First  Prev  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  234  235  236  237  Next  Last
Post Reply The General Help/Advice Thread
17604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 3 days ago
You don't get salmonella from cans, you get it from leaving the food out all day.
We all know this, right?
3036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Midwest USA
Offline
Posted 2 days ago
Are you allowed to put up the codes for the 48hr access on the comments or forums? It doesn't say on the rules board? I have a bunch of guess passes and none of my friends are into anime. I see people posted them up and was wondering if was ok to give them away like that?
14910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Seattle
Offline
Posted 2 days ago , edited 2 days ago

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

You don't get salmonella from cans, you get it from leaving the food out all day.
We all know this, right?


Salmonella comes from feces. You would most likely get it from raw meats or unwashed fruits or vegetables, or by having those touch "clean" food and giving the bacteria time to multiply in it. There are other bacteria that can land on food and grow in it. Canned foods can make you sick if they have botulinum. No food is safe. Watch Moyashimon.
17604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 2 days ago

TheCoolAlchemist wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

You don't get salmonella from cans, you get it from leaving the food out all day.
We all know this, right?


Salmonella comes from feces. You would most likely get it from raw meats or unwashed fruits or vegetables, or by having those touch "clean" food and giving the bacteria time to multiply in it. There are other bacteria that can land on food and grow in it. Canned foods can make you sick if they have botulinum. No food is safe. Watch Moyashimon.


But not from the can.
The container does not contaminate the food.
24112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Side 6, L5
Offline
Posted one day ago
"The container does not contaminate the food." -- I would say this is 100% correct sir.

"According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture and North Dakota State University, it is safe to store any type of opened canned good in the refrigerator. The can should be covered with a lid foil, or plastic wrap to minimize the risk of contamination, but there is little to no risk of illness from keeping the food in the can. According to the USDA, all foods can be safely stored in an open can in the refrigerator for one to two days."
http://www.canned-fresh.com/can-i-refrigerate-canned-food/

Salmonella also lives naturally on the surfaces of healthy birds, reptiles and amphibians. So just wash your hands after handling any turtles, snakes, or frogs.
17095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F
Offline
Posted one day ago
The only ways you could conceivably get sick from freshly opened canned food are if you ate food from a can whose seal became compromised either from being severely bent or by having its pop-top slightly lifted, or by using a traditional can opener on a can whose top had been contaminated by rodents or other filth without washing it first. I used to think my mom was just paranoid about washing can tops until I pulled a can off a grocery store shelf and found a mouse had left droppings on it. <shudders>
3036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Midwest USA
Offline
Posted one day ago
You do know, you should also wash/wipe pop cans off before you drink from them. You just do not know what had crawled over the can tops, in vending machines, boxes, or loose cans in the coolers. You would never believe how many damage cases of can pop was used in the cooler and what was spilled on them original.

Hope you don't mind my joining in for the moment.
127352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Overlord's Castle
Offline
Posted one day ago
Anyone know why the comments are disabled?
2978 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Online
Posted 23 hours ago

Kira0309 wrote:

Anyone know why the comments are disabled?


Yeah, I'm also wondering about this. Been looking all over the site and forums to see if a reason was posted, but alas no luck. So either I've completely missed it or nothing has been said as to why.

Toto87 
5254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / México
Offline
Posted 22 hours ago

Wynd_Stryker wrote:


Kira0309 wrote:

Anyone know why the comments are disabled?


Yeah, I'm also wondering about this. Been looking all over the site and forums to see if a reason was posted, but alas no luck. So either I've completely missed it or nothing has been said as to why.



Same here!
d3v3l 
17370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Arizona
Online
Posted 19 hours ago
Same here - Are we specific users banned from commenting? If so good bye CR.
9784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Hertfordshire, En...
Offline
Posted 16 hours ago

d3v3l wrote:

Same here - Are we specific users banned from commenting? If so good bye CR.


I'm fairly certain it's everyone. As to why... well, that's anyone's guess.
First  Prev  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  234  235  236  237  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.