First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Markus Meechan (Count Dankula) has been convicted for "grossly offensive behavior"
runec 
38566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/24/18 , edited 3/24/18

MrAnimeSK wrote:
I can do what i want. I can post a meme if i want to.


Yes, but its a worthless and shitty method of trying to make any sort of argument.

I'm not touching the rest of the bullshit you posted. Others have already addressed it.



MrAnimeSK wrote:I have a good mate over in the UK so iam not just going off you tube and google and Facebook.


I have two. One's even ex-military. What's your point?

Do you think every single person in Australia holds the same opinion as you do?




MrAnimeSK wrote:
But there will always be people like yourself, who support the end of free speech based on the belief that if anyone or someone MAY be offended by a differing opinion(or a joke), that it is justified.


I literally took the opposite position in this very thread, dude. So spare me your strawman bullshit.

Posted 3/25/18 , edited 3/25/18
So very frightening. You mean I can't hate openly and securely? Sucks.
11833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/25/18 , edited 3/25/18
Leftist bullies! lol i'll make a better reply later when i can be bothered. No i have not read 1984 but its been referenced a lot recently so i have asked about it and researched it a little, spoke to people who heave read it, etc.
Surely trolling isn't a good enough reason to be banned from a country???
Not when others who have done far worse are allowed in or are not deported.
Why do people always think that standing up for your country or race or religion (if you're white or Christian) is the same as being an alt right or racist or being an arsehole or hate speech? i really really really dont get it.

And no, not all Australians think like me, we have many leftist greenies and also some actual racists.

I know that you have missed me Runec ^.^ you m,ust have been bored with the dead arse forum while i was gone? :P



EDIT: its good that you did some research on Tommy and Lauren but it would seem that you have gone out of your way to dig up the bad, try looking at all of the good that they have also done.
The "Allah is a gay god" thing was pretty stupid though.
555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 3/25/18

MrAnimeSK wrote:

Leftist bullies! lol i'll make a better reply later when i can be bothered. No i have not read 1984 but its been referenced a lot recently so i have asked about it and researched it a little, spoke to people who heave read it, etc.
Surely trolling isn't a good enough reason to be banned from a country???
Not when others who have done far worse are allowed in or are not deported.
Why do people always think that standing up for your country or race or religion (if you're white or Christian) is the same as being an alt right or racist or being an arsehole or hate speech? i really really really dont get it.

And no, not all Australians think like me, we have many leftist greenies and also some actual racists.

I know that you have missed me Runec ^.^ you m,ust have been bored with the dead arse forum while i was gone? :P



EDIT: its good that you did some research on Tommy and Lauren but it would seem that you have gone out of your way to dig up the bad, try looking at all of the good that they have also done.
The "Allah is a gay god" thing was pretty stupid though.


A country that you're not a citizen of doesn't have to set the bar that high to kick you out even if there are worst people out there.

Well the people you cited,or defended in various threads here are in fact alt right racist arsehole activists. Find us plain conservative Joe,who is protesting against something in a peaceful non vile manner.

It doesn't take much effort to point out the bad stuff as it sticks out like a sore thumb. On the other hand finding the positive things that they may have done is not that easy...
11833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/25/18 , edited 3/25/18

danagram [link url="/forumtopic-1016019/markus-meechan-count-dankula-has-been-convicted-for-grossly-offensive-


A country that you're not a citizen of doesn't have to set the bar that high to kick you out even if there are worst people out there.

Well the people you cited,or defended in various threads here are in fact alt right racist arsehole activists. Find us plain conservative Joe,who is protesting against something in a peaceful non vile manner.

It doesn't take much effort to point out the bad stuff as it sticks out like a sore thumb. On the other hand finding the positive things that they may have done is not that easy...


haha well you cant say the same about Muslims though hey? Ypu'll defend them to death, even if it means your or your children's own death. silly you.

EDIT:
555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 3/25/18 , edited 3/25/18

MrAnimeSK wrote:


danagram [link url="/forumtopic-1016019/markus-meechan-count-dankula-has-been-convicted-for-grossly-offensive-


A country that you're not a citizen of doesn't have to set the bar that high to kick you out even if there are worst people out there.

