First  Prev  171  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  179  180  181  182  183  Next  Last
Post Reply The General Help/Advice Thread
23570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/14/12
I am promoting a charity for a voice actor (Dan Green), but I need help promoting this, what are good promoting ideas?

Here is the link to my plan (and the reason my username is SonicGenesisKing): https://sites.google.com/site/charlessupersonicziese/charity
4565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 3/14/12

SonicGenesisKing wrote:

I am promoting a charity for a voice actor (Dan Green), but I need help promoting this, what are good promoting ideas?

Here is the link to my plan (and the reason my username is SonicGenesisKing): https://sites.google.com/site/charlessupersonicziese/charity


That's pretty tough to do, you might want to try streaming your runs on twitch TV that place is like a speed runner hang out. Here is where all the speed runner hang out http://speedrunslive.com/ (You likely have been there already?) You would have to play the game a lot and find people to race and make the game popular at twitch.
You can have a link to it in your channel too.

If you can get followers on twitch TV you can donate your donations.... I don't think you'll get a lot because I don't think sonic is very popular at least on twitch it isn't. You could try a different game I guess that would be hard tho.

OR

If you know someone with a popular anime or game blog they might be able to help you. You could just try to find somebody with one and ask them.

Good luck,

Posted 3/20/12 , edited 3/20/12
When I was little, I was told by some pastor that I would burn in Hell if I didn't believe in God. Afterwards, my mom told him off and I guess I must have forgotten it for a while, but at about 16, I really started doubting his existence. I remembered what the pastor said and at night, I would just lay in bed thinking the minute I stopped believing, the Devil would get me. So I wasn't really sleeping since my thought seconds before was always, "God doesn't exist." Then I would completely wake up, say I didn't mean it, and hope he wouldn't come.

After a while, I finally told someone who said, "People all over the world have those they believe in just as strongly as Christians believe in God. Do you really think all of those people are wrong? Are all of those people supposed to go to Hell because they don't believe in that one God? If you tell them their god is your God, just imagine how pissed off they'd get. So, whose god is it?" I was finally able to sleep without worrying so much after that. As time went on, I considered myself an Agnostic. I believe there is SOMETHING there, but that it could be anything. However, I also knew it was still possible for God to be real.

I talked to a therapist yesterday and told him what I was thinking. Since I can't deny the existence of God, I came to the conclusion that questioning something you can't see is inevitable, and to punish someone for doing so would make him a cruel God. He then asked me if I was afraid to die, to which I said "no" - but that the only reason I wasn't is because I must have figured overtime that I could stay in the ground if I chose. I made myself SO CONFUSED. I've never viewed life as a race to get to the prize because life has it's downs AND ups, and I don't really care if there's somewhere that's "always perfect" after death because I kind of just want it all to be over and done with. I don't think it matters much to me whether everything's good or not. I don't really want to live forever with a body, a soul, or both. I've already been through a lot and hopefully have many years left - I imagine, by then, I'll just want to sleep. And people tell me that because their God is real, I don't have a choice? What kind of bullshit is that? If I spend my life doing my best to be good to people but don't believe in God because I can't SEE him, I don't understand why I should be forced to do anything after death that I don't want to. I don't think I'm asking a lot - technically, I'm not asking for ANYTHING but to be left where I already am! It's not like I necessarily believe in the Devil, either. People argue that heaven is whatever you want it to be, even if it's just staying in the ground - however, again, I am doubting the existence of God so according to the Bible, I wouldn't be going there ANYWAY. Staying in the ground and getting rid of my soul just seems like a lot less work for all of us.

But, my first question is, is that right? Should I be more curious about the purpose of an afterlife? Will that decide for me what life actually means? If what I want is to stay in the ground after I die, would it be fair to assume I even had a choice or should I face the reality of it which is, I just don't know?

I feel like, versus accepting the unknown, I am coming up with my own scenario as to what will and should happen, and maybe I am afraid of dying without said belief. Is it even possible to be ok with not knowing? I want to be happy with what is. I don't want to set myself up for things that may not be true. And in the end, at least in my opinion, the only thing we're sure of is that we aren't sure of anything.
Posted 3/21/12
Calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people.
4522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 3/21/12 , edited 3/21/12

wrote:

When I was little, I was told by some pastor that I would burn in Hell if I didn't believe in God. Afterwards, my mom told him off and I guess I must have forgotten it for a while, but at about 16, I really started doubting his existence. I remembered what the pastor said and at night, I would just lay in bed thinking the minute I stopped believing, the Devil would get me. So I wasn't really sleeping since my thought seconds before was always, "God doesn't exist." Then I would completely wake up, say I didn't mean it, and hope he wouldn't come.

