First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Drugs anyone?
16750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Online
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18
Pretty much as the title suggests, I would like to personally condone and evangelize the value of a good "trip". Growing up in the US with the whole "war on drugs" bullshit most people brush to the side things like LSD and Mushrooms as neurotoxic, killing brain cells, or just bad behavior in general - which is incorrect. Not everything is black tar heroin.

LSD: The Experience
In a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover study, LSD (200 μg) and placebo were administered to 16 healthy subjects (8 women, 8 men). Outcome measures included psychometric scales; investigator ratings; PPI of the acoustic startle response; and autonomic, endocrine, and adverse effects.
Administration of LSD to healthy subjects produced pronounced alterations in waking consciousness that lasted 12 hours. The predominant effects induced by LSD included visual hallucinations, audiovisual synesthesia, and positively experienced derealization and depersonalization phenomena. Subjective well-being, happiness, closeness to others, openness, and trust were increased by LSD. Compared with placebo, LSD decreased PPI. LSD significantly increased blood pressure, heart rate, body temperature, pupil size, plasma cortisol, prolactin, oxytocin, and epinephrine. Adverse effects produced by LSD completely subsided within 72 hours. No severe acute adverse effects were observed. The parahippocampal cortex (PHC) has previously been linked with (1) music-evoked emotion, (2) the action of psychedelics, and (3) mental imagery. Imaging analyses therefore focused on changes in the connectivity profile of this particular structure. Twelve healthy volunteers received intravenously administered LSD (75µg) and, on a separate occasion, placebo, before being scanned under eyes-closed resting conditions with and without music-listening. Results revealed increased PHC-visual cortex (VC) functional connectivity and PHC to VC information flow in the interaction between music and LSD. This latter result correlated positively with ratings of enhanced eyes-closed visual imagery, including imagery of an autobiographical nature. These findings suggest a plausible mechanism by which LSD works in combination with music listening to enhance certain subjective experiences that may be useful in a therapeutic context. The question of how spatially organized activity in the visual cortex behaves during eyes-closed, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)-induced “psychedelic imagery” (e.g., visions of geometric patterns and more complex phenomena) has never been empirically addressed, although it has been proposed that under psychedelics, with eyes-closed, the brain may function “as if” there is visual input when there is none. In this work, resting-state functional connectivity (RSFC) data was analyzed from 10 healthy subjects under the influence of LSD and, separately, placebo. Consistent with our prior hypothesis, the difference between RSFC of patches with congruent retinotopic specificity (horizontal–horizontal and vertical–vertical) and those with incongruent specificity (horizontal–vertical and vertical–horizontal) increased significantly under LSD relative to placebo, suggesting that activity within the visual cortex becomes more dependent on its intrinsic retinotopic organization in the drug condition. This result may indicate that under LSD, with eyes-closed, the early visual system behaves as if it were seeing spatially localized visual inputs.

LSD & Positive Emotions:
LSD is well known for invoking positive emotions of openness, which is why there is considerable interest among psychiatrists. 20 healthy volunteers participated in this within-subjects study. Participants received LSD (75 µg, intravenously) on one occasion and placebo (saline, intravenously) on another, in a balanced order, with at least 2 weeks separating sessions. Acute subjective effects were measured using the Altered States of Consciousness questionnaire and the Psychotomimetic States Inventory (PSI). A measure of optimism (the Revised Life Orientation Test), the Revised NEO Personality Inventory, and the Peter's Delusions Inventory were issued at baseline and 2 weeks after each session.

LSD produced robust psychological effects; including heightened mood but also high scores on the PSI, an index of psychosis-like symptoms. Increased optimism and trait openness were observed 2 weeks after LSD (and not placebo) and there were no changes in delusional thinking.

The present findings reinforce the view that psychedelics elicit psychosis-like symptoms acutely yet improve psychological wellbeing in the mid to long term. It is proposed that acute alterations in mood are secondary to a more fundamental modulation in the quality of cognition, and that increased cognitive flexibility subsequent to serotonin 2A receptor (5-HT2AR) stimulation promotes emotional lability during intoxication and leaves a residue of ‘loosened cognition’ in the mid to long term that is conducive to improved psychological wellbeing.


http://www.biologicalpsychiatryjournal.com/article/S0006-3223(14)00909-3/abstract?cc=y=
http://psychedelicscience.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Kaelen2015_psychopharmacology_LSDMusic.pdf
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27084302
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/hbm.23224/full
www.nature.com/articles/nrn2884
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00221-013-3579-0


