Remove this ad
First  Prev  186  187  188  189  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  Next  Last
Post Reply The General Help/Advice Thread
38078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 8/29/12
Has anyone ever took a class called "English Writers Craft" :{ I took that course for my next semester but I'm not doubting what I choose =/ if anyone took it. Can anyone explain what the course is and what I should expect?
Posted 8/29/12
It sounds like it would focus on things like sentence structure, grammar and following proper writing formats. I would expect to be writing a lot of essays on random topics and being graded on the quality of the writing over the content of the paper.
11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 8/30/12
I've given up on humantiy and see the only future is destruction. How should I reclaim my appreciation for the existence of such beings that cause the world's destruction? My suggestion to myself is beer.
Posted 8/30/12

Sky_Renzokuken wrote:

I've given up on humantiy and see the only future is destruction. How should I reclaim my appreciation for the existence of such beings that cause the world's destruction? My suggestion to myself is beer.


The world will keep going long after the human race is extinct, so don't worry about that. We will kill ourselves off, the world will recover. Happy ending.
11706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 8/30/12
hey at least you can have a positive outlook about this stuff. I've come to realize this many times and just numb the thought. Thanks for the advice or rather the truth O.o
7057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Towson
Offline
Posted 8/30/12
At what point will I actually feel "like an adult?"

I have a career job, my own health insurance, my own apartment, my own car, my own everything. I cook for myself, do everything that needs doing and pay all my bills....

And yet, I still feel the same as I did when I was 13, except that I am a bit worldlier, taller, hairier.

People older than me, what is the secret? I don't really believe you're actually being serious when you say you still feel like a kid in an adult body, too...
34 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 9/3/12 , edited 9/4/12
I agree, growing up is a part of nature. I also agree with starlightpriestess that sometimes it sucks and the person doesnt really want to grow up and give up on certain friends, college, your hometown and move away. But after sometime, a person starts making new memories. Me, for example, the only real friends I have are from school. I went to college, then university, then work - I have known people there, they were my friends but when I moved on, everything sort of automatically got disconnected. But my real friends, the childhood friends, they remain intact, and they always shall be

Lola P Gaston
Gh33 
28207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Glasgow, Scotland
Offline
Posted 9/4/12 , edited 9/4/12

xgp15a-ii wrote:

At what point will I actually feel "like an adult?"

I have a career job, my own health insurance, my own apartment, my own car, my own everything. I cook for myself, do everything that needs doing and pay all my bills....

And yet, I still feel the same as I did when I was 13, except that I am a bit worldlier, taller, hairier.

People older than me, what is the secret? I don't really believe you're actually being serious when you say you still feel like a kid in an adult body, too...


I'm like this too at age 24, but recently I've been thinking about changing my image to something a bit more mature. Why? I'm just fed up of being immature I guess and the best way I can think to start is with my image and clothing. I'll still play games and watch anime but I'm starting to think the impression I make on the outside should reflect what I feel on the inside; which is often deeper than people expect.

I'll still always be that same stupid kid, but it's time to grow up. So maybe the best answer is "You will start to feel like an adult at 24 years of age?" Any corroborators?


s1Lykos wrote:

I have a major problem at college. So I took a random pill and I've had an erection for over 6 hours, who do I call?















Ghost Busters?


I would recommend the care police.

g
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 9/5/12 , edited 9/5/12
Why would he feel uneasy?

So, I have a crush on a guy and I'm 100% sure he knows I like him. All his co-workers knows (don't ask how) Anyways, my crush usually sees me with my female friend very often because were just close, we're liek tag team. And so we often will appear where he's at on purpose while he's working. He has been showing signs of interest like looking back at me, holding eye contact, walking like a bad a**, appearing where I'm at now o.o and getting all happy when I appear "coincidentally" where he's at even if I haven't seen him for like 5 days. Ok, so I lied to my female friend and told her to come to the 2nd floor that I'm there just so that she can be around the guy I like and tell me what he's doing. She then text me that she saw my crush who works as a security guard at my college sitting down and that when she walked right pass him, he stood up instantly, and he started to take small steps here and there as if uneasy. He was working at the entrance of the back of the college where it usually quiet and secluded. She said she looked back at him just to see what eh was up to and she caught him looking at her. She said he seems like eh was expecting me and that he was like uneasy but liek in like a exciting way. She thinks he was expecting me but I wasn't there Why would he be uneasy tho?
72438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 9/5/12

popcornpuffs wrote:

Why would he feel uneasy?

