First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Progression to Mass Murder
Posted 2/19/08

O_oStefferzO-o wrote:
Yeah, it's so scary now and days. & You're right especially here in the States, if you piss off the wrong person.
BOOOOOOOOOM.

Oh please, it's not THAT bad. If you look at stats, these sensational killings are statistically insignificant. Most murders are related to drug crime or some other more mundane thing.

I think that this kind of stuff is largely due to lack of community. People often no longer live in some small town, home town neighborhood where everyone knows each other and stuff, especially at universities. People have no sense of community or belonging, so many people become isolated, and even among those people only a very tiny number like this try to commit mass killings.

Even if something like this happened once per month, that would still only be 12:300,000,000 people/year. That's 1 in 25 million people per year, and thats if this even happened every month, which it doesn't. So it's not like there are loads of insane murderers running around out there.
955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / MA
Offline
Posted 2/19/08

madeyez wrote:


abel89 wrote:

So beware of how you treat others, especially in America, because in my personal opinion
If you commit a violent act on another person or just bully and torment them and make his or her life a living hell, then you deserve to have your head blown off


Well, I personally think that is a pretty extreme. Then again I have never been through the kind of bulling or alienation you have been, so I can't really comment on that. The kind of thing you went through as a child is just plain wrong, no children should grow up like that, but the world can be a fucked up place.

Well, considering the fact that you contemplated but never went ahead of taking action against those that did you harm, takes ALOT of strength, more than I can say than those kids from Columbine and other massacres related to bullying.

Hey, whatever skin condition that you may have, hopefully is treatable.



I agree, its like saying I took your sandwich, now chop off my arm, this is a bit beyond the realm of an eye for an eye
Posted 2/19/08

shibole wrote:


O_oStefferzO-o wrote:
Yeah, it's so scary now and days. & You're right especially here in the States, if you piss off the wrong person.
BOOOOOOOOOM.

Oh please, it's not THAT bad. If you look at stats, these sensational killings are statistically insignificant. Most murders are related to drug crime or some other more mundane thing.

I think that this kind of stuff is largely due to lack of community. People often no longer live in some small town, home town neighborhood where everyone knows each other and stuff, especially at universities. People have no sense of community or belonging, so many people become isolated, and even among those people only a very tiny number like this try to commit mass killings.

Even if something like this happened once per month, that would still only be 12:300,000,000 people/year. That's 1 in 25 million people per year, and thats if this even happened every month, which it doesn't. So it's not like there are loads of insane murderers running around out there.


True,
I was just trying to
add some dramatic affect.
You are very right MISTER.
Posted 2/19/08

O_oStefferzO-o wrote:

Yeah, it's so scary now and days. & You're right especially here in the States, if you piss off the wrong person.
BOOOOOOOOOM.


well that kind of true, if you live in like a hella ghetto areas with armed drug dealers and crazy pimps, but most of the time if you piss someone off, you'll probably just get beat up.

my friend got his jaw broken once just cuz he got into a altercation with someone and cussed at him at a bar. Then when he and his friends left, the guy sneak attacked him from behind and broke his jaw.
well at least i got to make fun of him for a couple of month for wearing a head gear thingy that supported his jaw. that a fun.

and even a little girl got beaten up hella bad by some big black guy at a frat party for pissing him off i think... That was so messed up...



Posted 2/19/08

O_oStefferzO-o wrote:
True,
I was just trying to
add some dramatic affect.
You are very right MISTER.

This is off topic
but why do you keep writing
like this.
It is really bizarre.
You like
the enter key
too much.
Posted 2/19/08

shibole wrote:


O_oStefferzO-o wrote:
True,
I was just trying to
add some dramatic affect.
You are very right MISTER.

This is off topic
but why do you keep writing
like this.
It is really bizarre.
You like
the enter key
too much.