Well the people you cited,or defended in various threads here are in fact alt right racist arsehole activists. Find us plain conservative Joe,who is protesting against something in a peaceful non vile manner.

It doesn't take much effort to point out the bad stuff as it sticks out like a sore thumb. On the other hand finding the positive things that they may have done is not that easy...


haha well you cant say the same about Muslims though hey? Ypu'll defend them to death, even if it means your or your children's own death. silly you.

EDIT:


Muslims extremists are indeed a vile POS group of people,however that doesn't mean that we should apply it to every Muslim out there.

You're defending people who make it easier for the extremist groups to recruit,and hate us Those terrorists groups don't even have to come up with their own BS propaganda when they can just use a picture of Lauren Southern handing out flyers with "Allah is a gay god",or post a video of theses folks at a anti Muslim rally.

17431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Verginia
Offline
Posted 3/25/18 , edited 3/25/18
This is the uk so not supprised. The whole concept of freedom of speach is american. We even made it our first ammendment in direct responce to british tyrany. As a mater of historical fact the first 10 ammendments to the united states constitution were all in direct response to europian tyrony. The preamble says it all. We the people of the united states of america in order to form a more perfect union do ordain and establish this the constitution of the united states of america. With that one sentance we made it clear that the people, not a king, a house of lords or a committee of oligarchs give power to the government. And through the bill of rights. Made sure that it would stay that way.

This guy is a turd no two ways about it but in the us he would have a right to post his stupid vidio because even a 4 year old knows " sticks and stones will break my bones but names can never hurt me." Conflating stupid words with actual physical violence like the holicost or the hundreds of millions of people mao and stalin killed just diminishes actual facisim and comunist totalitarian violence.
mxdan 
11675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 3/25/18

bernardwheelerjr wrote:

This is the uk so not supprised. The whole concept of freedom of speach is american. We even made it our first ammendment in direct responce to british tyrany. As a mater of historical fact the first 10 ammendments to the united states constitution were all in direct response to europian tyrony. The preamble says it all. We the people of the united states of america in order to form a more perfect union do ordain and establish this the constitution of the united states of america. With that one sentance we made it clear that the people, not a king, a house of lords or a committee of oligarchs give power to the government. And through the bill of rights. Made sure that it would stay that way.

This guy is a turd no two ways about it but in the us he would have a right to post his stupid vidio because even a 4 year old knows " sticks and stones will break my bones but names can never hurt me." Conflating stupid words with actual physical violence like the holicost or the hundreds of millions of people mao and stalin killed just diminishes actual facisim and comunist totalitarian violence.


17431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Verginia
Offline
Posted 3/25/18 , edited 3/25/18
Voted by who? Communist china? Memes are not facts.
Fact the very first ammendement the united states constititution is freedom of speach
The first ammendment of the newzealand constitution is..... the ability for the government to ammend (revoke) any right ....freedom fail.

mxdan 
11675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 3/25/18 , edited 3/25/18

bernardwheelerjr wrote:

Voted by who? Communist china? Memes are not facts.
Fact the very first ammendement the united states constititution is freedom of speach
The first ammendment of the newzealand constitution is..... the ability for the government to ammend (revoke) any right in the newzealand constitution. Freedom fail



The Fraiser Institute:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10858183



"We also look at indicators of crime and violence, freedom of movement, legal discrimination against homosexuals, and women's freedoms."

The Fraser Institute is an independent Canadian public policy research and educational organisation.


----

Here's how we rank in economic freedom:

#18

https://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

----

Here's how we rank with Freedom of Press:

#43 out of 180

https://rsf.org/en/ranking

----

Here's the CATO institute Freedom index:


The top 10 jurisdictions in order were Switzerland, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia, Finland, Norway, Denmark, and, tied at 9th place, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. Selected countries rank as follows: Canada (11), Sweden (13), Germany (16), the United States (17), Japan (27), South Korea (29), France (33), Italy (35), Chile (37), South Africa (68), Mexico (73), Indonesia (78), Turkey (84), Kenya (89), Malaysia (97), India (102), United Arab Emirates (116), Russia (126), China (130), Nigeria (133), Pakistan (141), Zimbabwe (146), Saudi Arabia (149), Iran (154), Egypt (155), Venezuela (158), and Syria (159).


