First  Prev  176  177  178  179  180  181  182  183  184  185  186  187  188  Next  Last
Post Reply The General Help/Advice Thread
Posted 5/28/12

SHRKPM wrote:


D01BCDN3 wrote:


SHRKPM wrote:

xD You don't love anything? That just says you aren't mature enough. lol Why don't you just focus on getting a mediocre job? Like a job at McDonalds or Burger King first. All you really need right now is time to think about what you want. I have no idea how old you are, but right now, if you are in college, why don't you just get your undergraduate classes over with. You don't have to decide right now. What I think might help you is looking at different perspectives. Right now, you're probably just stuck. So, just imagine to your heart's content. I think I'm very much like you. When people ask what I want to be when I grow up, I could never give a response because I don't have anything I truly have a passion for. I just live from day to day. People also tell me to go into art, but I don't have any passion for it. When you come down to it, I think that you'll do something completely different from what you are now. I'm sorry if I'm not any help and repetitive. xP


Meh, I am very immature; you've no idea. Or, I just lack a lot of sentiments. It's not that you're no help, I actually think you're a lot of help (thank you very much, by the way), but in this predicament, you're floating on the same boat as I am. I am telling you, I was you back then. I told myself to just stay calm, get a job at McDonald's or Burger King and work with my generals and then find my dream job. As you can see, I am still concrete stuck. And to be honest, I help out at my parents' farm, which demotes my chances of getting an actual job. I am really stuck. I even signed my major as nursing. ROFL. I love myself way too much....


Are you saying I'm screwed? D: xD jk Do you like farming? lol Why don't you volunteer at nursing homes or something. It'd be fun... changing an old man's diaper. [i love myself like crazy too. xD]


You could end up like me, or the other way around, which is much brighter than my path. No, I don't like farming. I hate it, but I am kind, so I help out. Yeah, about that.....
3193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/28/12

D01BCDN3 wrote:


SHRKPM wrote:


D01BCDN3 wrote:


SHRKPM wrote:

xD You don't love anything? That just says you aren't mature enough. lol Why don't you just focus on getting a mediocre job? Like a job at McDonalds or Burger King first. All you really need right now is time to think about what you want. I have no idea how old you are, but right now, if you are in college, why don't you just get your undergraduate classes over with. You don't have to decide right now. What I think might help you is looking at different perspectives. Right now, you're probably just stuck. So, just imagine to your heart's content. I think I'm very much like you. When people ask what I want to be when I grow up, I could never give a response because I don't have anything I truly have a passion for. I just live from day to day. People also tell me to go into art, but I don't have any passion for it. When you come down to it, I think that you'll do something completely different from what you are now. I'm sorry if I'm not any help and repetitive. xP


Meh, I am very immature; you've no idea. Or, I just lack a lot of sentiments. It's not that you're no help, I actually think you're a lot of help (thank you very much, by the way), but in this predicament, you're floating on the same boat as I am. I am telling you, I was you back then. I told myself to just stay calm, get a job at McDonald's or Burger King and work with my generals and then find my dream job. As you can see, I am still concrete stuck. And to be honest, I help out at my parents' farm, which demotes my chances of getting an actual job. I am really stuck. I even signed my major as nursing. ROFL. I love myself way too much....


Are you saying I'm screwed? D: xD jk Do you like farming? lol Why don't you volunteer at nursing homes or something. It'd be fun... changing an old man's diaper. [i love myself like crazy too. xD]


You could end up like me, or the other way around, which is much brighter than my path. No, I don't like farming. I hate it, but I am kind, so I help out. Yeah, about that.....


Haha, I was just kidding, but volunteering is actually a pretty good start. You could put it on a resume and people are craving for cheap labor. xD I think you should also make a million friends. Just talk to people. Connections are also everything. ;D And I think I should thank you, too. Talking to you is making me realize things I haven't before. xD
Posted 5/28/12

SHRKPM wrote:


D01BCDN3 wrote:


SHRKPM wrote:


D01BCDN3 wrote:


