First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply High Guardian Spice
242914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 3 days ago



Ellation, the transformative media company home to industry-leading brands Crunchyroll and VRV, announced today the launch of Ellation Studios and the first Crunchyroll Originals series High Guardian Spice. Ellation’s original content efforts will include production facilities in Burbank and Tokyo devoted to creating and developing new original shows for the Crunchyroll and VRV communities. Margaret Dean, former GM of Stoopid Buddy Stoodios and current president of Women in Animation, has been named head of studio for the new division.


Teaser
https://youtu.be/PZSOGZFfSDk

Crunchyroll is producing its own original content with the series 'High Guardian Spice'

Source
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/08/22/ellation-announces-new-division-devoted-to-original-content
99810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 6 days ago
I am always up for something Sword & Sorcery.
qwueri 
24852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Online
Posted 27 days ago , edited 6 days ago
The art certainly looks cute.
1150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 9 days ago
This entire thing looks like meh.

>his production team features an all-female writing room, along with a diverse and passionate group of artists and creatives

It's funny how "muh diversity" and "muh female writers" are the only things this show has going for it, which is not indicative of anything about the show's quality. I'd bet that this will suck more than Urahara.
28059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Prison
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 13 days ago
I am not personally excited for this either, though I will not be too hasty, considering my perfunctory judgement of Avatar: The Last Airbender and Steven Universe turned out to be vastly unfounded later on.
4007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 6 days ago
Shouldn't this be something on Cartoon Network, not Crunchyroll? Crunchyroll is about anime and things from Japan.
202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 9 days ago
I am a subscriber to Crunchyroll to watch anime so not that thrilled to see money going to an American produced show that looks like it would air on Cartoon Network. I am guessing that they were thinking of making something like Cannon Busters but LeSean Thomas understands why people watch anime. In comparison High Guardian Spice looks like an American kids show with a bit of anime style layered on top.
1124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 13 days ago
Well i guess that's one less actual anime we'll be getting subbed in 2019 on this site. If they keep stuff like this up I hope we get an option to filter out non anime cartoons that appear on this website in the future.
28059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Prison
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 15 days ago

PitaKitty wrote:

Shouldn't this be something on Cartoon Network, not Crunchyroll? Crunchyroll is about anime and things from Japan.


It is produced by Crunchyroll, or rather Ellation, which owns Crunchyroll. Crunchyroll has been looking to actually help produce content for quite some time.
500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 14 days ago

PhantomSkyShark wrote:

Well i guess that's one less actual anime we'll be getting subbed in 2019 on this site. If they keep stuff like this up I hope we get an option to filter out non anime cartoons that appear on this website in the future.

Why do you think this show will affect the amount of anime Crunchyroll streams?
1124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 13 days ago

64BitRatchet wrote:


PhantomSkyShark wrote:

Well i guess that's one less actual anime we'll be getting subbed in 2019 on this site. If they keep stuff like this up I hope we get an option to filter out non anime cartoons that appear on this website in the future.

Why do you think this show will affect the amount of anime Crunchyroll streams?


Since it's a "crunchyroll original" that implies they are funding at least partially its development which in turn would take away from money that would be available to pay for licenses for Japanese anime since the company doesn't have an endless amount of money.
500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 13 days ago

PhantomSkyShark wrote:


64BitRatchet wrote:


PhantomSkyShark wrote:

Well i guess that's one less actual anime we'll be getting subbed in 2019 on this site. If they keep stuff like this up I hope we get an option to filter out non anime cartoons that appear on this website in the future.

Why do you think this show will affect the amount of anime Crunchyroll streams?


Since it's a "crunchyroll original" that implies they are funding at least partially its development which in turn would take away from money that would be available to pay for licenses for Japanese anime since the company doesn't have an endless amount of money.

Crunchyroll has been co-producing anime for years now, I doubt this will affect the amount of anime they license. Plus Crunchyroll can't license every anime, as an example noitaminA and Animeism shows are exclusive to Amazon.
P0x 
63 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 6 days ago
I'll give it a watch. It doesn't look like something I'd be interested in, but I won't know for a fact, until I give it a chance.
776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Pennsylvania
Online
Posted 27 days ago , edited 20 days ago
here’s CR’s response on twitter regarding if it’s Japan-made or not:


for me it’s just a matter of preference, if it doesn’t appeal to me then i’ll simply won’t watch it
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.