First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Drugs anyone?
16742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18

konjfful wrote:


Zendie wrote:


konjfful wrote:

If you're going to be talking about psychedelics, or drugs in general, please don't talk about positives that stem from synthetic drugs.


What type of logic is this lol? Sure, there are some very bad synthetic drugs. LSD isn't that bad in the right conditions.


Who said I was using logic? I didn't bring up any points telling him not to, I just would rather not read about synthetic drugs on an anime streaming site forum. Go to reddit. And besides, in my personal bias, promoting synthetic drugs is a very bad idea, just try them at your own risk don't try to change the bias that many people have that has accumulated and grown over time.



1) No one is forcing you to read any of the forum topics here. Don't want to participate in a thread then feel free to comment on fred's threads about the structure of spacetime.

2) Don't try to change bias? Sure let's imagine a world where biases have no reality checks...should we start holding slaves again and not allowing women work or vote because of a bias? I don't give a fuck about your biases, that's how the truth works.

3) Synthetics lol....such a generalized usage. Most caffeine you intake is synthetic. Caffeine also has more documented health risks than LSD or Mushrooms with long term use - although I will concede there are not life long trials for psychedelics to really make a strong data argument. Some synthetics certainly are non-advisable. Synthetic cannabinoids, strangely enough, being one of the leading synthetic hospitalization sources. Stuff like LSD - I actually provided literature that proves otherwise if you know how to read. Or would you prefer I dumb the literature down and explain the pharmacodynamics of something like LSD?

4) How can you determine what kind of person someone is just because they stated their openness to play with their consciousness? You don't approve of cocaine, boo fucking hoo, the bulk of wallstreet and executives in corporations do cocaine. Hell, my best friend who is finishing his PhD research did cocaine a few weeks ago. I've never done cocaine because i've never had a real interest, but i've done DMT, LSD, Mushrooms, Molly, Kava Kava, and a few other random psychedelics. I can assure you i'm smarter than a 19 year old kid playing "moral" arguments on a CR thread trying to negatively stereotype others based off of one statement; I've made over 100K since I was 23, I have a good education, I do charities every year for little kids during christmas and try to give back. The things I choose to place in my body for sure make me a "bad" person that you have all sorts of "insight" about huh...

My uncle is a meth addict. He's done meth since I was little off and on. I've seen what REAL drugs can do to people. I've also seen what legal opiod prescriptions do & I've seen more people act way more dangerous and hurting their health through alcohol than I have ever seen with Mushrooms or LSD. & I don't know what kind of losers you have experienced, but LSD isn't "known" to just be around bad kids lol. Go to college. The bulk of my professors had experimented with LSD. People like Bill Gates have. And in the modern era microdosing out in Silicon Valley is quite the norm. I'd suggest you actually live in the world a bit before making such absurd rationalizations or stereotypes about things you clearly do not know very well.

But hey, definitely don't force yourself. I'm not advocating everyone be force fed LSD or Mushrooms. I am just saying that if most of the people like yourself that have such ill-conceived notions would talk less and try more......shit might not be what ya think.
1197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/15/18
Personally I would like to try a good hallucinogen. Part of me is kind of scared to see what would happen if I opened up my mind that wide, the other half wants to rip the window of my conscious wide open and go wherever it takes me. The sad thing is my body has an unusually high tolerance to practically everything out there in existence so it would take a lot for me to experience the effects.
16742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/15/18 , edited 4/16/18

AedonBlackheart wrote:

Personally I would like to try a good hallucinogen. Part of me is kind of scared to see what would happen if I opened up my mind that wide, the other half wants to rip the window of my conscious wide open and go wherever it takes me. The sad thing is my body has an unusually high tolerance to practically everything out there in existence so it would take a lot for me to experience the effects.


You would be surprised. We aren't talking about coffee lol. I use to drink 1/5 of Crown in one night and be functional yet 3g of mushrooms would fuck my world. Take 2 hits of pure liquid lsd and you're goooonnneeee.The reason in my last post I inserted a toxicity ratio correlated to effective dose vs overdose that mushrooms and lsd score so high. It takes very little to effect cognition and a stupid amount to do you harm.