I get that a lot. haha Idk I got use to it I guess. There happy?
656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/19/08

4. "What did I do?"
After a while one begins to ask them self, "what did I do", what did I do to deserve this hatred people have for me, what did I do to deserve the torment, the ridicule, the names, the broken glasses, the raical slurs, the beatings etc. With me I began to realize, that I had done nothing at all, I was innocent, I never made fun of anyone, I never made fun of another's misfortune, I never broke anyone's glasses or called anyone a "White boy". I just offered my friendship, only to have them spit in my face.


That one hits me quite well. And I really actually like this topic btw~
Still being 13, I Honestly have yet to experience the Full bullying ride, but I do know that there are people who think it's fun to watch other people in pain. I Honestly hate society today. Opera and shit like that, thinking they're really helping people, When they don't even know other people are having enjoyment out of this. You don't need to make a Fuc*ing TV Show where people laugh at just to show that you're good at comforting people.
The news is another problem. They never. Ever mention anything about what the people that pushed the person into muderous intent did. They always have a few solutions. They always think it's either Bullying, Peer Pressure, Or god damn Attention whored. You don't need to make a whole friggin news cast about what you think.

OKAY, *Breathes* rant over.
I really don't think people have ever gone to the point of murdering/suiciding just because of bullying, I really think it's much more then that. Society has shunned people out by thinking that emo's always write depressing poems and all that other stuff. I really don't think there's a way to stop this kind of stuff anymore. I Admit, my Motto for awhile was "Life is never boring" But Society has began to twist fun by thinking they are the higher breed/religion than other people.
I'll also admit I've thought about suicide. But not suicide into depression or because I was ever bullied(Hell, I'm strong enough to take on a teacher right now.), I've just wondered what it would be like to live with normal people, not a Fuc*ed up society that'll shun the nearest person for enjoyment. Even now I contemplate running away just because I hate it here, But of course, I really don't think I have the courage to do that. I'm just annoyed at what people would say on the news and stuff.
"Boy ran away from home, cause might be because of bullying at school, or huge need of attention" <-- Yeah...Right.
Posted 2/19/08

abel89 wrote:

Postal Shootings, Mall Shootings, School shootings, in other words, Mass murder
In the past few years, these happenings have been occuring often enough to almost seem constant now

What do you think makes a person suddenly willing to slaughter people in large numbers?
What do you think goes through their heads up to and during the act?
What kind of person do you think would do such a thing?


As I have read other posts regarding school shootings on this forum, I have seen a staggering amount of speculation and unfair generalizations, as well as other things I didn't like and just didn't seem fair to me

As a person who has actually contemplated and plotted mass murder growing up, I feel that I'm the best qualified to answer the above questions and give some insight on the subject. These are the progressions to mass murder, from my personal experience


1. Alienation and/or Rejection from society
Growing up with the certain skin condition I was born with, made me a social pariah as a child, other children as well as a number of adults, tormented, ridiculed and shunned me to a point where I came to a realization early in my life, that everyone hated me and that I wasn't supposed to have friends, eventually I came to see humans as simply my enemies, they sure as hell weren't my allies, not in my eyes.


2.The "state of War" situation
After the events of stage one, one begins to believe that they are actually in some sort of "cold war" with society. Every day if I so much as walked 10 feet from my house, I was devising plans to counter any enemy "assaults"(I'll let you guess on that one) that might come out of nowhere, as they often did when I was a kid, I felt like everyone was against me, every time I went in public with my family, strange people would stare at me, following me with their eyes, as if they were plotting something, as a result I became increasingly paranoid.


3. Anger and Hatred
Soon enough, you become angry with people, in the beginning it's simply fear and paranoia, as well as a deep sadness. But at a certain point, you get fed up with it all, you become disillusioned with people in general. You think about how much damage, both mentally and physically, people have caused you. And soon enough, you begin to hate them.


4. "What did I do?"
After a while one begins to ask them self, "what did I do", what did I do to deserve this hatred people have for me, what did I do to deserve the torment, the ridicule, the names, the broken glasses, the raical slurs, the beatings etc. With me I began to realize, that I had done nothing at all, I was innocent, I never made fun of anyone, I never made fun of another's misfortune, I never broke anyone's glasses or called anyone a "White boy". I just offered my friendship, only to have them spit in my face.