Abstract
Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) is a potent serotonergic hallucinogen or psychedelic that modulates consciousness in a marked and novel way. This study sought to examine the acute and mid-term psychological effects of LSD in a controlled study.
Method
A total of 20 healthy volunteers participated in this within-subjects study. Participants received LSD (75 µg, intravenously) on one occasion and placebo (saline, intravenously) on another, in a balanced order, with at least 2 weeks separating sessions. Acute subjective effects were measured using the Altered States of Consciousness questionnaire and the Psychotomimetic States Inventory (PSI). A measure of optimism (the Revised Life Orientation Test), the Revised NEO Personality Inventory, and the Peter's Delusions Inventory were issued at baseline and 2 weeks after each session.
Results
LSD produced robust psychological effects; including heightened mood but also high scores on the PSI, an index of psychosis-like symptoms. Increased optimism and trait openness were observed 2 weeks after LSD (and not placebo) and there were no changes in delusional thinking.
Conclusions
The present findings reinforce the view that psychedelics elicit psychosis-like symptoms acutely yet improve psychological wellbeing in the mid to long term. It is proposed that acute alterations in mood are secondary to a more fundamental modulation in the quality of cognition, and that increased cognitive flexibility subsequent to serotonin 2A receptor (5-HT2AR) stimulation promotes emotional lability during intoxication and leaves a residue of ‘loosened cognition’ in the mid to long term that is conducive to improved psychological wellbeing.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/psychological-medicine/article/the-paradoxical-psychological-effects-of-lysergic-acid-diethylamide-lsd/FA7A234B809A951253AF5C29AC79CA4A

9751 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Unhatched / Egg / 卵
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18
No thanks.
2497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 5/30/18
If you're going to be talking about psychedelics, or drugs in general, please don't talk about positives that stem from synthetic drugs.
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18
I'd try LSD and probably cocaine. But I actually want to try LSD. I'd only try cocaine on like a whim, and it's a maybe.
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

konjfful wrote:

If you're going to be talking about psychedelics, or drugs in general, please don't talk about positives that stem from synthetic drugs.


What type of logic is this lol? Sure, there are some very bad synthetic drugs. LSD isn't that bad in the right conditions.
2497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

Zendie wrote:


konjfful wrote:

If you're going to be talking about psychedelics, or drugs in general, please don't talk about positives that stem from synthetic drugs.


What type of logic is this lol? Sure, there are some very bad synthetic drugs. LSD isn't that bad in the right conditions.


Who said I was using logic? I didn't bring up any points telling him not to, I just would rather not read about synthetic drugs on an anime streaming site forum. Go to reddit. And besides, in my personal bias, promoting synthetic drugs is a very bad idea, just try them at your own risk don't try to change the bias that many people have that has accumulated and grown over time.
2497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

Zendie wrote:

I'd try LSD and probably cocaine. But I actually want to try LSD. I'd only try cocaine on like a whim, and it's a maybe.


Wow. Nevermind, I wish I hadn't written that last reply to you. This gives me PLENTY of insight as to the person you are. We obviously do not need to continue this discussion.
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

konjfful wrote:


Zendie wrote:

I'd try LSD and probably cocaine. But I actually want to try LSD. I'd only try cocaine on like a whim, and it's a maybe.


Wow. Nevermind, I wish I hadn't written that last reply to you. This gives me PLENTY of insight as to the person you are. We obviously do not need to continue this discussion.


You're a childish individual then. Live in your sheltered world where you think there is sunflowers and peace. Because you don't want to relive the hurt or whatever drug had an impact on your life. I know 100% what drugs can do to someones life. But I'm not a weak child. And I don't want to live a sheltered life.
2497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

Zendie wrote:


konjfful wrote:


Zendie wrote:

I'd try LSD and probably cocaine. But I actually want to try LSD. I'd only try cocaine on like a whim, and it's a maybe.


Wow. Nevermind, I wish I hadn't written that last reply to you. This gives me PLENTY of insight as to the person you are. We obviously do not need to continue this discussion.


You're a childish individual then. Live in your sheltered world where you think there is sunflowers and peace. Because you don't want to relive the hurt or whatever drug had an impact on your life. I know 100% what drugs can do to someones life. But I'm not a weak child. And I don't want to live a sheltered life.


LMAO Look how pathetic you are online in an online forum. I tell you doing drugs is bad so you tell me I'm a little kid living in a fantasy, how cute of you.
As someone who smokes Marijuana daily, and someone who has enjoyed mushrooms to the fullest, I think you sound like an idiot LMFAO(or just confused and very ignorant). You enjoy telling everyone you meet you'll probably do cocaine if you feel like it. I'm sure everyone will think you're normal.
2497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

Zendie wrote:


konjfful wrote:


Zendie wrote:

I'd try LSD and probably cocaine. But I actually want to try LSD. I'd only try cocaine on like a whim, and it's a maybe.


