First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Accepting the NEET(not in education, employment or training) lifestyle
2031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 21 days ago
So I've been thinking...

I feel as though some people are put in a stuck situation, and that only allows them to find a way and a place that appreciates what you appreciate. As a fellow lover of art, Japan and music, I find anime to be MY leeway into this parallel universe that takes me beyond comprehension. I think the point I'm trying to make is does anybody find anime to be a vital support for yourself? I want to hear other people's take on how anime became aware to them, and how anime trances them. Because when I watch anime I tend to relate way more than I should, I was watching Watamote(anime about girl with social anxiety), and it's crazy how it made me react. I felt as though these animes summon a will to live. Hi I'm Zen, here stuck on this Earth for the sake of the people who care about me more than I do, curious about other peoples lives who possibly think that no one cares about. I am the one who was impaired by these real world tragedies, with weakness in obvious places and strength in places no one would've guessed.
qwueri 
22822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago
2031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
nani
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago
Anime and gaming is a great escape, albeit a temporary one. Like all good fiction can be, it offers us to put on hold the mundane and can inspire creativity.

Back on topic, if you can live that way and have the means to, and can do so not in a way that is harmful to another, I see no condescending reason to judge. I salute you.
643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / England, Norfolk,...
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 7 days ago
Stop
trying
to
be
a
philosopher
Humms 
12570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Online
Posted 22 days ago , edited 7 days ago
Give it 3 years tops before you change your tune.

There is no NEET lifestyle, just laziness.

You relate way more than you should because you yourself accept this so called lifestyle as a lifestyle, when it's just getting sucked into a vicious circle.

Give it time, time heals everything.... even your excuses.

Anime isn't this godsend, it's just one of many achievements of entertainment. Overtime the format will ultimately change with the current generation and modern focus.

So if you want to keep telling yourself that you accept this "Lifestyle", you go right ahead.
11421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 21 days ago
This reminds me of my own NEET journey.

https://www.gofundme.com/3ox0teg

please fund me so I can be a NEET and live my dream life.
3787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / North America
Online
Posted 22 days ago , edited 21 days ago
I am currently NEET not because I want to but because of two things, the stupid city I live in requires that you either have a drivers licence or 5 years of experience to do anything, and fear, I am scared that I am going to get a crappy job that will bore me too death...
18415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 21 days ago

Koji_Protolight wrote:

I am currently NEET not because I want to but because of two things, the stupid city I live in requires that you either have a drivers licence or 5 years of experience to do anything, and fear, I am scared that I am going to get a crappy job that will bore me too death...


Move somewhere else?
643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / England, Norfolk,...
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 17 days ago
Read Jordan Peterson's "12 rules for life"
2031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 21 days ago , edited 21 days ago
thanks snide wolf for positive vibez!! But its not like I dont want to do anything with my life, hell I want to be musician! Be my own foundation and rely on nothing but my creative prowess. And why cant i philosophize about where my life is at? I do it every second. Saliva I wish you luck on ur neet go fund me xD(thats hilarious).

...


Koji_Protolight wrote:

I am currently NEET not because I want to but because of two things, the stupid city I live in requires that you either have a drivers licence or 5 years of experience to do anything, and fear, I am scared that I am going to get a crappy job that will bore me too death...


I can relate, i didnt choose the neet life, the neet chose me. I cant even get a job because of my legal status..


2428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / US
Offline
Posted 21 days ago
You should watch My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Hachiman is also a very relatable character for us loners
13283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / AH / Helipad
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
Having hobbies that put you at ease is good. Becoming too dependent on hobbies that put you at ease, and avoiding some of the more challenging aspects of life, is not good. If you never walk outside your comfort zone, nothing will change even if you want things to change.


ronchester44 wrote:

Read Jordan Peterson's "12 rules for life"


^Also, this

15566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

avowofsilence wrote:

So I've been thinking...

I feel as though some people are put in a stuck situation, and that only allows them to find a way and a place that appreciates what you appreciate. As a fellow lover of art, Japan and music, I find anime to be MY leeway into this parallel universe that takes me beyond comprehension. I think the point I'm trying to make is does anybody find anime to be a vital support for yourself? I want to hear other people's take on how anime became aware to them, and how anime trances them. Because when I watch anime I tend to relate way more than I should, I was watching Watamote(anime about girl with social anxiety), and it's crazy how it made me react. I felt as though these animes summon a will to live. Hi I'm Zen, here stuck on this Earth for the sake of the people who care about me more than I do, curious about other peoples lives who possibly think that no one cares about. I am the one who was impaired by these real world tragedies, with weakness in obvious places and strength in places no one would've guessed.


Everyone has their escape. Some people follow religions, some people drink alcohol, others use drugs. Some people lose themselves being obsessive over another human. Humans are highly cognitive beings, thus we look for meaning in everything. It's why we find patterns even when things are sometimes random. As Carl Jung said, As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being."

Like most things that people tend to try and place meaning towards, a lot of it will just be your own subjective truth vs some objective reality. Some of it will be beneficial for you and others will be a hindrance. Think less and just enjoy life.
30705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

Shipwright wrote:

Having hobbies that put you at ease is good. Becoming too dependent on hobbies that put you at ease, and avoiding some of the more challenging aspects of life, is not good. If you never walk outside your comfort zone, nothing will change even if you want things to change.


ronchester44 wrote:

Read Jordan Peterson's "12 rules for life"


^Also, this



you will die in the end anyhow might as just lead a hedonistic life
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.