Post Reply Does HiDive use a flash player?
491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6 days ago , edited 6 days ago
Every time I try to use HiDive to watch Armored Trooper VOTOMS, the video takes way too long to buffer and play, to the point of not playing at all.

So is it because it uses Flash player? If not, then what video player is it using?
1509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 6 days ago , edited 5 days ago
HIDIVE uses a HTML5 player
491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6 days ago , edited 6 days ago

aj2005uk wrote:

HIDIVE uses a HTML5 player


Then why does it take so long for the videos on HiDive to load?
55194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 6 days ago , edited 6 days ago
They do have Android, IOS, and Fire TV apps as well. (although, I'm not to keen on the Fire TV one). Do you have any of those type of devices to try and see if the problem you're having is limited to the browser player? I don't like the web menu navigation system they have, it feels too clumsy to get around, but once I get a video playing, I haven't had any issues with that.
712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6 days ago , edited 6 days ago

asharka wrote:

They do have Android, IOS, and Fire TV apps as well. (although, I'm not to keen on the Fire TV one). Do you have any of those type of devices to try and see if the problem you're having is limited to the browser player? I don't like the web menu navigation system they have, it feels too clumsy to get around, but once I get a video playing, I haven't had any issues with that.


I think Apple have banned? HIDIVE. I say this as the iOS app doesn’t show up on the App Store.
55194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
62 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 6 days ago , edited 6 days ago

alconnow wrote:
I think Apple have banned? HIDIVE. I say this as the iOS app doesn’t show up on the App Store.

Interesting... My already-downloaded one still works. But trying to search for the app in the store isn't finding it now, as you say.

Seeing as how Apple are really prudish, maybe it is temporary and they are making HiDive make some kind of change to it for not allowing mature content without explicit approval, something like CR has.

Or even they may be holding them over a barrel to make it so they can take a cut of subscriptions, something like how CR subscriptions can be purchased through iTunes...
8208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Canada
Offline
Posted 6 days ago , edited 6 days ago

asharka wrote:

Seeing as how Apple are really prudish, maybe it is temporary and they are making HiDive make some kind of change to it for not allowing mature content without explicit approval, something like CR has.



I think Hidive pulled it because Apple was disallowing mature content on the app. I don't think it's the filter since Amazon and Netflix both have apps and have mature content and at least on PC and Android no filter thing.
4144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6 days ago , edited 6 days ago

Doublethree1 wrote:


asharka wrote:

Seeing as how Apple are really prudish, maybe it is temporary and they are making HiDive make some kind of change to it for not allowing mature content without explicit approval, something like CR has.



I think Hidive pulled it because Apple was disallowing mature content on the app. I don't think it's the filter since Amazon and Netflix both have apps and have mature content and at least on PC and Android no filter thing.


well it's a good thing HIDIVE put their resources toward making sure AppleTV was supported first...you know since it is the least popular of the streaming players and since it ended up getting pulled anyway.
241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 6 days ago , edited 6 days ago

Doublethree1 wrote:


asharka wrote:

Seeing as how Apple are really prudish, maybe it is temporary and they are making HiDive make some kind of change to it for not allowing mature content without explicit approval, something like CR has.



I think Hidive pulled it because Apple was disallowing mature content on the app. I don't think it's the filter since Amazon and Netflix both have apps and have mature content and at least on PC and Android no filter thing.


Not doubting you at all, because Apple are dumb as hell, but if that's their reasoning then they shouldn't allow web browsers since you can access porn on them.
You must be logged in to post.