First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply God of War (2018)
mxdan 
12059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 3/23/18 , edited 4/17/18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFbXR3-MQC0


Many years have passed since Kratos took his vengeance against the Olympian gods. Having survived his final encounter with his father Zeus, Kratos now lives with his young son Atreus in the world of the Norse gods, a savage land inhabited by many ferocious monsters and warriors. In order to teach his son how to survive in such a world, Kratos must master the rage that has driven him for many years and embrace his newfound role as a father and mentor. Kratos must also contend with the Norse gods themselves as they are taking precautions against him, due to them being aware of his role in the destruction of Olympus. Over the course of their time together, Atreus learns more about his father's complicated and shady past, while struggling with whether to be like his father or choose to be his own person.



Anyone looking forward to this one as much as I am?
Humms 
13382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Online
Posted 3/23/18 , edited 3/23/18
Looks ok.

I like the setting.


I'll wait for a sale
12728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Online
Posted 3/23/18 , edited 3/24/18
I have absolutely no interest at all in the new God of War.
mxdan 
12059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 3/23/18 , edited 3/24/18

StriderShinryu wrote:

I have absolutely no interest at all in the new God of War.


What about the old ones?
12728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Online
Posted 3/23/18 , edited 3/24/18

mxdan wrote:


StriderShinryu wrote:

I have absolutely no interest at all in the new God of War.


What about the old ones?


I played the first one and enjoyed it a little at the time, largely because I was (and still am to some degree) a nut for Greek/Roman mythology, but I never really cared at all about Kratos. He's just such a bore of a character to me and as the series went on it just became more and more about Kratos and less about the mythology. I also found the combat gameplay pretty lackluster compared to other spectacle fighters that came out around the same time.

mxdan 
12059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 3/23/18 , edited 3/24/18

StriderShinryu wrote:


mxdan wrote:


StriderShinryu wrote:

I have absolutely no interest at all in the new God of War.


What about the old ones?


I played the first one and enjoyed it a little at the time, largely because I was (and still am to some degree) a nut for Greek/Roman mythology, but I never really cared at all about Kratos. He's just such a bore of a character to me and as the series went on it just became more and more about Kratos and less about the mythology. I also found the combat gameplay pretty lackluster compared to other spectacle fighters that came out around the same time.



To be honest i enjoyed them all pretty equally (with 2 edging out a bit). I think one has the potential to be even better then the former ones. Reason being is I think god of war is finally hitting a resonance that isn't superficial. The other games just played on rage story wise and while they had great game design and sequences they weren't that layered. From what I've read this one is about Kratos trying to do one thing commendable and pure despite all the destruction he's caused and the dynamic between his son and him.

I think this game is more then likely entirely different than its predecessors.
228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/23/18 , edited 3/24/18
I loved the first god of war but when you start wiping out an significant portion of the Greek pantheon the gods lose their 'god' status and that really ruins the immersion and feeling of fighting gods for me.

I didn't mind the cinematic trailer I saw for this one so I might look into it but I don't play video games a lot anymore.
480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / NC
Offline
Posted 3/31/18 , edited 3/31/18
I'll rent God Of War 2018 at Redbox later next month.
4516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/7/18 , edited 4/7/18
I was a fan of God of War series until the transition to action-rpg-ish.. looks boring.. I'm sure you can just beat this game in 10-15 hours.. so i'll just rent it..
396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/18 , edited 4/7/18
I've played the other GoW games, and the new one that's coming out looks a little iffy, they're taking an interesting approach to the series. Just gonna pick it up on release and hope that the game turns out well.
mxdan 
12059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 4/12/18 , edited 4/12/18
This game looks even better then I originally thought:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/12/god-of-war-review?watch
4972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/14/18 , edited 4/14/18
Dropping on 4/20 y'all!

mxdan 
12059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 4/16/18 , edited 4/17/18

Potaku wrote:

Dropping on 4/20 y'all!



Yes sir, getting mine day one.

https://screenrant.com/god-war-best-ps4-games-all-time/
5497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / California
Offline
Posted 4/16/18 , edited 4/17/18
Hyped! It'll be my first game purchase since Dark Souls 3 a year ago.
3672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/17/18 , edited 4/17/18

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

I was a fan of God of War series until the transition to action-rpg-ish.. looks boring.. I'm sure you can just beat this game in 10-15 hours.. so i'll just rent it..


I actually commented that it looks like a behind the shoulder Diablo Barbarian game.

All the reviews are saying it takes 20-30 hours to just complete the story. Longer to 100%
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.