Recognition of the Armenian Genocide
750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / in my room
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
Here is an exerpt:
"The Armenian Genocide (Armenian: Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն, Turkish: Ermeni Soykırımı), also known as the Armenian Holocaust, the Armenian Massacres, and, by Armenians, the Great Calamity (Մեծ Եղեռն) - refers to the deliberate and systematic destruction (genocide) of the Armenian population of the Ottoman Empire during and just after the First World War. It was characterised by the use of massacres and the use of deportations with forced marches under conditions designed to lead to the death of the deportees, with the total number of Armenian deaths generally held to have been between one and one-and-a-half million. Other ethnic groups were similarly attacked during this period, including Assyrians and Greeks.

The date of the onset of the genocide is conventionally held to be April 24, 1915, the day that Ottoman authorities arrested some 250 Armenian intellectuals and community leaders in Constantinople. Thereafter, the Ottoman military uprooted Armenians from their homes and force them to march for hundreds of miles, deprived of food and water, to the desert of what is now Syria. Massacres were indiscriminate of age or gender, and rape and other sexual abuse were commonplace. The Armenian Genocide is the second most-studied case of genocide.

The Republic of Turkey, the successor state of the Ottoman Empire, does not accept the word genocide as an accurate descriptor of the events. In recent years, it has faced repeated calls to accept the events as genocide. To date, twenty-two countries have officially recognized the events of the period as genocide, and most Western scholars and historians accept this view."

In simpler terms the Armenian Genocide resulted in over 50% of the Armenian population to go down during the first World War. This Genocide has been the basis for Hitler's idea of the Holocaust (he is quoted to have said "..I will not be trialed and will get away with my actions.. look what the Americans have done to the Native Americans and look what has happened to the Armenians at the hands of the Turks.").

With historical events likes these not being completely accepted look at what has happened in Darfur, Sudan. As stated above 22 countries and 40 U.S. states have accepted the Genocide as an act of homicide on humanity but yet it is not accepted in the international court. America has constantly been in debate about recognizing it because of their base in Turkey which is being used as a menas of getting into Iraq as of now. Simply put Turkey will do whatever Ameria wants it to do as long as they agree to not recognize it. Fortunatly in 2007 the House of representatives recognized the Genocide and working to have it recognized by the whole government itself.

What Are your ideas on what has happened? is happening? or will happen in the future?
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 2/21/08
They are still going on about that?! >_<

By the gods & all dear spirits....

~ Turkey is a awesome place :o

Though, the time I was there was.. 12 years ago :(

Only time I've been to somewhere warm as well... Grr..

Anyway, why does it matter so freaking much whether or not it was a genocide to all those who claim it wasn't a genocide? :S
13790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / los angeles
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
Armo`s are a bunch of stupid G7 assholes(as a whole)you dont see any other poeple celebrating thier death
41 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New York, New York
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
War is depressing no matter what... :/ and like I had to write a paper on Darfur and Sudan...it's really sad about what's happening in the world.
232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / AR
Offline
Posted 2/26/08
I couldn't believe Armenians reached here also.
Accidentally,today is 26th of february - in 1992 on this day Armenians killed Xocali citizens in Qarabagh district of Azerbaijan.This day whole city was destroyed,hundreds of ppl were killed under torture,heads were cut and so on ot with bullets.This happened just 16 years ago,and everything recorded we have video newspaper etc. facts from even foreign media. BUT WHO CARES ABOUT IT? The escaped ppl of Xocali today cries can't reach their land houses, even don't have graves of the deceased.Justice will prevail later or sooner.

Why we should let goverment take care of it? Scholars should take care of it, not politicians.

