First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Philosaphy Class
Students
4431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
ok the Next assisgnment. What are the lines of huminaty? how do we decides what has presence and what dosent. your job is to find a anime with this theme. Usually anime with AI are the best in this case. Where does life truly begin? what does it mean to be alive and selfaware? these are some of the main questions we will be talking about. Now i expect everyone to be ready and their are no wrong answers.
Students
18926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / ☆The WorLd☆
Offline
Posted 2/22/08

Jesse2407 wrote:

ok the Next assisgnment. What are the lines of huminaty? how do we decides what has presence and what dosent. your job is to find a anime with this theme. Usually anime with AI are the best in this case. Where does life truly begin? what does it mean to be alive and selfaware? these are some of the main questions we will be talking about. Now i expect everyone to be ready and their are no wrong answers.


hi sensei~! im a new student~!!

about the assignment...
what about appleseed??
Students
4431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Offline
Posted 2/22/08

han3446 wrote:


Jesse2407 wrote:

ok the Next assisgnment. What are the lines of huminaty? how do we decides what has presence and what dosent. your job is to find a anime with this theme. Usually anime with AI are the best in this case. Where does life truly begin? what does it mean to be alive and selfaware? these are some of the main questions we will be talking about. Now i expect everyone to be ready and their are no wrong answers.


hi sensei~! im a new student~!!

about the assignment...
what about appleseed??


thats ok. Anything that make you stop ad think about humanity and what means to be human is acceptable
Students
18926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / ☆The WorLd☆
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
oh nice~!!
Students
4431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
dont forgate to turn in your thoughts when you are finished. ok :)
Students
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
o wow... this is getting complex sensei... or i just have no idea what it is...lolz.... been absentminded lately..
i hope that i can pass d assingment... il think about it...
i love this class.... it really makes you use ur brain...lolz..
Students
4431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
well good luck
Students
7699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Behind the air.
Offline
Posted 2/22/08

clickityclick wrote:

I personally love philosophy! but i think it is useless. It is not needed in day to day life. It is just another way to escape the present... the now, the task at hand, when thinking of philosopy there is no way to live 100% in the moment... it really is all a big headache.... lol dont you think?


lol i see wat ur saying, but if i ever daze off, i get into this stuff. and no, it does not hurt my head. i actually like this stuff.
Students
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/22/08

clickityclick wrote:

I personally love philosophy! but i think it is useless. It is not needed in day to day life. It is just another way to escape the present... the now, the task at hand, when thinking of philosopy there is no way to live 100% in the moment... it really is all a big headache.... lol dont you think?


philospy is really usefull actually.... i once thought that its useless... but it gives you a logical view of the world... the more you know about philosophy... you know how to think better... you will think logically and most importantly... you will make sense.... hahahah...

anyway, this does not let you escape the present.. it actually take you to look at reality as it is....
Students
7699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Behind the air.
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
*grin* ........ i am speaking (typing) freely rite now. i didnt plan this out..

it is hard to understand what you are asking really.....when you say "what has presence and what dosent" that is a simple theore that we create our own universe and everything around us. that this is in our heads. i am gonna go with "What does it mean to be alive and self aware".......... what does it mean?........ self aware,... i think that we are truely alive. it seems possible that this is all in our head, but i honestly doubt that really..... i just feel that you guys are real, that my family is real. so what does it mean to be alive? ................... noone knows really..... Budists say that "Life is suffering" wich makes me think.... we suffer, and we have good things in our life. so i doubt that there is one main basis in our life. we will all have different endings to our lifes story. if there was really a SINGLE meaning of life, we would all heve the same ending. i think that whoever said that nothing is real and this is all in our head was on the right track, but went a little ahead...... i think.... that to live, is to create. living is simply creating, i think whoever it was was on the rite track in the fation of nothing being fact. each one of us will have an ending that is different correct? so when you think about it, everything that has happened to you, you have accepted as a possibility. to live is to create. we create our own world...... or ........ can we create other's?
Students
7699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Behind the air.
Offline
Posted 2/22/08

emm0548 wrote:

philospy is really usefull actually.... i once thought that its useless... but it gives you a logical view of the world... the more you know about philosophy... you know how to think better... you will think logically and most importantly... you will make sense.... hahahah...

anyway, this does not let you escape the present.. it actually take you to look at reality as it is....


correct dude. i feel the same way. ever sense i started thinking this way though..... i have ben out of it. like the world i am in is more complicated than it actually is..... i ged a weird feeling at the fact, that i wont solve this. that noone will. and if i do solve something big, will i be happy with what i have found. many lives have ben destroyed by knowledge.... i often think my life was easier before i started thinking like this.
Students
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
it is as they say... ignorance is bliss..... the more knowledge you gain.. the more complex you think...
Students
7699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Behind the air.
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
................. gimme a little while to think.... i am onto something..
Students
369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / within the shadows
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
Hello im a new student... Hi SG! well just wanted to introduce myself...bye.
Students
5464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home for the holi...
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
*been eavesdropping*wow,this class is neat .Wonder if I can get a transfer?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.