First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Does God believe in you?
8844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ಌNYC, the BIG APPLEಌ
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
Yes, i think so..
once my christian teacher said.. before we even think, God knew what we're gonna say.. soo, God knows everything about us.. and yes, i bleive God believe in me
Posted 7/17/07
It's kind of stupid to ask if God believes in you, when He made us.


HokiePokie wrote:


Orandajin2 wrote:


skygod333 wrote:

the emos and the retard goths are gonna be in an uproar about this.


im goth/emo like and my best friend is emo and have some other friends that are goths...
and they are all christian ^^ so dont have misunderstandings about them ^^



They are not Christian because mommy and daddy say so, and I doubt a real Emo would believe in God. Don't they think life is miserable? Don't they have faith that their God will believe in them? If they don't, than I can't really say they're Christian... hmm...


You doubt a real emo would believe in God? There are depressed people out in the world who are christian. Christians aren't perfect. Just like there are drunks who are christians, liars who are christians. Everyone is a sinner, no one but God is perfect. That's the whole part of His grace, His forgiveness. Just because they happen to hate life at the moment, you doubt their salvation?
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 7/17/07

lumiina wrote:

It's kind of stupid to ask if God believes in you, when He made us.


HokiePokie wrote:


Orandajin2 wrote:


skygod333 wrote:

the emos and the retard goths are gonna be in an uproar about this.


im goth/emo like and my best friend is emo and have some other friends that are goths...
and they are all christian ^^ so dont have misunderstandings about them ^^



They are not Christian because mommy and daddy say so, and I doubt a real Emo would believe in God. Don't they think life is miserable? Don't they have faith that their God will believe in them? If they don't, than I can't really say they're Christian... hmm...


You doubt a real emo would believe in God? There are depressed people out in the world who are christian. Christians aren't perfect. Just like there are drunks who are christians, liars who are christians. Everyone is a sinner, no one but God is perfect. That's the whole part of His grace, His forgiveness. Just because they happen to hate life at the moment, you doubt their salvation?


I didn't say they were perfect because they were Christian, if they were Emo, they SHOULD have lost all faith and all hope. This is what a real Christian shouldn't do, and probably WILL not do. Having no hope/faith means they think their God cannot help them, or isn't willing to help them. Than comes the doubt that God even exists to them, that would when they become "Not Christian". If they still have faith/hope they aren't really "Emo" they're just weird kids who turned Emo just cause they thought it was cool being sad and depressed. But ey, kids these days, they don't really have much of a brain.

And if you're indeed saying God is perfect, than why did Satan betray him? If he were "perfect" enough he would've made his friend Satan there unable to become evil, and be a good person forever. But God's "unperfectness" made him create a "flawed" creature who later betrayed him and became known as "The Devil".
11359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/07

edsamac wrote:

Some flaws in your ideas:

1. The definition of belief
You didn't make it clear what you meant by belief. It can be in an existential manner, meaning that "God believes that we exist, and that we are alive", or belief in the sense that he has a certain amount of "faith" in us. Since you failed to clear that, you failed to understand more what it means when you say that "God believes in us".

2. It's "perish", not "parish"
This is self-explanatory.

3. Usage of Biblical texts
I don't see the connection of John 3:16 to your idea. It talks about God's LOVE, not his BELIEF. These are two very different things. Love, in the sense of the text, speaks of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, and a sort of RANSOM which speaks of the DIVINE MERCY of God, through his intercession in human history through the incarnation of his Son, Jesus Christ.

4. You're conclusion
What is it? :P

5. Confusing human error with Divine reason
It is understood that God (or any deist god or divine being) is deemed so because they are, in the human sense, characteristically void of any human flaw. This is why they are associated with the term "infinite". To assume human judgement with divine reason is a flaw in most any reason, since it assumes that God (or the infinite) is cause to be subject to human weakness or err, thus, to assume that God can lose "faith" or "belief" in us.

My conclusion: Fix your first post.


1. Everyone seems to understand the topic anyway, so who cares? When we discuss about God, and mentioned the word "belied". We normally meant "do you believe in God?" So what is there to explain when it only takes a few seconds of common sense to get the idea?

2. My bad, thanks for correcting.

3. Maybe I just used that line to start the topic up. So I'll add a few more lines to support it.

4. My conclusion is the last sentence of my first paragraph, I believe.

5. Isn't that part of what's this topic is all about? I can't answer that myself, so it's here on the forum and here all people's opinion. Neither they are deist or not.

Answer to your conclusion: There isn't any need because posters already understand the topic.
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/07

Answer to your conclusion: There isn't any need because posters already understand the topic.


