First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Getting Gil in FF8
Posted 2/28/08
Eh, I just kept fighting monsters.
Member
3468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Lost
Offline
Posted 3/3/08

sacredmoon wrote:

Eh, I just kept fighting monsters.


Monsters don't give you money in VIII, you get money from walking 1000 or 10,000 steps.
Member
331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Vienna
Offline
Posted 3/5/08
hehehe...the Gil system was 'ok'...at least you didn't have to worry much about getting cash...what irritates me is why the har big bosses don't give off experience points?! i found that lame during my first try on the game...but after a while you sort of just forget about the game's flaws(like the 'drawing system, lack of levelling-up challenge,etc.) and concentrate on the story...i guess that's what the develpers intended anyway...as a game..it was far from perfect...but the story was good enough...(not excellent...but good enough...)

P.S. (FF/7 has the most intriguing story yet!!)
Member
3468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Lost
Offline
Posted 3/6/08
The Gil "system" from FFVII was good, but it was even better when you got W-Item

I believe FFVIII used "GP"; "gil" was only used in FFVII
Posted 3/9/08

noobkoo wrote:


sacredmoon wrote:

Eh, I just kept fighting monsters.


Monsters don't give you money in VIII, you get money from walking 1000 or 10,000 steps.


I guess I should have worded that better. It seemed to me like when I fought certain monsters, that were stronger than me, I got more money when I took those steps.
Member
3881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 3/10/08
Well I just got the urge a couple days of ago to play old school games. As of now I'm playing FF8 again lol. I'll use some of these tips lol.
Posted 3/10/08

doxxx030 wrote:

Well I just got the urge a couple days of ago to play old school games. As of now I'm playing FF8 again lol. I'll use some of these tips lol.


Those urges never die. I still play Super Mario on my computer since I sold my Super Nintendo. God, I was so broke back then... now I have a job... I love being an adult.
Member
3881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 3/10/08

sacredmoon wrote:


doxxx030 wrote:

Well I just got the urge a couple days of ago to play old school games. As of now I'm playing FF8 again lol. I'll use some of these tips lol.


Those urges never die. I still play Super Mario on my computer since I sold my Super Nintendo. God, I was so broke back then... now I have a job... I love being an adult.


Speaking of Nintendo I just bought Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64. Probably one of the best RPG games ever. I'm mad that I sold it a couple years ago, but I have it again. I'm excited for next year because my roommate has the Wii and has Zelda Twilight Princess which should be sweet.
Posted 3/10/08
Aww man. Good times.....
Member
3468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Lost
Offline
Posted 3/10/08

sacredmoon wrote:


noobkoo wrote:


sacredmoon wrote:

Eh, I just kept fighting monsters.


Monsters don't give you money in VIII, you get money from walking 1000 or 10,000 steps.


I guess I should have worded that better. It seemed to me like when I fought certain monsters, that were stronger than me, I got more money when I took those steps.


Oh well, it's been a while since I've played it too so I could be wrong. Though, I do think that you don't get money from monsters in VIII and all you get is a salary ever so often.
Member
3468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Lost
Offline
Posted 3/10/08

doxxx030 wrote:


sacredmoon wrote:


doxxx030 wrote:

Well I just got the urge a couple days of ago to play old school games. As of now I'm playing FF8 again lol. I'll use some of these tips lol.


Those urges never die. I still play Super Mario on my computer since I sold my Super Nintendo. God, I was so broke back then... now I have a job... I love being an adult.


Speaking of Nintendo I just bought Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64. Probably one of the best RPG games ever. I'm mad that I sold it a couple years ago, but I have it again. I'm excited for next year because my roommate has the Wii and has Zelda Twilight Princess which should be sweet.


Ocarina of Time's a good game, but I think that Majora's Mask is better.
I'm done playing Ocarina of Time for now; copied my little brother's game and got the Megaton Hammer and Longshot and then gave up. I downloaded it onto my Wii.
People have said that Twilight Princess on the Gamecube is better then Twilight Princess on the Wii, but I've only played it on the Gamecube so I can't say much about that. Though my friend did tell me that EVERYTHING'S REVERSE because they made Link RIGHT-HANDED on the Wii version and LEFT-HANDED on the Gamecube--Link's always been LEFT-HANDED if you didn't know.
Member
1850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Anime Freak World
Offline
Posted 3/11/08
well for me FF8 is the most easiest final fantasy to get money among all coz after ur SeeD test reach lv 30 which is max, ur money will become like water ..keep flowing in ...
Member
3468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Lost
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
Huh, I went off topic.

Anyways, you can cheat for money in VIII.
I think my SeeD level was like 10 or something and I had a couple million of GP. Actually, it may have been in the tens of millions.
Creator
79536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / It ain't about te...
Offline
Posted 3/20/08
yeah u dnt even have to get the max seeD lvl to have a lot of money really. it just comes every so often and by after a while, there was no point gettin more money cos u had so much already
Member
3468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Lost
Offline
Posted 3/21/08
Actually, 30 is not the last level, "A" is.

30 gives you 20,000
A gives you 30,000

Here's the chart:

| SeeD | | | SeeD | |
| Rank | Salary | | Rank | Salary |
|________|______________| |________|______________|
| | | | | |
|Rank 1 | 500 gil | |Rank 16 | 13,000 gil |
|Rank 2 | 1,000 gil | |Rank 17 | 13,500 gil |
|Rank 3 | 1,500 gil | |Rank 18 | 14,000 gil |
|Rank 4 | 2,000 gil | |Rank 19 | 14,500 gil |
|Rank 5 | 3,000 gil | |Rank 20 | 15,000 gil |
| | | | | |
|Rank 6 | 4,000 gil | |Rank 21 | 15,500 gil |
|Rank 7 | 5,000 gil | |Rank 22 | 16,000 gil |
|Rank 8 | 6,000 gil | |Rank 23 | 16,500 gil |
|Rank 9 | 7,000 gil | |Rank 24 | 17,000 gil |
|Rank 10 | 8,000 gil | |Rank 25 | 17,500 gil |
| | | | | |
|Rank 11 | 9,000 gil | |Rank 26 | 18,000 gil |
|Rank 12 | 10,000 gil | |Rank 27 | 18,500 gil |
|Rank 13 | 11,000 gil | |Rank 28 | 19,000 gil |
|Rank 14 | 12,000 gil | |Rank 29 | 19,500 gil |
|Rank 15 | 12,500 gil | |Rank 30 | 20,000 gil |
| | | |Rank A | 30,000 gil |
|________|______________| |________|______________|
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.