First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Amanchu! Advance Discussion
241850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 4/8/18 , edited 4/8/18
Oh man, this show has the same mood and feel of the first season and that's very pleasant.



Kinda wish this aired for Summer as it's a more fitting show for that season but this will do too. (there's Grand Blue for Summer)

Beautiful first episode. Seeing everyone return is just wonderful.
8897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/8/18 , edited 4/8/18
Teko needs to put a ring on it . If memory serves this isn't supposed to be yuri, but it could be taken that way from season one and still in the present.

The cats are adorable as always - they stole the ED screen time too.
9150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/18 , edited 4/8/18
Everything is right in the world again. I also didn't realize how much I missed those silly faces.
1451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Beneath the stars.
Offline
Posted 4/8/18 , edited 4/8/18
Awww, Teko confessed. That was pretty adorable.
73674 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 4/14/18 , edited 4/14/18
Episode 2

Teko is back home attending a funeral, while Pikari meets Kokoro by the sea who is trying to get tanned to look manly. Kokoro sure is into octopi seeing that she's always watching it, and is inspired by the octopus mom. And then it's the summer festival as Teko is back and the club is watching the fireworks show. Pikari has carefully prepared the club with VIP seating for the event, and it brought back some great memories for the club advisor. Then the next day, Kokoro is depressed with the octopus gone after it fought that eel, and she died, but the eggs remain safe as they all hatch. Pikari sure did let her passion flow, all while Kokoro is really into octopi.
241850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 4/14/18 , edited 4/14/18
Yup, I definitely feel the show is better suited to air for Summer. Still a pretty neat episode with the festival.

Pikari really can make friends with just about anyone. The yutaka outfits on the girls looked very pretty.
8897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/14/18 , edited 4/14/18
Same as last week.... Teko! Put a ring on it! You have mini competition.
73674 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 4/14/18 , edited 4/15/18

stark700 wrote:

Yup, I definitely feel the show is better suited to air for Summer. Still a pretty neat episode with the festival.


Yeah, I was surprised that it ended up in the spring lineup instead of the summer, but the summer will still have plenty of summer-themed shows with Free!, Harukana Receive, Grand Blue, and Island. Not to mention, there's already another scuba diving show in it.
12923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Charlotte, NC
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

HowlingLotus wrote:

Same as last week.... Teko! Put a ring on it! You have mini competition.


I've been wondering if that could happen, and I half hope that it would (not because i'd like yuri) because two things: it would mean Hikari and Futaba would be able to be together forever, which would be right for the world; and no other anime we ever see could make it more genuine and real.
I haven't read the manga due to not being able to read Japanese or Italian; but I'll go wherever this story wants to go.
That said, I'm wondering if Kokoro isn't actually a boy.. seems like one to me. Considering what that name actually means, I feel like there's some beautiful symbolism implied by having him- or her- suddenly appear. And what they see in the ocean with the octopus could be some symbolic foreshadowing- of what I kind of worry!
45710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18
This series as still as wonderful as its first season.

When the fireworks started in my head I yelled "Tamaya" then Pikari joined in.
8897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

KingKaio wrote:


HowlingLotus wrote:

Same as last week.... Teko! Put a ring on it! You have mini competition.


I've been wondering if that could happen, and I half hope that it would (not because i'd like yuri) because two things: it would mean Hikari and Futaba would be able to be together forever, which would be right for the world; and no other anime we ever see could make it more genuine and real.
I haven't read the manga due to not being able to read Japanese or Italian; but I'll go wherever this story wants to go.
That said, I'm wondering if Kokoro isn't actually a boy.. seems like one to me. Considering what that name actually means, I feel like there's some beautiful symbolism implied by having him- or her- suddenly appear. And what they see in the ocean with the octopus could be some symbolic foreshadowing- of what I kind of worry!



They've been dangling the yuri carrot in our faces since Season 1 and they sort of confessed to each other this season, but it seemed to come off more of a "I love you as a close friend". We see these emotions more in Futuba as she isn't as wild and free as Hikari, but they both blush a lot in each others presence and like to speed time together so who knows.