SHRKPM wrote:

xD You don't love anything? That just says you aren't mature enough. lol Why don't you just focus on getting a mediocre job? Like a job at McDonalds or Burger King first. All you really need right now is time to think about what you want. I have no idea how old you are, but right now, if you are in college, why don't you just get your undergraduate classes over with. You don't have to decide right now. What I think might help you is looking at different perspectives. Right now, you're probably just stuck. So, just imagine to your heart's content. I think I'm very much like you. When people ask what I want to be when I grow up, I could never give a response because I don't have anything I truly have a passion for. I just live from day to day. People also tell me to go into art, but I don't have any passion for it. When you come down to it, I think that you'll do something completely different from what you are now. I'm sorry if I'm not any help and repetitive. xP


Meh, I am very immature; you've no idea. Or, I just lack a lot of sentiments. It's not that you're no help, I actually think you're a lot of help (thank you very much, by the way), but in this predicament, you're floating on the same boat as I am. I am telling you, I was you back then. I told myself to just stay calm, get a job at McDonald's or Burger King and work with my generals and then find my dream job. As you can see, I am still concrete stuck. And to be honest, I help out at my parents' farm, which demotes my chances of getting an actual job. I am really stuck. I even signed my major as nursing. ROFL. I love myself way too much....


Are you saying I'm screwed? D: xD jk Do you like farming? lol Why don't you volunteer at nursing homes or something. It'd be fun... changing an old man's diaper. [i love myself like crazy too. xD]


You could end up like me, or the other way around, which is much brighter than my path. No, I don't like farming. I hate it, but I am kind, so I help out. Yeah, about that.....


Haha, I was just kidding, but volunteering is actually a pretty good start. You could put it on a resume and people are craving for cheap labor. xD I think you should also make a million friends. Just talk to people. Connections are also everything. ;D And I think I should thank you, too. Talking to you is making me realize things I haven't before. xD


I actually do have to do that, if I am willing (which I will have) to be a nurse. Wipe butts and yeah! I actually do a lot of volunteer work, but I just don't talk to people. Oh, really, is that so? I guess I helped you, too. No problem, then.
3193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/28/12


lol xD I think your biggest problem is that you don't talk to people then. >:D It's my problem, too. Dx I'm such a loner... lol And if you volunteer, I bet there are, like, a million inspirational people to talk to. xD Just talk to old wise men. They're sooo inspirational, dude. I couldn't close my mouth after a conversation with one one time a million years ago. xP
Posted 5/28/12

SHRKPM wrote:



lol xD I think your biggest problem is that you don't talk to people then. >:D It's my problem, too. Dx I'm such a loner... lol And if you volunteer, I bet there are, like, a million inspirational people to talk to. xD Just talk to old wise men. They're sooo inspirational, dude. I couldn't close my mouth after a conversation with one one time a million years ago. xP


LOL, that sounds like a lot of work. It's not that I do it on purpose. I just don't like conversations because they tend to fry me in about an hour or two. So, I just limit myself when I talk to people. I will consider that, however. Thank you.
3193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/28/12

D01BCDN3 wrote:


SHRKPM wrote:



lol xD I think your biggest problem is that you don't talk to people then. >:D It's my problem, too. Dx I'm such a loner... lol And if you volunteer, I bet there are, like, a million inspirational people to talk to. xD Just talk to old wise men. They're sooo inspirational, dude. I couldn't close my mouth after a conversation with one one time a million years ago. xP


LOL, that sounds like a lot of work. It's not that I do it on purpose. I just don't like conversations because they tend to fry me in about an hour or two. So, I just limit myself when I talk to people. I will consider that, however. Thank you.


You're welcome. lol xD I totally know what you're talking about. My mom does that to me all the time, that's why I always avoid conversation.
Posted 5/28/12

SHRKPM wrote:


D01BCDN3 wrote:


SHRKPM wrote:



lol xD I think your biggest problem is that you don't talk to people then. >:D It's my problem, too. Dx I'm such a loner... lol And if you volunteer, I bet there are, like, a million inspirational people to talk to. xD Just talk to old wise men. They're sooo inspirational, dude. I couldn't close my mouth after a conversation with one one time a million years ago. xP


LOL, that sounds like a lot of work. It's not that I do it on purpose. I just don't like conversations because they tend to fry me in about an hour or two. So, I just limit myself when I talk to people. I will consider that, however. Thank you.


You're welcome. lol xD I totally know what you're talking about. My mom does that to me all the time, that's why I always avoid conversation.