5. Suicidal Thoughts
At one point when I was 7 or 8, I thought it best for me to just die. That way I wouldn't have to deal with it all, and my exiestence wouldn't piss anybody else off. And everyone would be happy and just better off as a whole, at the time, I thought it was what they wanted. They surely didn't want me alive, judging by the way they had treated me. Then I realized that I wasn't the one who deserved to die.....


6. The "solution"
After one has the 2 aforementioned thoughts, and realize their innocence, they come to the realization that they are not the ones to blame. They realize that "those people", are the root of it all, and they begin to believe, that those people, are nothing but evil, evil beyond any redemption. And therefore, must be punished and "removed" from this Earth, never to harm you or anyone else, ever again. Because I didn't think anyone else desevred to go through what I did


Miraculously, I was one of the majority that never acted on those thoughts. Believe it or not, there are more people mentally capable of that thought process then you might think

So beware of how you treat others, especially in America, because in my personal opinion
If you commit a violent act on another person or just bully and torment them and make his or her life a living hell, then you deserve to have your head blown off



when you said white boy at the end made me think you were being targeted by another race
only race that comes to mind that abuse the word white boy or cracker is blacks
im not racists but i sure have felt racism from blacks
threats from black co works so i would quit because i was surpassing them in a job they been doing twice as long as me once when i was 13 i had a group of black males boys and men in frount of my house like 20 or more with bats i didnt know why i do now its cause i was the only white boy in a all black hood they burnt things in my yard
i dont dislike blacks hell my first sexual expericne was with a white black mix girl who looked black
i hate humans white blacks all races i would destroy the world if i could but ........... i would never want to hurt someone by shoting them i just want to blow up the world or at least get rid of all humans
8432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/19/08
Guess people who believe that they have the right to go around and shoot people just because they feel like shit needs to learn to grow up. You're not special, whatever "condition" you have that makes people bully you, I'm sure other people on this planet has. You think you have it bad? I bet someone else has it worse.

So does everyone who has a bad experience go fucking insane and shoot people? I guess that would be a good way to lower the population of earth, but apparently some people can control themselves. If you think everyone in this world hates you, then you are probably delusional, since most people don't care. If nobody likes you then there is probably something wrong with yourself that you don't know about or refuse to admit.

Not every person is a racist or discriminates against other people. So unless you're a total douchebag or even if you are, there must be someone that likes you.

PS: "You" is referring to everyone who believe that they have it the worst in the world and attempt to justify their stupid behaviors.
8138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 2/19/08

Hugegnome wrote:

Guess people who believe that they have the right to go around and shoot people just because they feel like shit needs to learn to grow up. You're not special, whatever "condition" you have that makes people bully you, I'm sure other people on this planet has. You think you have it bad? I bet someone else has it worse.

So does everyone who has a bad experience go fucking insane and shoot people? I guess that would be a good way to lower the population of earth, but apparently some people can control themselves. If you think everyone in this world hates you, then you are probably delusional, since most people don't care. If nobody likes you then there is probably something wrong with yourself that you don't know about or refuse to admit.

Not every person is a racist or discriminates against other people. So unless you're a total douchebag or even if you are, there must be someone that likes you.

PS: "You" is referring to everyone who believe that they have it the worst in the world and attempt to justify their stupid behaviors.



I don't buy into this whole "others have it worse" bull crap, so what? is that supposed to make me feel better?, I'm focusing on MY problems, not shit happening half a world away. That in my opinion is one of THE most ignorant things one can say to another person, "oh others have it worse", so I should just forget about everything going wrong in MY life?, based on that "Logic".
8432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/19/08

abel89 wrote:


Hugegnome wrote:

Guess people who believe that they have the right to go around and shoot people just because they feel like shit needs to learn to grow up. You're not special, whatever "condition" you have that makes people bully you, I'm sure other people on this planet has. You think you have it bad? I bet someone else has it worse.