#17

https://www.cato.org/human-freedom-index

----

Not trying to bag on the U.S., we are pretty free. But when you sit here acting like the U.S. is the only place with freedom cause rights n' stuff you make us all look bad. Most westernized countries have some form of free speech.
17431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Verginia
Offline
Posted 3/25/18 , edited 3/25/18
Again the us has a 200+ years of leagal precident to fall back on. Noone has gone to jail in the us for posting a mooronic vidio of a pug doing annything. In fact the us has impeached officials for infringing on the verry first ammendment to the constitution. Sadly these days if people call out what is clearly biased opinion/ editorial posing as reporting those sources you quote will call it an "attack on journalism" well as long as it fits their biased view. Now you want a real attack on real journalism.... try to post an article about tienmen square around the anniversary in hong kong. Os say anything as a uieger in western china. Mention the dali lama... get a visit from the state police.

In poland it is now a jailable offense to mention polands colloberation in the hollicost.

And don't get me started on the restrictions eastern europe, russia, the middle east and the east indies impose on homosexuals.... in those places it goes from social outcast to death penalty real fast

My son is gay and i am proud that the united states was one of the first countrys to legalize gay marrage.

Abortian is illeagal in ireland.

In moast of your quoted top 10 gay marrage is illeagal and mentioning inconvienent historical facts will land you in jail or worse. And a woman can be stoned to death just because she was raped. And abortion is out of the question if that rape leads to a pregnancy in those "free" countries that won't stone her for the crime of "tempting" her rapist.

New zealand's abortion restrictions are positively draconian compared the us.

When it comes to freedom of moovement... beyond the ability to freely moove around in the worlds largest economic zone with nothing more than an enhanced drivers license .... are you shitting me... canada, the us, and mexico not counting various territories dwarfs any other free moovement zone. Hell uiegers in china are not allowed to leave the town they were born in. Worse if they have a cell phone they have to have huai's government spyware installed.

A d then there is the way the eu treats gypsies...
224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/25/18

bernardwheelerjr wrote:

Voted by who? Communist china? Memes are not facts.
Fact the very first ammendement the united states constititution is freedom of speach
The first ammendment of the newzealand constitution is..... the ability for the government to ammend (revoke) any right ....freedom fail.



He just linked a think tank organisation, nothing really to see here. If you read their report do pay close attention to their economic freedom metrics/sub metrics. You'll also see some references to police brutality and discrimination by the state throughout the other sections. I do agree with some their ratings like property rights with Civil forfeiture being a thing but yeah mostly just a another 'libertarian' think tank organisation presenting its subjective take on 'freedom'.
mxdan 
11675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 3/25/18 , edited 3/25/18

Cathugud wrote:


bernardwheelerjr wrote:

Voted by who? Communist china? Memes are not facts.
Fact the very first ammendement the united states constititution is freedom of speach
The first ammendment of the newzealand constitution is..... the ability for the government to ammend (revoke) any right ....freedom fail.



He just linked a think tank organisation, nothing really to see here. If you read their report do pay close attention to their economic freedom metrics/sub metrics. You'll also see some references to police brutality and discrimination by the state throughout the other sections. I do agree with some their ratings like property rights with Civil forfeiture being a thing but yeah mostly just a another 'libertarian' think tank organisation presenting its subjective take on 'freedom'.


Nice way to dismiss credibility on unrelated sources without actually giving any valuable information to discredit it. All the metrics post their criteria, feel free to post objective points not formulated on an opinion to discredit their metrics.

