First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Great Manga! Probably won't get an anime adaptation though!
49961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/15/18 , edited 4/16/18
Name a manga that you thought was so good and still is good but probably won't get an anime adaptation? Unless a miracle happens or that manga happens to be the lucky one.


Which manga is that? I mean there is always the future but we can only hope.


164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / N/A
Offline
Posted 3/15/18 , edited 4/16/18
Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou. It's a relatively short manga (one season max in anime), but I still think it would be really cute as an anime
38486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Usually right und...
Online
Posted 3/15/18 , edited 4/16/18
Yotsuba&!
I adore the manga but with the mangaka feeling the stories don't lend themselves well to an anime adaption chances are we're never going to see one.
49961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/15/18 , edited 4/16/18

mfritsch wrote:

Yotsuba&!
I adore the manga but with the mangaka feeling the stories don't lend themselves well to an anime adaption chances are we're never going to see one.


I don't think the mangaka wanted the manga to be adapted into an anime either.
Nikuma 
17565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Holland
Offline
Posted 3/15/18 , edited 4/16/18
If continuations count, the remaining Shaman King and Pandora Hearts chapters.
146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
EARTH
Offline
Posted 3/16/18 , edited 4/16/18
vinland saga?
9403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / California
Offline
Posted 3/18/18 , edited 4/16/18
Yotsuba to, Onanie Master Kurosawa, Molester Man, 20th Century Boys, Crows, Birdmen (I really hope this one does), Rikudou, Vagabond, any good manwha.

Berserk, Kingdom, Tokyo Ghoul, and Blade of the Immortal probably won't ever get a proper adaptation.
24781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/18/18 , edited 4/16/18
It was over twenty years for Parasyte to make the leap. It was done in 95, and look how long it was before they got it made. Old Boy took a long time until it became a movie.

If it really is something great, somebody will make it.

As for my selection, the Manwha "Shaman Warrior" Although the art for it is so fantastic, I hope it isnt converted. Sometimes the best are the best because the works cannot be transcribed into motion.

Side note, I have been waiting for this Alita movie for over a decade. So again. If it actually is something good and timeless, it will make it.
146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
EARTH
Offline
Posted 3/18/18 , edited 4/16/18

SirBacon24 wrote:
Berserk, Kingdom, Tokyo Ghoul, and Blade of the Immortal probably won't ever get a proper adaptation.


Kingdom adaptation wasn't really bad, though. Still not good as other (at least sengoku no basara level)

9403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / California
Offline
Posted 3/18/18 , edited 4/16/18

sastrathegreat wrote:


SirBacon24 wrote:
Berserk, Kingdom, Tokyo Ghoul, and Blade of the Immortal probably won't ever get a proper adaptation.


Kingdom adaptation wasn't really bad, though. Still not as good as other (at least sengoku no basara level)



I'm going to have to disagree there. Even so, it shouldn't stop at season 2 though.
146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
EARTH
Offline
Posted 3/18/18 , edited 4/16/18

SirBacon24 wrote:


sastrathegreat wrote:


SirBacon24 wrote:
Berserk, Kingdom, Tokyo Ghoul, and Blade of the Immortal probably won't ever get a proper adaptation.


Kingdom adaptation wasn't really bad, though. Still not as good as other (at least sengoku no basara level)



I'm going to have to disagree there. Even so, it shouldn't stop at season 2 though.


Yea, it shouldn't stop at season 2. at least until

49961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/19/18 , edited 4/16/18

sastrathegreat wrote:

vinland saga?


An anime adaptation is already about to happen.
18200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 3/19/18 , edited 4/16/18
SStudy
mnmike 
22543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/18 , edited 5/28/18

MassterBrewer12 wrote:

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou. It's a relatively short manga (one season max in anime), but I still think it would be really cute as an anime


I love this one, and couldn't agree more.

My top three would be:

Uwagaki (cute romance meets sci-fi slapstick)
Change 123 (Lots of ecchi action, but with some really fun characters)
Bonnouji (a bit like "Love is Like a Cocktail", but slightly weirder)
15045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Montana
Offline
Posted 3/19/18 , edited 5/28/18
Shina Dark
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.