So does everyone who has a bad experience go fucking insane and shoot people? I guess that would be a good way to lower the population of earth, but apparently some people can control themselves. If you think everyone in this world hates you, then you are probably delusional, since most people don't care. If nobody likes you then there is probably something wrong with yourself that you don't know about or refuse to admit.

Not every person is a racist or discriminates against other people. So unless you're a total douchebag or even if you are, there must be someone that likes you.

PS: "You" is referring to everyone who believe that they have it the worst in the world and attempt to justify their stupid behaviors.



I don't buy into this whole "others have it worse" bull crap, so what? is that supposed to make me feel better?, I'm focusing on MY problems, not shit happening half a world away. That in my opinion is one of THE most ignorant things one can say to another person, "oh others have it worse", so I should just forget about everything going wrong in MY life?, based on that "Logic"


It's not supposed to make you feel better, it's to point out that you are not special. The world doesn't revolve around you, just because in your point of view people are mistreating you, doesn't justify your belief that you can go seek vengeance. Just because people are looking at you does not mean they hate you. I look at random people all the time, doesn't mean I think they are pieces of shit.

The most ignorant thing to say would not be "someone else has it worse" because it's true, but the statement that "everyone hates me for no reason." That statement is both self-centered and ignorant. People don't hate for no reason, some people may be bigoted, but not everyone is. Just because a select group of people are bullying you does not mean that society as a whole is out to get you.

You think that those people bullying you are scumbags, yet how do you know they are not bullying for the precise reason you thought about mass murdering people? Just because they believe that they have it bad and other people are mistreating him, so they go out and pick on other people. The moment you go kill that person, what makes you think his brother or sister would not go crazy and also think that people are scumbags and go on killing sprees?

When I say others have it worse, I don't believe that the people can forget about things that are not going well in their life, but to point out the fact that just because their life sucks, doesn't give them the right to make other people's life miserable by killing others. Even if you kill yourself, then is it fair for people who don't hate you or even like you to suffer with you?

The posts are not only directed at you, but people who believe that killing everyone else would solve their problems.
2160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / somewhere with in...
Offline
Posted 2/27/08
i simply think that one person did it cuz he was traumatized/depressed/unstable and other neglected ppl wanted at least a little attention to prove that they existed, and that they were alive, just for others to look at them and acknowledge they were there and copied wat that first person did
8138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 5/15/08 , edited 5/15/08

tobydiah wrote:

Murder being wrong is an opinion not a fact. I think murder in almost every situation is wrong. But I won't claim that I am absolutely right and that murdering being wrong a logical truth. However, human society, in the large scale, has an abstract (and legal) social contract to keep from killing each other. If someone kills other people (they didn't break the laws of nature); yet, they did break a social/legal agreement between humans thus would suffer the consequences that society will impose. Now, I think that killing for the irrational reasons, out of weakness, or from a mental immaturity/instability is wrong. Even if you decide to break this major human contract, it's a grave enough action to where you must have mental stability/rationality.
For the students who committed the murders in schools; this is irrational behavior since they're unbiased judgment is not credible. They are all social outcasts with personal problems. They have had rejection or have been social problems that gave rise to this training of thought in order for their minds to cope with the stress and damage to personal pride. If I saw this happen and had a gun, I'd shoot them right away but not even kill them. They want to die for: 1) they want to go out with death rather than being caught 2) Want to escape through death after they are done or 3) Break down and kill themselves. I'd rather they be alive and see the expressions of their family members; and have time to sit in a cell and realize how immature, stupid, and insignificant their actions were. These homicide/suicides are basically share similar mental conditions as people who commit suicide and want their deaths (or suffering to be known). They don't want to shoot people and die then have no one care or even notice. They wanted to get revenge, make a statement, or show their significance to the world. That's why you don't even give them the satisfaction since it really is nothing major to shoot a bunch of kids. We can all get a gun and do the same thing except the major difference is that most of us were more mature and had control over our emotions about life. Life in prison (possibly a death sentence which usually is executed a while later) would, thus, be the harshest punishment for them since they are thinking and regretting.
I honestly also think that the internet, music, and movies have given rise to these deviant behaviors. (Guns as well, of course) Kids won't look at a show and just decide to do something bad. I'm saying that the culmination of being attracted to certain shows and songs while having social problems can manifest into these romantic (dramatic) ideas of revenge, justice, teaching everyone a lesson, or the "screw it all, I'm taking down people with me as I die" mentalities.