In regards to Kokoro - I'm not so sure yet. I don't think they're being lined up as a trap character and it could simply be that she is a tomboy.
12738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Online
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

HowlingLotus wrote:


They've been dangling the yuri carrot in our faces since Season 1 and they sort of confessed to each other this season, but it seemed to come off more of a "I love you as a close friend". We see these emotions more in Futuba as she isn't as wild and free as Hikari, but they both blush a lot in each others presence and like to speed time together so who knows.



The way I took this episode is almost that Teko maybe does have genuine romantic feelings for Pikari, but Pikari sees the "love" as more of a general friendship type love that she has for almost everyone. I was really hoping Teko would say or do more about her feelings and displeasure at Pikari's "date" but this just isn't that sort of show as it would be more serious and less happy, happy. Just my take though and I'm always doubtful we'll see a show actually go full yuri unless it says so on the tin.
20818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 4/16/18 , edited 4/16/18
Don't let reality be dreams sensei.

12923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Charlotte, NC
Offline
Posted 4/16/18 , edited 4/17/18

HowlingLotus wrote:


KingKaio wrote:


HowlingLotus wrote:

Same as last week.... Teko! Put a ring on it! You have mini competition.


I've been wondering if that could happen, and I half hope that it would (not because i'd like yuri) because two things: it would mean Hikari and Futaba would be able to be together forever, which would be right for the world; and no other anime we ever see could make it more genuine and real.
I haven't read the manga due to not being able to read Japanese or Italian; but I'll go wherever this story wants to go.
That said, I'm wondering if Kokoro isn't actually a boy.. seems like one to me. Considering what that name actually means, I feel like there's some beautiful symbolism implied by having him- or her- suddenly appear. And what they see in the ocean with the octopus could be some symbolic foreshadowing- of what I kind of worry!



They've been dangling the yuri carrot in our faces since Season 1 and they sort of confessed to each other this season, but it seemed to come off more of a "I love you as a close friend". We see these emotions more in Futuba as she isn't as wild and free as Hikari, but they both blush a lot in each others presence and like to speed time together so who knows.

In regards to Kokoro - I'm not so sure yet. I don't think they're being lined up as a trap character and it could simply be that she is a tomboy.


I wouldn't consider any relationship between Hikari and Futaba to be 'yuri'. That term is more of a slang term, for a fetishized gay relationship in anime. The love I see between those two is genuine. Even if it becomes romantic (I doubt it) this would be more than what the anime world passes off as yuri. And I don't see Kokoro as a trap either.. that's like fetishized cross dressing. I think Kokoro is possibly a boy, wearing boy's clothes by the looks of it
1451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Beneath the stars.
Offline
Posted 4/16/18 , edited 4/17/18

KingKaio wrote:



I wouldn't consider any relationship between Hikari and Futaba to be 'yuri'. That term is more of a slang term, for a fetishized gay relationship in anime. The love I see between those two is genuine. Even if it becomes romantic (I doubt it) this would be more than what the anime world passes off as yuri. And I don't see Kokoro as a trap either.. that's like fetishized cross dressing. I think Kokoro is possibly a boy, wearing boy's clothes by the looks of it


Yuri is a really broad term that basically denotes any and all stories involving romance or sexual attraction between two or more female characters. It covers everything from old school class S relationship stories written by female authors for female audiences to hardcore fetishized hentai made by and for male audiences and everything in between.

Aside for all the blushing and how flustered both Hikari and Futaba become when they talk about their feelings for each other the one thing that really makes me question if their isn't another dimension to their friendship is the way Hikari will just strait out stare at and admire Futaba, particularly in the early episodes. The first time Hikari sees Futaba riding away on the scooter she is practically mesmerized by her presence and that's really the sort of thing you see another person do when they catch a glimpse of somebody they find extremely attractive. Hikari's initial attraction to Futaba has nothing to do with her personality because they haven't even talked at this point and yet she immediately became fixated on her. I even remember Hikari making various comments on just how beautiful she finds Futaba.

It's certainly not conclusive, but it definitely seems like there may be some sort of attraction between the two, even if it is one sided.





First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.