WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Maid Cafe
83 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada, Richmond, BC
Offline
Posted 8/21/10
Its fun when the guys who go there are badass an hanging out as a group. Otherwise i hate otakus or pervs who indulge in this nonsense. =.=
4698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / all around the wo...
Offline
Posted 8/21/10
i always thought it would be fun to work in one,since i love halloween and the thought of going to work in a costume would be fun i still find the idea of working in one really exciting
36018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Pluto
Offline
Posted 8/21/10
i want to go to one D:
39 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Asia - Land Of An...
Offline
Posted 12/10/10

Mumii wrote:

What's a Maid Cafe?


One of Japan's pop culture of a cafe where cute moe maids serve the customers, often also featuring interactive activity with the customer such as :
- Game activity where you can play games with the maid.
- Sing with the maid.
- Take photos with the maid.
- Etc

But the most important part is the Moe Moe Kyun magic word you must say with the maid when you order a food or drink to make the food and drink taste better.
Posted 12/10/10 , edited 12/10/10
No.
Hooters is all the maid cafe I need.
9326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sesame Street
Offline
Posted 12/10/10
I would say its basically a hooters in America LOL
Posted 12/10/10
I would go just to experience what it is like in there.
331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Gunma, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/10/10
Maid cafes are embarassing and expensive and a rip off. In Akiba you can see these balding middle aged men walking around with a maid on their arm. They hire the maid to walk around Akiba with them for 1 hour and it's usually some ridiculous price like 20 000 yen
30256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Davao
Offline
Posted 12/11/10
It is creepy when you're the maid and you'd have to wear those cock-provoking attires.
I mean, could you even blame the horny old beans?
12154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Nani mo nai sekai~~
Offline
Posted 12/11/10

-Comic- wrote:

Maid cafes are embarassing and expensive and a rip off. In Akiba you can see these balding middle aged men walking around with a maid on their arm. They hire the maid to walk around Akiba with them for 1 hour and it's usually some ridiculous price like 20 000 yen


I went to an awesome Japanese festival and I met a Japanese Idol and I got an invitation to a maid cafe in NYC... it was really cool but I didn't go, mostly because of what people have been saying in this thread... I'd feel like a total pervert and my rip-off senses were tingling...

But how else are we supposed to support beautiful people?
1194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / i'm outta this wo...
Offline
Posted 12/11/10
we're gonna have a maid cafe for our family fair~!
Posted 12/11/10
x'D if I was cute enough I'd work at one, I love sweet Treats and I'm good at making them, and I really like the happy atmosphere and the uniforms are just too adorable ^-^ too bad they only choose cute girls 9_9, oh well. I do know that Maid Cafes arent for pedos and perves anymore, lots of girls go there too actually lol X3 I think its the sweets and the cuteness that attract the female costumers
331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Gunma, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/11/10

TousukeChan wrote:


-Comic- wrote:

Maid cafes are embarassing and expensive and a rip off. In Akiba you can see these balding middle aged men walking around with a maid on their arm. They hire the maid to walk around Akiba with them for 1 hour and it's usually some ridiculous price like 20 000 yen


I went to an awesome Japanese festival and I met a Japanese Idol and I got an invitation to a maid cafe in NYC... it was really cool but I didn't go, mostly because of what people have been saying in this thread... I'd feel like a total pervert and my rip-off senses were tingling...

But how else are we supposed to support beautiful people?


Wooooo, which idol did you meet? Some young guys go into maid cafes just for the novelty and experience, so no one will judge you. But you know those middle-aged or really otaku like people that go and drool over the women wearing aprons. I went to a maid cafe in Akiba with my otaku friend once and there was a guy who paid 3000 yen (about 30 dollars) to play janken (rock-paper-scissors) with a maid. Those are the people that you're talking about.
12154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Nani mo nai sekai~~
Offline
Posted 12/11/10

-Comic- wrote:


TousukeChan wrote:


-Comic- wrote:

Maid cafes are embarassing and expensive and a rip off. In Akiba you can see these balding middle aged men walking around with a maid on their arm. They hire the maid to walk around Akiba with them for 1 hour and it's usually some ridiculous price like 20 000 yen


I went to an awesome Japanese festival and I met a Japanese Idol and I got an invitation to a maid cafe in NYC... it was really cool but I didn't go, mostly because of what people have been saying in this thread... I'd feel like a total pervert and my rip-off senses were tingling...

But how else are we supposed to support beautiful people?


Wooooo, which idol did you meet? Some young guys go into maid cafes just for the novelty and experience, so no one will judge you. But you know those middle-aged or really otaku like people that go and drool over the women wearing aprons. I went to a maid cafe in Akiba with my otaku friend once and there was a guy who paid 3000 yen (about 30 dollars) to play janken (rock-paper-scissors) with a maid. Those are the people that you're talking about.


Reni Mimura, whose whole angle is being a Japanese Idol in New York lol. It was pretty cool that she was there when I visited. Now I'm a little interested in why there's a maid cafe in NY O.o

Do you think those kinds of otaku exist in the US? That's a little extreme for a game of roshambo or a walk around town ($200?!!?)... Don't the maids get a little... uncomfortable?
331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Gunma, Japan
Offline
Posted 12/11/10

TousukeChan wrote:


-Comic- wrote:


TousukeChan wrote:


-Comic- wrote:

Maid cafes are embarassing and expensive and a rip off. In Akiba you can see these balding middle aged men walking around with a maid on their arm. They hire the maid to walk around Akiba with them for 1 hour and it's usually some ridiculous price like 20 000 yen


I went to an awesome Japanese festival and I met a Japanese Idol and I got an invitation to a maid cafe in NYC... it was really cool but I didn't go, mostly because of what people have been saying in this thread... I'd feel like a total pervert and my rip-off senses were tingling...

But how else are we supposed to support beautiful people?


Wooooo, which idol did you meet? Some young guys go into maid cafes just for the novelty and experience, so no one will judge you. But you know those middle-aged or really otaku like people that go and drool over the women wearing aprons. I went to a maid cafe in Akiba with my otaku friend once and there was a guy who paid 3000 yen (about 30 dollars) to play janken (rock-paper-scissors) with a maid. Those are the people that you're talking about.


Reni Mimura, whose whole angle is being a Japanese Idol in New York lol. It was pretty cool that she was there when I visited. Now I'm a little interested in why there's a maid cafe in NY O.o

Do you think those kinds of otaku exist in the US? That's a little extreme for a game of roshambo or a walk around town ($200?!!?)... Don't the maids get a little... uncomfortable?


Oh her, I don't know much about her, I don't like maid style

I don't know about the US, unfortunately I've never been there, but there's plenty here in Japan, they're everywhere!! And there are maids standing in every corner in the major areas of Tokyo like Ikebukuro, Shinjuku, Shibuya and obv Akiba. They hand out packs of tissues.

The maids like their job, they get paid a lot of money for just talking. And there's rules you have to obey when you're with a maid like no touching, kissing, only looking and talking. If you want to hold their hand you have to pay, if you want a hug you have to pay.

I mean these girls can choose to be waitresses or work in Starbucks but they want to be maids. Its not prostitution I guess
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.