First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Does God believe in you?
1178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / New York City
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
Well I used to be a Muslim, and according to the Koran: god doesn't believe in you since there are so many ways to get into hell and only a few to get into heaven



miinicole wrote:

no because i don't believe in him..


That's a very wise answer I guess I would have to go with you on this one no one really believes in god, believe me XD


~~~~~
No double posting please. Use the edit button next time.
~ edited by edsamac
477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / ! ! ! Colombia An...
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
i dont belive in any god
308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
God believes in me. Even if I screw up he has given me infinite opportuinity to change and repent in this life. You don't give someone opportunities unless you feel that they will use them and it will benefit from them, i.e. believe in them. Even if you don't beleive in God he still beleives in you, but respects you enough not to divinely interfer with your beliefs. His belief in his children (all the people of this world) is constant, infinite, and eternal.
477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / ! ! ! Colombia An...
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
i dont see the point
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
Some flaws in your ideas:

1. The definition of belief
You didn't make it clear what you meant by belief. It can be in an existential manner, meaning that "God believes that we exist, and that we are alive", or belief in the sense that he has a certain amount of "faith" in us. Since you failed to clear that, you failed to understand more what it means when you say that "God believes in us".

2. It's "perish", not "parish"
This is self-explanatory.

3. Usage of Biblical texts
I don't see the connection of John 3:16 to your idea. It talks about God's LOVE, not his BELIEF. These are two very different things. Love, in the sense of the text, speaks of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, and a sort of RANSOM which speaks of the DIVINE MERCY of God, through his intercession in human history through the incarnation of his Son, Jesus Christ.

4. You're conclusion
What is it? :P

5. Confusing human error with Divine reason
It is understood that God (or any deist god or divine being) is deemed so because they are, in the human sense, characteristically void of any human flaw. This is why they are associated with the term "infinite". To assume human judgement with divine reason is a flaw in most any reason, since it assumes that God (or the infinite) is cause to be subject to human weakness or err, thus, to assume that God can lose "faith" or "belief" in us.

My conclusion: Fix your first post.
110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / 뉴욕- New jersey
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
If you're talking about the Christian God then yes. God believes in every single one of us. He loves us and according to the Bible He created us to serve and worship Him. Not only that to rule over the earth, over the animals, and everything which was created during the 7 days of his work. But when Satan tempted Adam and Eve to eat the apple of Good and Bad. Sin came into Man. Since God is all good, we can't have that connection through him since we're sinners. He gave us freewill to choose either
Him or your own imagination.
1191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / London, UK
Offline
Posted 7/17/07

AznPwn3d07 wrote:

Iaccording to the Bible He created us to serve and worship Him.



haha you make god sound like a bit of an attention seeker. like a spoilt kid who's mother just had a new baby so she's giving it all the attention .. aww :(
Posted 7/17/07
well *cough* I'm not sure if God believes in me...sometimes I doubt him so aybe he doubts me =X

thanks...I think ahah
1191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / London, UK
Offline
Posted 7/17/07

TOF14 wrote:

well *cough* I'm not sure if God believes in me...sometimes I doubt him so aybe he doubts me =X


haha very insightful, goes with the expression in your avi
24645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / 横浜市
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
In Soviet Russia he does.
1191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / London, UK
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
he believes in the mexican revolution?
24982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
welll um. i dont think he beliveves in us but even though im a christian i belive there is a good. But this question is a little tricky. ii think as long as we have faith in him we will gain his trust. and when we learn more aabout his understandings we can know him more
6129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 7/17/07

pudding4me wrote:

Well I used to be a Muslim, and according to the Koran: god doesn't believe in you since there are so many ways to get into hell and only a few to get into heaven



miinicole wrote:

no because i don't believe in him..


That's a very wise answer I guess I would have to go with you on this one no one really believes in god, believe me XD


~~~~~
No double posting please. Use the edit button next time.
~ edited by edsamac



Well wise.. don't know about that....
Posted 7/17/07
Nope , every time I try to talk to him, he just keeps putting his fingers in his ears and goes " lalalalalalalala, I can`t hear you , cause you don`t exist.", and "Please get my cat out of your mouth, and how did you get in here anyway?".
24982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/17/07

miinicole wrote:


pudding4me wrote:

Well I used to be a Muslim, and according to the Koran: god doesn't believe in you since there are so many ways to get into hell and only a few to get into heaven



miinicole wrote:

no because i don't believe in him..


That's a very wise answer I guess I would have to go with you on this one no one really believes in god, believe me XD


~~~~~
No double posting please. Use the edit button next time.
~ edited by edsamac



Well wise.. don't know about that....


xD well in the bible it says that not all christian goes to heaven like mostly they all go to heaven but then like chrsitians like they have to be um. like not thoose ones who goes to christian schools because parents are. like i mean. you have to go to church and stuff. but according to many religion you go to heaven. if yuo belive in a certain god. and go to hell if you dont. wherever i dont know

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.