First  Prev  396  397  398  399  400  401  402  403  404  405  406  407  408  Next  Last
Post Reply The Anime HELP Thread
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/14
I personally hate buying DVD unless I have to. I will pay 10 times the amount if the A/V is noticeably better. Now that is out of the way. I am beginning to notice that a lot of Anime, simply is not out on Blu-ray. I was looking for some "MUST HAVE" movies or TV Shows that are not available on Blu-ray, or not likely to ever be released on Blu-ray. I am new to this Genre and so far I seem to like the TV series' more than movies.

I already went ahead and bought Death Note as I loved the movies and did not even realise the Anime existed.

These are the only titles I am planning to get on DVD (due to no Blu-ray)

-Gantz
-Trigun
-Higurashi (the titles that are not on Blu-ray)

Any other suggestions
59802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 3/11/14

80sfanboy wrote:

I personally hate buying DVD unless I have to. I will pay 10 times the amount if the A/V is noticeably better. Now that is out of the way. I am beginning to notice that a lot of Anime, simply is not out on Blu-ray. I was looking for some "MUST HAVE" movies or TV Shows that are not available on Blu-ray, or not likely to ever be released on Blu-ray. I am new to this Genre and so far I seem to like the TV series' more than movies.

I already went ahead and bought Death Note as I loved the movies and did not even realise the Anime existed.

These are the only titles I am planning to get on DVD (due to no Blu-ray)

-Gantz
-Trigun
-Higurashi (the titles that are not on Blu-ray)

Any other suggestions


Getting Bluray titles in North America is still a relatively new thing. For the most part, they've only been available for the past few years, and older titles haven't been upgraded unless they've sold very well. You'll need to wait as time goes on for things to change.

As for titles like Higurashi... that's out of print and hasn't been rescued by any distributor that I know of. A number of NA distributors like Geneon and Bandai have closed shop here, so you'll have trouble even finding the DVDs on sale, let alone for a reasonable price.
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/14

deadpanditto wrote:


80sfanboy wrote:

I personally hate buying DVD unless I have to. I will pay 10 times the amount if the A/V is noticeably better. Now that is out of the way. I am beginning to notice that a lot of Anime, simply is not out on Blu-ray. I was looking for some "MUST HAVE" movies or TV Shows that are not available on Blu-ray, or not likely to ever be released on Blu-ray. I am new to this Genre and so far I seem to like the TV series' more than movies.

I already went ahead and bought Death Note as I loved the movies and did not even realise the Anime existed.

These are the only titles I am planning to get on DVD (due to no Blu-ray)

-Gantz
-Trigun
-Higurashi (the titles that are not on Blu-ray)

Any other suggestions


Getting Bluray titles in North America is still a relatively new thing. For the most part, they've only been available for the past few years, and older titles haven't been upgraded unless they've sold very well. You'll need to wait as time goes on for things to change.

As for titles like Higurashi... that's out of print and hasn't been rescued by any distributor that I know of. A number of NA distributors like Geneon and Bandai have closed shop here, so you'll have trouble even finding the DVDs on sale, let alone for a reasonable price.


Thanks for your feedback. Do you have any recommendations mate?
20371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 3/11/14

80sfanboy wrote:

Thanks for your feedback. Do you have any recommendations mate?


Might want to ask in the recommendations thread:

Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-7173/recommend-me-an-anime-read-first-post

This thread, that we're in, is help for everything except technical issues or show recommendations, but the thread I linked to is exactly what you're looking for. Hope that helps.

Cheers.
=^.^=
22923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
Does anyone know if the Volume 3 of Bandai's Gurren Lagann release has the entire second half of the show? I'm looking at buying all three volumes on CR's daily deal, but I'm not interested in buying 1-3 if I'm going to have to dig like crazy to complete the show.

8007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
looking for anime about a gaming programming club, but they don't actually program anything. I forgot the name, its a comedy school life anime.
27309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 3/13/14

teamstevo wrote:looking for anime about a gaming programming club, but they don't actually program anything. I forgot the name, its a comedy school life anime.
D-Fragments, maybe? On Funimation and Hulu.
20371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 3/13/14

teamstevo wrote:

looking for anime about a gaming programming club, but they don't actually program anything. I forgot the name, its a comedy school life anime.


Genshiken? | http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genshiken
36713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/13/14 , edited 3/13/14

teamstevo wrote:

looking for anime about a gaming programming club, but they don't actually program anything. I forgot the name, its a comedy school life anime.

The Data Processing Club in Yuyushiki? | http://www.crunchyroll.com/yuyushiki
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
an1 knows where i can see the green lighted animes for 2014 (spring-summer-fall-winter)? (it may seem stupid question, but any answer is much appreciated)

P.S sry to bother!
27309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 3/13/14

Greekhunter89 wrote:an1 knows where i can see the green lighted animes for 2014 (spring-summer-fall-winter)? (it may seem stupid question, but any answer is much appreciated)
anichart.net usually works good enough for me...

8007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/14/14
yeah thanks it was d-frag.
9117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Brockton
Offline
Posted 3/15/14
the name please ?

36713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/15/14

KarenAraragi wrote:

the name please ?


They're fan-created original characters (Ayame Mai Mashiba and Ikuto Ren Shoichi) for Naruto.

Source: http://spiritofwater.deviantart.com/art/IkutoxAyame-Training-Kiss-438822512

Related: http://spiritofwater.deviantart.com/
9117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Brockton
Offline
Posted 3/15/14
thanks
First  Prev  396  397  398  399  400  401  402  403  404  405  406  407  408  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.