My only concern would be making sure you were in the proper mindset to handle how it transforms your cognition. If you aren't in a good place mentally if could really send you for a bad trip. Finding places you feel secure at a time your life is pretty stable is more or less essential when you're getting into taking psychedelics. Either way, I def recommend giving something a go if you ever have an opportunity you find reliable. It is very odd to say that being in that state gives you clarity, but it genuinely does. Your mind is working at a pace not naturally available. Perceptions change and it is why most people find some sort of "lasting experience" when they trip.
70 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4/16/18 , edited 4/16/18
Great flame control Shishiku.

My take is people should be able to put in their bodies whatever they want. To illegalize something that is naturally occurring is absurd in the first place. With that said it should be taxed and regulated to ensure consumer safety is enforced and you get the safest product it could possibly be.(In a perfect uncorrupted political system)

Humans beings. being told not to do something has always in history failed. Look at the prohibition of alcohol, it paved the way for the Mafia to rise to power, oh and within a couple years people still drank alcohol at the same rate as pre-prohibition.(You could argue it took a little while for the Mafia to gain momentum). Further more how many people die of alcohol/tobacco/sugar/CAFFINE? The entire argument of illegalizing substances such as LSD(shows promising research), Mushrooms(used for a millennia), Marijuana(used since Ancient China) is objectively wrong and there is no way to defend it, you are incorrect whomever disagrees.

Then spend that tax money on treatments and support,education,etc. Look at what happened in Portugal, overdoses are now unheard of in essence. Treat people like Humans and you will reach them.

Now as for myself I have participated in the Devils Lettuce for sure and I'm very much going to consider looking into psilocybin therapeutically. The fact it makes the brain use networks it normally doesn't use and creates new connections is astounding. From the research I've read with end of life patients it improved their outlook and quality of life and curbed a lot of depression, 6 months follow ups yielded in high doses 80% effective in helping patients. Now this isn't on a massive scale I believe in was in the hundreds, but these results are promising. Too bad it's scheduled as a Class 1 drug even though it's non-addictive and you really can't overdose on it, I mean it's pretty hard to overdose on mushrooms, even the DEA knows it's extremely rare. Let's argue people did die from overdosing, people die from the legal aforementioned drugs on a yearly basis, does it me we take them away from everyone?

To end, not all laws are constitutional.


5327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / BuBbLeS!
Offline
Posted 4/16/18 , edited 4/16/18
one has a choice to do drugs, unless, for some small scale where they are forced into you, otherwise it's all based upon choice. I choose not to do them, I have no need nor desire. I see no point to them and there are cases where they can harm and kill. short term, allergic reactions, long term addictions, and some synthetics are killing at first try. so, if you feel you must venture towards that path of wanting to do things such as this, know all the facts regarding drug use. I'm not ashamed to be considered straight edge, I choose to be.

but "war on drugs" is real rather accepted or not unfortunately. addictions are easier than ever any more. an escape or whatever else the reason why someone would venture into putting in toxins into the body. some fall for the peer pressure nonsense, others rise above it. once again all choice. and even if the children see and/or know the adults do them, most kids want to be like adults either by copy and what not and a lot of kids brains are easily manipulated causing them to subconsciously want to try something. just because you see it done on tv, your close family, etc. still know the consequences both short and long term. drugs are the easiest thing to get addicted to, but, anything done too much of is considered an addiction by default. if it upsets the routine flow of your ordinary and normal life style pattern, this, by default, makes it an addiction. and these drug pushers make it addicting, adding fancy or cuteness, or higher doses... they should be held accountable for their selling because they know it's bad, they only care about the money, which, in turns, leads to yet another addiction. money and material... so many addictions...
16742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/16/18 , edited 4/16/18

Raakjake wrote:

Great flame control Shishiku.

My take is people should be able to put in their bodies whatever they want. To illegalize something that is naturally occurring is absurd in the first place. With that said it should be taxed and regulated to ensure consumer safety is enforced and you get the safest product it could possibly be.(In a perfect uncorrupted political system)

Humans beings. being told not to do something has always in history failed. Look at the prohibition of alcohol, it paved the way for the Mafia to rise to power, oh and within a couple years people still drank alcohol at the same rate as pre-prohibition.(You could argue it took a little while for the Mafia to gain momentum). Further more how many people die of alcohol/tobacco/sugar/CAFFINE? The entire argument of illegalizing substances such as LSD(shows promising research), Mushrooms(used for a millennia), Marijuana(used since Ancient China) is objectively wrong and there is no way to defend it, you are incorrect whomever disagrees.

