Created by Yuuffie
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Is it okay to be overweight (80+ lbs over)
4512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F / SMILY♥LAND
Offline
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08

ailin350 wrote:

80lb is overweight? oh my god, I need to go on a diet then

No, I'm pretty he meant 80lb over weight. Not as in you're 80lb and overweight. >.< Not sure if I made sense. O_O
5062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08

sugoipop_16 wrote:

Being 'overweight' isn't acurrate if you're more muscular because muscls weigh mor than fat any wways so if you're all muscles you'll weigh more, so it's not really fair to say that someone is 'overweight', as long as they're healthy there's no problem!


agreed!
5062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08
wow peoplez. weighing 80 lbs isn't overweight!! if u weigh OVER 80lbs more than what u should for ur age and height, then ur overweight (that's what the topic meant) -i got so confuzed reading some of these posts, then i realized some of u got mixed up with info!
21114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08
Well, it kind of depends how overweight the person is. If its something around 10 pounds, its not too serious, but if its over that, I think its going to cause problems.
2498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Michigan.
Offline
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08
i'm a few pounds overweight.
and i'm fine with it. (8

muscle weighs more than fat.
so if you're 'overweight', due to muscle mass (or whatever)
you're still healthy.
468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08
Yes, I do think being 80 lbs over the average weight is bad, I mean, I'm a little chubby and weigh 130 as 5'6, but I think it'd be really unhealthy if someone my age was the same height and weighed 210+, I mean, there can only be a limit.
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08
I don't think people should be overweight. Sure they can do what they want but who chooses to be overweight? Everyone I know who is obese says they're miserable. They're all unhappy with the way they look but it's hard to change. If they're used to pigging out on a daily basis, it's really hard to cut back. I agree with some on here as well. It's easy to stay physically fit and cardio workout actually feels good afterwards. I don't know why more people don't do it. Get off the computer and run some miles =)

eh but i'm of those guys who actually cares about how he looks =D
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08

ILYchristine wrote:

i'm a few pounds overweight.
and i'm fine with it. (8

muscle weighs more than fat.
so if you're 'overweight', due to muscle mass (or whatever)
you're still healthy.


true. I have to get to 185+ pure muscle mass to even get on the football team. I'm at 174 -.-

and trying to gain healthy weight is as hard as trying to lose weight....
2498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Michigan.
Offline
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08

LilLaoWow wrote:


ILYchristine wrote:

i'm a few pounds overweight.
and i'm fine with it. (8

muscle weighs more than fat.
so if you're 'overweight', due to muscle mass (or whatever)
you're still healthy.


true. I have to get to 185+ pure muscle mass to even get on the football team. I'm at 174 -.-

and trying to gain healthy weight is as hard as trying to lose weight....


oh yeah O:
i was watching something on MTV (lol.)
with this guy who was trying to gain healthy weight
(even though he ate like, 341342 pizzas. ew.)

good luck :DD
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08

ILYchristine wrote:


LilLaoWow wrote:


ILYchristine wrote:

i'm a few pounds overweight.
and i'm fine with it. (8

muscle weighs more than fat.
so if you're 'overweight', due to muscle mass (or whatever)
you're still healthy.


true. I have to get to 185+ pure muscle mass to even get on the football team. I'm at 174 -.-

and trying to gain healthy weight is as hard as trying to lose weight....


oh yeah O:
i was watching something on MTV (lol.)
with this guy who was trying to gain healthy weight
(even though he ate like, 341342 pizzas. ew.)

good luck :DD

damn, i must be doing it wrong then. Im not eating all that pizza......................It's more like lotsa weight lifting since i'm going by more muscles=more weight lol

working out=more muscles

makes sense right?

well it's taking too damn long arrgh
1902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / most likely in bed.
Offline
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08
What matters is that you are healthy. Eat healthy and exercise regularly. Usually being overweight can be a sign of unhealthy habits which you should avoid but I don't think being skinny would neccessarily mean you are healthy since there are also plenty of skinny people with really unhealthy habits. In my opinion being overweight isn't a problem but being unhealthy is.
363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / the country of Su...
Offline
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08

tobydiah wrote:

I eat McDonald's as well as other fast food. (not regularly) And I feel fine. It's not really a healthy option but the bad part is if it's eaten in excess and if you never maintain physical activity.




genocannon wrote:

Ditto, I eat fast food on occasion and simply do a harder work-out for the day. I've never listened to those stupid documentaries because all you need to do is burn that fat. I don't think everyone should have to be healthy, but I prefer it that way because you feel better about everything and have more doors open to you. Of course I also find healthy people easier on the eyes(so what if I'm shameless!?).


Try reading the ingredients list for McDonald's french fries. You expect it to be potatoes, hydrogenated vegetable oil, and salt right?

Read this: http://app.mcdonalds.com/bagamcmeal?process=item&itemID=6050

A whole lot of unnecessary ingredients (Antifoaming agents?! That's toxic stuff!). It's even worse for the Big Mac. You've got high fructose corn syrup all over the place (even in the buns!). Supposedly some of the ingredients can be toxic or are a pre-carcinogen (EDTA and sodium benzoate respectively).

It's really not about the fat, but more of the 'other' junk. Fat is easily burned as long as you don't waste your days in front of the tube. All that extra high fructose corn syrup when you already have sugar, it's highly unnecessary. That's why I recommend reading "The Omnivore's Dilemma", it's highly informative on how food gets from the farm to the dinner table.

If you're going to eat fast food, eat something that's small and local. A mom-and-pop restaurant/diner or if you have to have a chain restaurant, In n Out (West coast only). Their beef patties actually smell like beef and their potatoes are fresh.
2942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / canada..........ehh
Offline
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08
......what???? how is 80 pounds overweight maybe if your a kid around 10 or something but i think everyone should be at least 100 pounds. im not sure how much i weigh right now but it just changes from 120 - 130.
2498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Michigan.
Offline
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08

LilLaoWow wrote:


ILYchristine wrote:


LilLaoWow wrote:


ILYchristine wrote:

i'm a few pounds overweight.
and i'm fine with it. (8

muscle weighs more than fat.
so if you're 'overweight', due to muscle mass (or whatever)
you're still healthy.


true. I have to get to 185+ pure muscle mass to even get on the football team. I'm at 174 -.-

and trying to gain healthy weight is as hard as trying to lose weight....


oh yeah O:
i was watching something on MTV (lol.)
with this guy who was trying to gain healthy weight
(even though he ate like, 341342 pizzas. ew.)

good luck :DD

damn, i must be doing it wrong then. Im not eating all that pizza......................It's more like lotsa weight lifting since i'm going by more muscles=more weight lol

working out=more muscles

makes sense right?

well it's taking too damn long arrgh


well, i definitely don't know lot about this
because it's all confusing to me D:
like, you eat food. okay.
but you work out, and burn up all the calories
and then you should get muscled.
or something.
i really don't know how that works out. =/
1520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Secret ^^
Offline
Posted 2/24/08 , edited 4/21/08
You asked: " Is it okay to be overweight (80+ lbs over)"

It depends on your hight and how you're built. If you're very short then this might be too much weight for you, but If you're tall then you might weight more than that and still be allright.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.