Well, we need improvement, then.
3193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/28/12

D01BCDN3 wrote:


SHRKPM wrote:


D01BCDN3 wrote:


SHRKPM wrote:



lol xD I think your biggest problem is that you don't talk to people then. >:D It's my problem, too. Dx I'm such a loner... lol And if you volunteer, I bet there are, like, a million inspirational people to talk to. xD Just talk to old wise men. They're sooo inspirational, dude. I couldn't close my mouth after a conversation with one one time a million years ago. xP


LOL, that sounds like a lot of work. It's not that I do it on purpose. I just don't like conversations because they tend to fry me in about an hour or two. So, I just limit myself when I talk to people. I will consider that, however. Thank you.


You're welcome. lol xD I totally know what you're talking about. My mom does that to me all the time, that's why I always avoid conversation.


Well, we need improvement, then.


We do. xD
Posted 5/29/12 , edited 5/29/12

D01BCDN3 wrote:

Why does my nose keep bleeding? I know it's certainly not my fingers.

And there is no way I am kidding on this one. Heck, I'd rely on Google, but that site irritates my pants off more than most of you people do.

I am serious. Do you guys ever get random bloody noses, even though it's not humid? Just random bloody noses that last for a bit and then consecutively comes back within an hour? How about those times where blood just keeps strolling out from your nostrils- not only for fifteen minutes, but for an hour or so? (You don't even need to dig into your nose to get a bloody nose!) Yeah, tell me about it. I hate drinking water just to make up for it. But, because I am a good person, I do it to benefit myself.

I also know that this is not because of seasonal changes; how the heck does that even affect me? I mean, I get them not because of the season changes, but I just get them. Maybe I have cancer or something. ROFL, I am kidding. No, I am just kidding. Maybe it is just because of the seasonal changes. I mean, if a rainy day can affect my mood, I am sure a sunny day can erupt my blood. And then a super cold day can freeze my blood....and squeeze it out from my nostrils? What? :o


I think your period is coming off the wrong way. Nosebleeds happen mostly when your nose is dry which is when the already weak blood vessels there are even more vulnerable.
2637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Wherever the wind...
Offline
Posted 5/29/12 , edited 5/29/12

D01BCDN3 wrote:

Oh, maybe a more serious question would do. Okay, so I've been talking to a lot of counselors, family members and friends about college careers for awhile now, but they've all given me the same answer: follow your heart.

Well, I wish it would be that simple. Follow my heart. Follow my heart? Alright, let's step back a bit here; I can't read my heart. I don't know what my heart is saying other than it beating. I am just saying that I don't know what my heart wants, either. My mind..what does my mind tell me? It's telling me, "choose something or die now, you pathetic fool!"-- yeah, I like that a lot. And I am telling myself, "maybe I do have something that I want to do in my near future, but I am just afraid to say it out loud", but when I think about it, I don't. I don't have anything. I don't know what to do with my life. I have absolutely no idea what I am living for other than to search for a future. Do I get money for that? Am I happy about searching for my future? No, but I am sure it pays a lot of relief to myself.

Alright, I have been pressured from my parents to either be a nurse, or pick cans from the street (as a joke, of course), or take over their farm (which I indubitably hate, so that's off the chart). I am left with nursing. I don't mind nursing. Sure it's a lot of work, but what isn't a lot of work? I got my education for something worthy, not something to complain about. However, I don't want to go for nursing just because my parents are pressuring me, or just because it's better than the penultimates. I don't want to be a nurse. Not because I am lazy, but because I don't have good interaction skills. I am not good at maths. I am not strong with people. Okay, I just don't want to be a nurse. I can already see myself dying during the process.

My friends and siblings are saying I should go into music (professional singing). Look for people who are scouting as well and join. Fight my way in. Join all of those television shows, or do recordings and see what happens. I wish it were that simple, but I honestly don't want to be a singer. I don't like crowds of people. I don't like performing, I like watching. Also, I have no passion for it.

My teachers are all recommending me to go for art. First of all, I don't even know what most of the art things that they have mentioned are. Sometimes, I have to look up what cross-hatching really is or looks like. And to be honest, I use cross-hatching all the time! So, they want me to be an artist? Secondly, I hate deadlines and I am not really motivated to do art things. Thirdly, as I have mentioned before, I have no passion for art.