Then spend that tax money on treatments and support,education,etc. Look at what happened in Portugal, overdoses are now unheard of in essence. Treat people like Humans and you will reach them.

Now as for myself I have participated in the Devils Lettuce for sure and I'm very much going to consider looking into psilocybin therapeutically. The fact it makes the brain use networks it normally doesn't use and creates new connections is astounding. From the research I've read with end of life patients it improved their outlook and quality of life and curbed a lot of depression, 6 months follow ups yielded in high doses 80% effective in helping patients. Now this isn't on a massive scale I believe in was in the hundreds, but these results are promising. Too bad it's scheduled as a Class 1 drug even though it's non-addictive and you really can't overdose on it, I mean it's pretty hard to overdose on mushrooms, even the DEA knows it's extremely rare. Let's argue people did die from overdosing, people die from the legal aforementioned drugs on a yearly basis, does it me we take them away from everyone?

To end, not all laws are constitutional.




Lol idk about the flame control....Lorreen had to edit bits because I was overly pissy about such petty stereotyping after I provided a bulk stack of research to go through. And someone saying let biases be....i'd slap the shit out of the human that said that to my face.

Nice response and I agree with what you say, but just to clarify - you say make everything legal essentially like Portugal, but you then specify naturally occurring substances - so no LSD or Heroin or Amphetamines, etc?

I've done shrooms for recreational use and for personal therapy - it really is a very powerful tool when used in a serious manner. I think people just have a real fear due to the government's propaganda. No one reads actual research lol. It's quite obvious from a scientific and mental health standpoint how beneficial psychedelics can be when one reads or actually experiments with some things. For those wishing to see the brain connections bit that are referenced: Communication between brain networks in people given psilocybin (right) or a non-psychedelic compound (left). Petri et al./Proceedings of the Royal Society Interface




As far as other neat studies for Psilocybin for whoever may be interested:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23727882
www.maps.org/research-archive/w3pb/2004/2004_Hasler_20465_2.pdf
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/45695149_The_Neurobiology_of_Psychedelic_Drugs_Implications_for_the_Treatment_of_Mood_Disorders
www.maps.org/research-archive/w3pb/1999/1999_gouzoulis-mayfrank_412_1.pdf
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/46380867_Acute_Subacute_and_Long-Term_Subjective_Effects_of_Psilocybin_in_Healthy_Humans_A_Pooled_Analysis_of_Experimental_Studies
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0269881114565653
16742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/16/18 , edited 4/16/18

niotabunny wrote:

one has a choice to do drugs, unless, for some small scale where they are forced into you, otherwise it's all based upon choice. I choose not to do them, I have no need nor desire. I see no point to them and there are cases where they can harm and kill. short term, allergic reactions, long term addictions, and some synthetics are killing at first try. so, if you feel you must venture towards that path of wanting to do things such as this, know all the facts regarding drug use. I'm not ashamed to be considered straight edge, I choose to be.

but "war on drugs" is real rather accepted or not unfortunately. addictions are easier than ever any more. an escape or whatever else the reason why someone would venture into putting in toxins into the body. some fall for the peer pressure nonsense, others rise above it. once again all choice. and even if the children see and/or know the adults do them, most kids want to be like adults either by copy and what not and a lot of kids brains are easily manipulated causing them to subconsciously want to try something. just because you see it done on tv, your close family, etc. still know the consequences both short and long term. drugs are the easiest thing to get addicted to, but, anything done too much of is considered an addiction by default. if it upsets the routine flow of your ordinary and normal life style pattern, this, by default, makes it an addiction. and these drug pushers make it addicting, adding fancy or cuteness, or higher doses... they should be held accountable for their selling because they know it's bad, they only care about the money, which, in turns, leads to yet another addiction. money and material... so many addictions...


