First  Prev  214  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  224  225  226  Next  Last
Post Reply The General Help/Advice Thread
28839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 10/12/13 , edited 10/12/13

LolitaLicker wrote:


any one where i can get a hold of this? and from what site? hlj discontinued the product even tho i had a preorder

Currently, it's still available here: http://otakurepublic.com/product/product_page_199333.html?ref=product_page&type=related_product
15557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/13

suikojay wrote:


LolitaLicker wrote:


any one where i can get a hold of this? and from what site? hlj discontinued the product even tho i had a preorder

Currently, it's still available here: http://otakurepublic.com/product/product_page_199333.html?ref=product_page&type=related_product


holy shit its only available in that site because its overpriced compared to all the other sites but thanks
24424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / US
Offline
Posted 10/13/13 , edited 10/13/13


This answer gave me a question. I hope you can answer it.

How does CR choose the shows? do they have a market in specific or...? I wonder because most of the animes here are targeted towards high school kids, lots of shounen and magical girl shows...I think there are only like 5 anime worth watching for me from CR...all my favorite animes are not here either because they are more mature or dark as opposed to the majority of stuff shown here.

28900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / My couch, usually
Online
Posted 10/13/13

kirika202 wrote:This answer gave me a question. I hope you can answer it.
How does CR choose the shows? do they have a market in specific or...?
The simple answer is that they try to get everything that comes out on TV every season if they can compete successfully for it and have the buying power (subscriptions) to do so. So yeah, you will get a range of stuff, a few very good, most mediocre, and a few not at all to your taste.

I wonder because most of the animes here are targeted towards high school kids, lots of shounen and magical girl shows...I think there are only like 5 anime worth watching for me from CR...
That's a reflection of the industry itself. Remember, Anime is targeted almost entirely at a Japanese audience, and its main purpose is to get sales of disks and merchandise tie-ins. Since the main audience there is the younger generations, that's what mostly gets made. Licensing of streamable video to other regions is practically an afterthought there.

all my favorite animes are not here either because they are more mature or dark as opposed to the majority of stuff shown here.
That's likely a reflection of the way that Funimation competes, they pick out about four shows each season that they think they can eventually sell dubbed on disk in the states, and since the target audience is now the Americas, those usually are the more mature offerings. When and where Funi competes, then CR typically doesn't get those because they go for a much higher guaranteed price, and Funi usually gets exclusive rights in return. Not always, but most of the time. With the notable exception of AOT, if Funi gets something, you won't see it on CR.
18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M
Offline
Posted 10/14/13

Hairbelly wrote:


Imraeath wrote:



well the image is JPG, but the size may be a problem: 364KB.


You're good. If it's 364KB, you're under 1 megabyte.



Can you post the picture here so we can take a look at it?





suikojay wrote:


Imraeath wrote: well the image is JPG, but the size may be a problem: 364KB.
Maybe u can try other pics and see if u can get any to work.


I know what I was doing wrong. If you click crop and save before the picture loads you see the picture with the box that you drag around to crop the picture. The thing is you can drag that box around all you want, once your in that screen there isn't anything you can press. So I guess its a glitch of sorts. Once I figured this out I just had to wait for the picture to load drag the box around and THEN hit the crop and save button.
In retrospect I think it would have been lest confusing if that button just said save.
28839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 10/14/13

Imraeath wrote: I just had to wait for the picture to load drag the box around and THEN hit the crop and save button.

Yep, that's how it's supposed to work! XD

Anyway, glad u got it to work! ^.^
20565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 10/14/13

Imraeath wrote:



I know what I was doing wrong. If you click crop and save before the picture loads you see the picture with the box that you drag around to crop the picture. The thing is you can drag that box around all you want, once your in that screen there isn't anything you can press. So I guess its a glitch of sorts. Once I figured this out I just had to wait for the picture to load drag the box around and THEN hit the crop and save button.
In retrospect I think it would have been lest confusing if that button just said save.


Awesome. Glad it worked out for you.
71 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Maryland
Offline
Posted 10/22/13
This may b the dumbest thing, but is it weird to feel uncomfortable about the BF talking about girls he's slept with so openly?
One of them is his friends and they joke about it...It's not like he boasts about it, but when it comes up, yeah...it's awkward...
34072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / apopka florida
Offline
Posted 10/22/13
hi. the page with the videos shows that what i watch has more videos but when i go to click on them the long hoped for videos arent there, even the "coming soon" videos wont show up. SO, i was wondering if anyone knows whats going on? im quite confused...
28839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 10/22/13 , edited 10/22/13

wakizashi128 wrote: This may b the dumbest thing, but is it weird to feel uncomfortable about the BF talking about girls he's slept with so openly?

Just my humble opinion, but I don't think it's appropriate to be talking about things like that in the open, so I don't think it's weird for u or anyone to feel uncomfortable about it. If this is a real bother to u or someone else, perhaps it should be brought up to the BF? Communication (so that everyone understands one another) is always important in any kind of relationship.


Seph6933 wrote: the page with the videos shows that what i watch has more videos but when i go to click on them the long hoped for videos arent there, even the "coming soon" videos wont show up. SO, i was wondering if anyone knows whats going on?

I'm not sure which page u are referring to. Are u talking about the Queue page: http://www.crunchyroll.com/home/queue or a series page like the one for AoT: http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan?

Anyway, I'd recommend scrolling down to the bottom of the web page and checking that u have the English (US) language selected. If it's the (UK) one selected, it could give u strange stuff like what u may be experiencing right now.

If that's not it, check the "Contact Us" page: http://www.crunchyroll.com/help?topic=contact and scroll to the bottom, and check to make sure the Detected Country is the United States (if that's where u are from).
20565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 10/23/13 , edited 10/23/13

wakizashi128 wrote:

This may b the dumbest thing, but is it weird to feel uncomfortable about the BF talking about girls he's slept with so openly?


No, it's not weird at all for you to feel uncomfortable about that. Your boyfriend is being rather inconsiderate. He really shouldn't talk about past relationships (unless it helps him work through things that would benefit his current relationship with you), and quite frankly, he should put previous relationships behind him and focus on you.

I'm sure he's a good guy in many ways, but he's being rude in this situation.
19409 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/24/13 , edited 10/24/13

Hairbelly wrote:


wakizashi128 wrote:

This may b the dumbest thing, but is it weird to feel uncomfortable about the BF talking about girls he's slept with so openly?


I'm sure he's a good guy in many ways,...


How can you be sure?
33579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/26/13 , edited 10/26/13
We can'T be sure...but we are young so this happens...people wants to feel wanted, wants to proove they have what it got
182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/29/13
Hi, so like my phone contract is going to expire soon which means I'm going to be able to change phones ;D
But I am currently torn between the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Sony Xperia Z1... so anyone have any suggestions?

I know the S4 is pretty popular and I've read it is the better phone... But I kind of really do want the Z1. It just looks like it has cooler features and honestly right now I have a Galaxy S and after 3 years of over usage it sucks!! I wanna destroy my phone LOL. It lags and crashes allll the time now. I need a really good functioning phone both in functionality and durability. Help? =[

Oh btw, I saw the S4 is like made of plastic while the Z1 is aluminum and glass... I'm not sure I'm too okay with plastic cuz I saw my friend's Note2 and compared with my Galaxy S captivate (which is metal) and yea I definitely prefer the metal...
First  Prev  214  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  224  225  226  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.