First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Are Filipinos Asian?
7716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
Duplicate post.

Anyway, I think the question should be if Filipinos, the rest of Asia, and/or the rest of the world "considers" them Asian.

Some people view Asians as having a particular look. People's views primarily seems to be revolving around the 3 countries in the east: Japan, China, Korea. However, Filipinos have similar looks. One of the main reasons (I'm not a cultural anthropologist or anything) for the big differences are the sub-tropic conditions and the mixing of Spanish genes. But do you really determine being Asian by looks alone? Italians look different from Norwegians. South Africans look extremely different from people from Ghana. Pacific Islander seems a bit inaccurate. We label regions according to continents. Asia is a continent so is the Pacific Island it's own continent? Perhaps it's like a label for a region of Asia. Like South part of Asia, Southeast part of Asia, or Pacific Island part of Asia?
The term "Asian" has become so broad and used for different reasons.

If we mean it socially or in terms of the image of China/Japan/etc, perhaps Filipinos may not be considered Asian. I'm not sure though.
7692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/21/08

Your_Typical_Friend wrote:


thegodcode wrote:


LilLaoWow wrote:


thegodcode wrote:

i think Filipinos are bad ass chocolate


aw that was meannn


Filipino people have feelings tooo!!!!
I actually feel sorry for em o.o


I'm so sorry so sorry ! ,i know it was mean but ..... it just was a little joke


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i fucking LOL'ed at that one. yeah i'm filipino to but that was to funny to be ignored. i don't care if you guys make fun of my race. its the new age people. were not living in the 20th century. HAHAHAHHAHA fuckin hilarious. where'd you find that picture?


At google , they from Europ and you only can but they in Europ .

P.S i just look for info if filipino are asian.. and some pic that i can not ignored.
Posted 2/21/08

tobydiah wrote:

Duplicate post.




Ya sorry bout that. Someone told me =/ It's weird though, I searched it on the forums but it didn't pop up...
7692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/21/08

Your_Typical_Friend wrote:


wtfreak123 wrote:

arent they half azn cause they gots raped by the spanish....dam spanish....but anyways, yeah it counts as azn...:D all azns r welcome, sept those smelly indians...


yeah and a few centuries later we got raped again. this time by the japanese. god we suck dick. are politics is kind of out of whack, need to check later if its stable again.


ya" i was thinking about , if they half spanish ? and your not the only one got raped by the spanish , they raped the Native too from where you can call it before they call it Mexico , a Spanish raped a Native and "wl la " a Mexican , big mistake race they ever med "HAHAHA"
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/21/08

insanevzn wrote:


ka12lmic wrote:

anyone who hails from ASIA are called ASIANS. Filipinos are from southeast asia just like indonesia, vietnam amongst others.


So with your argument you would call middle easterners asian as well? The same goes for russians too right? indians??


excerpt from wikipedia:
Asian people,[1] Asiatic[2] or Asian Continental Ancestry Group[2] is a demonym for people from Asia. However, the use of the term varies by country and person, often referring to people from a particular region or subregion of Asia.[3][4] Though it may be based on residence, it is also often considered a "race"[5] or an "ethnic group".[6]

In the United States, Canada, and Australia, the term refers most commonly to people of predominantly East Asian or Southeast Asian ancestry; however in the United Kingdom and Anglophone Africa, the term refers most commonly to South Asians.[7][8] In other countries, the term is applied to all people from Asia in general. In the US, however, Middle Eastern and Central Asian people are usually not considered Asian peoples.[9]

Regardless of these regional definitions, some people insist that anyone from Asia is logically Asian.

4373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / Quezon City, NCR,...
Offline
Posted 2/21/08

Your_Typical_Friend wrote:


wtfreak123 wrote:

arent they half azn cause they gots raped by the spanish....dam spanish....but anyways, yeah it counts as azn...:D all azns r welcome, sept those smelly indians...


yeah and a few centuries later we got raped again. this time by the japanese. god we suck dick. are politics is kind of out of whack, need to check later if its stable again.


Yeah, but the japs took months to have our defenses crumble unlike other countries who only took weeks.
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Beyond
Offline
Posted 2/21/08

ASTG wrote:


Your_Typical_Friend wrote:


wtfreak123 wrote:

arent they half azn cause they gots raped by the spanish....dam spanish....but anyways, yeah it counts as azn...:D all azns r welcome, sept those smelly indians...


yeah and a few centuries later we got raped again. this time by the japanese. god we suck dick. are politics is kind of out of whack, need to check later if its stable again.


Yeah, but the japs took months to have our defenses crumble unlike other countries who only took weeks.


Must be because there were American military bases stationed in the Philippines; otherwise we'd also fall in their grasps within almost the same time.
107168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.