First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Umamusume: Pretty Derby Discussion
251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Meh
Offline
Posted 4/1/18
If only that molester was not one of the characters in the show, it's going to get super awkward and creepy with that guy around. Especially when the first thing you see him do is grope a girls upper thigh from behind twice in a row.
11930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Chaldea Security...
Offline
Posted 4/1/18

Azure2290 wrote:

If only that molester was not one of the characters in the show, it's going to get super awkward and creepy with that guy around. Especially when the first thing you see him do is grope a girls upper thigh from behind twice in a row.


Agreed, he's gonna ge told quick. I really hope the mobile game comes over.-. Bring it over Cygames!
119174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/1/18 , edited 4/1/18
So. That was pretty stupid and disgusting.
805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Europe
Offline
Posted 4/1/18
I was despite the odd cute moments overall put off by this anime. Yeah, I get it is meant to be fun and not taken too seriously, but the big BUT here for me was from the very start (like with all other shows of a similar type) why the heck only girls??? Where are the horse-boys in this world? I can't really, when it all comes down to it in the final analysis, find it all that cute an idea that young girls are raised to do nothing but race for the entertainment of "normal people" simply because they were born a certain way. And those who don't become successful racers, I guess are to be considered failures. A "Pretty Derby" indeed! Besides the treatment and fate of real race horses isn't the nicest in the real world either.
runec 
38946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/1/18 , edited 4/1/18

domvina wrote:
Running that's proper running instead of the ninja/Naruto BS.


It really wasn't though? Their form is kind of crap and when they Gotta Go Fast it's terrible.
Shizuka was just Naruto but moving her arms.

Given the incline = speed thing the show is doing the final race in ep 12 will be:






qwueri 
23356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Online
Posted 4/1/18
So going from the opening graphic, horse girls are the spiritual ascension of a dude fucking a horse and their baby transferring to a human mother?

Joking aside, I'm seeing nothing in the first episode worth watching. The premise is kind of creepy no matter how you look at it, the molestor dude was hella creepy, the jokes weren't funny, the action was boring, the character chemistry was rote as hell, and the cgi was so stiff and ugly that even as filler it sucked the life out of the accompanying scenes. I guess maybe if you're just in it for ___-girls, but they're obviously underage so yeah: ew. This show manages to stumble out of the gate as kind of gross and progresses to kind of boring. I think it was morbid curiosity that carried me through the entire first episode.
11930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Chaldea Security...
Offline
Posted 4/1/18

qwueri wrote:

So going from the opening graphic, horse girls are the spiritual ascension of a dude fucking a horse and their baby transferring to a human mother?

Joking aside, I'm seeing nothing in the first episode worth watching. The premise is kind of creepy no matter how you look at it, the molestor dude was hella creepy, the jokes weren't funny, the action was boring, the character chemistry was rote as hell, and the cgi was so stiff and ugly that even as filler it sucked the life out of the accompanying scenes. I guess maybe if you're just in it for ___-girls, but they're obviously underage so yeah: ew. This show manages to stumble out of the gate as kind of gross and progresses to kind of boring. I think it was morbid curiosity that carried me through the entire first episode.


How do we know their underage? It's a god damn animal lol.

Not starting stuff, doubt I'll stick with this anime. Which sucks because the trailer had me interested but stupid molester trainer dude kills any hope I have of this being a "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" anime.
qwueri 
23356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Online
Posted 4/1/18

HopexLight wrote:

How do we know their underage? It's a god damn animal lol.

Not starting stuff, doubt I'll stick with this anime. Which sucks because the trailer had me interested but stupid molester trainer dude kills any hope I have of this being a "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" anime.



11930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Chaldea Security...
Offline
Posted 4/1/18

qwueri wrote:


HopexLight wrote:

How do we know their underage? It's a god damn animal lol.

Not starting stuff, doubt I'll stick with this anime. Which sucks because the trailer had me interested but stupid molester trainer dude kills any hope I have of this being a "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" anime.





Maybe the fact that I only watched episode one. Well then...
8723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Online
Posted 4/1/18 , edited 4/1/18
I'm going to have to say that this show is... perfect! I couldn't help myself smiling.Tthis big goofy grin was plastered on my face throughout the entire time and, when the end credits to the 2nd episode came on with that catchy as hell song and the fun, poppy graphics I was smiling even wider! I had so much fun watching this, from the goofy gags and the exciting races to the enjoyable cast. I didn't like the trainer but I expect his antics to die down over the course of the show. I was almost crying when her backstory was revealed and she was talking to Suzuka about how she was doing this for the memory of her mom and telling her about how her adopted mom helped her to achieve her and her dreams. I'm just a sucker for that sort of stuff.

This show just happens to cross over three of my favorite things: track and field, cute horse girls, and idols. What more could I possibly ask for. (I mean, I wish there was a more serious take on sprinting in anime, where they DO go more in-depth about the intricacies of honing ones technique and the excess training, mentally and physically, sprinters go through. The hardships, sweat and tears that they go through and the rush of competition with people who are all reaching for the same goal, handled in a much more harsh, realistic way, but I'm fine with this, until that's made.)

Definitely sticking through this until the end!

Also, Pinkie Pie, is that you?
45264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/1/18

runec wrote:


heir form is kind of crap and when they Gotta Go Fast it's terrible.




Perhaps. I was more thinking of how they swing their arms instead of letting them drag behind them which was shown to be the least efficient way to run in one study. (Shockingly someone did actually do a series of tests of assorted fictional running stances.)

The "Gotta Go Fast" leaning forward trope is all over fiction. The speedsters of the DC and Marvel universes are especially guilty of it. It plays into an illusion in art of enhanced motion by shifting the balance of the subject forward even though in real life runners keep their center of gravity over their legs. It also plays into people's experiences that when facing a stiff wind they have to lean into it which creates a certain expectation that someone going at superhuman speeds would similarly need to lean forward against the resistance.
2086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/1/18 , edited 4/2/18
the Molestor bugged me some, but, real world trainers will check a horses legs that way.

And he isn't going away, he represents the Player of the game.
45264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/1/18

Tyrconnell wrote:
why not girls who are also horses?


"Famous" ones at that according to the intro. (I'm not a follower of horse racing so I have no idea if the names are of actual race horses.)

As you say, the premise seems to be "famous" horses in one reality, presumably ours, die and their spirits are reborn in the girls of the series' reality. It's borrowing pretty heavily on the KanColle trope.
8723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Online
Posted 4/1/18 , edited 4/1/18
I think the horses attitudes or quirks are also related to their real life personas, Urara being based off of a Japanese horse known for a large losing streak when they debuted and her being the slowest one in her race and being tired out near the start.

Also, yeah, I wish the running form was truer to real life sprinting but they're horse girls, not real runners, so I'm not that worried about it. It did put me off a little bit at first though.
21185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Texas
Online
Posted 4/1/18 , edited 4/1/18
This ALMOST gave me horse cancer. But at a second watch, I realized Japan can pretty much do anything; not sure if should?

Also I have very little hope for the one named glue aright.

Overall I give this anime a pass, because Japan.

God help us all.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.