After a while, I finally told someone who said, "People all over the world have those they believe in just as strongly as Christians believe in God. Do you really think all of those people are wrong? Are all of those people supposed to go to Hell because they don't believe in that one God? If you tell them their god is your God, just imagine how pissed off they'd get. So, whose god is it?" I was finally able to sleep without worrying so much after that. As time went on, I considered myself an Agnostic. I believe there is SOMETHING there, but that it could be anything. However, I also knew it was still possible for God to be real.

I talked to a therapist yesterday and told him what I was thinking. Since I can't deny the existence of God, I came to the conclusion that questioning something you can't see is inevitable, and to punish someone for doing so would make him a cruel God. He then asked me if I was afraid to die, to which I said "no" - but that the only reason I wasn't is because I must have figured overtime that I could stay in the ground if I chose. I made myself SO CONFUSED. I've never viewed life as a race to get to the prize because life has it's downs AND ups, and I don't really care if there's somewhere that's "always perfect" after death because I kind of just want it all to be over and done with. I don't think it matters much to me whether everything's good or not. I don't really want to live forever with a body, a soul, or both. I've already been through a lot and hopefully have many years left - I imagine, by then, I'll just want to sleep. And people tell me that because their God is real, I don't have a choice? What kind of bullshit is that? If I spend my life doing my best to be good to people but don't believe in God because I can't SEE him, I don't understand why I should be forced to do anything after death that I don't want to. I don't think I'm asking a lot - technically, I'm not asking for ANYTHING but to be left where I already am! It's not like I necessarily believe in the Devil, either. People argue that heaven is whatever you want it to be, even if it's just staying in the ground - however, again, I am doubting the existence of God so according to the Bible, I wouldn't be going there ANYWAY. Staying in the ground and getting rid of my soul just seems like a lot less work for all of us.

But, my first question is, is that right? Should I be more curious about the purpose of an afterlife? Will that decide for me what life actually means? If what I want is to stay in the ground after I die, would it be fair to assume I even had a choice or should I face the reality of it which is, I just don't know?

I feel like, versus accepting the unknown, I am coming up with my own scenario as to what will and should happen, and maybe I am afraid of dying without said belief. Is it even possible to be ok with not knowing? I want to be happy with what is. I don't want to set myself up for things that may not be true. And in the end, at least in my opinion, the only thing we're sure of is that we aren't sure of anything.


Long answer short. You have to find your own meaning in life, nothing is wrong with how you think or what you think. You can't go off what a pastor say, or anyone for that matter. No one truly knows whats behind the doors at death's gate. Live your life, don't worry about god, death or hell. Believe in what you want too. At the end of the day its your mind, thats your choice. If its not in your heart to believe in god, why are you trying to force yourself too? You're only setting yourself up for failure. You don't always need a religion to be successful, thats how I look at it. I'm agnostic myself, I believe there is a entity up there, but its far beyond our comprehension to truly ever understand, so don't waste your life trying too because someone said you're going to burn in hell if you don't attend church on sunday and wednesday.




13741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/22/12
I've always had two best friends ever since elementary school but one of them isn't any more. So what happened was during grade nine, my friend asked me out and I rejected him and told him "oh, maybe you should try for my friend". Later on they started dating and things got complicated when he cheated on her and she found out. That was probably a week in the relationship. Later on, she forgave him and they dated for 4 years. During that time of four years, she cheated on him like maybe 5 times and admitted she never loved him and used him for money and then broke up with him after our last exams. He was heartbroken because he really loved her and I was depressed because while they were dating, we came over to a friends house and a few hours later, she was cuddling with my ex..naked and that was probably the most scariest thing I've ever seen. I was over my ex though but seeing that scared me. By the way, her bf was one of my best friends. Her bf (or ex right now) cried for months and pretty much we had to stablize himn because he was going to suicide.

