First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
What kind of music makes you wanna move?
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 11/30/06

kyocool wrote:
haha im going to put my foot down right here and now and delcare ska music to suck huge elephant penis......
Trevor (OP)


God I hate ska. I can handle punk, pop punk, emo, whatever it is. I may not like it, but I can deal with it. Ska however is like nails on chalk board to me. I'll leave the damned room if its playing. I remember back when it was really popular (i.e. mighty might bosstones on the radio)... it was hell.

The only cool thing ska did was a brief little swing music revival, and that really didn't last long. I still prefer jazz to swing, but I think I'm just getting old.
Posted 11/30/06

azrael910 wrote:


kyocool wrote:
haha im going to put my foot down right here and now and delcare ska music to suck huge elephant penis......
Trevor (OP)


God I hate ska. I can handle punk, pop punk, emo, whatever it is. I may not like it, but I can deal with it. Ska however is like nails on chalk board to me. I'll leave the damned room if its playing. I remember back when it was really popular (i.e. mighty might bosstones on the radio)... it was hell.

The only cool thing ska did was a brief little swing music revival, and that really didn't last long. I still prefer jazz to swing, but I think I'm just getting old.



haha yea the best way i can describe ska is an offshoot of punk music for pussies....haha yea the mighty might bostones...reel big fish..catch 22....fuck i hate ska haha its just....horrible! im glad somoene agrees with me from the looks i saw ska i think 3 times and i was thinking...your all shitting me right?


Trevor (OP)
Posted 11/30/06
hahaha happy hardcore techno is probabaly the most annoying thing i have ever heard in my life lol
yea...i dont like rap much either uotside of Common and kanye but when your in that kinda atmosphere it just works for the most part esp the real slow chop n screw stuff haha it just sounds funny


Trevor (P)
Posted 11/30/06
haha yea ive been into common for about 3 years now i think him and twalib kwali (spelled wrong) i love their music because the beats are just great and flow with their words. (not like gangtsa ones that just have a huge bass line and just talk overtop of it) and they actually have something interesting to say instead of talking about hoes and platinum. Kanye i really do love his first cd alot. i dont own his newest one though.

@Xrn...wtf is christian industiral please tell me thats not evena real genre of music!

Trevor (OP)
Posted 11/30/06

Xrn_the_Nigma wrote:

Yes Christian Industrial does in fact exist.
Fortunately for us and unfortunately for them it completely sucks just like the rest of the sub-genres of the Christian community.
I've only heard three artists which include Argyle Park, Circle of Dust and Chatterbox. Did you know that the music industry has something Christian for damn near everything except for country and rap? Yes it's true and very fucked up at that.




ohh they have rap ive seen it....most amusing thing i have seen since well....ever hahah i know they have christian bands who try to label themsevles as "hardcore" which is totally laughable..im not saying those bands all suck (most do) but there hardly anything close to what hardcore music is :P


Trevor (OP)
683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 12/1/06
anything that have nice beats
8312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/06

azrael910 wrote:

head bobbing for old school thrash and death metal... full head banging and what not maybe more at a concert or if no one is watching ;)

jazz, 60's swinger music (herb alpert FTW) do make me want to dance though

classical sometimes as well


fuck yeah, thrash is whatsup\
im cool with death metal too, but some shitty bands like pantera/iron maiden/metallica/et cetera are starting to call themselves death matel and i just want to set them all on fire
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 12/1/06

punkfilter wrote:


azrael910 wrote:

head bobbing for old school thrash and death metal... full head banging and what not maybe more at a concert or if no one is watching ;)

jazz, 60's swinger music (herb alpert FTW) do make me want to dance though

classical sometimes as well


fuck yeah, thrash is whatsup\
im cool with death metal too, but some shitty bands like pantera/iron maiden/metallica/et cetera are starting to call themselves death matel and i just want to set them all on fire


mainstream traditional metal isn't all bad, iron maide is a cool (though very cheesy) power metal type band. Pantera made a couple of good albums (nothing amazing), though Phil is an asshat and a half - I'd say they were more a live band than anything else. Metallica turned to absolute shit in 1991 with the Black album, though nothing they did before that is near as good (or original) as people think

Are they really starting to call themselves death metal now? I know Slipknot started talking alot of shit about how they were "grindcore" back in the day (they had one song that had a blast beat in it i think lol).

As far as I'm concerned the greatest metal band ever is DEATHKLOK... they're actually getting me interested in metal again.
6887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
70 / F / Travels to Wales!
Offline
Posted 12/1/06
Kinya Music
1704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/1/06

kyocool wrote:

haha im going to put my foot down right here and now and delcare ska music to suck huge elephant penis......but byeond that

quote]

ah man dont be hatin ska is the bomb you sayin you dont like sublime no outlet mighty mighty bos tones skankin pickle real big fish

7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 12/1/06
Sublime may be one of the most overrated bands of all time, cashing in on people too stoned to realize how bland their music is. I'll have fond high school memories of this band, but seriously, there isn't a remarkable thing about them other than how much weed people have smoked listening to them. I don't think it's fair to call them ska, though there is certainly some ska influences there.
1704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/1/06

azrael910 wrote:

Sublime may be one of the most overrated bands of all time, cashing in on people too stoned to realize how bland their music is. I'll have fond high school memories of this band, but seriously, there isn't a remarkable thing about them other than how much weed people have smoked listening to them. I don't think it's fair to call them ska, though there is certainly some ska influences there.
I gues your right about them not realy being ska (excepted for there unreleased stuff) and your right most peple are high when litening to them but i think that sublime is a great band and they may not be the most talented but there songs are very catchy

8312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/06

kyocool wrote:

haha im going to put my foot down right here and now and delcare ska music to suck huge elephant penis......but byeond that



Trance and hardhouse music does it for me as does crunk/chop n screw rap music like in clubs and such. I also enjoy big band music and swining dancing eventhough i have no idea how the hell to do it i just wave my finger around in the air and scoot.


NOTE: this isnt my favorite types of music or what i listen to on a day to day basis its just what gets some boogie in ma step ya heard?


Trevor (OP)


"ska" originally was "skater" punk, and it was dominated by such awesome bands ass Leftover Crack. but then, those shitty bands saw an opportunity and moved in
Posted 12/1/06

MrTodakichi wrote:


kyocool wrote:

haha im going to put my foot down right here and now and delcare ska music to suck huge elephant penis......but byeond that

quote]

ah man dont be hatin ska is the bomb you sayin you dont like sublime no outlet mighty mighty bos tones skankin pickle real big fish



yes...yes thats exactly what im saying all those bands are utter shit to me and nothing more



@Punk-Idc if it was orignally skater punk or not i still thought it was total shit and still do just because its labled something different now doesnt take away from the lack of quality of the music


Trevor (OP)

8312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/06

kyocool wrote:


MrTodakichi wrote:


kyocool wrote:

haha im going to put my foot down right here and now and delcare ska music to suck huge elephant penis......but byeond that

quote]

ah man dont be hatin ska is the bomb you sayin you dont like sublime no outlet mighty mighty bos tones skankin pickle real big fish



yes...yes thats exactly what im saying all those bands are utter shit to me and nothing more



@Punk-Idc if it was orignally skater punk or not i still thought it was total shit and still do just because its labled something different now doesnt take away from the lack of quality of the music


Trevor (OP)



nah, im just saying that originally, ska was basically punk
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.