Why armenians talk about it so passionetly? They have plan : First recognition of genocide , then money compansation , last land
demands from Turkey.
8117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/24/08
That thing is a lie both sides had deaths and I ask you how can a country with a very weak army that had multiples of fights with alot multiple countries for their freedom have the power to do that? and I hear armenians say turkish people killed 1.5 million people? did armenia even had that much of a population in that area? even if they did it would be impossible that their population would be this much nowadays? it started by armenians betraying turks for a dream of their own "greater armenia" (russian archives) considering the fact that before the so called event armenians were the richest people in ottoman empire
6171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Where u dream of ^.~
Offline
Posted 11/1/10

leviticus118 wrote:

Armo`s are a bunch of stupid G7 assholes(as a whole)you dont see any other poeple celebrating thier death


excuse me?


aynur wrote:

I couldn't believe Armenians reached here also.
Accidentally,today is 26th of february - in 1992 on this day Armenians killed Xocali citizens in Qarabagh district of Azerbaijan.This day whole city was destroyed,hundreds of ppl were killed under torture,heads were cut and so on ot with bullets.This happened just 16 years ago,and everything recorded we have video newspaper etc. facts from even foreign media. BUT WHO CARES ABOUT IT? The escaped ppl of Xocali today cries can't reach their land houses, even don't have graves of the deceased.Justice will prevail later or sooner.

Why we should let goverment take care of it? Scholars should take care of it, not politicians.

Why armenians talk about it so passionetly? They have plan : First recognition of genocide , then money compansation , last land
demands from Turkey.


can ask u something?
how did u get that land?


ZukoFireBook wrote:

That thing is a lie both sides had deaths and I ask you how can a country with a very weak army that had multiples of fights with alot multiple countries for their freedom have the power to do that? and I hear armenians say turkish people killed 1.5 million people? did armenia even had that much of a population in that area? even if they did it would be impossible that their population would be this much nowadays? it started by armenians betraying turks for a dream of their own "greater armenia" (russian archives) considering the fact that before the so called event armenians were the richest people in ottoman empire


yes we did have that many ppl
but because we did not expect that something like that will happened
when they 1st come to our land we welcomed them warmly

and i know its not the new generation who did it and there many great Turkey
i even have friend that is Turkey
ppl that help Armenians escape but still they should escaped what they did wrong

p.s sorry for my English
75436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 11/1/10
Just before entering Poland and starting off World War II, Hitler was allegedly asked if he was ready to go down in history for what he was about to do. His alleged reply:

"Who remembers the Armenians in 1915?"

It is important to remember these things for no other reason than to prevent it from happening again. Our score in the latter regard hasn't been very good.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 11/2/10

jpc92 wrote:

Here is an exerpt:
"The Armenian Genocide (Armenian: Հայոց Ցեղասպանութիւն, Turkish: Ermeni Soykırımı), also known as the Armenian Holocaust, the Armenian Massacres, and, by Armenians, the Great Calamity (Մեծ Եղեռն) - refers to the deliberate and systematic destruction (genocide) of the Armenian population of the Ottoman Empire during and just after the First World War. It was characterised by the use of massacres and the use of deportations with forced marches under conditions designed to lead to the death of the deportees, with the total number of Armenian deaths generally held to have been between one and one-and-a-half million. Other ethnic groups were similarly attacked during this period, including Assyrians and Greeks.

The date of the onset of the genocide is conventionally held to be April 24, 1915, the day that Ottoman authorities arrested some 250 Armenian intellectuals and community leaders in Constantinople. Thereafter, the Ottoman military uprooted Armenians from their homes and force them to march for hundreds of miles, deprived of food and water, to the desert of what is now Syria. Massacres were indiscriminate of age or gender, and rape and other sexual abuse were commonplace. The Armenian Genocide is the second most-studied case of genocide.

The Republic of Turkey, the successor state of the Ottoman Empire, does not accept the word genocide as an accurate descriptor of the events. In recent years, it has faced repeated calls to accept the events as genocide. To date, twenty-two countries have officially recognized the events of the period as genocide, and most Western scholars and historians accept this view."

In simpler terms the Armenian Genocide resulted in over 50% of the Armenian population to go down during the first World War. This Genocide has been the basis for Hitler's idea of the Holocaust (he is quoted to have said "..I will not be trialed and will get away with my actions.. look what the Americans have done to the Native Americans and look what has happened to the Armenians at the hands of the Turks.").