After her and her bf broke up, she immediately went to my ex and didn't tell me that she was dating him and told everyone else. Everyone else told me and I got upset so I just "played along" and pretend I didn't know. At Canada's Day, she left me at the middle of the night running to my ex and ditched me. I later on caught up with her and she was with him. I was kinda upset that she ran away from me. Later, I just played along and I turned around and they kissed behind my back. I turned around quickly because I saw what happened and asked her why she didn't tell me and why she hid it and kissed behind my back. She told me "Oh, it wasn't the right time, I was planning on it."

So later, I discussed this with our friends and we found out that she cheated on our friend (her ex bf) with 5 different guys and used him for money. We also found out that she has been wearing bras and very short skirts everywhere in public and it was...odd.

Later on, she tried to blame me that I "Stole" the guy (my ex) away from him and that she loved him that whole entire time. I was confused because I didn't steal him away. I was with another guy for what two years? And she accuses me of stealing him? I dunno. I never did anything. The only thing I did was at grade nine, she told me she liked him and told me to SWEAR I never would tell. Later on my ex asked and I said "oh you should ask her. I don't know."

So yeah, she tried making me the bad one. She deleted everyone off facebook and doesn't talk to any of us anymore. It's been maybe half a year now and she broke up with him. She called my a bitch and that she hates me and that I should die because I ruined her love life. I don't know why. I still care about her considering she was my best friend ever since elementary school but I don't know. Should I forgive her?
Posted 3/23/12

figureskateforever wrote:

Here's my issue...

I go to a Catholic Private All-Girls school (I've gone to private school my whole life). I have no ways to meet guys other than dances where we invite guys from other private schools, and needless to say they aren't the best guys at dances. AND I haven't met any there. I am not the prettiest and am definitely not the smallest. I hate not being able to meet guys or have guy friends. I (sadly) don't think I even know how to talk to guys.

I am 16 never been kissed (other than preschool and 3rd but those weren't "REAL"). I'm just wondering how all of you meet guys outside of school. It would be great to be able to have guy friends rather than all my girl friends.

Thanks
<3 Ciara


what i do to meet guys is do one of those out of school things thats both for girl and guys like art class or whatever you enjoy and if you dont wannado that, do what i do, catch the eye of a guy (whos by himself), smile at him, if he smiles an akward 'ok i dont know you smile', move out but if he smiles back like a nice person and the feelings right, your in!! just talk, and keep in mind his human so talk and treat him like a human. or ask your friends to hock you up with some guy ;p
20589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 3/27/12 , edited 3/27/12

kawaii_puchiko wrote:

Should I forgive her?


No.

At least not to her face. You should move on. If you want to forgive her in you own mind so that you can move on in peace, then do so, but don't call her, text her, email her, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, etc...If you want to say that "to err is human" then do so, but forgiveness is a gift you give yourself to help cool the bonds of anger before they become revenge.


Acceptance and tolerance and forgiveness, those are life-altering lessons. -Jessica Lange

Forgiveness is the key to action and freedom. -Hannah Arendt


Later in life, you'll both age and meet again. If she asks for forgiveness, then do so. You'll try to become friends because both of you will tell the other that you've grown and changed, but you should remember something: it's very rare for someone the change deeply enough to win back trust, and that's what she's broken here, so forgive, but don't forget.

159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 3/29/12 , edited 3/29/12
At work I have been debating on putting in for a promotion, I worked for this company 6 years, which is longer than 85% of the people who have a higher position me. I keep getting asked why I havn't promoted up yet, the truth is I'm not confident in my leadership abilities. Right now it's very hard to deal with some of the people I work with, I think one of them is bi-polar. Some people are just plain annoying, it takes every once of my strength to have patience with them. You can't make people listen to you, if you threaten people they may listen to you, but then they won't trust you. I just don't know how people deal with a leadership roll. With the boss they have now, they don't listen to her either, they just do whatever they want to do. Can a follower ever become a good leader? What makes a good leader?
13741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/29/12

Hairbelly wrote:


kawaii_puchiko wrote:

Should I forgive her?


No.

At least not to her face. You should move on. If you want to forgive her in you own mind so that you can move on in peace, then do so, but don't call her, text her, email her, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, etc...If you want to say that "to err is human" then do so, but forgiveness is a gift you give yourself to help cool the bonds of anger before they become revenge.


