First  Prev  209  210  211  212  213  214  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  Next  Last
Post Reply The General Help/Advice Thread
18058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Online
Posted 8/4/13 , edited 8/4/13

suikojay wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

Today I was told
"the way to get rid of a cold is to give it to somebody else."
They were serious.

I'm sure they were just seriously joking,


No, they weren't.
they say things like that all the time!
"if you want to get taller, you should play basket ball. They get taller from jumping."

i just. I don't know.
I want to live in a cave and pretend nothing happened.
27823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 8/4/13

Sir_jamesalot wrote:



No, they weren't.
they say things like that all the time!
"if you want to get taller, you should play basket ball. They get taller from jumping."

Lol, wow... I guess, at this point, I would have to wonder just how educated these fellows are then, and ask them where they get their info from.
45 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/4/13
how do you become a fan of an anime? I just added them to my queue before but then I noticed a fan page
2034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / England
Offline
Posted 8/7/13
So I've been thinking about become a vlogger on YouTube; I feel it'd help with my self-confidence if I managed it and would also be cool as sort of a video diary I could one day look back on.

However throughout school I've been bullied by people due to who I am and the way I look which has knocked my confidence to the point of not allowing myself to be photoed or videoed due to people saying hurtful things about me. I feel like this could be a step forward for me but I don't want my confidence to be knocked further as a result of it.

Do you guys have any advice for me?
Thanks ♥
69682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/7/13

supernatantem wrote:

So I've been thinking about become a vlogger on YouTube; I feel it'd help with my self-confidence if I managed it and would also be cool as sort of a video diary I could one day look back on.

However throughout school I've been bullied by people due to who I am and the way I look which has knocked my confidence to the point of not allowing myself to be photoed or videoed due to people saying hurtful things about me. I feel like this could be a step forward for me but I don't want my confidence to be knocked further as a result of it.

Do you guys have any advice for me?
Thanks ♥


Could always have just your voice accompanied with pictures and drawings and stuff rather than having yourself on camera. If that's what the problem is anyway.
1052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/8/13

supernatantem wrote:

So I've been thinking about become a vlogger on YouTube; I feel it'd help with my self-confidence if I managed it and would also be cool as sort of a video diary I could one day look back on.

However throughout school I've been bullied by people due to who I am and the way I look which has knocked my confidence to the point of not allowing myself to be photoed or videoed due to people saying hurtful things about me. I feel like this could be a step forward for me but I don't want my confidence to be knocked further as a result of it.

Do you guys have any advice for me?
Thanks ♥


I'd suggest recording a couple of videos and flag them as private on YT (so only the people with a link can see it).
Then you should give the links to people you trust and know they'll give you good feedback.
This should raise your confidence a bit and give you a chance to improve your videos before going "public".
13025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 8/12/13
I'm looking into getting a streaming player to watch video content on, including Crunchyroll. I was originally going to get an Apple TV, since I've used one myself in another house. However, I've been told by some people that a Roku 3 would be a better purchase, and since they're both priced similarly I decided to ask for opinions here.

As far as Crunchyroll goes, do videos play better on one device over the other? Or would the picture quality and navigation be equal between the two devices regardless? Are there other advantages to picking one over the other?
12595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 8/12/13
I need help finding a job that would make me happy. Not a full career, just a job (as I'm in college).

I got fired from two jobs for very stupid reasons. The first one at a beer mart, because my employer said I didn't do anything right, but then again, I never got trained to do half the things I was assigned. The second at a bakery, the bakers were just rude and ruthless people and wanted me out, so I was kicked.

This led me into some upset moments. Mind all that, both jobs I wasn't really happy with either. Nobody is at all completely happy with the job they get, but I tend to work better when I can be myself. Although, I have no idea where to go to even find a decent job that won't have me collapse in my own stuttering. I'm a light-hearted person, self-conscious, and very talkative. My personality can hold its own, but when it comes to jobs where everything is own your shoulders or your boss is like a vulture, I tend to break down.

Think of me as Sachi from Sword Art Online for anybody relevant with that anime. When I saw her, I saw my own reflection.

Where could I go for a job where I'm not just another robot or brick in the wall? Somewhere where I could be myself, and get the work done. My buddy said to look into the communications field as my personality somehow meanders into that, but I'm not totally sure where.

Thanks in advance.
4393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
99 / F / No longer in the...
Offline
Posted 8/13/13
Dear Moderator/ Answerer/ Who ever is in charge,

Just one question, Is it possible to delete a topic whihc you have posted in a forum?
6232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Denmark
Offline
Posted 8/13/13

Thanks for the reply! And I definitely think you're right about this. Was taught to pretty much always mind my own business, but what you wrote makes a whole lot of sense, so I think it would be worth it too to try and talk to her. Was just nice to see someone else thinking the same.
1012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 8/13/13
Hey guys,

I don't know if this is the right thread to post this but I kinda need help with something.I want to get a Premium Membership on Crunchyroll but somehow crunchyroll doesn't accept paypal as a payment method.Everytime I'm trying to subscribe to the 14 days free trial and choose paypal as a payment method paypal is just saying to me that they can't proceed with the request right now.BTW I'm from Germany and it sounds like it's a very common thing to germans who wants to pay with paypal on crunchyroll (at least google is saying that).May be someone can tell me a method to get around with that problem.Anyone can help me with this?