I don't.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
Me neither.
57774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / canada
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
reply to HokiePokie...
God gave Satan choices...just like he does for me and you. Satan chose to try and become greater than God, and we...you, me, Joe Schmuck down the street chose not to accept his plans. That is what all life boils down to...choices. Coincidentally, Satan's plan...the one we overthrew, was to deny our right to agency (choices) and force us to behave the way he wanted us to. Sounds a little like the dictatorships that we all abhor. I could go on...but ...I won't. (you are spared my unending monologue...this time.)
11359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
Reply to Mauz and digs

Then ask someone who knows (not me), or just simply answer the question of the thread with the best of your ability.
8138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 7/17/07

mauz15 wrote:


Answer to your conclusion: There isn't any need because posters already understand the topic.


I don't.


I believe he is asking us if we think God has faith in man (Humans)
Posted 7/17/07

HokiePokie wrote:


lumiina wrote:

It's kind of stupid to ask if God believes in you, when He made us.


HokiePokie wrote:


Orandajin2 wrote:


skygod333 wrote:

the emos and the retard goths are gonna be in an uproar about this.


im goth/emo like and my best friend is emo and have some other friends that are goths...
and they are all christian ^^ so dont have misunderstandings about them ^^



They are not Christian because mommy and daddy say so, and I doubt a real Emo would believe in God. Don't they think life is miserable? Don't they have faith that their God will believe in them? If they don't, than I can't really say they're Christian... hmm...


You doubt a real emo would believe in God? There are depressed people out in the world who are christian. Christians aren't perfect. Just like there are drunks who are christians, liars who are christians. Everyone is a sinner, no one but God is perfect. That's the whole part of His grace, His forgiveness. Just because they happen to hate life at the moment, you doubt their salvation?


I didn't say they were perfect because they were Christian, if they were Emo, they SHOULD have lost all faith and all hope. This is what a real Christian shouldn't do, and probably WILL not do. Having no hope/faith means they think their God cannot help them, or isn't willing to help them. Than comes the doubt that God even exists to them, that would when they become "Not Christian". If they still have faith/hope they aren't really "Emo" they're just weird kids who turned Emo just cause they thought it was cool being sad and depressed. But ey, kids these days, they don't really have much of a brain.

And if you're indeed saying God is perfect, than why did Satan betray him? If he were "perfect" enough he would've made his friend Satan there unable to become evil, and be a good person forever. But God's "unperfectness" made him create a "flawed" creature who later betrayed him and became known as "The Devil".


People can loose a lot of faith y'know, and then turn back around to God. When my mom's ex husband was cheating on her with another woman the day she was giving birth to my brother you don't think she lost faith? It was hard for her, she thought that God would never take away something from her that she loves. However, now she's even a stronger christian, and has learned more from it, plus has got my father as her husband, and me as her child. A lot of people go through periods where they loose faith, if they're really christian, they'll turn around one day, God won't let them go. There are some very emo kids out there that have turned away too, there are people in the bible who have turned away from God, and lost faith, such as Samson. He didn't come back to God until the very end of his life.

I agree though, they may not really be depressed. They just think it's a cool style. There's nothing wrong with liking the style of being "emo" or "gothic". Who rules the deffinition of those words anyways?

To the question of, does God has faith in us, God knows everything, He knows what will happen, what has happened. So why would He need faith in us, when He already knows what we'll do. He doesn't have to rely on us, He doesn't need us. Why would He need to have faith in us? We're only here because He wants us to be here, He wants someone to love, and love Him back.
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
abel89
Well if that is really the question, I don't care.
11359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/07

mauz15 wrote:

abel89
Well if that is really the question, I could care less.


Then you had given us your share for this thread. Thank you.

110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / 뉴욕- New jersey
Offline
Posted 7/17/07

kimmm6 wrote:

reply to HokiePokie...
God gave Satan choices...just like he does for me and you. Satan chose to try and become greater than God, and we...you, me, Joe Schmuck down the street chose not to accept his plans. That is what all life boils down to...choices. Coincidentally, Satan's plan...the one we overthrew, was to deny our right to agency (choices) and force us to behave the way he wanted us to. Sounds a little like the dictatorships that we all abhor. I could go on...but ...I won't. (you are spared my unending monologue...this time.)






I agreed.
954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / on da computer
Offline
Posted 7/17/07
wow......all these answers and opinions are so serious and well thought.....i applaud everyone that gave an answer worthy of my chosen level of thoughtfulness and seriousness xD
186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / -
Offline
Posted 7/17/07

He doesn't have to rely on us, He doesn't need us. We're only here because He wants us to be here, He wants someone to love, and love Him back.


^that is true, he doesn't really need us (more like we need him) but he chooses to look after us because we are his creation. when we return his love and affection, he takes care of us like how a parent takes care of their child(ren).


hmmm, does God believe in me? well yeah, i'm sure he does. i mean, he knows there are people who let him down and people who try to do their best for him; in the end it's all a matter of choices. you could be one heck of a sinner and God would still have hope that you would change your ways.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.