With historical events likes these not being completely accepted look at what has happened in Darfur, Sudan. As stated above 22 countries and 40 U.S. states have accepted the Genocide as an act of homicide on humanity but yet it is not accepted in the international court. America has constantly been in debate about recognizing it because of their base in Turkey which is being used as a menas of getting into Iraq as of now. Simply put Turkey will do whatever Ameria wants it to do as long as they agree to not recognize it. Fortunatly in 2007 the House of representatives recognized the Genocide and working to have it recognized by the whole government itself.

What Are your ideas on what has happened? is happening? or will happen in the future?


You can only deny the truth for so long- even if the government denies it, people will remember, and, with this great age of information, it is only a matter of time before all that spreads, and, indeed, it has, and it will become completely futile to ignore it.
8117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/6/10
I don't know what Armenia wants maybe money? So they decide to create a fake genocide to get it. Also the fact that they are christians make them get the sympathy of most countries. So basically they are just "trolling". First Armenians went 200.000 people were killed and after seeing it doesn't work they went 800.000 people got killed and finally arrived to 1.500.000. One question though. Why is it that Armenia doesn't want to open its archieves when Turkey requests that both countries open their archieves. It is because they know there isn't such thing as a genocide and that everyone would know that. But I know you think that it really happened because that's what you have been taught from one sided biased and probably brainwashed people. Let's face it Armenian people are taught to hate Turks since they are small. I bet you all didn't see those old photos that armenian people unhumaly kill innocent turkish women and children and take victory pictures with their cut off head (western media is so biased against muslims). They also killed our diplomats recently. If they instead of creating fairy tales , worked on their economy , they would be in a much better place than now since all they do is to think a way on how to mess with Turkey , it's all they do.
Posted 11/7/10
Genocide seems to be a worthy resolution to a problem, but really, it is still mass murder. If you want to cleanse away something you hate, it only means that you weren't able to take a moment to understand it.
75436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 11/8/10

Northerner wrote:

Genocide seems to be a worthy resolution to a problem, but really, it is still mass murder. If you want to cleanse away something you hate, it only means that you weren't able to take a moment to understand it.



Wait... what?

I hope you're kidding or being rhetorical. Just making sure we're on the same page here before I tee off.


Posted 11/8/10

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Northerner wrote:

Genocide seems to be a worthy resolution to a problem, but really, it is still mass murder. If you want to cleanse away something you hate, it only means that you weren't able to take a moment to understand it.



Wait... what?

I hope you're kidding or being rhetorical. Just making sure we're on the same page here before I tee off.




I countered that with the fact that genocide is murder, so the idea is, of course, insane.
232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / AR
Offline
Posted 11/11/10

cuteanimegirl07 wrote:


leviticus118 wrote:

Armo`s are a bunch of stupid G7 assholes(as a whole)you dont see any other poeple celebrating thier death


excuse me?


aynur wrote:

I couldn't believe Armenians reached here also.
Accidentally,today is 26th of february - in 1992 on this day Armenians killed Xocali citizens in Qarabagh district of Azerbaijan.This day whole city was destroyed,hundreds of ppl were killed under torture,heads were cut and so on ot with bullets.This happened just 16 years ago,and everything recorded we have video newspaper etc. facts from even foreign media. BUT WHO CARES ABOUT IT? The escaped ppl of Xocali today cries can't reach their land houses, even don't have graves of the deceased.Justice will prevail later or sooner.

Why we should let goverment take care of it? Scholars should take care of it, not politicians.

Why armenians talk about it so passionetly? They have plan : First recognition of genocide , then money compansation , last land
demands from Turkey.


can ask u something?
how did u get that land?


UNSC(Security Council) accepts territorial integrity of Azerbaijan : UNSC Resolutions 822,853,874,884. Demand Armenia to leave all occupied territories of Azerbaijan (Qarabagh and other). Int'l community accepts territorial integrity but their force works.
Armenians did many genocides against azeri turks during just one century : in 1905 (during the revolution in Russian Empire), in 1918 (when WW1 ended, Russian Empire collapsed), in 1940s (during deportation in USSR), in 1988-1993 (during collapse of USSR, invasion of Qarabagh and other territories).
You must be logged in to post.