I was always straight edge growing up; I came from a very conservative religious household. I didn't even have my first sip of alcohol until 18, and still only drink on occasion which is not very regular. You should do less regurgitating of whatever you have been taught and actually read real research and think for yourself. I don't care what you wish to believe, but your opinion and view of this topic is simply misinformed and incorrect in certain areas. You are using the word "drugs" way to general, and seem to have a very simplistic and narrow view of the word at large - let alone the negative connotations you seem to keep pushing. If you drink tea or coffee you are putting "drugs" into your body. Do you eat food with sugars? You are using a very powerful drug that is also one of the most addictive. Has anyone in your family ever had surgery? They used drugs for pain management. "Drugs" are just chemicals. Your brain is wired for chemical reactions. If you grasp that then you should grasp it is impossible for you NOT to do drugs - the question is what is actually bad for you and what isn't.

No one said the War On Drugs is not real - I said it was bullshit. Because it is. Trillions of tax payer dollars spent, thousands of police forces given military equipment for drug raids, and the only thing that has happened is the fact we have become the world's largest incarcerated nation per capita. The fact your second sentence hints that addiction rates are more prevalent proves how bullshit the whole thing has been since Nixon enacted it and Reagan intensified it. Your view of addiction is also misguided and incorrect - to file for substance abuse disorders there needs to be more than just a psychological dependence. Note I am not saying that psychological dependence is not real, but this is not much of an issue. To truly have an addiction, you will see physical onset of symptoms when your body no longer has the "drug" that it is use to having - withdrawals. No one shakes in a corner and vomits with a potential chance of dying when they stop smoking weed or when they don't take a psychedelics. Yet people do with alcohol. Hell people shake and experience mood shifts when they don't have their morning cup of coffee....

The drugs I specified, which were psychedelics, are not addictive. It is practically impossible to become addicted to LSD or Mushrooms because of tolerance issues and it is also impossible to OD because of the lack of toxicity. Thus the reason they have been used for over 60 years now in clinical trials for various mental health studies. Some to actually cure addictions like alcohol abuse. Others used to treat depression. Ketamine specifically has found its way into suicide prevention trials because of how effective has been in prevention cases. Again like I stated in the very first post - not everything is black tar heroin. Simple statements like "drugs are bad" "drugs cause addiction" - are just childish babble from intellectually incompetent humans who have never bothered to crack a book and read about things and just want to generalize based off their own moral views.

Back to prevalence - the issue is not black market drugs like LSD. The issue is big pharma pushing Opiods which is where the bulk of all OD's and addictions are found. So your issue is actually with legal drugs, not illegal. Every day, more than 115 people in the United States die after overdosing on opioids.There has NEVER been a reported case of an Overdose for marijuana. And even the literal handful of cases reported with LSD being involved are not straight correlated to the LSD itself. To this day, eight hapless humans at a San Francisco dinner party continue to provide our only evidence for the consequences of ingesting too much LSD - they ended up snorting some powder form of LSD thinking it was cocaine so they did a stupid amount more than they should have for a normal dose. Found with concentrations of up to 7,000 micrograms of LSD per 100 milliliters of blood, the group experienced symptoms ranging from internal bleeding to hypothermia, but all lived to tell the tale.

As far as your perception of drug dealers? You're such a child. Stop blaming others for individual choice. It's not like there is a dealer at your local high school preying on kids who want to get fucked up on something. The government created heroin and use to give it out as a cough medicine for fucks sake. Do I need to rant more about opiods and big pharma that push the worst drugs you could name? I know a lot of black market dealers and a lot of legal marijuana growers, and they are some of the nicest individuals who give back to their community and actually care about the people who use what they supply. Not every drug dealer is a cocaine slinger just trying to make money on the streets. I also know students who have sold various things on the side to pay for their college education. Not everyone is so simply "evil" or "bad" or "wrong".
38175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 4/17/18 , edited 4/17/18
Never touched them - apart from caffeine and alcohol. I admit I'm rather fond of those two.

Personally, I agree with the libertarian mindset that most victimless crimes: drugs, prostitution, etc. should be legalized, as I believe many of the problems associated with them are exacerbated due to their illegality. The, "War on Drugs," has proven to be a colossal screw-up both at home and abroad, just as prohibition was before it.

Even with that mindset, I'm leery of actually encouraging their use - at least until after more rigorous scientific studies have been done post-decriminalization.
16742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/17/18 , edited 4/17/18

iriomote wrote:

Never touched them - apart from caffeine and alcohol. I admit I'm rather fond of those two.

