First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply crunchyroll and christianity
Member
992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
hi everyone, after a while of feeling guilty about using this site for a while, because it's illegal content, i've decided to stop. especially today, in malachi 3:5 it says god hates ppl who 'defraud workers of their wages'. aren't we doing that? aren't we not paying for stuff that should be paid for? straight up, i don't think the two can be squared. so, regretfully, but also joyfully, letting jesus be lord all the time, not just when it suits me, im not going to use this site anymore. and don't think, o, what a killjoy, shutup and just go away, i think other christians should have a think too. so there we are. jesus said we should submit to the laws of the land, so i am... wish me luck, it's a massive temptation to just, finish, say, one more episode...
Member
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
huh?
Member
992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
sry, does this not make sense?? please, talk to me, im sticking round to check im not just being freaky and preachy.
Member
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/22/08

Galchamine wrote:

sry, does this not make sense?? please, talk to me, im sticking round to check im not just being freaky and preachy.


no... uh... i just didnt understand it... been a lot in my mind lately.. forgive me..
did you mean that ur going to leave CR because of the anime and all?

what anime are you watching anyway?
Member
992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
not particularly because of *one* anime (bleach/naruto/claymore/somefreakyoneiveforgotten) mostly drama actually, the kmovies, jmovies, and jdrama (so sad), uh sorry, off topic there. umm, ill stay on the forums to chat to ppl. but i just think i'm being wrong. at the same time (v. imp this) i don't want to guilt trip anyone, im not here to say 'YOU'RE WRONG' or anything, but i wanted to know if any other christians had thought about this stuff.
Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
Um well. If watching videos here make you feel guilty, then don't do it. What's worse if self-condemnation. If you don't like what you're doing, then don't do it lest you fault yourself.
It's not about saying what you're doing is right or not. It's about you and God. Guilt is self-judgement and failing that act of behaviour.

Born Again was curiously located at an anime website because... I have no idea. It's a place to reach out. What more to reach to the secular, than out to believers who might already belong to some Christian site? Anyway. God works in mysterious ways. Even if you're quitting the videos, do join us in our forum! I hardly watch anime nowadays because of time.
Member
992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/23/08
that's true. i hadn't really tried locating it in me, if you know what i mean. i've always been trying to blame someone else...? i'm not sure if that makes sense, i guess i've always thought inside 'o, it's cr's fault for having it here, not my fault, etc etc'. your post made a lot of sense. thanks
Member
2697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / at the computer
Offline
Posted 2/25/08
There's a verse in the Bible, phillipians 4:8, "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things." If the anime you watch does not contain any of these things, don't watch or dwell on it.

However, there is another verse that says something about this issue as well. If you have a probem with the videos, don't watch them. You can stay in this group. This group could use all the strong Christians out there to reach out on this site.
Member
992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/27/08
thanks for those verses. especially the philippians one. that is a really good verse to think about because i always say to myself 'well, it's not too bad really...'. thanks. do you know the gist of the other verse? even if you only remember a few words from it, i can search for the verse. feel free to pm me.
Member
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/27/08 , edited 4/18/08

Galchamine wrote:

hi everyone, after a while of feeling guilty about using this site for a while, because it's illegal content, i've decided to stop. especially today, in malachi 3:5 it says god hates ppl who 'defraud workers of their wages'. aren't we doing that? aren't we not paying for stuff that should be paid for? straight up, i don't think the two can be squared. so, regretfully, but also joyfully, letting jesus be lord all the time, not just when it suits me, im not going to use this site anymore. and don't think, o, what a killjoy, shutup and just go away, i think other christians should have a think too. so there we are. jesus said we should submit to the laws of the land, so i am... wish me luck, it's a massive temptation to just, finish, say, one more episode...


Yeah, Mag is right, it's legal. CR is a huge page, it would've been shut down if it was illegal.
Posted 2/27/08 , edited 4/18/08
It's legal. CR's policy gets rid of all licsensed videos.
Member
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/27/08 , edited 4/18/08

SeraphAlford wrote:


magnus102 wrote:

Of topic but I like your avatar. The other day I watched like 6 episodes of Claymore in a row. Massive pwnage



I told you so. Claymore is, in my opinion, easily the best anime of all time. Probably the best manga too, although Berserk is close to that seat too. Thanks, I like my avi too. :P


hmm...maybe il watch it now.. but the fist episode looks scary...so i didnt finish the first ep...
Member
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/27/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:

Of topic but I like your avatar. The other day I watched like 6 episodes of Claymore in a row. Massive pwnage



I told you so. Claymore is, in my opinion, easily the best anime of all time. Probably the best manga too, although Berserk is close to that seat too. Thanks, I like my avi too. :P
Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 2/28/08 , edited 4/18/08
STOP IT WITH THE OFFTOPICNESS!

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.