Here's the heritage process alone:


Q.3. How do you measure economic freedom?
We measure economic freedom based on 12 quantitative and qualitative factors, grouped into four broad categories, or pillars, of economic freedom:

Rule of Law (property rights, government integrity, judicial effectiveness)
Government Size (government spending, tax burden, fiscal health)
Regulatory Efficiency (business freedom, labor freedom, monetary freedom)
Open Markets (trade freedom, investment freedom, financial freedom)
Each of the twelve economic freedoms within these categories is graded on a scale of 0 to 100. A country’s overall score is derived by averaging these twelve economic freedoms, with equal weight being given to each. More information on the grading and methodology can be found in the appendix.


The site has no reason to take part in partisan falsehoods and no discernible reason to lie. Theyve been doing the same thing for 20 years and are taken seriously by most economists.

mxdan 
11675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 3/25/18

bernardwheelerjr wrote:

Again the us has a 200+ years of leagal precident to fall back on. Noone has gone to jail in the us for posting a mooronic vidio of a pug doing annything. In fact the us has impeached officials for infringing on the verry first ammendment to the constitution. Sadly these days if people call out what is clearly biased opinion/ editorial posing as reporting those sources you quote will call it an "attack on journalism" well as long as it fits their biased view. Now you want a real attack on real journalism.... try to post an article about tienmen square around the anniversary in hong kong. Os say anything as a uieger in western china. Mention the dali lama... get a visit from the state police.

In poland it is now a jailable offense to mention polands colloberation in the hollicost.

And don't get me started on the restrictions eastern europe, russia, the middle east and the east indies impose on homosexuals.... in those places it goes from social outcast to death penalty real fast

My son is gay and i am proud that the united states was one of the first countrys to legalize gay marrage.

Abortian is illeagal in ireland.

In moast of your quoted top 10 gay marrage is illeagal and mentioning inconvienent historical facts will land you in jail or worse. And a woman can be stoned to death just because she was raped. And abortion is out of the question if that rape leads to a pregnancy in those "free" countries that won't stone her for the crime of "tempting" her rapist.

New zealand's abortion restrictions are positively draconian compared the us.

When it comes to freedom of moovement... beyond the ability to freely moove around in the worlds largest economic zone with nothing more than an enhanced drivers license .... are you shitting me... canada, the us, and mexico not counting various territories dwarfs any other free moovement zone. Hell uiegers in china are not allowed to leave the town they were born in. Worse if they have a cell phone they have to have huai's government spyware installed.

A d then there is the way the eu treats gypsies...


All of those are factors that affect outcomes, yes. But as shown if you look at the links there are a myriad of factors that go into outcomes. One could easily find things that effect the U.S. treatment in the list -- Trans treatment in the military more recently, the treatment of the poor, small business hardship to get into certain monopolies, or a large portion of the press willingly posting half truths and lies. America isn't a perfect freedom bubble in a sea of oppression. Have an honest outlook on the country and maybe things can be even better here.

224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 29 days ago , edited 29 days ago

mxdan wrote:


Cathugud wrote:


bernardwheelerjr wrote:

Voted by who? Communist china? Memes are not facts.
Fact the very first ammendement the united states constititution is freedom of speach
The first ammendment of the newzealand constitution is..... the ability for the government to ammend (revoke) any right ....freedom fail.



He just linked a think tank organisation, nothing really to see here. If you read their report do pay close attention to their economic freedom metrics/sub metrics. You'll also see some references to police brutality and discrimination by the state throughout the other sections. I do agree with some their ratings like property rights with Civil forfeiture being a thing but yeah mostly just a another 'libertarian' think tank organisation presenting its subjective take on 'freedom'.


Nice way to dismiss credibility on unrelated sources without actually giving any valuable information to discredit it. All the metrics post their criteria, feel free to post objective points not formulated on an opinion to discredit their metrics.



Emphasising someone to read certain sections of a massive fuckoff report to reduce the amount of time they waste isn't the same as dismissing credibility.

I also didn't directly quote you for a one very important reason (Well two if you're including not wasting time), I do not want to derail the thread further but you responded so here we are.

Edit: For snidewolf , I said I didn't directly quote him for the reason of further derailment, I did not state that I wasn't technically derailing the thread by commenting on the freedom index. I was going to comment on it either way but I intended to respond to the topic by trying to comment in a way that didn't result in extended discussion/argument. This is my last post on this thread concerning this.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.