Personally, I agree with the libertarian mindset that most victimless crimes: drugs, prostitution, etc. should be legalized, as I believe many of the problems associated with them are exacerbated due to their illegality. The, "War on Drugs," has proven to be a colossal screw-up both at home and abroad, just as prohibition was before it.

Even with that mindset, I'm leery of actually encouraging their use - at least until after more rigorous scientific studies have been done post-decriminalization.


I'm just not much of a drinker; calories and hangovers. I do like a nice Japanese whiskey though. I am glad you agree that the war on drugs has been a failure. I never understand the arguments when someone tries to explain how it's been a good thing lol.

Not that I disagree that more research is a good thing, but concerning "rigorous scientific" studies. There are thousands available so you will have to be more specific as to what constitutes rigorous; the war on drugs restricted research for a long time, but there are a lot in existence before and then starting more towards the late 90's. MDMA (Molly) has been used to treat PTSD patients for the last decade now by MAPS. Ketamine has been used for suicide prevention for the last few decades now. And LSD and Psilocybin (mushrooms) have been used for alcohol addiction, terminal patients for mental health, and depression. I've posted roughly 10 links or so throughout this forum that contain pretty varied samplings and areas of research. There are meta-analyses in existence as well, although I do not believe I have posted a URL to any of those. I think it is obvious that methamphetamine and PCP or Fentanyl are not to be "encouraged", but I will state it anyways. I'm strictly talking psychedelics.
4988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/17/18 , edited 4/17/18
Ive tried pretty much everything at one time or another but the scariest shit i ever did was 5MeO-DMT. Pretty much was convinced I was dying the entire duration of the experience.
9410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / MtF / PA
Offline
Posted 4/17/18 , edited 4/17/18
Something about these kinds of recreation drugs, as well as alcohol, simply instills utter fear into my heart and brain. It is probably the way I grew up with extremely strict and judgemental parenting, whom would condemn to hell anyone who touches any kind of drug. Marijuana and LSD are two things that most likely are things that I would be absolutely into if this wasn't an issue I have, as I've always been very interested in the abstract. However, I cannot shake the inner voice that screams at me that using such substances is simply awful to do.

Imagining a world where these kinds of things are legal also forces the fear of a God into me. In my head, it would be a dangerous world, and morals (that I personally care about) would be completely abandoned. When I hear of people using some kind of substance, I often immediately assume they are of a certain type of person of which I do not care for, and while not always necessarily true, it often is. I suppose one could argue that I am simply too greedy for desiring everyone to be to my taste, but I would think most are similar in this sense. Naturally, the way I think and what I believe is "correct" in my head, and the most optimal way of doing things, so why would I not want others to be "correct" as well? And while this is subject to change (which will only happen while others are different, of course), it is too hard for me, an extreme perfectionist, in the moment, the feelings of others doing things in a "wrong" way absolutely shakes me. It is one of my more pathetic traits, but nonetheless one of them. For now, I suppose avoidance of things such as this thread and people who are not up to par in my brain while I continue to delve into the issue through therapy in hopes of overcoming this.

Apologies for personal ramblings, it's not very relevant.
Posted 4/17/18 , edited 4/17/18
Drugs are bad....mkay?
16742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/17/18 , edited 4/18/18

FFFORTTUUNNE wrote:

Drugs are bad....mkay?


Vahvi 
8583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 /❓/ ⚤ / Nearby
Offline
Posted 4/17/18 , edited 4/18/18

FFFORTTUUNNE wrote:

Drugs are bad....mkay?


I was tempted to post the actual gif but I was trying to behave
16742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/17/18 , edited 4/18/18

Potaku wrote:

Ive tried pretty much everything at one time or another but the scariest shit i ever did was 5MeO-DMT. Pretty much was convinced I was dying the entire duration of the experience.


I've just done Freebase DMT. I had a crazy experience, but I didn't think I was dying haha that is intense. I was in Peru over christmas and really wanted to do Ayahuasca, but didn't do the research to find a shaman I'd trust lol. Only thing I have ever felt like I was dying was on some synthetic weed back in 09 right before the original JWH synthetic bans - that stuff was baaadddd. There are some crazy pharmacodynamic studies on those synthetic cannabinoid strains.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.