So, I have a crush on a guy and I'm 100% sure he knows I like him. All his co-workers knows (don't ask how) Anyways, my crush usually sees me with my female friend very often because were just close, we're liek tag team. And so we often will appear where he's at on purpose while he's working. He has been showing signs of interest like looking back at me, holding eye contact, walking like a bad a**, appearing where I'm at now o.o and getting all happy when I appear "coincidentally" where he's at even if I haven't seen him for like 5 days. Ok, so I lied to my female friend and told her to come to the 2nd floor that I'm there just so that she can be around the guy I like and tell me what he's doing. She then text me that she saw my crush who works as a security guard at my college sitting down and that when she walked right pass him, he stood up instantly, and he started to take small steps here and there as if uneasy. He was working at the entrance of the back of the college where it usually quiet and secluded. She said she looked back at him just to see what eh was up to and she caught him looking at her. She said he seems like eh was expecting me and that he was like uneasy but liek in like a exciting way. She thinks he was expecting me but I wasn't there Why would he be uneasy tho?


It could be that he wanted to meet up with you to tell you to stop stalking him.
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 9/5/12

haikinka wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:

Why would he feel uneasy?

So, I have a crush on a guy and I'm 100% sure he knows I like him. All his co-workers knows (don't ask how) Anyways, my crush usually sees me with my female friend very often because were just close, we're liek tag team. And so we often will appear where he's at on purpose while he's working. He has been showing signs of interest like looking back at me, holding eye contact, walking like a bad a**, appearing where I'm at now o.o and getting all happy when I appear "coincidentally" where he's at even if I haven't seen him for like 5 days. Ok, so I lied to my female friend and told her to come to the 2nd floor that I'm there just so that she can be around the guy I like and tell me what he's doing. She then text me that she saw my crush who works as a security guard at my college sitting down and that when she walked right pass him, he stood up instantly, and he started to take small steps here and there as if uneasy. He was working at the entrance of the back of the college where it usually quiet and secluded. She said she looked back at him just to see what eh was up to and she caught him looking at her. She said he seems like eh was expecting me and that he was like uneasy but liek in like a exciting way. She thinks he was expecting me but I wasn't there Why would he be uneasy tho?


It could be that he wanted to meet up with you to tell you to stop stalking him.


Pfft, doesn't seem like it. If he been walking right pass me back and forth smilingly wanting my attention as well.
698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Lost
Offline
Posted 9/6/12
Somehow, him being uneasy around your friend gives me a bad feeling.

When you pass by him, just talk to him and asking "What's the matter?" if he's being nervous.
45041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Online
Posted 9/8/12
Have you ever done something that you felt wasn't right but it was okay.

have you ever done something that you felt wasn't right but it was okay.I don't know if im a perfectionist or im just overthinking it, but I am probably going to my last anime con this year and want to have a full experience. I am looking for rooms with some of the local fanatics and is getting ready for my last cosplay. The only problem is that my Cosplay weapon cost a ton and making it seem impossible...I am thinking about just getting another cosplay prop to replace it or is it alright to go to the con without the weapon. I already doing without the hair. I just don't feel right going to Cosplay without the weapon. I understand it is okay but what happen if someone wanna take a picture and i dont have the Weapon prop! Should i really care... or am I overthinking the situation.The cosplay im going as is Kirito from the new anime Sword art online. the material for the cosplay was fairly easy but the weapon is a completely different story.What should I do Crunchyroll Community
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/10/12
I don't know if this forum will really help, but I guess it's worth a try.
My friends are getting seperated. It's not as bad as it sounds, but almost as much.
They're not talking to each other, not hanging out--not doing anything together, really.
I didn't want this to happen to me, too, but I think I'm getting farther away from them as well.
The 'seperation' has only just happened recently--it started about last week or so.
Nobody's explained anything to me. There was no emotional fight, no arguments, and no badmouthing--at least, I haven't heard any.
It's as if we were never together. Like we never hung out or shared jokes.
The best I can get out of any of them is a polite, and slightly annoyed, "Hello".
I don't think I've done anything wrong either. I'm not the type of person that steals their friends' crushes or talks bad about them behind their backs.
Is this a prank or something??
IDK what's going on...any ideas? -.-
Kill la Moderator
AHTL 
78174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Norway
Offline
Posted 9/11/12

amaikurai wrote:

I don't know if this forum will really help, but I guess it's worth a try.
My friends are getting seperated. It's not as bad as it sounds, but almost as much.
They're not talking to each other, not hanging out--not doing anything together, really.
I didn't want this to happen to me, too, but I think I'm getting farther away from them as well.
The 'seperation' has only just happened recently--it started about last week or so.
Nobody's explained anything to me. There was no emotional fight, no arguments, and no badmouthing--at least, I haven't heard any.
It's as if we were never together. Like we never hung out or shared jokes.
The best I can get out of any of them is a polite, and slightly annoyed, "Hello".
I don't think I've done anything wrong either. I'm not the type of person that steals their friends' crushes or talks bad about them behind their backs.
Is this a prank or something??
IDK what's going on...any ideas? -.-


I think the best solution would be to just confront one of them in person and get the truth out of them. Maybe there is some misunderstanding/false rumour circulating. I don't know if there is any other solution to this.
First  Prev  186  187  188  189  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.