PS: A credit card isn't a option for me.
27823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 8/13/13 , edited 8/13/13

Densetsuhakai wrote:

I'm not sure why it's a problem for those from Germany, but I'd suggest sending a message thru the "Contact Us" help page. You can find it by scrolling down this webpage and under the Support heading. Or u can click the following link (which will take u to the same place): http://www.crunchyroll.com/help?topic=contact

In the meantime, there are free 48 hour guest passes that u can use in the 48 hour Guest Pass thread: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-803801/the-official-guest-pass-thread

Hope everything works out for ya!



tf2pyros wrote:


Finding a job these days that pays well and that'll make u happy isn't that easy. Since u seem to be a college student, your choices will be even more limited due to little job experience and I'm assuming, no degree? Generally, u just want to get your foot in the door somewhere, but to do that u will usually need to start at the bottom and show that u can hold onto a job consistently (plus, this will hopefully provide u with good references for future employment - assuming your boss and co-workers like u enough to refer u to a future employer), and while u are doing this, u should get to know more people (build a network in other words). The more people u know, the more likely it is that you'll run into the right people that can help u land a job that's more tailored to your tastes and skills. I'd recommend speaking with a counselor (or whoever is in charge of vocations/employment) at your college. Also, if u are interested in the communications field, here's a site that lists a bunch of professions that fall under that field: http://web.olivetcollege.edu/careerdev/communication.htm

Hope things work out for ya! ^___^


Saki7u8i wrote:


Unless something has changed, nope. The only thing u can delete are your own posts within any thread, but last time I checked, u only have an hour when the post is initially made, to delete it, before it is set in stone.


ockyboo wrote:

how do you become a fan of an anime? I just added them to my queue before but then I noticed a fan page

Those "fans" that u saw I think are "fans" from a long time ago, since I think becoming a "fan" of an anime has become a relic of the past, and I don't believe it's something u can do anymore. If u want a for-sure answer, I'd recommend sending a message thru the "Contact Us" help page, located near the bottom of this webpage, under the Support heading.

However, if u are talking about joining a particular fan user group, u can do that. Just type in the name of the anime in the search box at the top right corner of this webpage. Then click on Groups to the left, and voilà!!

Kiki's Customer Support Service
Ezgi 
84367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Toronto ಥ⌣ಥ
Offline
Posted 8/13/13

Densetsuhakai wrote:

Hey guys,

I don't know if this is the right thread to post this but I kinda need help with something.I want to get a Premium Membership on Crunchyroll but somehow crunchyroll doesn't accept paypal as a payment method.Everytime I'm trying to subscribe to the 14 days free trial and choose paypal as a payment method paypal is just saying to me that they can't proceed with the request right now.BTW I'm from Germany and it sounds like it's a very common thing to germans who wants to pay with paypal on crunchyroll (at least google is saying that).May be someone can tell me a method to get around with that problem.Anyone can help me with this?

PS: A credit card isn't a option for me.


I'm sorry but this is actually a problem with Paypal itself not with Crunchyroll. :/


Paypal, for one reason or another, had to place a block on recurring purchases being made from Germany (on any site that uses recurring subscriptions, not just ours). So you most likely will not be able to purchase Premium Membership through our standard system.

As such, you will unfortunately need to use one of our other payment options. Alternatively, if you have a second email address you can purchase a subscription for yourself as a gift.
1012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 8/15/13

Kippu wrote:


Densetsuhakai wrote:

Hey guys,

I don't know if this is the right thread to post this but I kinda need help with something.I want to get a Premium Membership on Crunchyroll but somehow crunchyroll doesn't accept paypal as a payment method.Everytime I'm trying to subscribe to the 14 days free trial and choose paypal as a payment method paypal is just saying to me that they can't proceed with the request right now.BTW I'm from Germany and it sounds like it's a very common thing to germans who wants to pay with paypal on crunchyroll (at least google is saying that).May be someone can tell me a method to get around with that problem.Anyone can help me with this?

PS: A credit card isn't a option for me.


I'm sorry but this is actually a problem with Paypal itself not with Crunchyroll. :/


Paypal, for one reason or another, had to place a block on recurring purchases being made from Germany (on any site that uses recurring subscriptions, not just ours). So you most likely will not be able to purchase Premium Membership through our standard system.

As such, you will unfortunately need to use one of our other payment options. Alternatively, if you have a second email address you can purchase a subscription for yourself as a gift.


Thanks for you help.Your advice really helped me and now I'm a premium member thanks to you. x3
179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 8/17/13 , edited 8/17/13

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


suikojay wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

Today I was told
"the way to get rid of a cold is to give it to somebody else."
They were serious.

I'm sure they were just seriously joking,


No, they weren't.
they say things like that all the time!
"if you want to get taller, you should play basket ball. They get taller from jumping."

i just. I don't know.
I want to live in a cave and pretend nothing happened.



This is the funniest thing I have read in weeks. It cheered me up. Thanks
First  Prev  209  210  211  212  213  214  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.