So, those are just the three inquiries that have stumbled upon me. My main question now: for those of you who didn't know what to do with your lives after high school, how did you overcome it?-- Whether you did know, but you were afraid to state it; whether you didn't know but you still managed to make a good living; how did you find yourself?

Damn, I've never typed so much just because I am frustrated at myself.


I am in college right now and I had the same problem you have now when I was still in high school. This worked for me and this MIGHT work for you. If you have the time and the money, just pursue any career (anything, really) just for the sake of not turning into a bum. After a few months (or years xD) after putting up with a few stupid people and (if you're lucky)experiencing interesting encounters you might realize what you really want to do with your life. When you do realize that what you're doing sucks and that something else is better, quit that shizz ASAP and pursue what you want. But 'trial and error' is only possible if you have enough moolah to spend and if you can afford to waste time. -_- Anyway, you'll still gain experience through this so it's better than doing nothing at all. As long as you're not as fickle as the weather with the urge to switch careers every year then you should be fine. Remember, life is an unpredictable bitch. Whichever path you'll take, she'll always find a way to make your life suck. So don't readily dismiss venturing into the unknown as an option. Who knows, maybe you'll like it or maybe it'll lead you to what you WILL want to do.
Posted 5/29/12

KatSerEst wrote:

I am in college right now and I had the same problem you have now when I was still in high school. This worked for me and this MIGHT work for you. If you have the time and the money, just pursue any career (anything, really) just for the sake of not turning into a bum. After a few months (or years xD) after putting up with a few stupid people and (if you're lucky)experiencing interesting encounters you might realize what you really want to do with your life. When you do realize that what you're doing sucks and that something else is better, quit that shizz ASAP and pursue what you want. But 'trial and error' is only possible if you have enough moolah to spend and if you can afford to waste time. -_- Anyway, you'll still gain experience through this so it's better than doing nothing at all. As long as you're not as fickle as the weather with the urge to switch careers every year then you should be fine. Remember, life is an unpredictable bitch. Whichever path you'll take, she'll always find a way to make your life suck. So don't readily dismiss venturing into the unknown as an option. Who knows, maybe you'll like it or maybe it'll lead you to what you WILL want to do.


I see. I guess "trial and error" is my best option for now. Thank you very much.
Posted 5/29/12

underlock wrote:


D01BCDN3 wrote:

Why does my nose keep bleeding? I know it's certainly not my fingers.

And there is no way I am kidding on this one. Heck, I'd rely on Google, but that site irritates my pants off more than most of you people do.

I am serious. Do you guys ever get random bloody noses, even though it's not humid? Just random bloody noses that last for a bit and then consecutively comes back within an hour? How about those times where blood just keeps strolling out from your nostrils- not only for fifteen minutes, but for an hour or so? (You don't even need to dig into your nose to get a bloody nose!) Yeah, tell me about it. I hate drinking water just to make up for it. But, because I am a good person, I do it to benefit myself.

I also know that this is not because of seasonal changes; how the heck does that even affect me? I mean, I get them not because of the season changes, but I just get them. Maybe I have cancer or something. ROFL, I am kidding. No, I am just kidding. Maybe it is just because of the seasonal changes. I mean, if a rainy day can affect my mood, I am sure a sunny day can erupt my blood. And then a super cold day can freeze my blood....and squeeze it out from my nostrils? What? :o


I think your period is coming off the wrong way. Nosebleeds happen mostly when your nose is dry which is when the already weak blood vessels there are even more vulnerable.


That means I will have to loosen my blood circulation.
Posted 5/29/12
Gosh, haven't people heard of tampons for the nostrils?
25944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Hell
Offline
Posted 5/31/12
Kay kay. Does anyone have any suggestions for apps so that I can be rid of the ads on my iPhone and itouch? Because I keep getting obnoxious populous from this fake site - mobilewinner.org - saying I've won an iPad or some fake scamy shit like that. It's driving me NUTS, and it usually goes away after I clear my Internet data, but is there any way to get rid of ads on an iOS device?
25944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Hell
Offline
Posted 5/31/12
Also I meant popups!
FUUUU
AUTOCORRECT Y U NO DIE
First  Prev  176  177  178  179  180  181  182  183  184  185  186  187  188  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.