. The Mirror didn't provide any methodology for it's 1000 number. It qualifies it with "could have" and "up to". Plus it's talking about a 40+ year time span with averages out to 25 per year. But 25 per year doesn't sell newspapers with a sensationalist headline.

That's not to say this isn't all horrible but I'm not going to take a tabloid at face value. Especially one with the sketchy track record of the Mirror. I'll wait for the independent inquiries to start releasing findings.





Even 1/10th of that is an abomination. Each one of these people are REAL PEOPLE WHO ARE SUFFERING. Do not normalize or accept it as "oh its just a few people being turned into sex slaves oh well". The correct number is 0 and if the police are ignoring any of these reports its a huge issue especially since the UK disarmed the population of even long knives so a person with acid in a bottle can terrorize an entire population unless the police do anything about it.


Maybe do some actual research over trusting a tabloid if you truly care about theses people. Repeating pizzagate helps no one.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.