First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Self-harmers
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 7/25/07

ahojcookie wrote:

"The more you hate yourself, or the world around you the easier it is to off yourself. Suicide is the most selfish thing a person could ever do. "

So you're saying it's not selfish to expect people to live on even if they don't want to, only because you can't accept that they take the easy way out while you can't?

I believe it's more of it's easier for them to take it away, they think of life as nothing much, when it's not "nothing much". I mean when SOME people commit suicide they think nobody cares about them, when actuality people do. So she's saying it's selfish to take the easy way out because it hurts others a lot. (Just what I think, and if it is correct. I agree. If it's not, I agree with what I just wrote.)
Posted 7/25/07

Dusterbayala wrote:


Josey wrote:

Oh for the love of a fictional character!

Someone just close this thread, it's completely offtopic. The thread was asking for people who had harmed themselves, not a bunch of twats who claim to will never do it.

If you want to slag off emo's, go to the Emo thread, Dicks.

Not just Emo's hurt themselves. Several different kinds of people self-harm, even really successful people with families and decent lives. Not just retarded teenagers with nothing better to do, a lot like you idiots.

Self-harm relieves pain almost the same way Smoking relieves stress, both are addictive, and both are self-destructive.

Just- for god's- oh screw it. It doesn't matter. You're all mind-numbingly narrow-minded dick heads with nothing better to do that to tell everybody else you're better than them.


ok i've watched the videos and read the posts... all i have to say is:

ROFLMFAO!!!

I had friends in HS who cut themselves, i laughed at them too.
they stopped
i laughed some more
we got into fights
we fucked a lot
we did everything under the sun.....
But we NEVER posted some stupid shit like that on the internet.
I bet she's a fucking hero in that little world.
and to that i say :

ROFLMFAO
Grow the fuck up dumbass!

BTW: Dusterbayala > Josey :)


duster is right, partly cause she my pal, partly cause shes damn right. josey, cutting is retarded and so is smoking and drinking. i like drinks and a rare smoke. but cutting is just plain stupid.lets see you cut on yourself, cut your tendons and then your finger movement goes to hell. smoking and drinking arent as dangerous as cutting if done in moderation but cutting should never be an option. youre a retard if you cut on yourself, end of story.
Posted 7/25/07

HokiePokie wrote:


ahojcookie wrote:

"The more you hate yourself, or the world around you the easier it is to off yourself. Suicide is the most selfish thing a person could ever do. "

So you're saying it's not selfish to expect people to live on even if they don't want to, only because you can't accept that they take the easy way out while you can't?

I believe it's more of it's easier for them to take it away, they think of life as nothing much, when it's not "nothing much". I mean when SOME people commit suicide they think nobody cares about them, when actuality people do. So she's saying it's selfish to take the easy way out because it hurts others a lot. (Just what I think, and if it is correct. I agree. If it's not, I agree with what I just wrote.)


Yep, that's what I'm saying.
714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/25/07
i used to cut --- had some problems in the past --- the pain realses chemicals in your body and makes you feel better. i know htat there are other ways to achive this now such as exercise, but you cant really understand why people cut unless you have actually done it yourself.
Posted 7/25/07

RealJudgement_Mohinder wrote:

^^^yeah, it was unexpected because she said that eating food you don't like is self-harming.
my younger sister cut herself alot and tried killing herself, but she wasn't emo, just depressed and had really low self-esteem. She had a disorder, i forgot what it was called... it was BDD i think.
i say meh to people who cut themselves for attention or emo-ness.
@ kyocool- your posts were funny and alarmingly sarcastic..



Haha who says im sarcastic..im pretty much serious..im always serious unless duely noted
but thank you regardless

Trevor (OP)
8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 7/25/07

lumiina wrote:


HokiePokie wrote:


ahojcookie wrote:

"The more you hate yourself, or the world around you the easier it is to off yourself. Suicide is the most selfish thing a person could ever do. "

So you're saying it's not selfish to expect people to live on even if they don't want to, only because you can't accept that they take the easy way out while you can't?

I believe it's more of it's easier for them to take it away, they think of life as nothing much, when it's not "nothing much". I mean when SOME people commit suicide they think nobody cares about them, when actuality people do. So she's saying it's selfish to take the easy way out because it hurts others a lot. (Just what I think, and if it is correct. I agree. If it's not, I agree with what I just wrote.)


Yep, that's what I'm saying.



Still, the same thing applies: Isn't it selfish to expect someone to live on, although they don't want to, just because loosing them will hurt?
Posted 7/25/07

anime_collector wrote:

i used to cut --- had some problems in the past --- the pain realses chemicals in your body and makes you feel better. i know htat there are other ways to achive this now such as exercise, but you cant really understand why people cut unless you have actually done it yourself.


the only chemical it releases is a red fiscus liquid i like to call blood. the only feeling is causes is pain. it doesnt achieve anything other than a scar, scab, pain, blood loss and overall injury.
1029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/25/07
All the sweaty bastards need is a good ol' fashioned bar fight. Violence is the answer, just not to yourself.
Posted 7/25/07

anime_collector wrote:

i used to cut --- had some problems in the past --- the pain realses chemicals in your body and makes you feel better. i know htat there are other ways to achive this now such as exercise, but you cant really understand why people cut unless you have actually done it yourself.



you should work at a sushi house.

( ok ok that was wrong of me )

but why did u do it? I don't understand the concept of hurting yourself
and mutilating your own skin. I mean... shit I'm not self conscious, but
hell I wouldn't want my skin to look like shit.
42013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Fort Meade, MD
Offline
Posted 7/25/07

anime_collector wrote:

i used to cut --- had some problems in the past --- the pain realses chemicals in your body and makes you feel better. i know htat there are other ways to achive this now such as exercise, but you cant really understand why people cut unless you have actually done it yourself.


sex is MUCH better for that
Posted 7/25/07
ahojcookie: no, it's not selfish to expect someone to live on.
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 7/25/07

lumiina wrote:

Ahoj: no, it's not selfish to expect someone to live on.


Anyways, Ahoj, it's selfish/selfless depending on why you don't want them to commit suicide. You don't want to lose someone, that's selfish (but it's not wrong to want someone to stay alive <3.) And you don't want that person to throw away their life, that's selfless in a way. Just kind of depends on the person who doesn't want the person to die's view?

[Edit]: Quoted post was edited...
714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/25/07

skygod333 wrote:


anime_collector wrote:

i used to cut --- had some problems in the past --- the pain realses chemicals in your body and makes you feel better. i know htat there are other ways to achive this now such as exercise, but you cant really understand why people cut unless you have actually done it yourself.


the only chemical it releases is a red fiscus liquid i like to call blood. the only feeling is causes is pain. it doesnt achieve anything other than a scar, scab, pain, blood loss and overall injury.


it does actually. go read a book.
Posted 7/25/07
^ Yea, it does. Just like drinking can make you feel better. It's a temporary relief, but it still hurts, doesn't it? It must take a lot to actually resort to that.
8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 7/25/07
Meh, what I'm saying is that depends on your point of view.

"It's not selfish to expect someone to live on"

Why do you expect people to live on? Notice that expecting something of someone is a questionable thing itsself.

@Hokie: "Just kind of depends on the person who doesn't want the person to die's view?"

You just said it, that person motivation is subjective.

Why is it selfless to not want a person to throw away their lives?

Anyway, this is off-topic and I remember having made a thread concerning these questions, so I don't want to discuss this too deeply, partially because I'm not interested. However, you were just giving the standart argument against suicide. I'm merely suggesting to try a different angle concerning other people's problems, not your own.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.