Acceptance and tolerance and forgiveness, those are life-altering lessons. -Jessica Lange

Forgiveness is the key to action and freedom. -Hannah Arendt


Later in life, you'll both age and meet again. If she asks for forgiveness, then do so. You'll try to become friends because both of you will tell the other that you've grown and changed, but you should remember something: it's very rare for someone the change deeply enough to win back trust, and that's what she's broken here, so forgive, but don't forget.



Thank you very much. Oops, sorry for the spelling mistake.
253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 4/1/12
You can let everyone know what is on your mind, but let only a few know what is in your heart.
31325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/3/12

figureskateforever wrote:

Here's my issue...

I go to a Catholic Private All-Girls school (I've gone to private school my whole life). I have no ways to meet guys other than dances where we invite guys from other private schools, and needless to say they aren't the best guys at dances. AND I haven't met any there. I am not the prettiest and am definitely not the smallest. I hate not being able to meet guys or have guy friends. I (sadly) don't think I even know how to talk to guys.

I am 16 never been kissed (other than preschool and 3rd but those weren't "REAL"). I'm just wondering how all of you meet guys outside of school. It would be great to be able to have guy friends rather than all my girl friends.

Thanks
<3 Ciara


I went to a private all-boys Catholic school and I feel your pain. All I can tell you is that everything will change when you go to college. I am sure everyone has told you not to rush things. Easy to say, not so easy to do. My advice is get involved in activities outside of school and get to know people. I was active in my local church youth group and I did volunteer work; sport clubs were not my gig...
31325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/3/12

Chr1sten wrote:

At work I have been debating on putting in for a promotion, I worked for this company 6 years, which is longer than 85% of the people who have a higher position me. I keep getting asked why I havn't promoted up yet, the truth is I'm not confident in my leadership abilities. Right now it's very hard to deal with some of the people I work with, I think one of them is bi-polar. Some people are just plain annoying, it takes every once of my strength to have patience with them. You can't make people listen to you, if you threaten people they may listen to you, but then they won't trust you. I just don't know how people deal with a leadership roll. With the boss they have now, they don't listen to her either, they just do whatever they want to do. Can a follower ever become a good leader? What makes a good leader?



Followers become leaders all the time, just read any book on military history. It does not happen over time and people make mistakes but that is how you learn.

Good leaders are decisive, fair, not afraid to delegate, and not afraid to hold people accountable. The fact that you are thinking about it is an indication that you think you can bring something to the table to improve not only your work environment but also your standard of living.

The only guarantee in your situation is that if you do not apply, you will not get promoted.
37 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
72 / M / Heaven
Offline
Posted 4/4/12

figureskateforever wrote:

Here's my issue...

I go to a Catholic Private All-Girls school (I've gone to private school my whole life). I have no ways to meet guys other than dances where we invite guys from other private schools, and needless to say they aren't the best guys at dances. AND I haven't met any there. I am not the prettiest and am definitely not the smallest. I hate not being able to meet guys or have guy friends. I (sadly) don't think I even know how to talk to guys.

I am 16 never been kissed (other than preschool and 3rd but those weren't "REAL"). I'm just wondering how all of you meet guys outside of school. It would be great to be able to have guy friends rather than all my girl friends.

Thanks
<3 Ciara


School has man teachers yes? If not, Janitors?
16033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/5/12

Chr1sten wrote:

At work I have been debating on putting in for a promotion, I worked for this company 6 years, which is longer than 85% of the people who have a higher position me. I keep getting asked why I havn't promoted up yet, the truth is I'm not confident in my leadership abilities. Right now it's very hard to deal with some of the people I work with, I think one of them is bi-polar. Some people are just plain annoying, it takes every once of my strength to have patience with them. You can't make people listen to you, if you threaten people they may listen to you, but then they won't trust you. I just don't know how people deal with a leadership roll. With the boss they have now, they don't listen to her either, they just do whatever they want to do. Can a follower ever become a good leader? What makes a good leader?


One of the important characteristics of a leader is taking initiative. Everyone doubts themself, some self doubt is useful to keep you grounded and in check but always doubting yourself is a foolish way to live. Plunge yourself into the deep end. What do you have to loose? You will gain leadership abilities once you put yourself in position where you have to lead. If your colleagues do not follow your current boss and she does not care or know then she is a terrible leader.
In a leadership role it is important to achieve results, you may have to drive everyone hard and they will hate you for it. But a boss is a boss.
First  Prev  171  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  179  180  181  182  183  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.