First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Making it but not making it to the TOP
2472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / the other room
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
Okay, so placing 2nd out of 100 participants in a contest makes you happy--
or does it really? When you know you could do better?

The line : " i did my best but i guess my best wasn't good enough " really doesn't apply in here..

Anyway, life is too short to wake up in the morning with regret.. But i just want to know what you reaLLy think..
2910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / With in the light
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
winning is not everything
as long as u tried ur best u r the winner
Posted 2/21/08
You don't have to overtake others to win.


To me, when i had reached what i had wanted/exceeded my own expections, i have already won.
7718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
They say that psychologically, it is more likely that a 3rd place winner will be happier with their result than the 2nd place winner. Since the 3rd place managed to hold a spot in the top 3 and didn't barely lose to the 1st place winner. The 2nd place winner is 1 person away from having won. All they see is the 1st place spot that they missed out on. There's nothing wrong with some disappointment in not winning. But it shouldn't be something that deters you from your life or trying again. Not everyone can be the best. If you won, and the other person is upset now; there would be no difference. Now I'd be trying to comfort them instead of you. There are almost infinite things in the world that you can do. Chances are that you are very talented in some of them. And you might be the best in a combination of some of them.
219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / pearL farm..nyahaha
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
Sometimes even if you really want it, no matter how hard you try, you don't get it.. because it's really not mean for you..
219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / pearL farm..nyahaha
Offline
Posted 2/21/08

tobydiah wrote:

They say that psychologically, it is more likely that a 3rd place winner will be happier with their result than the 2nd place winner. Since the 3rd place managed to hold a spot in the top 3 and didn't barely lose to the 1st place winner. The 2nd place winner is 1 person away from having won. All they see is the 1st place spot that they missed out on. There's nothing wrong with some disappointment in not winning. But it shouldn't be something that deters you from your life or trying again. Not everyone can be the best. If you won, and the other person is upset now; there would be no difference. Now I'd be trying to comfort them instead of you. There are almost infinite things in the world that you can do. Chances are that you are very talented in some of them. And you might be the best in a combination of some of them.


Wow. You're good. :)
7718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 2/21/08

manggaLore wrote:


tobydiah wrote:

They say that psychologically, it is more likely that a 3rd place winner will be happier with their result than the 2nd place winner. Since the 3rd place managed to hold a spot in the top 3 and didn't barely lose to the 1st place winner. The 2nd place winner is 1 person away from having won. All they see is the 1st place spot that they missed out on. There's nothing wrong with some disappointment in not winning. But it shouldn't be something that deters you from your life or trying again. Not everyone can be the best. If you won, and the other person is upset now; there would be no difference. Now I'd be trying to comfort them instead of you. There are almost infinite things in the world that you can do. Chances are that you are very talented in some of them. And you might be the best in a combination of some of them.


Wow. You're good. :)


The spoonfuls of honey I'm eating right now are enhancing my brain activity.
2472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / the other room
Offline
Posted 2/21/08

eliz3 wrote:

You don't have to overtake others to win.


To me, when i had reached what i had wanted/exceeded my own expections, i have already won.


Hey.. that's reaLLy something.. Trophies wouldn't matter much if it won't mean a thing to you.. and losing is stiLL wiNNing in a way that you know you did what you had to do.. :)
cooL
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
this topic is as interesting as watching pain dry.
533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Davao City!!
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
Win or Lose we'll hold thy name in honor to Notre Dame...haha
1704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
That's 98 mofos you're better than, instead of 99.

Glass half full!
70098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Wa Wa Land
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
second is best your close to 1st whats so bad about that? you can be 1st next time!
3398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Facebook XD
Offline
Posted 2/21/08

razellibabz wrote:

Okay, so placing 2nd out of 100 participants in a contest makes you happy--
or does it really? When you know you could do better?


xx being better than the 98 others isnt taht bad.. xx
330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
to me...........my motto is never give up until you get what you want..............

so, if you satisfied with no. 2 keep it with you.............i will try next time even though i have to try
many times...................but one day my time will come for me to be in the first place.............


326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
Being 1st isnt everything man... like some people say: "Its not the results that matter, its the process while working towards the end that matters"... u can always be first the next time with what u have learnt this time round.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.