First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Call for Writers!!
Sr Social Media Guy
31308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / San Francisco
Online
Posted 21 days ago , edited 13 days ago
EDIT: Submissions are closed!!

Hello Crunchyroll Fans!!

We are on the lookout for more writers! Our Crunchyroll News and Features teams are doing incredible work, and for the first time, we want to open the doors to anyone who’s interested to be a part of it!

Starting this week, we’re accepting pitches for feature articles that examine, explore, and celebrate the new titles in the Spring Simulcast Season. We’re looking for strong perspectives and opinions that are well-reasoned and original. Want to dig into the real history that frames the story of Golden Kamuy? Which Persona 5 side-stories would make the best anime episodes? Is Sword Art Online better or worse without Kirito at its helm? There’s so much to write about, here’s your chance to do it for the biggest audience in the anime community!

Crunchyroll Feature articles are typically between 700 and 1,200 words, and are primarily edited for accuracy and grammar, though the Features team reserves the right to make all decisions. We’re looking for fun and engaging content, but are open to more academic-styled pieces in the right circumstances. Listicles are not preferred, but again, anything can make it through with the right pitch. We’re hoping to broaden our team’s perspectives on anime - so try to give us angles and insights different from what you already see on Crunchyroll.

All writers are paid on a per-assignment basis, and will need to sign a fairly standard contract prior to invoicing. After you’ve been set up in the system, all invoices are paid net-15 after the invoice has been approved.

To send us a pitch, please e-mail us at [[REDACTED]] with the following specifications:

Please use “Crunchyroll Features Article Pitch - [[Your First & Last Names]]” as the e-mail subject line. To be clear, we’d like you to replace the “[[Your First & Last Names]]” with your actual first and last names.

In the body of the e-mail, please provide us with your legal name and e-mail address, along with a proposed headline and a 50-word description of what the article would look like. Additionally, please send us at least two (2) writing samples from previous work you’ve done, either professionally or personally, with at least one sample relating to anime or manga. You are welcome to include a resume and cover letter as well, though they are not required.

If you have any other message you would like the features staff to send, feel free to include after the pitch in italics.

Any pitches that do not conform to the above will not be considered or read. The features editorial team may not reply to all e-mails - please do not send multiple e-mails to this address. We will not be able to give feedback to writers whose pitches are not accepted. All information shared in these e-mails should be considered confidential and is collected for the purpose of generating legal documents should your pitch get accepted.

As always, please use your best judgement if you’ve got questions, or hit me up here or on Twitter at @MilesExpress999. Thanks, and we’re looking forward to seeing your work!
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 21 days ago , edited 21 days ago
Hi! Just sent my work in and wanted to let you know that the Mail Delivery Subsystem replies with a potential error message when an email is sent to [email protected] . It's probably okay, but it could cause some confusion for applicants.

Good luck with the search!
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 21 days ago , edited 21 days ago

Achromatica wrote:

Hi! Just sent my work in and wanted to let you know that the Mail Delivery Subsystem replies with a potential error message when an email is sent to [email protected] . It's probably okay, but it could cause some confusion for applicants.

Good luck with the search!


Same here. Says "(features) may not exist". Good luck everyone!
1793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 21 days ago , edited 21 days ago
......
3878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Guatemala
Offline
Posted 21 days ago , edited 19 days ago
Got a question here.

Currently, there is only one Spanish (LATAM) writer. Can i participate to be added to that region or it just counts for English-American region?
Imiran 
36 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 21 days ago , edited 21 days ago
I also have a question, too, to be precise 2 questions:
1. There are no writers (apart from me) in Azerbaijani speaking community, should I write in 2 languages?
2. All my previous works are in Azerbaijani and Russian. Should I translate them and send?
Sr Social Media Guy
31308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / San Francisco
Online
Posted 21 days ago , edited 18 days ago

Imiran wrote:

I also have a question, too, to be precise 2 questions:
1. There are no writers (apart from me) in Azerbaijani speaking community, should I write in 2 languages?
2. All my previous works are in Azerbaijani and Russian. Should I translate them and send?