Wow. Nevermind, I wish I hadn't written that last reply to you. This gives me PLENTY of insight as to the person you are. We obviously do not need to continue this discussion.


You're a childish individual then. Live in your sheltered world where you think there is sunflowers and peace. Because you don't want to relive the hurt or whatever drug had an impact on your life. I know 100% what drugs can do to someones life. But I'm not a weak child. And I don't want to live a sheltered life.


I'm sorry I just had to repeat this. " I know 100% what drugs can do to someones life. But I'm not a weak child. And I don't want to live a sheltered life."

"But I'm not a weak child." "I know 100% what drugs can do to someones life." "I'm not a weak child." "And I don't want to live a sheltered life."

"But I'm not a weak child."

Oh lord, thank you, I'm laughing hysterically at you.
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

konjfful wrote:

I'm sorry I just had to repeat this. " I know 100% what drugs can do to someones life. But I'm not a weak child. And I don't want to live a sheltered life."

"But I'm not a weak child." "I know 100% what drugs can do to someones life." "I'm not a weak child." "And I don't want to live a sheltered life."

"But I'm not a weak child."

Oh lord, thank you, I'm laughing hysterically at you.


You're replying twice like it means something. Stop lol.

And you're assuming I'm going to go walking around on the street looking for cocaine. No. I have to attend to my life. If I'm ever rich as hell and it's in front of me, would I try it? Maybe. Get a grip dude. I'm not going to have a stupid argument over some silly bullshit. Funny thing being you bragged about smoking weed everyday and you're commenting like this towards me. The irony is lost on you. LSD is not much worse than mushrooms. But it has a bad rep because people are stupid and mix it with worse shit. Now seriously, just leave it at that. I shouldn't have called you childish, so I'll say sorry for that.
2497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

Zendie wrote:

You're replying twice like it means something. Stop lol.

And you're assuming I'm going to go walking around on the street looking for cocaine. No. I have to attend to my life. If I'm ever rich as hell and it's in front of me, would I try it? Maybe. Get a grip dude. I'm not going to have a stupid argument over some silly bullshit. Funny thing being you bragged about smoking weed everyday and you're commenting like this towards me. The irony is lost on you. LSD is not much worse than mushrooms. But it has a bad rep because people are stupid and mix it with worse shit.


Since when was I bragging? You pictured me as a sheltered, peace loving pansy and because of that, you thought more highly of yourself than me. It's obvious that to you, doing drugs makes you better than other people, so I thought we'd get on an even playing ground.

Not only does LSD have a bad rep for people being stupid with it, but no one ever tests what they get, and more than usually, it's laced or fake. Man, the only reason I started attacking you for being ignorant was because you started attacking me for 'living a sheltered life and loving peace.' I mean, how much more ignorant can you get? Being an elitist because you do drugs and other people don't, man, you need to get a grip.
Guest Pass Litter Moderator
121178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

Zendie wrote:



konjfful wrote:


Both of you. Please be respectful toward each other and stop creating quote pyramids (which I've cleaned up).
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

konjfful wrote:


Zendie wrote:

You're replying twice like it means something. Stop lol.

And you're assuming I'm going to go walking around on the street looking for cocaine. No. I have to attend to my life. If I'm ever rich as hell and it's in front of me, would I try it? Maybe. Get a grip dude. I'm not going to have a stupid argument over some silly bullshit. Funny thing being you bragged about smoking weed everyday and you're commenting like this towards me. The irony is lost on you. LSD is not much worse than mushrooms. But it has a bad rep because people are stupid and mix it with worse shit.


Since when was I bragging? You pictured me as a sheltered, peace loving pansy and because of that, you thought more highly of yourself than me. It's obvious that to you, doing drugs makes you better than other people, so I thought we'd get on an even playing ground.

Not only does LSD have a bad rep for people being stupid with it, but no one ever tests what they get, and more than usually, it's laced or fake. Man, the only reason I started attacking you for being ignorant was because you started attacking me for 'living a sheltered life and loving peace.' I mean, how much more ignorant can you get? Being an elitist because you do drugs and other people don't, man, you need to get a grip.


One thing I'd say is you'd 100% need a test kit for LSD. And I actually don't do drugs lol. I've smoked weed like 4 times in my life. I've never done LSD and of course cocaine. And I don't think I'm better than anyone else. Tbh it's the opposite if we are being real.
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.