Won't work
I don't do guilt

I have the mindset of a soldier in a war
and as a soldier, I don't feel guilt for the of killing thine enemies
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 5/15/08

abel89 wrote:

Postal Shootings, Mall Shootings, School shootings, in other words, Mass murder
In the past few years, these happenings have been occuring often enough to almost seem constant now

What do you think makes a person suddenly willing to slaughter people in large numbers?
What do you think goes through their heads up to and during the act?
What kind of person do you think would do such a thing?


As I have read other posts regarding school shootings on this forum, I have seen a staggering amount of speculation and unfair generalizations, as well as other things I didn't like and just didn't seem fair to me

As a person who has actually contemplated and plotted mass murder growing up, I feel that I'm the best qualified to answer the above questions and give some insight on the subject. These are the progressions to mass murder, from my personal experience


1. Alienation and/or Rejection from society
Growing up with the certain skin condition I was born with, made me a social pariah as a child, other children as well as a number of adults, tormented, ridiculed and shunned me to a point where I came to a realization early in my life, that everyone hated me and that I wasn't supposed to have friends, eventually I came to see humans as simply my enemies, they sure as hell weren't my allies, not in my eyes.


2.The "state of War" situation
After the events of stage one, one begins to believe that they are actually in some sort of "cold war" with society. Every day if I so much as walked 10 feet from my house, I was devising plans to counter any enemy "assaults"(I'll let you guess on that one) that might come out of nowhere, as they often did when I was a kid, I felt like everyone was against me, every time I went in public with my family, strange people would stare at me, following me with their eyes, as if they were plotting something, as a result I became increasingly paranoid.


3. Anger and Hatred
Soon enough, you become angry with people, in the beginning it's simply fear and paranoia, as well as a deep sadness. But at a certain point, you get fed up with it all, you become disillusioned with people in general. You think about how much damage, both mentally and physically, people have caused you. And soon enough, you begin to hate them.


4. "What did I do?"
After a while one begins to ask them self, "what did I do", what did I do to deserve this hatred people have for me, what did I do to deserve the torment, the ridicule, the names, the broken glasses, the raical slurs, the beatings etc. With me I began to realize, that I had done nothing at all, I was innocent, I never made fun of anyone, I never made fun of another's misfortune, I never broke anyone's glasses or called anyone a "White boy". I just offered my friendship, only to have them spit in my face.


5. Suicidal Thoughts
At one point when I was 7 or 8, I thought it best for me to just die. That way I wouldn't have to deal with it all, and my exiestence wouldn't piss anybody else off. And everyone would be happy and just better off as a whole, at the time, I thought it was what they wanted. They surely didn't want me alive, judging by the way they had treated me. Then I realized that I wasn't the one who deserved to die.....


6. The "solution"
After one has the 2 aforementioned thoughts, and realize their innocence, they come to the realization that they are not the ones to blame. They realize that "those people", are the root of it all, and they begin to believe, that those people, are nothing but evil, evil beyond any redemption. And therefore, must be punished and "removed" from this Earth, never to harm you or anyone else, ever again. Because I didn't think anyone else desevred to go through what I did


Miraculously, I was one of the majority that never acted on those thoughts. Believe it or not, there are more people mentally capable of that thought process then you might think

So beware of how you treat others, especially in America, because in my personal opinion
If you commit a violent act on another person or just bully and torment them and make his or her life a living hell, then you deserve to have your head blown off


that was very well written. i think that could explain a majority of these situations, and how it feels to be that way.

you should try and get that published or something, it could be in highschool health classes, or psychology journals or something.

i think it could be helpful to a lot of people
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.