1. I'm only looking for English-language features right now, so please submit in English!
2. On that same note, please do - but only if you'd be willing to write them exclusively in English.

I can reach out to our Russian-language lead as well if you include Russian-language writing samples, but this effort is focused on EN.



jbmhbleach97 wrote:

Got a question here.

Currently, there is only one Spanish (LATAM) writer. Can i participate to be added to that region or it just counts for English-American region?


This call for writers is strictly EN-focused. I can pass on your information to the Spanish-language team, but I'm not sure they're recruiting right now.


Achromatica wrote:

Hi! Just sent my work in and wanted to let you know that the Mail Delivery Subsystem replies with a potential error message when an email is sent to [email protected] . It's probably okay, but it could cause some confusion for applicants.

Good luck with the search!


The e-mail is accepting external mail as of 11:00am PST yesterday, sorry for the trouble though!
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 18 days ago
@MilesExpress999
Hey-o! I have one question before I can send in an article. Can I write using an alias? I do have a legit real life reason for doing that, reason that I'd rather not say. And it's fine if you people don't accept writers who use aliases. I just figured I should at least ask.

On the off-chance that you guys would accept a writer who uses an alias, I would be happy to submit a piece!
Sr Social Media Guy
31308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / San Francisco
Online
Posted 19 days ago , edited 18 days ago

Xanedis wrote:

@MilesExpress999
Hey-o! I have one question before I can send in an article. Can I write using an alias? I do have a legit real life reason for doing that, reason that I'd rather not say. And it's fine if you people don't accept writers who use aliases. I just figured I should at least ask.

On the off-chance that you guys would accept a writer who uses an alias, I would be happy to submit a piece! :D


Send in your writing sample and we can talk
37 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / O
Offline
Posted 19 days ago , edited 18 days ago
Hello, I had two questions

1. Is possible to go by a penname? And how would you go about submitting under one.
2. Would crunchyroll be interested in a series of articles about some of their older offerings and movies? Like piece on the premise of "A Wind Named Amnesia" or article about the impact then and now of "Akira?" Maybe something about the enduring popularity of Cowboy Bebop?

Thank you for you time.
xMadao 
86 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 19 days ago , edited 18 days ago
I must write the samples in the message or can I provide a link to google docs or something like that?
12020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Canada / UK
Offline
Posted 19 days ago , edited 18 days ago
I've been waiting for an opportunity like this! Sent off an email - hope to hear back soon!
17 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 19 days ago , edited 18 days ago
I just read the forum again and I only realized you only need to send pitch for now? I just sent an email along with the written article attached already. Should I send an email again?
17061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Greenville, SC
Offline
Posted 18 days ago , edited 16 days ago
Hello,

I am very interested in sending a pitch for an article pertaining to Darling in the Franxx; however, the only writing samples I currently have are either academic in nature (pertaining to film analysis, predominately) and video game reviews/analysis. I work as a college professor and am somewhat restricted in terms of what I can research and publish. I would love to have this opportunity to expand my research and writing beyond academia. Would it be all right if I send the writing samples I have even though they do not directly relate to anime or manga? If not, I completely understand. I just did not want to send them without asking and have the email disregarded. Thank you.
xMadao 
86 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 18 days ago , edited 18 days ago

MilesExpress999 wrote:

...In the body of the e-mail, please provide us with your legal name and e-mail address, along with a proposed headline and a 50-word description of what the article would look like. Additionally, please send us at least two (2) writing samples from previous work you’ve done, either professionally or personally, with at least one sample relating to anime or manga. You are welcome to include a resume and cover letter as well, though they are not required.


Sorry but this part wasn't very clear for me, should I propose a headline and give a description about how I would create an article or do I need to actually write an article and give a brief explanation (50-word description) of what I put in it?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.