First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Classical Art in Anime
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 2/18/08

snow-chibi wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:

oh the one in the opening? with him reaching for the apple, that's a copy from the sistine chapel ceiling (the japanese seem to love Michaelangelo)


We`re the only ones here . >.> It seems that we`re the only smart ones . XD
We should keep track of all these art stuff in anime ! It makes it more interesting .


lol,


I wish more people were interested in paralells like this
I wonder why he sees himself as adam and not God in this pic
Posted 2/18/08

artgeek707 wrote:

lol,


I wish more people were interested in paralells like this
I wonder why he sees himself as adam and not God in this pic


Omigosh ! It`s a spoiler but not as seen . It`s like Kira won`t be God . He would disobey God like Adam !
Omigosh ! O.O He really is a criminal .
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 2/18/08

snow-chibi wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:

lol,


I wish more people were interested in paralells like this
I wonder why he sees himself as adam and not God in this pic


Omigosh ! It`s a spoiler but not as seen . It`s like Kira won`t be God . He would disobey God like Adam !
Omigosh ! O.O He really is a criminal .


and will ryuuk be the one to abandon him, does that make Misa Eve?
Posted 2/18/08

artgeek707 wrote:

and will ryuuk be the one to abandon him, does that make Misa Eve?


Yeah , because Eve followed Adam so they both sinned . There`s more to Death Note than it seems ...
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 2/18/08

snow-chibi wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:

and will ryuuk be the one to abandon him, does that make Misa Eve?


Yeah , because Eve followed Adam so they both sinned . There`s more to Death Note than it seems ...


to true, would the snake that compelled them to do this be their greed or actually Ryuuk (notice that he encourages Light,) if the latter were the case then tht might meanthat God is the Snake according to Deathnote
Posted 2/18/08

artgeek707 wrote:

to true, would the snake that compelled them to do this be their greed or actually Ryuuk (notice that he encourages Light,) if the latter were the case then tht might meanthat God is the Snake according to Deathnote


Ryuuk would be the snake then ... and since God punished Adam and Eve , wouldn`t that make Near or L God ?
Woah , that`s ironic . o.o
961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2/18/08
hey people, check out Gallery Fake if you haven't seen it already! unfortunately it comes out like one episode a month bcos subbers are intimidated by the art-heavy references, but it's still awesome anyway.

gankutsuou always reminded me of a psychedelic klimt ^^
76 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / just down the roa...
Offline
Posted 2/18/08
OH WOW...

NOW THAT YAH MENTION IT...

THERE IS...

AWESOME....

HOPE I CAN FIND ONE MA SELF...

NOW IM MORE OBSERVANT ON TO IT....

DOMO ARIGATO GOZAIMASU ART-SAN TO SNOW-SAN!!!
8531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Sunny Cali~!!!
Offline
Posted 2/18/08
I DONT REALLY GET IT??????
8186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Virginia, USA
Offline
Posted 2/18/08
Wow, really that is quite interesting, I would have never taken notice until I read this post. Thanks.
9896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / LI, NY
Offline
Posted 2/18/08
The stylization of rays behind Ryuuk also come from the Ecstasy of Sat. Theresa:



The rod-look for the rays because reused a lot of Catholic icons.

Oh, and didn't they have VanGogh's sunflowers in DNAngel?
Posted 2/18/08
hmmmmm...... this one is not too familar with animes that pay subtile homages to classical art.... but this one dose remember some such references to them in some of C.L.A.M.P.'s works-nee..... can't remember where though-desu,,,,
48 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Louisiana, USA
Offline
Posted 2/18/08
It's really interesting, kind of an "ah-ha!" moment.
as art students, we're usually required to take art history classes, so I would assume it's the same in Japan. I know alot of people don't believe studying history is useful, and while it may not always be practical, I'd say it's very useful! Knowledge is a valuable thing!!
Also, Japanese audiences seem to be well informed as a whole. They would probably recognize this things more than some others.

That clip from the opening of Elfin Lied's opening really surprized me. I still haven't watched it yet, so I didn't know about it. Wow. That is a shoo in.
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 2/18/08
^It's not a direct clip from the opening but it's very similar to a part in the opening (It was easier to use photobucket than take a screenshot)


veena_725 wrote:

I DONT REALLY GET IT??????


In what way, it's just making connections between famous artwork and anime
3694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/18/08
ooh ya i see some in elfen lied and death note...pretty cool
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.